• 68 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Pfcoolio15 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

The rules are simple. Peter and Sylar have all the abilities that they mimicked or replicated in the show. Peter can use any power that he's been exposed to. However, he can't mimick Superman. But Sylar can use ineptive aptitude to see how Superman works.

Peter

  • Flight
  • Precognition
  • Space-time manipulation
  • Rapid cell regeneration
  • Telepathy
  • Invisibility
  • Telekinesis
  • Induced radioactivity
  • Enhanced strength
  • Phasing
  • Electric manipulation
  • Pyrokinesis
  • Intuitive aptitude
  • Super speed
  • Persuasion
  • Freezing
  • Shattering
  • Mental manipulation
  • Enhanced hearing
  • Melting
  • Clairvoyance
  • Technopathy
  • Alchemy
  • Sound manipulation
  • Clairsentience
  • Shape shifting
  • Enhanced synesthesia
  • Healing touch
  • Mental manipulation
  • Precognitive dreaming
  • Terrakinesis
  • Sylar

  • Telekinesis
  • Shattering
  • Freezing
  • Melting
  • Enhanced hearing
  • Precognition
  • Induced radioactivity
  • Rapid cellular regeneration
  • Alchemy
  • Clairsentience
  • Sound manipulation
  • Electric manipulation
  • Lie detection
  • Imprinting
  • Shape shifting
  • Disintegration
  • Flight
  • Empathy
  • Ando won't be participating in the battle as he would probably be the firs one killed. He is only here for the purpose of using his power to enhance the abilities of Peter and Sylar. However he can be harmed. And he also has to be within a 500 Yard proximity to be able to use his ability. If push comes to shove then he'll come into the battle, but honestly, I don't see what he can do.

    If I'm missing any abilities for either Peter or Sylar, don't be afraid to tell me. I'll add them to the list. No Bfr.

    Superman

    Pre flash point superman. Aside from that, I don't see what I have to explain. This is your standard heat vision superman.

    The scenario:

    Peter and Sylar have recently discovered a person with uncontrolled induced radioactivity powers in the area. They believe that if unkempt, he might destroy Smallville and two surrounding cities. Though the blow won't be as powerful as Peter's radioactivity being able to destroy New York. They decide to go and contain him and teach him how to use his powers. Superman finds them and believes them to be working with Lex Luthor and trying to abduct for superhuman experimentation. A fight ensues.

    Win via death

    No Bfr

    Can they defeat the man of steel

    #2 Edited by Pfcoolio15 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Pfcoolio15

    : God it's hard to post pictures

    #3 Posted by bassistbaris (76 posts) - - Show Bio

    Superman knocks them out before they realize the fight started

    #4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

    Supes wouldn't speed blitz so he loses. He can't counter time manipulation. I'm not biased as I love heroes but pre flashpoint superman is my favorite superhero.

    #5 Posted by Pfcoolio15 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

    Bump

    #6 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    Peter freezes time, and and body swaps Ando into Superman (he met his future self, thus he would have the power). Flawless victory. /end fanboy

    That aside, the team could pull off the win, though it would take Time Manipulation off the bat to do it.

    #7 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

    Win condition is death.

    So no, they can't win.

    And if the win condition is death, is this morals off Superman? Otherwise I don't really see him killing both of them with morals on.

    #8 Posted by Scorpion911 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

    Superman solos.

    #9 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

    Petrelli is an idiot. He is reactive not pro-active. Sylar is an evil, calculating murderer (before they starting flip flopping) so could potentially figure out a way to beat Superman. He could play dead, wait for Superman to deal with Petrelli and when his back is turned attack but bear in mind Sylar does not have super strength so if and when Superman gets his hands on him he's toast as it seems you're not allowing him to steal Superman's powers.

    #10 Posted by X_insignia1 (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

    Superman.

    #11 Edited by Masone (68 posts) - - Show Bio

    @xeon1cs said:

    Win condition is death.

    So no, they can't win.

    And if the win condition is death, is this morals off Superman? Otherwise I don't really see him killing both of them with morals on.

    Peter can kill Supes in quite a few different ways. He can body insert him into someone else and just kill him when he's in that powerless body. He can phase his brain out of his head. He can turn him into gold. He can use telepathy to force him to kill himself.

    Supes can't do anything to Peter. Peter is FTL and can stop time. He also has a body that cannot be destroyed with his Tracy Strauss freezing power. Intangibility, Freezing and Regeneration will prevent Peter from being harmed by any of Supes' physical attacks.

