• 84 results
#51 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Actually we proved he is a galaxy-buster. Brolly was still in a Restricted form at the start of the movie when we see the galaxy vanishing. Even assuming the entirety of it wasn't completely destroyed, that becomes irrelevant to the fact Brolly wasn't near his full strength when the event occurred. Brolly in his Legendary status is considered a galaxy-buster.

#52 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: The only absolutely confirmed galaxy buster is Bills. Also, he could've just been traveling from world to world and we were shown a time lapse. The vanishing galaxy is done so in a seemingly random order, and had he destroyed it, there would've been an epicenter. Also, he was not contained during that part. Paragus allowed him freedom to do what he pleased in order to subjugate the other groups. Broly's power when contained is unable to beat Goku at base form, so to say that he destroyed a galaxy like that is absurd.

#53 Posted by Jgames (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly really is a overated charecter, Cooler was a better villain, and wheter you like it or not, SSJ 1 goku beat Broly, PIS or not it happened. But since this is not Perfect Cell after he regenerated from the explosion, Broly wins.

And one thing about Broly, Goku and Cell fought each other and their energy was constantly going up, but eventually it start decreasing after a huge kamekameha, and regeneration, so Broly infinite energy might not be infinite, just saying, and Broly is not a galaxy buster, if he was, he would be the same level as Bill who rofl stomped the Z fighter, with just 1% of his power.

#54 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: All evidence of a time-lapse points to that idea not remotely being true. According to estimates, that would've taken thousands of years. And since we know Brolly hasn't been alive for that long (he's the same age as Goku, he's 30'ish around the time of the movie), we know it wasn't that long.

And the idea Brolly went from planet-to-star-to-planet in the span of 7sec would place him in the trillions of times FTL range, setting him far above every DBZ character to ever exist and could immediately blitz anyone Pre-Crisis Superman and Flash. So we know that's not true either.

Also note that the destruction of the galaxy started at the center and moved outward in every direction. So there was an epicenter, even if we could not perceive it since the Camera is perhaps tens of trillions of lightyears away from it. You should also be aware that Paragus would not, for any reason, remove the Control Circlet as it's the only thing enabling him to command his son. Without that, Brolly would immediately turn on his father and kill him.

We've already seen that Brolly can only use so much of his power while wearing that circlet, thus when he is partially transformed with the more oddly colored hair, he is referred to as the Restricted Super Saiyan. Brolly cannot exceed this level while bearing the circlet, which means we know that was the level of which he had devastated the Southern Galaxy. We also know that, as Brolly's power increased while he and Goku were fighting during the middle of the night, Goku's attacks were becoming less and less effective, to the point Brolly took a punch to the face and barely even turned his head.

Next morning this increase is also shown as, even when still restricted by the circlet, several attacks from SSJ Vegeta didn't so much as make Brolly blink, being completely unphased by them. A "base" level Goku would be utterly slaughtered by this.

All such arguments pertaining to Brolly's galaxy-busting have been made and fought with many times over. He's still classified as a galaxy-buster when in LSSJ status. No amount of nitpicking will change that.

#55 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: I would agree that if he was left completely unchecked and his power allowed to grow out infinitely, he could in fact be a galaxy buster. However, there are some huge errors in your logic. Broly has access to ships that were capable of flying them from Earth to New Vegeta in a relatively short time span. This means he could just be using the uber fast ships designed to travel from planet to planet to, well, travel from planet to planet.

You also assume that the time lapse is incredibly slow. This could be over the course of the 30 some years rather than the few thousand you suggest.

I had totally forgotten it started from the center, my apologies. However, we can still see that the blots are semi-random. This can basically be taken as an artist's representation, and as such be argued that it isn't accurate for either side of the debate =/ I'll totally concede that to you ^.^

#56 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Galaxy buster or no Galaxy buster.. Broly murders Cell and Bojack !

#57 Posted by Jgames (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai:

First of all, their are ships that travel FTL in the DBZ universe, and you don't know if it was really seven second. It could had been a couple of years since he was already capable of destroying a planet as a freaking baby. Plus him having unlimited energy can be argued since cell and goku fought, and their energy were constantly rising until, they got hurt or use their full power attack, Broly did not took the fight serious, and did not got hurt until goku absorb everybody power. But It doesn't matter if he is or not, which he is not because it would defy all logic, because just like he say

Galaxy buster or no Galaxy buster.. Broly murders Cell and Bojack !

