PH: Sentry (Speedster) vs Superboy Prime (CA1) VOTING

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tensor: Could you give some kind of reasoning?

and also, it was a bit annoying how he brought up new points that I wasn't allowed to counter... I kinda thought it would be a simple summary wrap up, but oh well. Thanks for voting!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lukehero said:

@speedster101: @cosmicallyaware1: I honestly can't make a non biased vote here. I hate the Sentry with a passion.

I'm honestly in the same boat. I haven't read the match (and I will) but I fear if I vote for you that people with automatically assume its because my burning hatred for Sentry and how he's often presented on the Vine. It wouldn't be such a problem but I've been so incredibly vocal about my disdain for Sentry this past month.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@speedster101: @cosmicallyaware1: I honestly can't make a non biased vote here. I hate the Sentry with a passion.

I'm honestly in the same boat. I haven't read the match (and I will) but I fear if I vote for you that people with automatically assume its because my burning hatred for Sentry and how he's often presented on the Vine. It wouldn't be such a problem but I've been so incredibly vocal about my disdain for Sentry this past month.

understood and respected bro. That is how I always felt before this match and will probably be the last Sentry match I do. But Speedster is an upcoming debater, so I will do more matches with him. good stuff.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1-1. Tensor needs to give more reasons.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: you and me both man, most overrated ever

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much Sentry hate lol... Very glad you guys were mature enough to say this before voting and i thank them for not voting :)

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@lukehero said:

ehem i literally made a thread where i openly stated where Sentry threads made me want to get a vasectomy and then kill myself...

i think i beat you both

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I normally dont like CAV battles. I will admit :) i did enjoy reading from both ends and how the counter arguments played out. Both debaters showed extensive knowledge on the characters. The closing arguments was on point from both ends. I would have liked to have seen @speedster101 argument after @cosmicallyaware1 finalizing :). Good stuff :) from both ends :)

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@speedster101: @cosmicallyaware1:

As I read threw everything, speedster proven his point with scans and feats that as powerful as superbly prime was cosmic didn't show any proof to why sentry would lose, speedster prove brute strength was easily shrug off by sentry and attacking his body would do nothing to sentry. Cosmic you also proven that spb (auto correct not letting me spell sbp) has tank power way above sentry and that sentry also has no way of winning against spb. But speedster showed anything done against sentry would mean nothing as he would instantly regenerate, at that point I was going to vote for speedster but in the last post cosmic you made a comeback and finally pointed out WHY would win via heat vision, vaporizing sentry in subatomic lvl and/or freezing him with freeze breath which sentry has not shown defense against.

I vote for @cosmicallyaware1 for his perfect finale, finally proving why spb would win.

You both have one of the best debating skill their is, I hope you read more debates from you guys.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Speedster101

@skyroid: DANG IT... The closing again... Really really wish i had an opportunity to counter some of his closin points (believ me there were counter previously mentioned to his win conditions) but vote taken and well appreciated! :)

EDIT: one complaint bro, you said CA1 proved i couldnt hurt sbp... This is something i seriously dis agree with on your part Skyroid. I think i reslly drove my three win conditions home... Would you be comfortable elaborating a bit more on that point? Im not upset or anything, just rather confused.

@cosmicallyaware1: That closing pulling through man... Dang it... XD

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: If there's any further/more cav debates I would love to participate as the best way to learn about characters are from well mannered cav.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: brother. The last word is always the ideal way to go. I put a lot of work into that! regardless of the outcome.....whatever it ends out to be.......I'm seriously impressed by you. One of the most challenging debates I've had in awhile. WE NEED TO DO MORE!!!! Fantastic job mate.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: I get the feeling that if you got the closing the you would've won and if cosmic took another he would've won and so on and so on. You guys could go on rebutting forever. One of the flaw of cav is the last person's post would have more likely chance to win.

My teacher once said (after reading a book called animal farm to is) "Animal would completely agree with whoever was speaking currently, and would agree with the last person to give speech for as long as until the next person talks" I can't remember exact words.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyroid: Ya i feel you, thanks for voting!

