#1 Posted by thegreat4u (350 posts) - - Show Bio

round 1 
no prep for both character  
peter petrelli dosent have intiutive aptitude time maipulation and superspeed and cant absord magneto powers 
location city were there is limited metal 
no pis  
standard gear 
winner has to K.O 
morals off for both  

round two  
1 month prep for magento  
there is plenty of metal around  
peter petrelli has access to all his powers 
standard gear 
morals off for both 
winner has to kill the other  
no pis 
 both are at the peak

V

#2 Posted by Saren (25212 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto runs an EM current through Pete's brain, erasing all the held information. Peter is now a drooling vegetable. 

#3 Posted by i_bomb_atomically (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreat4u: why do you have exposed future peters pic up..is that whos being used?
#4 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:
Magneto runs an EM current through Pete's brain, erasing all the held information. Peter is now a drooling vegetable. 
He can do that?!
#5 Posted by i_bomb_atomically (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: lol no
#6 Posted by Saren (25212 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:
@CitizenBane said:
He can do that?!
Theoretically.

@i_bomb_atomically: lol yes
#7 Posted by i_bomb_atomically (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:
@RainEffect said:
@CitizenBane said:
He can do that?!
Theoretically.

one magneto cant do that 

two peters brain heals any damage done to his brain including memory lost...so once again.....no
#8 Posted by Saren (25212 posts) - - Show Bio
@i_bomb_atomically said:
@CitizenBane said:
@RainEffect said:
@CitizenBane said:
He can do that?!
Theoretically.

one magneto cant do that  two peters brain heals any damage done to his brain including memory lost...so once again.....no
If Magneto can give the Phoenix a planetary stroke, he can give Peter one little EM current. 

Operative word: damage. A memory wipe isn't damage, it's simply restructuring existing bits of information.
#9 Edited by i_bomb_atomically (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: magneto didnt give phoenix anything xorn did....also if you mention the fact that the phoenix..someone using  a power that consumes stars that emit electromagnetic radiation including pulses was killed in that way they'll chew you a knew butthole. never mind the fact that she died because she allowed herself to

and i quote 

" peters brain heals any damage done to his brain including memory lost...so once again"so you're repeating yourself why? never mind xorn nor magneto has done anything like that nor could they....the brain is not a computer you cant wipe a brains memory by using an emp pulse....like seriously ...really this needs to be explained?
#10 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto round 1.....
Peter round 2.

#11 Posted by Jake Fury (18061 posts) - - Show Bio

Any thread involving Petrelli or Sylar ends in a huge flame war.
#12 Posted by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto has performed brain surgery using his powers, so causing some sort of massive aneurism or otherwise wreaking havok on the dude's brain should be well within his abilities. I don't know anything about Petrelli though, so if his power really is to heal his brain from anything, then attacking his brain probably won't be the best course of action for Magneto. 

Of course, Magneto has lots of ways to kill people.

#13 Posted by JediXMan (29259 posts) - - Show Bio
@i_bomb_atomically said:
@CitizenBane said:
@RainEffect said:
@CitizenBane said:
He can do that?!
Theoretically.

one magneto cant do that
Yeah, he can. Erasing his memory is a bit far fetched, but he can shut down a person's brain by causing the electrical impulses to cease.
#14 Posted by i_bomb_atomically (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11: using an emp to erase someones memory and giving someone an aneurysm isnt even close to being the same thing....ones plausible the other is just stupid. Peter can heal from nuclear explosions pretty much instantly, can go nuke himself, can see the future two different ways, has powerful tk capable of ripping apart reinforced bank vaults with ease and toss armored trucks, can phase, become invisible, manipulate electricity and sound, the power to cancel out others powers, i could go on pretty much peter has more ways to kill magneto than magneto has to kill peter....and he can heal fromjust about anything magneto throws at him.
#15 Posted by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio
@i_bomb_atomically said:
@Freefa11: using an emp to erase someones memory and giving someone an aneurysm isnt even close to being the same thing....ones plausible the other is just stupid.
 Well, yeah, I wasn't going to defend the idea of him actually using an EMP on the brain, just pointing out that he can and has used his powers on people's brains before. Although apparently in Marvel there actually is some sort of precedent for EMPs affecting people's brains (I think Storm's done it once or twice). 

Of course, Storm's not a scientist, so we could just try to chock it up to her doing something, not actually understanding what it was, and mistakenly calling it an EMP.

Anyway...