#58 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10064 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: I already said it was fan-made lol, was just using it for fun.

People should listen when I speak!

#59 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: None of which you try to argue makes any kind of sense. There's no evidence of him going around in a ship to do all this, but we do know it all happened at the same time because King Kai reacted to it immediately. We know it happened in 7sec because that's the time that elapsed in the video from the beginning of the destruction to the end.

We know it didn't happen over a long period of time because of King Kai's reaction and the placement in the series. We also know he couldn't have just been tooling around in a ship given all the other evidence. Took Vegeta and Nappa like 9mo to get from the planet they were on to Earth, took Bulma and Co a month to get from Earth to Namek. Took only Goku 6 days in a CC ship because of modifications. Goku states the pod he was in was slower than Freeza's mother ship.

The only ships Brolly would've had access to is your standard Saiyan Space Pod and Paragus' capital ship which he used to pick up Vegeta and company with on Earth, and we know Brolly didn't do anything alone since Paragus is needed to keep him under control.

#60 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: I'm just saying that it's rather inconceivable that he could be a galaxy buster. If you don't like it I can just drop it =/

#61 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10064 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: It's highly conceivable. Nobody would even listen to anyone who said Cell was a Solar System buster until they said it in the Daizenshuu, because we all just took it as hyperbole. With Brolly we have visual evidence, Narrator's statement and King Kai's reaction.

I'm just saying this argument has been done dozens of times, and all those claiming Brolly can't do it have been defeated repeatedly.

#64 Edited by xlab3000 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cell

#65 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: I'll just take your word for it ^.^

#66 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

SS2 Gohan stomped Bojack

LSS Broly stomped Gohan

Perfect Cell roflstomps them both

Didn't SSJ2 Gohan defeat Perfect Cell in the end once he stopped holding back? For all Broly's infinite strength, he has been beaten multiple times, i'd put put SSJ2 Gohan>Broly>PC, imo.

#67 Posted by Jgames (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@dratini1331: It's highly conceivable. Nobody would even listen to anyone who said Cell was a Solar System buster until they said it in the Daizenshuu, because we all just took it as hyperbole. With Brolly we have visual evidence, Narrator's statement and King Kai's reaction.

I'm just saying this argument has been done dozens of times, and all those claiming Brolly can't do it have been defeated repeatedly.

It just make no sense with the power scale of what other people can do XD, but then again he is non cannon which is a alternate universe, so maybe in that universe, goku as ssj3 is a universe buster, who knows

#68 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordraiden said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

SS2 Gohan stomped Bojack

LSS Broly stomped Gohan

Didn't SSJ2 Gohan defeat Perfect Cell in the end once he stopped holding back? For all Broly's infinite strength, he has been beaten multiple times, i'd put put SSJ2 Gohan>Broly>PC, imo.

We went over this in the thread...basically at the start I assumed Broly would obliterate Perfect Cell, giving him a zenkai which turns him into Super Perfect Cell who is between SS2 and SS3 in power; add to this his massive versatility and he would probably beat Broly.

However, it was brought up that Broly is incredibly sadistic and would toy with Perfect Cell, and, as shown, anything that doesn't obliterate him just weakens him. So Broly would weaken him, and then the zenkai wouldn't do anything.

Also, all instances of Broly being defeated are idiotic. Or rather both; the first case is just...bad. LSS Broly is in-between SS2 and SS3, and there's no way one punch from SS Goku, SS Gohan, SS Trunks, Piccolo, and SS Vegeta's power combined would do him in. And in the second case, Broly was stopped from using his full power.

@reikai: Very interesting...

Honestly, I'd have to say that Broly's power level was obscenely inconsistent. I mean, he destroys a planet handicapped, and then somehow SS1 Goku tanks thirty of those no problem, with NO DAMAGE TO THE ENVIRONMENT?!

BULLLLL.

Still, I love Broly. If what you're saying is true about him destroying an entire galaxy, it's very impressive.

#69 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Well think about a few things. Majin Vegeta in Buu Saga used all of his power in a single blat trying to kill Buu, and yet only put a moderate crater in the ground as opposed to vaping the entire system (since SPC is a solar-system buster and Majin Vegeta was stronger than him).

Generally in DBZ the immediate target takes most of the damage and force of an attack as opposed to the surrounding area. When we see one of those tiny orbs strike the ground or a mountain, the entire thing is obliterated in a huge explosion. Add in ki control which enables them to minimized the Area of Effect, and it's the only reason why the Earth hasn't been blown up several million times since the end of the Freeza Saga.

#70 Edited by xlab3000 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

SS2 Gohan stomped Bojack

LSS Broly stomped Gohan

IIRC, Vegeta Butt-In during the power struggle as did Trunks in the second movie.

#72 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10064 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Yes but watching it it looks a lot like Broly is missing some of those shots.

Regardless, there's definitely some nonsense there about Goku tanking...oh, IDK, 30x as many as the rest of the Z Fighters in base form?

#75 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Brolly is sadistic. He likes to torture and torment. He only kills when they're no longer of any fun for him.

#76 Edited by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by NeonGameWave (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly stomps the both of them.

#78 Posted by XHyperionX (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I think im starting to agree that Broly wins this.

#79 Posted by randumo24 (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly is overrated. He was never shown destroying a galaxy in a shot, they showed him destroying individual planets. Something that pre-earth Vegeta could do, and Frieza did for fun. Gohan was NOT SSJ2 when he fought Broly. You can claim it was an animation error if you're in denial, but it's the truth.

Goku defeated Broly in the first movie in SSJ, with some extra power from the other injured guys. As hurt as they all were, Goku was barely above a regular SSJ when he beat him, and he was not at SSJ2 level. I mean, Gohan was doing a decent job keeping up with SSJ Broly in base.

Perfect Cell is way above Broly. Goku beat Broly with a punch to the gut, while Cell survived a full power Kamehameha to the face from FPSSJ Goku. It took the biggest Kamehameha in the history of DBZ to kill Cell.

#80 Posted by randumo24 (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames said:

Broly really is a overated charecter, Cooler was a better villain, and wheter you like it or not, SSJ 1 goku beat Broly, PIS or not it happened. But since this is not Perfect Cell after he regenerated from the explosion, Broly wins.

And one thing about Broly, Goku and Cell fought each other and their energy was constantly going up, but eventually it start decreasing after a huge kamekameha, and regeneration, so Broly infinite energy might not be infinite, just saying, and Broly is not a galaxy buster, if he was, he would be the same level as Bill who rofl stomped the Z fighter, with just 1% of his power.

It is the form after he regenerated. That's what Perfect Cell is called. The pre regenerated one is called Perfect Form Cell.

#81 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Cell watches Bojack getting smacked around by Broly for a while, realizes he can't win, and blows the planet up, killing the fools who can't survive the vacuum of space.

#82 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Super Perfect Cell = Even with SSJ2 Son-Gohan
2. Perfect Cell / Bojack / LSSJ Brolly = Weaker than SSJ2 Son-Gohan

Perfect Cell still looked the best in the fight against SSJ2 Son-Gohan, while Bojack went down pretty quick. Brolly never even faced a SSJ2.
I think that comparing LSSJ Brolly to an Ultra Saiyan, who never lost the speed advantage does make a lot of sense, but Brolly also nearly died once, which gave him a power upgrade, so he should be close to a SSJ2 and therefore on Perfect Cell's power level, but he never faced a SSJ2 and never became one you can't say that he is more powerful than the other two guys.

#83 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10064 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Broly was stomping a grown Gohan, Goten(Kid), Trunks(Kid), and Krillin(Lol) at the same time. Before this, he was stomping SSJ Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Piccolo, SSJ Alt. Trunks, and SSJ Gohan at the same time. Broly should be above SSJ2. Broly did face a SSJ2 Gohan, the animators messed it up though.

#84 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: The SSJ warriors got also stomped by Cell Babies. So Brolly stomping them isn't that impressive. The Adult Gohan Brolly fought was from a time, where he stopped being a warrior and went to school and stuff like that instead. He wasn't as powerful as he used to be. And at the same time Gohan didn't even transform into a super saiyan. He was fighting a super saiyan Brolly in his base form.

#86 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly no question