    #12 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

    If Superman is willing to kill...this battle is over before it even begins.

    #13 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

    peter is a time manipulator supes will not even react before dying

    #14 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

    @thanosii said:

    peter is a time manipulator supes will not even react before dying

    Clark can move faster than Peter can think. If Clark is in it for the kill...All three will be dead before they can think of defending themselves.

    #15 Posted by gingerpenny (947 posts) - - Show Bio

    Sylar and Peter wreck Superman's sh**

    #16 Posted by Masone (68 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Shawnbaby said:

    @thanosii said:

    peter is a time manipulator supes will not even react before dying

    Clark can move faster than Peter can think. If Clark is in it for the kill...All three will be dead before they can think of defending themselves.

    Nope. Peter is FTL with ridiculous reaction speed. And what is Clark going to do to him anyways? The only way to kill him is to disconnect his head from body, except with Tracy's power that's not even possible. AND he can go intangible. Supes is toast against Peter. Too many damn powers.

    #17 Posted by argusx (94 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Masone:

    When did Peter show FTL speed? isnt he hypersonic at best. And i thought he could only slow down time to a point the world looked frozen.

    #18 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Masone said:

    @Shawnbaby said:

    @thanosii said:

    peter is a time manipulator supes will not even react before dying

    Clark can move faster than Peter can think. If Clark is in it for the kill...All three will be dead before they can think of defending themselves.

    Nope. Peter is FTL with ridiculous reaction speed. And what is Clark going to do to him anyways? The only way to kill him is to disconnect his head from body, except with Tracy's power that's not even possible. AND he can go intangible. Supes is toast against Peter. Too many damn powers.

    Peter is not FTL. His reaction speed is nothing close to what Superman has shown. If you're going to make claims like that you better be able to back it up with some proof.

    #19 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Masone said:

    @Shawnbaby said:

    @thanosii said:

    peter is a time manipulator supes will not even react before dying

    Clark can move faster than Peter can think. If Clark is in it for the kill...All three will be dead before they can think of defending themselves.

    Nope. Peter is FTL with ridiculous reaction speed. And what is Clark going to do to him anyways? The only way to kill him is to disconnect his head from body, except with Tracy's power that's not even possible. AND he can go intangible. Supes is toast against Peter. Too many damn powers.

    Peter has never shown to be FTL.

    And since the win condition is death, I'm assuming this is morals off Superman.

    So Peter and Sylar get their heads punched off and atomized by heat vision before their synapses even fire.

    #20 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    #21 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    Superman doesn't tend to kill either...but since this is a battle to the death...obviously he's willing to make an exception.

    And yeah...punching Sylar's head off will kill him...it doesn't matter where the "sweet spot" is if his head is no longer attached to the rest of his body. That's assuming Clark doesn't instantly Atomize both of them with his heat vision. They can't regenerate if you destroy the brain completely.

    #22 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    As far as I know, no one in Heroes has ever truly stopped time. As evidenced by Daphne still being able to run around after Hiro did it.

    Superman is significantly faster than Daphne, as well as Peter and Sylars ability to think.

    #23 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Shawnbaby said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    Superman doesn't tend to kill either...but since this is a battle to the death...obviously he's willing to make an exception.

    And yeah...punching Sylar's head off will kill him...it doesn't matter where the "sweet spot" is if his head is no longer attached to the rest of his body. That's assuming Clark doesn't instantly Atomize both of them with his heat vision. They can't regenerate if you destroy the brain completely.

    Yet somehow they can survive Nuclear Blasts. But good point, Bloodlusted Superman takes them out.

    #24 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    As far as I know, no one in Heroes has ever truly stopped time. As evidenced by Daphne still being able to run around after Hiro did it.

    Superman is significantly faster than Daphne, as well as Peter and Sylars ability to think.

    Umm, then what would you call the Time stops in S2 finale when Hiro teleports in, leaving everyone but Peter frozen in time? Peter is stated to be near immune to powers he copies, and Daphne as a speedster seems to be the only one in universe to truly avoid being frozen in time. And even then, she was frozen till Hiro got close to her, so...

    #25 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    As far as I know, no one in Heroes has ever truly stopped time. As evidenced by Daphne still being able to run around after Hiro did it.

    Superman is significantly faster than Daphne, as well as Peter and Sylars ability to think.