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyroid: participate or read? I'm taking on a hall of famer who's using obscure characters (Dark Nebula, Hay Dresden) while I debate with some mainstream characters (hal Jordan, Kyle rayner, superboy) in another tournament, I could link it to you of you'd like

I believe it's 2-1 in favor of cosmic

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever: If you enjoyed it... Mind voting...? ;p

Normally i dont vote in these CAV . In all honesty the closing argument is what did you in. Your counter arguments was on point :) before his final say. That is why i was curious to see what, you would have said next. Unfortunately it was already over. In this case i would have voted for @cosmicallyaware1 . You both did well.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyroid said:

@speedster101: I get the feeling that if you got the closing the you would've won and if cosmic took another he would've won and so on and so on. You guys could go on rebutting forever. One of the flaw of cav is the last person's post would have more likely chance to win.

My teacher once said (after reading a book called animal farm to is) "Animal would completely agree with whoever was speaking currently, and would agree with the last person to give speech for as long as until the next person talks" I can't remember exact words.

true. so very, very true (most of the time)....................................

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: I am going to reread everything to find if I missed something.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeezus

this was a massacre. SBP styled.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101:

SBP has Heat Vision on a scale higher than Kal's. So take into consideration what Kal has accomplished with the ability, and then take it to another level. SBP will be able to vaporize any portion of DSS that he chooses. DSS's vaunted instant regen will do nothing if as soon as he reconstitutes, he gets vaporized once again.

Along with the explanation of his freeze breath.

You did well with Sentry I must commend you on that.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Ugh i pre-emptively countered that point by saying Sentry can absorb heat energies thus making heat vision moot (that was the point of the sun feat and the Genis Vell feat). And he can Molecule manip the ice. Also previously mentioned. Wish i had a chance to re state my counters...

now, now. Once it's over.......it's over. But i known how you feel. I have had the same issue previously. BUT, etiquette dictates: no explanations after the fact. It's uncouth.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedster101: You did well you might just pull of this win it is still early for voting.

Keep your head up.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: @cosmicallyaware1: my bad bro. I wasnt trying to add this to my debate, simply explain to this one person. I shall delete my post So it wont sway voting :)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#181 tparks  Online

@cosmicallyaware1: Definitely will be reading this soon. If you don't hear back from me tonight, tag me again tomorrow for a reminder to vote, because I will probably read it on my phone tomorrow.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By skyroid

@speedster101: I reread everything,idk why I said you didn't have winning conditions because you clearly did, I agree with two of them tp and tanking his attacks until he gets tired then take spb out, but the idea of using his heat vision to completely vaporize sentry as soon as he heals and using freeze breath to freeze sentry in subatomic lvl or flying sentry to the sun(as sentry was trying to do that to commit suicide but void didn't let him do I believe that isa very possible situation) @thenewbluebeetle007: Read and vote. Me participate that's funny I would get slaughtered ftl.

And I would love any linked to any previous cav,

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to bed. Bump for votes. Let's see what happens by the time I log back in tomorrow.........

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @speedster101:

so... after reading thoroughly.... i'd say it was an extremely good debate....

to tell you the truth.... for me... speedster101 was gaining the upperhand from the very beginning... because..

1) i did not find a way for SBP to actually beat death seed sentry.... the thing is, DSS being virtually immune to physical harms (damage could be done to him physically.. but speedster101 did very well to show that it doesn't harm him) made it close to impossible for SBP to do anything on him.... he blasting off his limbs or so is cool.. but DSS would regen from it easy (speedster showed this aswell)...

What happens if (like I stated previously) if SBP blasts his entire head (including brain) clean off? Depending on how fast it takes him to reconstitute, that's a win in my book.

the problem with that is... DSS is also very durable to begin with... and i haven't seen SBP do this thing to anyone... let alone someone of DSS level.

2) i find two viable ways for DSS to win here

1. i didn't see anyone using offensive telepathy on him.... talking in his head and all is good.. but that's not really offensive...... and character not using abilities doesn't mean the opponent is already immune to it... otherwise hulk would be immune to a plethora of abilities since thor never uses them on hulk.
  2. i did not really found solid proofs of him (SBP) being resistant to molecule manipulation.

but this solid upper hand, changed a bit after the last post (cosmicallyaware did very well in the last)... because i found a way for SBP to hinder DSS... and speedster did not refute the point any good.

it involves SBP's freeze breath... he can easily incapacitate DSS through freeze breath... shatter his body from ice... though DSS might regenerate.... but what if he keeps him like an ice statue?..... seeing as he can do that to a GL.... he can just keep using freeze breath again and again to make it a solid statue...

so after these thoughts.... i'd say.. even though cosmic pulled up a bit in the end.... i'd give this vote to speedster101 by a very thin 6/10 margin..... because i see more ways for his character to win .. but this is still a very thin line.. because by this debate, i can see SBP having a shot at winning.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By TheClassicIon

Both you guys did very well and I really enjoyed reading all the points, it was good as reading a comic itself ! lol but Cosmicallyaware showed very good points and arguments and especially showed Prime's better physicals, how SBP would win and so on which is why @cosmicallyaware1 gets my vote !