Peter can heal from nuclear explosions pretty much instantly, can go nuke himself,  

This would probably make it difficult or impossible for Magneto to kill him. However, I will point out that Magneto's shields have withstood nukes, have withstood Thor's hammer, survived being in or near the center of the earth for some time (months, I think), and he can generate destructive energy comparable to a small nuke himself. He can also remove all the iron from someone's body, which causes some serious problems with the nervous system, has violently ripped people to shreds from the inside out, and has dispersed ice into its constituent hydrogen and oxygen elements, which he could presumably do to any water, including what people are made out of. 

can see the future two different ways,  

That is definitely something I've never seen Magneto do, and would be difficult if not impossible to counter. 

has powerful tk capable of ripping apart reinforced bank vaults with ease and toss armored trucks, 

Magneto can do the same with his power. He has also lifted (with apparent ease) Asteroid M, which was significantly larger than any building ever created and probably weighed in the millions of tons at least. Even after Rogue drained half his power he still kept it aloft. 

can phase, 

That could be useful, although I think Magneto has harmed Shadowcat while she was phased. 

become invisible,  

Magneto has done this as well, although I only know of one particular instance. 

manipulate electricity and sound,  

Magneto can certainly manipulate electricity. Sound, not so much. However, I would count being able to manipulate photons as more impressive anyway. 

the power to cancel out others powers, 

Magneto effectively did this when he froze the entire team of X-Men in their tracks and prevented them all from using their powers. It wasn't a true cancellation like what Leach or Wipeout could do, since automatic powers (like Wolverine's healing or Bishop's energy absorption) still worked, but he could block any powers that required deliberate action.

i could go on pretty much peter has more ways to kill magneto than magneto has to kill peter....and he can heal fromjust about anything magneto throws at him.

Maybe. I was just saying Magneto in general has a lot of ways to kill people. 

Just to put it out there, by far Magneto's most over the top feat is using his powers to grab a gigantic, 2 mile long solid metal bullet from several light years away and forcibly haul it back to earth in a matter of days. That's pretty outlandish though, even for him (at least they had him almost die in the process). He's also created planet-wide EMPs before (not that it would affect Petrelli, just saying it is an indication of the magnitude of his power). 

Magneto also has 15x normal human reflexes and genius level intellect. 

I'm not saying Magneto is unbeatable by any means, and Petrelli certainly sounds like a dangerous and highly resilient character, I'm just saying that Magneto at his peak is a beast and should not be underestimated, even by Thor level characters.
#16 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags stomps both

#17 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto.

#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio
@katanalauncher: @Erik
How does he win round 2?
#19 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
@katanalauncher: @Erik:  How does he win round 2?
Magneto is a genius. He has constructed various machines to fulfill his needs whenever the time called for it. I am sure he can figure out something. And if all else fails, he can just rip Peter to pieces. 
#20 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000:  

Magneto round 1..... 
Peter round 2.

this 

@Jake Fury:  

Any thread involving Petrelli or Sylar ends in a huge flame war.

and sadly this
#21 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: what peter is this?
#22 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik
Peter will have already absorbed Magneto's powers by the time the fight starts and he will know how to use them just as well as Magneto. He also has scores of other powers like time stopping. How can Magneto fight that?
#23 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Erik:  Peter will have already absorbed Magneto's powers by the time the fight starts and he will know how to use them just as well as Magneto. He also has scores of other powers like time stopping. How can Magneto fight that?
There is absolutely no evidence that he absorbs the Marvel mutant abilities. 
#24 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio
@theicon: if you mean why do i think he'll win, in round two it states both are at the strongest and Peter has all of his powers, he could easily stop time and defeat a frozen magneto, or go BACK in time and kill him when he was a kid (morals are off)
#25 Edited by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000: peter wouldnt know how to use a power  till he learns it .  He
s not sylar,and  heroes powers r not  mutant powers, heroes powers  are evolved human ability,brain based, mags  is mutated DNA like many marvel characters

' @Erik: agreed, Sylar himself said the power lies in the brain, and when he was  learning claires power  he himself said theres so much about the brain we dont understand...so peters not absorbing mutant DNA powers (also what peter petrelli is this in this match?
#26 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing to stop Magneto from creating some sort of chono-device protecting him from time-manipulating attacks. Absolutely nothing at all. Not that he would need to. Since when was going back in time and murdering the child version of his opponent been Peter's bag? Someone is getting Peter and Skynet mixed up. 

#27 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Erik:  Peter will have already absorbed Magneto's powers by the time the fight starts and he will know how to use them just as well as Magneto. He also has scores of other powers like time stopping. How can Magneto fight that?
There is absolutely no evidence that he absorbs the Marvel mutant abilities. 
There is no evidence that he can't either. Going by what youre saying......If I made a Rogue vs Superman thread people can argue that Rogue has no chance of absorbing Superman's powers because there is absolutely no evidence that she can absorb a Kryptonians power. Rogue's power is power absorption. Peter's power is power absorption. Until something comes out that specifically proves otherwise, it's much fairer to assume that a power absorber can absorb a power, regardless of the differing universes.
Besides that, Peter can already stop time on a whim.

@theicon
peter wouldnt know how to use a power  till he learns it
What? Obviously....
As for the rest, refer to above.
#28 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000:  
Does not matter. He has never shown that he can copy the abilities of anyone other than what he has shown. Does he walk next to a normal human who just happens to be a nuclear physicist and suddenly he knows all that man knew? No of course not. He is limited to his universe's supers. Rogue's power is different. She has shown on panel that her power is not limited to mutants dozens of times. 

I already addressed the time deal, as silly as that is anyway. He does not always use his time power. 
#29 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik:  

Nothing to stop Magneto from creating some sort of chono-device protecting him from time-manipulating attacks. Absolutely nothing at all. Not that he would need to. Since when was going back in time and murdering the child version of his opponent been Peter's bag? Someone is getting Peter and Skynet mixed up. 

and what kind of Chono device exactly will prevent this? has magneto ever been shown to build any kind of device similar to this, or anything else dealing with time before? Dr. Doom could do it, but certainly not Magneto, as the op states morals are off and they both are at full power, meaning Peter has full control over all his powers, time travel is the easiest and most practical way to beat Magneto other than just stopping time and breaking his neck
#30 Posted by Fluke-buddha (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1- Mags   Without time powers Peter cannot overcome Mags experience edge.

Round 2- Peter.  Mags can't do anything if he's frozen in time.

#31 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Erik:  

and what kind of Chono device exactly will prevent this? has magneto ever been shown to build any kind of device similar to this, or anything else dealing with time before? Dr. Doom could do it, but certainly not Magneto, as the op states morals are off and they both are at full power, meaning Peter has full control over all his powers, time travel is the easiest and most practical way to beat Magneto other than just stopping time and breaking his neck
Dammit man I'm a doctor not a physicist! How would I know? You will have to ask someone who specializes in such a field. Magneto has never fought a time-manipulator to my knowledge so the answer to that is obvious. However, he HAS shown to be an engineer in the same order of Marvel's greats, having done similar things in the past with his power and intellect. I see no reason at all to think it would be outside his ability with the numerous showings of comic book genius level engineering already.  

Ripping a human being to pieces is also an extremely easy way for Magneto to win. A way that he has already displayed at the onset of a fight. 
#32 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000: i explained   sylar understands how things work  he said the power lies in  the brain, peter and sylar adsorbs evolved human power, brain based not mutant DNA  hes not gonna do it  no matter what u said     heroes  season 3 episode 1   watch  it for your self!  mutant  powers are not the same as evolved brain based abilities  if thats the case   sylar and peter  would be absorbing every man, woman,child , animal, heighten   skills they come in close proximity to  even insects ! and bacteria  thats not the case
#33 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:
@buttersdaman000:  Does not matter. He has never shown that he can copy the abilities of anyone other than what he has shown. Does he walk next to a normal human who just happens to be a nuclear physicist and suddenly he knows all that man knew? No of course not. He is limited to his universe's supers. Rogue's power is different. She has shown on panel that her power is not limited to mutants dozens of times.  I already addressed the time deal, as silly as that is anyway. He does not always use his time power. 
I can say the same about Rogue. She hasnt copied the abilites of anyone other than what she has shown either........
No, because that isnt his power. His power is to absorb other abilities, not thoughts and memories like Rogue.
He is limited to his universe's supers. Rogue's power is different. She has shown on panel that her power is not limited to mutants dozens of times
So Rogue being able to absorb the power of metahumans and not just mutants proves what? You didnt address what I said before about Rogue vs Superman at all. Going by your logic there would be hardly any point to the battle forums. I can say Rogue cant absorb so-and-so's power because this person is from DC, there is no evidence and Rogue is limited to her universe.People could even take it further and say things like, "Since there is no evidence how do we know Thor's Lightning will fry Batman?? Has Batman ever been hit by Thor's Lightning??".......
Magneto has an ability. Peter absorbs ability.

How is it silly? Morals off, he has time powers....he uses them....
#34 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik:  

Dammit man I'm a doctor not a physicist! How would I know? You will have to ask someone who specializes in such a field. Magneto has never fought a time-manipulator to my knowledge so the answer to that is obvious. However, he HAS shown to be an engineer in the same order of Marvel's greats, having done similar things in the past with his power and intellect. I see no reason at all to think it would be outside his ability with the numerous showings of comic book genius level engineering already.  

Ripping a human being to pieces is also an extremely easy way for Magneto to win. A way that he has already displayed at the onset of a fight. 

you do know my obvious answer to this don't you >.> Peter goes back FURTHER in time before magneto builds his time thingamabob and THEN stops him :3 

but on a serious note, i really don't see mags winning round two, peter has so many abilities it'll be hard for magneto to handle, freezing time alone could do it, not to mention telekinesis, super speed, super strength, phasing, pyrokenisis , electrical manipulation, healing factor, radiation control, flight, and invisibility 
#35 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio
@theicon
Rogues mutant powers arent the same as Spider-Mans powers.
I guess she can't absorb his powers?
#36 Posted by kajitatsu (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 Peter turns invisible and phases at the same time, if he can and then pulls Magneto's brain out.
Round 2 Peter freezes time and rips Magneto's throat out. 

No way Mags is winning round 2 but he might have a chance in round 1. Peter doesn't need to copy Magneto at all.

#37 Edited by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000:  
Except she has shown that her power can effect every physical entity that she has encountered in the Marvel universe thus far. Peter has not. He has only been shown to effect others like him. The assumption is absurd actually since his powers have never been explained as you are trying to pass them off.  

It proves that it was a terrible example for you to use on your part. They are nothing alike.  

Rogue vs Superman is another debate..... One I think you would lose anyway. It is not necessarily based on universes, you misunderstand..... Intentionally if I am guessing right. Which is fine. If you insist on forced ignorance, I see no reason to debate you further. You used Rogue as having the same abilities as Peter. I already proved you wrong on that.  

He does not use them every time and I already addressed it. So you are either not reading my posts or.... Surprise, just being intentionally difficult. 
#38 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Erik:  

you do know my obvious answer to this don't you >.> Peter goes back FURTHER in time before magneto builds his time thingamabob and THEN stops him :3  but on a serious note, i really don't see mags winning round two, peter has so many abilities it'll be hard for magneto to handle, freezing time alone could do it, not to mention telekinesis, super speed, super strength, phasing, pyrokenisis , electrical manipulation, healing factor, radiation control, flight, and invisibility 
I can see him winning. He has fought groups of people with several of those power sets and cleaned house. In fact, he made his opponents look like rank amateurs. The only difference here is that he only has to put down one person instead of several. 
#39 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000: what u said  is real,     rogue  has absorbed even magical powers even tried with the juggernaut, now she could get  supes powers   because parasite can take his, but it wouldnt be permanent seeing how his powers always return if  fully stolen 

peter  just  cant absorb mutant powers  if you go by what  sylar said himself, as did noah bennet  about  evolved  human  abilties in the brain
#40 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't we all just forget Heroes ever happened? :(

Anyway...

Round 1- Mags
Round 2- Peter

#41 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000: never said rogue ,    rogue has shown it dosen't matter if ur animal, human, alien  ,magical  she can do it,  peters powers are stricken to  evolved humans from the heroes  universe  and those powers  lie within the brain..
#42 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:
@buttersdaman000:  
Except she has shown that her power can effect every physical entity that she has encountered in the Marvel universe thus far. Peter has not. He has only been shown to effect others like him. The assumption is absurd actually since his powers have never been explained as you are trying to pass them off. 

It proves that it was a terrible example for you to use on your part. They are nothing alike.   

Rogue vs Superman is another debate..... One I think you would lose anyway. It is not necessarily based on universes, you misunderstand..... Intentionally if I am guessing right. Which is fine. If you insist on forced ignorance, I see no reason to debate you further. You used Rogue as having the same abilities as Peter. I already proved you wrong on that.   

He does not use them every time and I already addressed it. So you are either not reading my posts or.... Surprise, just being intentionally difficult. 
Because the only powered being in his universe are others like him. How am I trying to pass off his powers?
When did I say they were alike. I was using rogue as an example for cross universe battles. Their powers dont work exactly alike but she was a good enough example to make my point.
Why? Do you know who I would support in that fight? Please, explain what I intentionally am misunderstanding. 
When did you prove me wrong? I never said they have the same abilities exactly. I generalized it to power absorption, which they both have. I know the differences between them though. 

But he has the power. Just because he doesnt use it all the time doesnt mean he cant in this battle............
#43 Posted by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, both rounds.
#44 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000:  
You grossly exaggerate his abilities by trying to pass them off as similar to Rogue. They are nothing alike. He has only been shown to absorb powers of others like him. Rogue does not. She absorbs memories, personality, knowledge, ability AND powers. She takes in everything that the person is at the time of contact. So no, they are nothing alike at all.  

Rogue's power is power absorption. Peter's power is power absorption. Until something comes out that specifically proves otherwise, it's much fairer to assume that a power absorber can absorb a power, regardless of the differing universes. 

There you go. The implication is clear. You use Rogue as an example because it is the foundation of your argument. 

Their powers work nothing alike. She is a terrible example. 

I do not care who you would support in a Rogue vs Superman fight. That is not what I meant. Your argument was on whether or not she could effect him based on my retort. Your reply showed me that you misunderstood because the example has no place here.  

I proved you wrong when I proved that Peter and Rogue are nothing alike in any way, least of all in power. Your generalization shows me you do not know the differences in their abilities.  

He has A power. Just because he has it does not mean he will use it in a battle forums either. Especially when it is not one he regularly uses. Namor has an electric attack. No one really tries to state that he will use it in a morals off battle. Morals off does not mean the character suddenly is devoid of CIS. 
#45 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:
@buttersdaman000:  
You grossly exaggerate his abilities by trying to pass them off as similar to Rogue. They are nothing alike. He has only been shown to absorb powers of others like him. Rogue does not. She absorbs memories, personality, knowledge, ability AND powers. She takes in everything that the person is at the time of contact. So no, they are nothing alike at all.  

Rogue's power is power absorption. Peter's power is power absorption. Until something comes out that specifically proves otherwise, it's much fairer to assume that a power absorber can absorb a power, regardless of the differing universes. 

There you go. The implication is clear. You use Rogue as an example because it is the foundation of your argument.  Their powers work nothing alike. She is a terrible example.  I do not care who you would support in a Rogue vs Superman fight. That is not what I meant. Your argument was on whether or not she could effect him based on my retort. Your reply showed me that you misunderstood because the example has no place here.   I proved you wrong when I proved that Peter and Rogue are nothing alike in any way, least of all in power. Your generalization shows me you do not know the differences in their abilities.   He has A power. Just because he has it does not mean he will use it in a battle forums either. Especially when it is not one he regularly uses. Namor has an electric attack. No one really tries to state that he will use it in a morals off battle. Morals off does not mean the character suddenly is devoid of CIS. 
But then I also said this:
No, because that isnt his power. His power is to absorb other abilities, not thoughts and memories like Rogue. 
So I clearly wasnt trying to pass of his abilites to be exactly like Rogue's. I only compared the power absorption aspects.

How does the example have no base here. It was just a general example. You said "peter can't absorb magneto's powers because there is no proof that he can and he is limited to his own universes powers. I responded with the Rogue and Superman example. I meant for you to see that nobody would dispute that Rogue's powers would effect:
A. Somebody from a different universe
B. A person/species that she has never before affected. 

You didnt prove me wrong at all. I know what their powers are.

Fair enough. However he still has the capability, therefore its still plausible for him to use. And I was never arguing that he would just outright stop time.
#46 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000: everything true except the peter part, hes striken to evolved humans
#47 Edited by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2 seem a bit over kill in Magneto's favor. 

Here's what he can do in 24 hours. Moving a planet destroying bullet that is light years away, and it's been traveling faster than light for month, in his "weakened state". You can read all about it in Uncanny X-Men #521

#48 Posted by Erik (31417 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Erik said:
@buttersdaman000:  

There you go. The implication is clear. You use Rogue as an example because it is the foundation of your argument.  Their powers work nothing alike. She is a terrible example.  I do not care who you would support in a Rogue vs Superman fight. That is not what I meant. Your argument was on whether or not she could effect him based on my retort. Your reply showed me that you misunderstood because the example has no place here.   I proved you wrong when I proved that Peter and Rogue are nothing alike in any way, least of all in power. Your generalization shows me you do not know the differences in their abilities.   He has A power. Just because he has it does not mean he will use it in a battle forums either. Especially when it is not one he regularly uses. Namor has an electric attack. No one really tries to state that he will use it in a morals off battle. Morals off does not mean the character suddenly is devoid of CIS. 
But then I also said this:
No, because that isnt his power. His power is to absorb other abilities, not thoughts and memories like Rogue.  So I clearly wasnt trying to pass of his abilites to be exactly like Rogue's. I only compared the power absorption aspects.  How does the example have no base here. It was just a general example. You said "peter can't absorb magneto's powers because there is no proof that he can and he is limited to his own universes powers. I responded with the Rogue and Superman example. I meant for you to see that nobody would dispute that Rogue's powers would effect: A. Somebody from a different universe B. A person/species that she has never before affected.   You didnt prove me wrong at all. I know what their powers are.  Fair enough. However he still has the capability, therefore its still plausible for him to use. And I was never arguing that he would just outright stop time.
Th example has no base here because Rogue has proven her power is not limited to a type, Peter has not. You just really really hope he can do something he has never shown the ability to do, even in his own universe. He can only copy those like him until proven otherwise. If Rogue never showed the ability to absorb anyone's power except for mutants, we would say the very same thing for her. Peter is no exception.
#49 Posted by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Again, Petrelli looks impressive, but at the same time, you need to step back and look at what Magneto has done over the years. We are talking about a guy who has fought and beaten entire teams of X-Men, as well as held his own against the Avengers. Pretty much all the powers you listed are things that he has gone up against before, often at the same time. Most of those powers he actually has himself, to one degree or another. Plus, in having the powers divided amongst a whole team, that means that the attacks are actually coming from multiple different locations, rather than all of them coming from the same source, which should actually make them harder to deal with. 

Let's just look at the X-Men. Taking on a team of X-Men would often involve going up against; super strength, super speed, super endurance, super agility, flight, power absorption, telekinesis, telepathy, energy projection, energy absorption, sonic powers, magnetic powers, lightning control, weather control, ice/cold control, and phasing. That's just off the top of my head. 

Magneto has been involved in battles with all kinds of super powered beings, including mutants, super tech, aliens, magical beings, gods, and cosmic beings. He has fought guys who can actually alter reality at will (Proteus) and has encountered the Stranger and Galactus. No, he didn't win, but the point here is that his breadth of experience with different levels of the food chain seems to dwarf what Petrelli has, and he has a sufficiently diverse power set to put that experience to good use. 

No, I do not know how Magneto would deal with time travel in round 2. He might be able to whip up something in a month, but even by comic logic, that's not very long to build something completely outside your own realm of experience. If he's built a time manipulation device before, then maybe I could see it, but I don't think he has. 

On the other hand, time travel powers tend to be used inconsistently and are more plot devices than proper, consistent, sensible powers. I mean, look at Dr. Doom. He's built time machines on more than one occasion. And yet, despite having a nearly unbeatable power, he still apparently can't deal with the Fantastic Four. Why? Because, really, he only has that power when the writer's decide they want a time travel story. Otherwise, they would have to just announce one issue, "Hey faithful readers. Sorry, but it turns out the Fantastic Four never existed, so we'll be writing about the adventures of Dr. Doom now." 

Anyway, I don't know how the Heroes' time travel rules work, so that's all I'll say on that. Though I will point out that technically, if he goes back in time to kill Magneto as a baby, he still isn't beating Magneto in a fight, he's just changing the fight from "Magneto vs. Petrelli" to "Helpless infant vs. Petrelli." 

@buttersdaman000: I get what you're saying, but I actually agree with Erik. Rogue's powers have proven effective against normal humans, aliens, and even magical beings. Since the latter two involve genetics and power sources that are about as far removed from "mutated human being" as you can possibly get, I'd say she has pretty well proven her versatility in being able to affect just about anything with flesh that isn't a full blown cosmic being or god. If Petrelli hasn't demonstrated any ability to "drain" from normal humans or animals, then that already shows his power is subject to more limits than Rogue's. 

Also, Rogue isn't the only power absorber/blocker in Marvel. If we were talking Leach or Wipeout, then I would say, no, based on what I've seen of them, I do not believe they can affect anyone besides other mutants. 

And to repeat the point, Magneto was shown to be capable of blocking the voluntary powers of all the X-Men by affecting their brains.
#50 Posted by Saren (25212 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11: Well said. Although I'd like to point out that in Necrosha, Magneto fought Proteus and defeated him.