PF Emma Frost vs Silver Surfer

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ximpossibrux

Just picked up the issue in AvX where Emma lays the smackdown on Thor (She's a dirty fighter). So who would win if she tangled with Silver Surfer?

vs

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Roddy010

I believe so...Emma showed great durability in taking hits from Thor and resurrecting into shards sharp enough to piece through his skin like butter...Also there is the little fact that Phoenix Force>Power Cosmic....So I say she may take it...

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Emma might have a chance here... be interesting fight though.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ximpossibrux

@TERMINATORXX said:

Emma might have a chance here... be interesting fight though.

Yea, I really want too see Galactus' heralds tangle with the Phoenix Five

Sparky_BW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparky_BW

@XImpossibruX said:

Yea, I really want too see Galactus' heralds tangle with the Phoenix Five

That would be a great battle! I hope they do that.

I think Emma could pull this one off in a good fight.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Emma.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thor's hammmer

The real phoenix can mess with Galactus. PF> power cosmic. Emma has 1/5th of the Phoenix. Silver Surfer might have 1/100th of the Power cosmic.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Thor's hammmer: Technically, Emma has half the PF now.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ximpossibrux

@god_spawn said:

@Thor's hammmer: Technically, Emma has half the PF now.

How come?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@XImpossibruX: Every time one of the phoenix 5 fell their portions of the force went to the remaining avys. Namor lost to Scarlet Witch, he lost his portion and it split to Cyclops, Emma, Magik and Colossus. Colossus and Magik WTFKO'd each other and they lost their portions. So since Emma and Scott are the last 2 left, they get half each.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Emma.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thor's hammmer

@god_spawn said:

@XImpossibruX: Every time one of the phoenix 5 fell their portions of the force went to the remaining avys. Namor lost to Scarlet Witch, he lost his portion and it split to Cyclops, Emma, Magik and Colossus. Colossus and Magik WTFKO'd each other and they lost their portions. So since Emma and Scott are the last 2 left, they get half each.

I really hoped we were just using the version with just a 5th for the battle for Norrin's sake.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BringnIt

I'll take Norrin.

Avatar image for lord_moldemvort
Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

surfer would murder her

he simply drains the force from her so she cant reform then rips her in half or something. its almost spite

Avatar image for pokemondefender
PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PokemonDefender

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

surfer would murder her

he simply drains the force from her so she cant reform then rips her in half or something. its almost spite

Yea drains the phoenix.... seems legit.

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@PokemonDefender: except shes not the phoenix and only possess 1/5 of it. surfer can easily drain that then create a black hole in her face

this is a mismatch

PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PokemonDefender

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

@PokemonDefender: except shes not the phoenix and only possess 1/5 of it. surfer can easily drain that then create a black hole in her face

this is a mismatch

You're not convincing anyone.

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@PokemonDefender: because your ignorant towards logic?

MasterM0r0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MasterM0r0n

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

Calm down brotha'

All he's trying to say is, Power Cosmic isn't powerful enough to defeat Phoenix Force.

I also believe him too.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IZZR
@Lord_Moldemvort said:

No i have to agree with the other guy people always think SS can take a win so they say he creates a black hole and its game over, plenty of people can escape black holes.
MasterM0r0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MasterM0r0n

@IZZR said:

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

No i have to agree with the other guy people always think SS can take a win so they say he creates a black hole and its game over, plenty of people can escape black holes.

True.

PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PokemonDefender

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

Ha, if you think cosmic power can trump the Phoenix force then you should probably go read a comic.

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@IZZR: except shes not one of those people and he has about, what? a million other things he could do to her?

emma has no feats to prove shes even worthy of being in surfers presence and her TP is useless here.

she dies horribly

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@MasterM0r0n: i wouldnt say that. proteus has proved to defeat the force, the xmen have, rogue has, an EMP has, hell an iron man bot handled her.

and she only has 1/5 of it. surfer is going to drain that then kill her instantly

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IZZR
@Lord_Moldemvort said:

@IZZR: except shes not one of those people and he has about, what? a million other things he could do to her?

emma has no feats to prove shes even worthy of being in surfers presence and her TP is useless here.

she dies horribly

I see youre new, the thing is that argument is quite cheap, even 1/5th of the Phoenix Force is more than enough to withstand a black hole especially if the likes of Loki can. To simply think you can say he creates a black hole in her face and shes dead is just cheap.
Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@IZZR: new? ive been in comics for months

prove she can withstand that. and surfer has about a million other things. first he drains her, then from there he can basically do anything he wants. one blast should do the trick

PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PokemonDefender

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

@IZZR: new? ive been in comics for months

prove she can withstand that. and surfer has about a million other things. first he drains her, then from there he can basically do anything he wants. one blast should do the trick

Yes that is why Galactus who had mass cosmic power had trouble with the full Phoenix.

And Surfer doesn't even have a percent of Galactus power, but Emma has a 1/5 of the Phoenix, Surfer dies horribly.

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@PokemonDefender: except she ISNT the phoenix force and only possess a 1/5 of it, while the force itself was handled by an EMP

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@PokemonDefender: oh you mean the time he was starving and didnt even want to fight? how impressive

that explains why he was erasing her from existence another time

so like i said, he drains her then kills her. simple as that

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dextersinister

@Thor's hammmer said:

The real phoenix can mess with Galactus. PF> power cosmic. Emma has 1/5th of the Phoenix. Silver Surfer might have 1/100th of the Power cosmic.

Simple maths really Surfer doesn't stand a chance, if he did they wouldn't have been very good event villains.

This fraction of the phoenix thing is a retcon, use to be a fraction was just as powerful as the full thing because it was a fraction of infinity. Guess they had to change it so they could tell a shit story.

PokemonDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PokemonDefender

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

@PokemonDefender: except she ISNT the phoenix force and only possess a 1/5 of it, while the force itself was handled by an EMP

Stop low-balling characters, that is an inaccurate way of debating. You want to low-ball? I'll show you lowballing.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IZZR
@PokemonDefender said:

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

Stop low-balling characters, that is an inaccurate way of debating. You want to low-ball? I'll show you lowballing.

LMAO!..
Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@PokemonDefender: 1. i wasnt low balling her. she DOES have consistent showings against weaker characters and nothing but crap in a text bubble to support that its possibly PIS

2. that was a noob version of surfer, but getting beat by a guy on par with the living tribunal ( loebforce rulk ) isnt a low feat

3. thor is a pretty damn powerful character. having a couple losses against him isnt much of a low feat either, especially when hes bloodlusted

4. surfer allowed him to do that, poor writing either way

the difference is surfer has tons of feats to prove himself. all phoenix has is hype

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chiq

Emma. Surfer had trouble with Thor and Worthy Attuma. All the p5 have stomped on Thor. Namor took on Thor w/ Rulk, Strange and the Avengers for back up .

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@chiq: that comic isnt a good source for anything. the writing was atrocious and thor was turned into a measuring stick for plot purposes

surfer could easily drain her then kill her. if you think about it, its a mismatch

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By whydama

Emma said that she did not want Red Hulk in Utopia because he beat SS with his own board. Shows how much of a threat they think SS is.

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

@PokemonDefender: 1. i wasnt low balling her. she DOES have consistent showings against weaker characters and nothing but crap in a text bubble to support that its possibly PIS

2. that was a noob version of surfer, but getting beat by a guy on par with the living tribunal ( loebforce rulk ) isnt a low feat

3. thor is a pretty damn powerful character. having a couple losses against him isnt much of a low feat either, especially when hes bloodlusted

4. surfer allowed him to do that, poor writing either way

the difference is surfer has tons of feats to prove himself. all phoenix has is hype

lol'ed at 2

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@whydama: its the truth. funny how that person tried to "low ball" surfer by using red hulk. if that idiot loeb wasnt on the brink of losing his job, he would have made him beat galactus

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By chiq

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

@chiq: that comic isnt a good source for anything. the writing was atrocious and thor was turned into a measuring stick for plot purposes

surfer could easily drain her then kill her. if you think about it, its a mismatch

So all the feats of the p5 are null and void due to bad writing?

The P5 have been clearly written to be above herald level since they have stomped on Gladiator,Thor, Rulk with ease. Namor tore Rulk's arm of with a flick of his wrist. Scott has block Thor's Hammer blows with a pinky and Namor no sold a blow to the back of a head from Thor. If you want to discount all the feats of the p5 due to the bad writing of avx, what feats would they actually have? They have only appeared in that event.

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@chiq: no, its because they completely ignored what thor is capable of doing and the fact that the actual force itself has proved nothing to guarantee people that possess a fraction of it to do what they did. for example, why didnt thor just drain the force from them? why didnt he use his god blast? his planet busting blows and magic attacks? soul steal? and hes also KOed the phoenix force twice in one hit. this crappy comic was just a way to trash thor and make the xmen look good. disregarding maybe 2 fairly decent fights, everything else was horribly written.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chiq

@Lord_Moldemvort: People seem to be forgetting the the P5 themselves have been holding back since they are trying to control the PF. Necrom with a sliver of the PF was tossing moons and planets, turning a planet into a sun, destroying solar systems when he battled Rachel. Colossus said he could just destroy the planet and the Avengers with ease if he really wanted to.

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@chiq: do you have any scans of that?

it can also be said that thor, besides being written bad, was also holding back a lot in that arc. hes destroyed planets with mjolnir before and has also re-direct the phoenixs own power against her and KOed her with it. im not convinced hes going to be humiliated like that against opponents with 1/5 of it when hes fared better against the force itself

but enough about thor. why do you think emma wins this? against a guy like surfer her telepathy is useless, and i dont know what else she has. surfer can drain the force from her, then 1 shot her. i see this being incredibly one sided

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Emma

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jayfournines

I'd give it to P5 Emma, Surfer tends to hold back most of the time...also, Surfer draining away the Phoenix force is a no no. Thor also has the ability to drain energy and it didn't fly so...why would it fly with the surfer?

Emma wins, she's a stone cold b!tch

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By termiteone4ever

LOL interesting :) i like reading some of these threads always fun :) . .. Now i would like to see and know how surfer going to drain PF lol and make a black hole to destroy it lol thats funny lol

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@BringnIt said:

I'll take Norrin.
Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By theTimeStreamer

SS

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sufferthorn

@IZZR said:

@PokemonDefender said:

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

LMAO!..

Don't you think the Black Panther strip might be a SLIGHT case of PIS?

Lord_Moldemvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lord_Moldemvort

@Jayfournines: i dont recall thor ever trying to drain her, so why wouldnt that possibly work?

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DocFatalis

I still boycott AvX. This series sucks and is doing more harm to the MU than anything else.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jayfournines

@Lord_Moldemvort said:

@Jayfournines: i dont recall thor ever trying to drain her, so why wouldnt that possibly work?

well, if I had an insta-weapon that could easily help me defeat my enemies...why wouldn't I use it? The only logical conclusions are

a) It wouldn't have worked against the Phoenix

or

b) Thor is a dumbass