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#186  Edited By Lvenger

An easy vote for @cosmicallyaware1 here, he held the upper hand throughout the entire debate deconstructing his opponent's points, invalidating Speedster's arguments and utilised much better and more consistent evidence. A word of advice though Speedster, next time don't try and discredit the place of feats in a debate. If your opponent can prove his points with better and more established evidence than you can, don't say "oh feats aren't that important" in reply because that just discredits your argument and debating credibility. Still, I recall your Despero vs Brightest day debate not too long ago and you have come a long way from that debate, this was a much better job.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Thanks man!

@theclassicion: could you be a but more specific my friend? And thanks for the read!

@lvenger: (im not trying to sway your vote im merely responding) i think you mis understood. I didnt say "oh feats arent relevnat period". No i said certain feats werent valid and countered accourdingly. But i take your opinion and thank you for voting! Oh and would you mind being a little more specific? You said physicals, which was the least important thing here, what made that the most relevant iyo??

Thanks to all of you :)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm. Guess we need to tally up and see where we stand thus far.

And the bumping for more votes.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @Speedster: Good debating to the both of you.

@cosmicallyaware1: Great debating for SBP's behalf, and if it wasn't for DS Sentry's virtual unkillablility, and TP, I would give you the vote, but ultimately my vote goes to @Speedster: as he portrayed that DS Sentry is unkillable etc; while SBP can be eventually put down etc.

My vote goes very slightly to @Speedster: however good job @cosmicsllyaware1: I look forward to seeing you use him again etc...

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @Speedster: Good debating to the both of you.

@cosmicallyaware1: Great debating for SBP's behalf, and if it wasn't for DS Sentry's virtual unkillablility, and TP, I would give you the vote, but ultimately my vote goes to @Speedster: as he portrayed that DS Sentry is unkillable etc; while SBP can be eventually put down etc.

My vote goes very slightly to @Speedster: however good job @cosmicsllyaware1: I look forward to seeing you use him again etc...

I second this, but I'd like to add to more, I was rather impressed with Speedster's posts, but as always cos you are known for bringing the big hammer when it comes to counters, however I do want to note you did poke some holes in his debate, but the effort he did to prove how good sentry is with a person IMO less feats or well for that version, really showed that he could match SBP and well... Win ( from just this debate ), although I've voted for you before, I feel ashamed to say it but as King said I think Speedster has my vote Good job guys. ( btw still imo your best CaV was http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/team-cav-graviton-kang-vs-cyborg-superman-ronan-vo-1548957/, to this day that still brings a smile to my face XD )

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Kingant27

@killerwasp: That debate you stated was easily one of my favourite as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: Oh yeah, for sure man really just an excellent debate.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving it to Cosmically for his superior debating and great deconstruction of arguments.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911: @lvenger: much appreciated mates. cdiddy....what about that CaV? ;0

@killerwasp: @kingant27: thank you very much gentlemen for you votes and reasonings, greatly appreciated. It was a great debate and like I said, I enjoyed the opportunity to finally showcase SBP. And that CaV you mentioned? Yeah, that was a ton of fun and I have talked to @veshark about doing another!!

The tally thus far:

Speedster101: 4

Cosmicallyaware1: 6

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@: @cosmicallyaware1: I feel rejoiced thinking i fit into your callout list, it means something

Anyway, i think cosmicallyaware has this.

Don't get me wrong, unlike many here i love the sentry(and like a true fan i love him for his flaws even more than for his qualities), but cosmy's final post was just, perfect, from my consideration

Instead of lowballing the opposing character like so many tend to do recently, he dignified it, but still proofed that his would win.

Don't get me wrong, speedster101, has done a great job, i would have given him the win until the last post.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: The closing has uet again been my downfall xD. Eh oh well no regrets :)

Thanks for voting!

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers