Hmmm....I thought this would get a decent amount of love lol

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ferro Vida

@buttersdaman000: Fernus who shut down the entire Justice League? Fernus who has more feats then Cyclops?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Ferro Vida:  
Cyclops beat down the Avengers.....
Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@buttersdaman000: He killed every White Martian in the phantom zone a number that ranges into the hundreds, stomped the JLA three times this includes Flash,Supes and WW, and sent Scorch into comma with pyrokenesis despite her resistance to extreme heat

I say he wins in a decent battle.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By buttersdaman000
@SHARKBEARAGATOR:  
Ahh forgot about the White Martians, but correct me if i'm wrong....didn't he use their weakness to fire to his extreme advantage? If so, Cyclops could've easily done the same thing 
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

@buttersdaman000: it didnt really go into detail how he defeated them in the comic

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@buttersdaman000: White Martians have techniques to avoid fire like using their speed and stealth

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As shown here

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernus TP him

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lol said:

Fernus TP him

Who says it'll be successful?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sy8000

@adamtrmm said:

@lol said:

Fernus TP him

Who says it'll be successful?

His telepathy feats outclass Scotts.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@highaccuser said:

Yes it does.

Show me.

What's there to show? If one telepath outclasses the other, he'll overpower his resistance.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cyclops

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's there to show? If one telepath outclasses the other, he'll overpower his resistance.

Telepathic resistance =\= telepathy. But anyway, show me what makes you say Fernus can beat Cyclops telepathically because hypothetically saying he will win just because his feats are better in illusion casting doesn't make his empathy feats better. See what I mean? I want to understand what exactly do you think will happen in this battle.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@highaccuser said:

Telepathic resistance =\= telepathy. But anyway, show me what makes you say Fernus can beat Cyclops telepathically because hypothetically saying he will win just because his feats are better in illusion casting doesn't make his empathy feats better. See what I mean? I want to understand what exactly do you think will happen in this battle.

Cyclops' best feat is beating Xavier telepathically. Martian Manhunter alone is more powerful than Charles. Fernus has easily turned Joker and all of Arkham sane for an extended period of time. J'onn could barely keep Joker sane for a few seconds.

Inferior telepaths can resist superior ones and force them to use other powers to win, but if one telepath completely outclasses the other that's all that's needed. For instance, Thanos is a weaker telepath than MMH but could resist his telepathy and beat him, but Despero would be able to drop him with telepathy regardless.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adamTRMM

@highaccuser:

Cyclops' best feat is beating Xavier telepathically.

To be accurate, Xavier tried to mindrape him and died as the result which triggered the Dark Phoenix.

Martian Manhunter alone is more powerful than Charles.

This is an opinion, not a fact so...

Fernus has easily turned Joker and all of Arkham sane for an extended period of time.

Cool. Really. That doesn't mean he has the power to compete with Phoenix.

Inferior telepaths can resist superior ones and force them to use other powers to win, but if one telepath completely outclasses the other that's all that's needed. For instance, Thanos is a weaker telepath than MMH but could resist his telepathy and beat him, but Despero would be able to drop him with telepathy regardless.

The problem is, each feat has to be examined individually, especially when we're discussing something as tricky as telepathy. I'll start from saying I'm no Fernus expert and never read Trial by Fire, I'm only familiar with him from the feats represented online. So instead of claiming his inferiority I rather try to understand where his limits were shown, by representing the second side. Here I'm being completely honest.

So, I want to make a little walk-through Xavier's most famous encounters with Phoenix. The first time when Jean was overtaken by it, Xavier battled the Force on infinite planes existence. He was fighting a cosmic force of psionic energy on infinite planes of existence. People try to debunk this feat by saying Jean was helping him, but this is not accurate. She did hold back the Phoenix, I don't think anyone has a delusion Xavier (or any other telepath, including MM and Fernus) could win in an actual battle against PF, like really? The battle on infinite planes did happen and was wholly performed and held out by Xavier himself, Jean only ensured he won't be incinerated. What do Martian and Fernus have to put above that? Now, when he faced Cyclops there was no one to hold back psionic output of the Force and that's why he died.

From here the understanding is, same will happen to Fernus and MM unless you have something "else", like successfully battling the cosmic entity of pisonics, to add.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Phoenix Cyclops can win this.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Cyclops' best feat is beating Xavier telepathically. Martian Manhunter alone is more powerful than Charles.

I am relatively new on this forum but I have seen this being brought up more than once. Would you be able to explain why people normally assume Charles is inferior to Martian Manhunter? The former has pretty good telepathic feats himself and for odd reason most of these aren’t brought up.

That being said, Cyclops only defeated Charles in a telepathic battle after he had nearly the entirety of the Phoenix Force, he was still struggling with 1/2 of the Phoenix Force against Charles, in this thread however Cyclops only has 1/5 of it. I don’t think he could replicate the said feat.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lol
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#23 god_spawn  Moderator

Fernus.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24 god_spawn  Moderator

@adamtrmm:

To be accurate, Xavier tried to mindrape him and died as the result which triggered the Dark Phoenix.

Xavier tried shutting him down telepathically and Scott kicked him out. After absorbing Emma's power, he was asked to stop one final time, Scott said he wasn't his father and got him with a flame burst, killing Xavier. Xavier didn't try messing with his head and die as a result.

Straynger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fernus

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By adamTRMM
@god_spawn said:

Xavier tried shutting him down telepathically and Scott kicked him out. After absorbing Emma's power, he was asked to stop one final time, Scott said he wasn't his father and got him with a flame burst, killing Xavier. Xavier didn't try messing with his head and die as a result.

I had to reread that moment after your massage and you're right, I just had remembered it more "compactly". Thanks for correcting me on that, but Xavier still tried to mess with his head and was kicked out. He couldn't get past the mindblock Cyclops willingly created and it was half-powered Cyke. Dam, for some reason I remembered Xavier dying as an accidental backlash and not by an intentional move. This moment was even more controversial than I recalled!

Anyway, why Fernus?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By comic_book_fan

phoenix cyclops he is faster probably stronger although physical strength means nothing to a phoenix avatar he could hear every mind on earth without trying from the moon and that was with 1/5 power

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers