#1 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help it. Someone stop me. 
#2 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

ask a mod to ban you

#3 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom would kill Petrelli  before he realized he got a new power.

#4 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Zoom would kill Petrelli  before he realized he got a new power."
Actually, I may have misspoken, if Peter's absorption is instant then wouldn't Zoom appear to be running at normal speed? Zoom's ability is passive right? Peter might not even realize that Zoom and himself were moving "fast" until he looked around and saw the relative movement of his surroundings. Now I know Zoom is more experienced in the use of his powers but Peter's other abilities should give him an edge. It's hard to say how it would work out.
#5 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter already has Time Manipulation.  Look at the interaction of Hiro and Daphine.  Hiro and Peter are both immune to each other's time manipulation . . .It might not work the same, but it is possible that Peter could be immune to Zoom's as well.

#6 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, after that episode with Daphne we know that Hiro (and there-for Peter) doesn't actually stop time but slows it down significantly relative to himself. However, Daphne (And there-for Hiro and Peter) is nowhere near as fast as Zoom and while Hiro and Peter have to concentrate to activate their powers, Zoom's power is passive. I think Peter's cancellation of time powers would only work on Zoom if he could slow down time to the same degree as Zoom but he can't. Instead I think this battle will depend on Peter's absorption of Zoom's power, if it's instant then Peter will be able to keep up with Zoom from the very beginning and his other powers will secure him the victory. If it's not, then Zoom will kill Peter before he can think but depending on how he would be killed Claire's regeneration power would bring him back to life and by then he will have absorbed Zoom's power. The only way I can see Zoom winning is if he knocks off Pete's head in the very beginning before Pete can absorb anything.

#7 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Yea, after that episode with Daphne we know that Hiro (and there-for Peter) doesn't actually stop time but slows it down significantly relative to himself. However, Daphne (And there-for Hiro and Peter) is nowhere near as fast as Zoom and while Hiro and Peter have to concentrate to activate their powers, Zoom's power is passive. I think Peter's cancellation of time powers would only work on Zoom if he could slow down time to the same degree as Zoom but he can't. Instead I think this battle will depend on Peter's absorption of Zoom's power, if it's instant then Peter will be able to keep up with Zoom from the very beginning and his other powers will secure him the victory. If it's not, then Zoom will kill Peter before he can think but depending on how he would be killed Claire's regeneration power would bring him back to life and by then he will have absorbed Zoom's power. The only way I can see Zoom winning is if he knocks off Pete's head in the very beginning before Pete can absorb anything."
We could use the future peter here and he could easily and possibly use new powers instantly. The only problem is, we know next to nothing about his powers except that he could switch minds of others and leave them in different body. And i'm pretty sure he knows many many powers seeing as he is from the future. Especially since he stopped time before the bullet even hit him. Now thats fast. However, if we were to present Peter, he would lose. 
#8 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Pete would win more often than not either way. None of the extra powers he got in the future have a bearing on this fight because we don't know what they are (besides the body switch) so I don't see much of a difference between a present or future Peter fight. I'll stick by my assessment for now.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Peter already has Time Manipulation.  Look at the interaction of Hiro and Daphine.  Hiro and Peter are both immune to each other's time manipulation . . .It might not work the same, but it is possible that Peter could be immune to Zoom's as well."
Ah Huh. Well Cowabunga then...
#10 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Tevnoba said:
"Peter already has Time Manipulation.  Look at the interaction of Hiro and Daphine.  Hiro and Peter are both immune to each other's time manipulation . . .It might not work the same, but it is possible that Peter could be immune to Zoom's as well."
Ah Huh. Well Cowabunga then..."
Du-de
#11 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"King Saturn said:
"Tevnoba said:
Ah Huh. Well Cowabunga then..."
Du-de"
LOL

starts to sing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song
#12 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind also, that the time immunity that Peter has exibitied does not require any form of concentration . . .Both time Hiro froze time around him (and he was not aware of Hiro's presence either time) Peter was still immune.  Peter's immunity is passive he did it on the Subway in Season 1 when future Hiro came back to tell him "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!"  and at the end of Season 2 at Primatech Paper.

Peter for the win, IMO.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
I can't help it. Someone stop me. 

i'll stop you...

no more Zoom threads, enough already...

M
#14 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Keep in mind also, that the time immunity that Peter has exibitied does not require any form of concentration . . .Both time Hiro froze time around him (and he was not aware of Hiro's presence either time) Peter was still immune.  Peter's immunity is passive he did it on the Subway in Season 1 when future Hiro came back to tell him "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!"  and at the end of Season 2 at Primatech Paper.

Peter for the win, IMO."

Eh.  According to season 3, Hiro doesn't stop time fully.

Peter got beat by the invisible man just fine.  Zooms like that but much more.
#15 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Tevnoba said:
"Keep in mind also, that the time immunity that Peter has exibitied does not require any form of concentration . . .Both time Hiro froze time around him (and he was not aware of Hiro's presence either time) Peter was still immune.  Peter's immunity is passive he did it on the Subway in Season 1 when future Hiro came back to tell him "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!"  and at the end of Season 2 at Primatech Paper.

Peter for the win, IMO."

Peter got beat by the invisible man just fine.  Zooms like that but much more."
He basically stopped the speedster in a frozen state. Don't know about you but that's something.
#16 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Tevnoba said:

Peter for the win, IMO."

Peter got beat by the invisible man just fine.  Zooms like that but much more."
Claude beat Peter while training.  Because at that time Peter could not consciously bring out his abilities they were only passive and subconscious.  Now if this fight were at that time or before then yes Zoom would win.  But I do not believe that is the intent of this thread.  Peter is in control of his abilities (although he does not yet know all of them) and I am sure he would kick the crap out of Zoom.  Especially when he takes on Zooms abilities too.