    Umm, then what would you call the Time stops in S2 finale when Hiro teleports in, leaving everyone but Peter frozen in time? Peter is stated to be near immune to powers he copies, and Daphne as a speedster seems to be the only one in universe to truly avoid being frozen in time. And even then, she was frozen till Hiro got close to her, so...

    None of those people were speedsters, so I don't see how that's relevant.

    And I also don't see how Hiro getting close to Daphne mattered. She could clearly move even after he "stopped" time.

    Point still remains Superman is significantly faster than anyone to ever appear in the Heroes Universe, and we know from Daphne that speedsters aren't truly stopped when Hiro freezes time.

    #26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

    @The_Imperator said:

    @Shawnbaby said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    Superman doesn't tend to kill either...but since this is a battle to the death...obviously he's willing to make an exception.

    And yeah...punching Sylar's head off will kill him...it doesn't matter where the "sweet spot" is if his head is no longer attached to the rest of his body. That's assuming Clark doesn't instantly Atomize both of them with his heat vision. They can't regenerate if you destroy the brain completely.

    Yet somehow they can survive Nuclear Blasts. But good point, Bloodlusted Superman takes them out.

    The blasts they survived radiated outwards from them and their bodies were never physically destroyed. Given the fact that a simple stick to the back of the head is enough to "kill" them, severing the head entirely or reducing them to ash should be just as effective.

    Also, there is a difference between "willing to kill" and "Bloodlusted"

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    As far as I know, no one in Heroes has ever truly stopped time. As evidenced by Daphne still being able to run around after Hiro did it.

    Superman is significantly faster than Daphne, as well as Peter and Sylars ability to think.

    Umm, then what would you call the Time stops in S2 finale when Hiro teleports in, leaving everyone but Peter frozen in time? Peter is stated to be near immune to powers he copies, and Daphne as a speedster seems to be the only one in universe to truly avoid being frozen in time. And even then, she was frozen till Hiro got close to her, so...

    so....Daphne was still able to overcome Hiro's "stopped time"...which is evidence that he actually doesn't stop time...just slows it to a point where it appears frozen to the casual observer. As stated....Clark can move at speeds much faster than Daphne so it is reasonable assumption that any protection from being "frozen" she had as a Speedster would also be provided him to at least the same extent.

    #27 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    Good point on the Speedster thing. Yeah, Superman takes them out.

    #28 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

    speed is irrelevent here tracys power ws such that she cant be destroyedsince peter has that power even ripping his head of wont make a defference. yet bloodlusted peter can go bek in time and kill supes right of the bat

    #29 Posted by afueikawa (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Masone said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    Win condition is death.

    So no, they can't win.

    And if the win condition is death, is this morals off Superman? Otherwise I don't really see him killing both of them with morals on.

    Peter can kill Supes in quite a few different ways. He can body insert him into someone else and just kill him when he's in that powerless body. He can phase his brain out of his head. He can turn him into gold. He can use telepathy to force him to kill himself.

    Supes can't do anything to Peter. Peter is FTL and can stop time. He also has a body that cannot be destroyed with his Tracy Strauss freezing power. Intangibility, Freezing and Regeneration will prevent Peter from being harmed by any of Supes' physical attacks.

    He can't use those powers at the same time, right? i.e Go intangible then mind rape someone.

    Anyways, time stop or mind rape would do the trick, but if morals were off, Heroes team gets whacked.

    #30 Posted by Masone (68 posts) - - Show Bio

    @xeon1cs said:

    @Masone said:

    @Shawnbaby said:

    @thanosii said:

    peter is a time manipulator supes will not even react before dying

    Clark can move faster than Peter can think. If Clark is in it for the kill...All three will be dead before they can think of defending themselves.

    Nope. Peter is FTL with ridiculous reaction speed. And what is Clark going to do to him anyways? The only way to kill him is to disconnect his head from body, except with Tracy's power that's not even possible. AND he can go intangible. Supes is toast against Peter. Too many damn powers.

    Peter has never shown to be FTL.

    And since the win condition is death, I'm assuming this is morals off Superman.

    So Peter and Sylar get their heads punched off and atomized by heat vision before their synapses even fire.

    Ando is in the battle which means Peter's power is supercharged. Supercharged Super Speed in Heroes = FTL. When Ando supercharged Daphne, she ran so fast that she was able to travel backward and forward through time. Peter has all of his powers which means he has the supercharging ability. Not only can Ando supercharge him, but he can supercharge himself.

    Chopping off Peter's head does nothing when he has Tracy's power. It will just regenerate. He can also be intangible so Superman's physical attacks do nothing to Peter.

    #31 Posted by Masone (68 posts) - - Show Bio

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    As far as I know, no one in Heroes has ever truly stopped time. As evidenced by Daphne still being able to run around after Hiro did it.

    Superman is significantly faster than Daphne, as well as Peter and Sylars ability to think.

    Umm, then what would you call the Time stops in S2 finale when Hiro teleports in, leaving everyone but Peter frozen in time? Peter is stated to be near immune to powers he copies, and Daphne as a speedster seems to be the only one in universe to truly avoid being frozen in time. And even then, she was frozen till Hiro got close to her, so...

    None of those people were speedsters, so I don't see how that's relevant.

    And I also don't see how Hiro getting close to Daphne mattered. She could clearly move even after he "stopped" time.

    Point still remains Superman is significantly faster than anyone to ever appear in the Heroes Universe, and we know from Daphne that speedsters aren't truly stopped when Hiro freezes time.

    When time is stopped in Heroes, the entire world is stopped. Daphne could move through Hiro's time stop only because she was already in her speedster motion when he stopped time, even then she could only move at normal people levels during the time stop. She can't move in his time stop when she's not already running, and when she can move during his time stop, she can't go fast.

    Supes being a speedster himself is not really that relevant when talking about time stopping. If Peter stopped time with Superman already moving, that would completely negate Superman's speed entirely. He wouldn't be frozen but he wouldn't be able to super speed. Peter being immune to the time stop means that HE can super speed during the time stop. So not only has he just completely negated Superman's speed, he also now has that ridiculous speed advantage.

    And that's just assuming Supes is already moving during the time stop. If he's not then he's frozen just like everyone else.

    #32 Edited by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

    @Masone said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    As far as I know, no one in Heroes has ever truly stopped time. As evidenced by Daphne still being able to run around after Hiro did it.

    Superman is significantly faster than Daphne, as well as Peter and Sylars ability to think.

    Umm, then what would you call the Time stops in S2 finale when Hiro teleports in, leaving everyone but Peter frozen in time? Peter is stated to be near immune to powers he copies, and Daphne as a speedster seems to be the only one in universe to truly avoid being frozen in time. And even then, she was frozen till Hiro got close to her, so...

    None of those people were speedsters, so I don't see how that's relevant.

    And I also don't see how Hiro getting close to Daphne mattered. She could clearly move even after he "stopped" time.

    Point still remains Superman is significantly faster than anyone to ever appear in the Heroes Universe, and we know from Daphne that speedsters aren't truly stopped when Hiro freezes time.

    When time is stopped in Heroes, the entire world is stopped. Daphne could move through Hiro's time stop only because she was already in her speedster motion when he stopped time, even then she could only move at normal people levels during the time stop. She can't move in his time stop when she's not already running, and when she can move during his time stop, she can't go fast.

    Supes being a speedster himself is not really that relevant when talking about time stopping. If Peter stopped time with Superman already moving, that would completely negate Superman's speed entirely. He wouldn't be frozen but he wouldn't be able to super speed. Peter being immune to the time stop means that HE can super speed during the time stop. So not only has he just completely negated Superman's speed, he also now has that ridiculous speed advantage.

    And that's just assuming Supes is already moving during the time stop. If he's not then he's frozen just like everyone else.

    Except Superman is vastly faster than Daphne.

    And there's still nothing to suggest they can do anything before he blitzes them, which he is more than capable of doing.

    And as far as I remember, when Ando supercharged Daphne, she wasn't operated at light speed and running around, she was simply able to time travel. There's zero evidence that Peter or anyone in Heroes for that matter would be able to function while traveling at lightspeed, because unlike DC, in Heroes, when they go FTL, they time travel.

    #33 Edited by Masone (68 posts) - - Show Bio

    @xeon1cs said:

    @Masone said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    As far as I know, no one in Heroes has ever truly stopped time. As evidenced by Daphne still being able to run around after Hiro did it.

    Superman is significantly faster than Daphne, as well as Peter and Sylars ability to think.

    Umm, then what would you call the Time stops in S2 finale when Hiro teleports in, leaving everyone but Peter frozen in time? Peter is stated to be near immune to powers he copies, and Daphne as a speedster seems to be the only one in universe to truly avoid being frozen in time. And even then, she was frozen till Hiro got close to her, so...

    None of those people were speedsters, so I don't see how that's relevant.

    And I also don't see how Hiro getting close to Daphne mattered. She could clearly move even after he "stopped" time.

    Point still remains Superman is significantly faster than anyone to ever appear in the Heroes Universe, and we know from Daphne that speedsters aren't truly stopped when Hiro freezes time.

    When time is stopped in Heroes, the entire world is stopped. Daphne could move through Hiro's time stop only because she was already in her speedster motion when he stopped time, even then she could only move at normal people levels during the time stop. She can't move in his time stop when she's not already running, and when she can move during his time stop, she can't go fast.

    Supes being a speedster himself is not really that relevant when talking about time stopping. If Peter stopped time with Superman already moving, that would completely negate Superman's speed entirely. He wouldn't be frozen but he wouldn't be able to super speed. Peter being immune to the time stop means that HE can super speed during the time stop. So not only has he just completely negated Superman's speed, he also now has that ridiculous speed advantage.

    And that's just assuming Supes is already moving during the time stop. If he's not then he's frozen just like everyone else.

    Except Superman is vastly faster than Daphne.

    And there's still nothing to suggest they can do anything before he blitzes them, which he is more than capable of doing.

    And as far as I remember, when Ando supercharged Daphne, she wasn't operated at light speed and running around, she was simply able to time travel. There's zero evidence that Peter or anyone in Heroes for that matter would be able to function while traveling at lightspeed, because unlike DC, in Heroes, when they go FTL, they time travel.

    Actually it was established that Daphne was running at FTL speeds when Ando supercharged her, that's WHY she was able to go back in time. Her ability is super speed, once he supercharged her she was able to operate at FTL speeds and traveled backward and forward in time. She started at Isaac's loft and then traveled back in time and ended up at the Deveaux building. So she traveled back in time starting at Isaac's loft and appeared at that location 16 years in the past and then ran to the Deveaux building and grabbed Hiro, all while operating at FTL speeds. When she grabbed Hiro in the past, she was clearly being supercharged and running at FTL.

    How is it relevant that Supes is faster than Daphne? He's not going to be able to move fast during Peter's time stop either way. And is Supes faster than a supercharged speedster? How long does it take for him to go FTL? Doesn't he need to build up speed? Daphne was able to do it instantly.

    What is he going to do when he blitzes them? Peter's body can't be destroyed. He's not getting blitzed anyway.

    #34 Posted by IaMSyLaR (1 posts) - - Show Bio

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    Superman doesn't tend to kill either...but since this is a battle to the death...obviously he's willing to make an exception.

    And yeah...punching Sylar's head off will kill him...it doesn't matter where the "sweet spot" is if his head is no longer attached to the rest of his body. That's assuming Clark doesn't instantly Atomize both of them with his heat vision. They can't regenerate if you destroy the brain completely.

    I will solve this permanently. At the beginning it was mentioned that peter cant get superman's powers but sylar can use his power to understand how superman's abilities work and so he can get those abilities like he does in all of heroes. So now superman cant kill sylar because he has all of superman's abilities as well as all of those he previously took. So superman can still kill peter but wait no peter went into the future and took sylar's abilitiy so he can also understand how superman's powers work and get them to. So now they both have supermans powers and all their own powers. Now they overpower superman but he is still pretty invunerable so peter as someone mentioned body swaps ando into superman and superman into ando. Now superman is in ando's body and is up against 3 people with supermans abilites Ando,Sylar,Peter - not to mention the last 2 have their own powers from before aswell so they kill superman in andos body- dont think ando will mine with his new powers. the end.

    note-- i respect superman but there are so many ways this ends badly for him

    another less complicated example------>

    peter use parkman abilities to find out supermans weakness, ando freezes time gets the kryptonite by teleporting and then sylar uses it to kill superman.

    #35 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4135 posts) - - Show Bio

    @iamsylar said:

    @shawnbaby said:

    @The_Imperator said:

    @xeon1cs: Superman doesn't tend to punch heads off. And even then, that wouldn't kill Sylar, since he can move his "Sweet spot." And all it takes is a thought from Peter and time freezes. If Superman melts him, the second Peter's brain comes back he can freeze time. Then, assuming Peter is competent like his future self, he body swaps Ando into Superman.

    Superman doesn't tend to kill either...but since this is a battle to the death...obviously he's willing to make an exception.

    And yeah...punching Sylar's head off will kill him...it doesn't matter where the "sweet spot" is if his head is no longer attached to the rest of his body. That's assuming Clark doesn't instantly Atomize both of them with his heat vision. They can't regenerate if you destroy the brain completely.

    I will solve this permanently. At the beginning it was mentioned that peter cant get superman's powers but sylar can use his power to understand how superman's abilities work and so he can get those abilities like he does in all of heroes. So now superman cant kill sylar because he has all of superman's abilities as well as all of those he previously took. So superman can still kill peter but wait no peter went into the future and took sylar's abilitiy so he can also understand how superman's powers work and get them to. So now they both have supermans powers and all their own powers. Now they overpower superman but he is still pretty invunerable so peter as someone mentioned body swaps ando into superman and superman into ando. Now superman is in ando's body and is up against 3 people with supermans abilites Ando,Sylar,Peter - not to mention the last 2 have their own powers from before aswell so they kill superman in andos body- dont think ando will mine with his new powers. the end.

    note-- i respect superman but there are so many ways this ends badly for him

    another less complicated example------>

    peter use parkman abilities to find out supermans weakness, ando freezes time gets the kryptonite by teleporting and then sylar uses it to kill superman.

    Getting his powers does not mean they will be a match for him simply because they will not have had enough time to metabolize enough solar energy to reach his level before he can take them out. Understanding his powers does not automatically make sure they can copy them anyway. His physiology is not human and their's are, Sylar can make minute changes to his brain to copy the power of humans with similar genetic quirks there is nothing to suggest he can alter his body to the point of becoming an alien, which in turn would cause him to lose his other abilities because Kryptonian physiology should not allow for those abilities to even be possible.

    Ando doesn't freeze time, and unless this fight is in DC or Peter can travel the omniverse (he can't) then they can't get kryptonite anyway. Peter is no master of of using telepathy either, so unless Superman is actively thinking about his weakness, Peter will not automatically get it from a brain scan, he will have to go deeper and in Heroes entering a persons mind like that seems to happen in real time.

    #36 Posted by X_insignia1 (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

    I don't think intuitive aptitude can even help Sylar for one, because Superman is not an evolved human, but an Alien.

    Moreover peter has not displayed dimensional teleporation,

    And Peter doesn't seem to be the most experienced telepath.

    Superman takes this.

    #37 Edited by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

    I don't think intuitive aptitude can even help Sylar for one, because Superman is not an evolved human, but an Alien.

    Moreover peter has not displayed dimensional teleporation,

    And Peter doesn't seem to be the most experienced telepath.

    Superman takes this.

    Dat power of biological mimicry AKA shape shifting. Become Superman to defeat Superman.

    #38 Posted by BMEZY (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

    It wasn't specified if Superman was out of character..Does fighting "to the death" equate to "no morals"?? And if that's true does that mean that Superman would resort to fighting in a way that even He wouldn't consider: i.e - "punch heads off", "get atomized by heat vision before their synapses even fire"

    etc..

    Also, why would Superman begin a fight with a ridiculously fast speed blitz against total stranger?? Was pre-flashpoint Superman really THAT impulsive?? Even when fighting "to the death"??

    I'm simply trying to add logic, here

    #39 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4135 posts) - - Show Bio

    @x_insignia1 said:

    I don't think intuitive aptitude can even help Sylar for one, because Superman is not an evolved human, but an Alien.

    Moreover peter has not displayed dimensional teleporation,

    And Peter doesn't seem to be the most experienced telepath.

    Superman takes this.

    Dat power of biological mimicry AKA shape shifting. Become Superman to defeat Superman.

    Shape shifting is not biological mimicry. Sylar can't take on non-human forms, and turning into a person with powers does not give him their powers only their likeness. If he became a woman would be able to get pregnant? That would be biological mimicry, he is only a shapeshifter.

    #40 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

    @trollheim said:

    @x_insignia1 said:

    I don't think intuitive aptitude can even help Sylar for one, because Superman is not an evolved human, but an Alien.

    Moreover peter has not displayed dimensional teleporation,

    And Peter doesn't seem to be the most experienced telepath.

    Superman takes this.

    Dat power of biological mimicry AKA shape shifting. Become Superman to defeat Superman.

    Shape shifting is not biological mimicry. Sylar can't take on non-human forms, and turning into a person with powers does not give him their powers only their likeness. If he became a woman would be able to get pregnant? That would be biological mimicry, he is only a shapeshifter.

    Looked it up on heroes wiki. It would be possible, however, he needs a direct biological sample from the target - his intuitive aptitude ability doesn't allow him to perfectly mimic the target from a distance. He can take non-human forms... his own anatomy is no longer human - he has removed points of vulnerability that would allow him to lose consciousness if targeted.

    #41 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    @lordofallhumans: He is able to move the "sweet spot" though, which implies he can rearrange his biology.

    #42 Posted by X_insignia1 (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

    @lordofallhumans said:

    @trollheim said:

    @x_insignia1 said:

    I don't think intuitive aptitude can even help Sylar for one, because Superman is not an evolved human, but an Alien.

    Moreover peter has not displayed dimensional teleporation,

    And Peter doesn't seem to be the most experienced telepath.

    Superman takes this.

    Dat power of biological mimicry AKA shape shifting. Become Superman to defeat Superman.

    Shape shifting is not biological mimicry. Sylar can't take on non-human forms, and turning into a person with powers does not give him their powers only their likeness. If he became a woman would be able to get pregnant? That would be biological mimicry, he is only a shapeshifter.

    Looked it up on heroes wiki. It would be possible, however, he needs a direct biological sample from the target - his intuitive aptitude ability doesn't allow him to perfectly mimic the target from a distance. He can take non-human forms... his own anatomy is no longer human - he has removed points of vulnerability that would allow him to lose consciousness if targeted.

    For wiki's, I can understand for a basic reference, but far as completely reliable? i don't recall anyone on heroes taking on a non-human form. Moreover, he's never removed points of vulnerability, he just moved it around to another location.

    #43 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4135 posts) - - Show Bio

    @lordofallhumans: He is able to move the "sweet spot" though, which implies he can rearrange his biology.

    with his telekinesis, not his shapeshifting, the sweet spot is in his brain and we already know from how he gets other powers and how he cured charlie that he can manipulate the brain, not transform into an alien.

    #44 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    @lordofallhumans: I know he can't transform into an alien, I was just saying he actually can use his shapeshifting to shift internal components. And no, he didn't move it with his telekinesis, that's not a telekinetic power.

    #45 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4135 posts) - - Show Bio

    @lordofallhumans: I know he can't transform into an alien, I was just saying he actually can use his shapeshifting to shift internal components. And no, he didn't move it with his telekinesis, that's not a telekinetic power.

    His shapeshifting his cosmetic, his telekinesis acts on at least the cellular level, with his understanding of his healing power and the fact that he get's all his powers from minute manipulation of the brain it stands to reason that the small kill spot that was formally in his brain was moved by his tk just like he moved what was wrong with Charlie from her brain to flow out of her nose (IIRC)

    #46 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    @lordofallhumans: No, I don't think that's how he moved it, I never got that from the show. IIRC, he didn't move it till after getting shapeshifting. Shapeshifting shifts all his appearance, a considering he was able to grow larger breasts as a girl and presumably female components, it wouldn't be too hard to move his brain stem around.

    #47 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

    Superman easy.

    #48 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (4135 posts) - - Show Bio

    @the_imperator said:

    @lordofallhumans: No, I don't think that's how he moved it, I never got that from the show. IIRC, he didn't move it till after getting shapeshifting. Shapeshifting shifts all his appearance, a considering he was able to grow larger breasts as a girl and presumably female components, it wouldn't be too hard to move his brain stem around.

    No we found out he moved it the after he got the shapeshifting. Danko tried to kill him and he says he moved it, that did not suggest he used shapeshifting, because it was already suggested by him that it was moved. His shapeshifting was cosmetic and only changes his outward appearance. His tk can and does work on him and other internally, so there is no reason to believe any internal adjustments he makes are not due to his tk, the same way he can use it to control his blood flow when pretending to be mortally wounded.

    #49 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

    @lordofallhumans: Ah, point. Though Sylar can already make internal adjustments without tk (that's how he got TK), but I understand what you are saying. I shall concede on that point.

    #50 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

    Team wouldn't even be fast enough to react to Superman's attacks and he's strong enough to one-shot all of them with the flick of his finger. A more fair fight would've been Team vs. MOS Supes.