Percy Jackson vs Thor (comic version)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@leo-343: I know, it's going to be awesome. Not to mention it was heavily hinted that the Kane Chronicles also are based in the PJ universe, which would mean Egyptian, Greek/Roman and Norse gods all exist in the same universe o_O

I could just picture Jason and Thor being BFFs xD

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Lol, no why is Percy fighting Thor 0_O? This is baffling I i've read all the books and... Why ? Just why? To say he's out of his league would be an understatement.

A lot of Percy wank here. He can't take thor, thats silly.

I'm just using what I think is a creative way to win. It's not always a battle of strength. If you've read all the books, you should know he can take lightning strikes (Mark of Athena, p.132, and Titan's Curse p.88) I don't think one hit from Thor's hammer would hurt Thor, but it could just launch him a decent distance away.

@justleader said:

@stonerthps: but im not just telling you he has strength obviously holding up the sky isnt like lifting a chair so he has massive durability and speed doesnt matter if someone has good durability

Strength doesn't = durability. And durability doesn't matter when electrocution is gonna kill you the moment it touches you.

Okay, perhaps for those of you who may not have read the entire series I should clarify. Percy's "Achilles' Heel" of sorts is on the lower part of his spine (like on the opposite side of his belly button-I dunno.) The point is, it's well covered by the Nemean Lion pelt. As far as strength goes, Percy isn't by any means close to as strong as Thor. He doesn't lift up the cosmos, he lifts the sky and "...[He] felt as if ]he] were being crushed under a thousand tons." and was said by Artemis to be a " 'million pounds'. " We all know Thor would have no problem doing this, considering he pulled matter and anti-matter apart (I don't have the scans, but we can all agree Thor's way stronger.) So no Percy never lifted the cosmos. He did, however keep apart two primordial gods (Uranus and Gaea, both of whom are "yearning to embrace" each other-paraphrasing Titan's curse, p.263) apart, which is pretty powerful. He's also beaten people a lot stronger than him including Iapetus (Demigod files), Hyperion (The Last Olympian), Kronos( The Last Olympian), Ares (The Lightning Thief), and even gained the upper hand on a surprised Hades (The Last Olympian), and later killed Pophyron (an immortal giant) with the help of a minor god(The Son of Neptune), killed Otis (Mark of Athena) and defeated Akhylis, the primordial goddess of misery (House of Hades). All of this to say, realistically Thor wins 6/10 times, but this is, by no means a "curbstomp."

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax24601:

Thor's lightning is far more powerful than Jason and Thalia's

Holding up the sky is more about strength of heart and heroic courage than pure physical strength

None of the people he's beaten or gotten the better of have feats as powerful as Thor

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: some people actually think Percy is in the same league as guys like Thor or Wonder Woman

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, I said "6/10" the other four, it might be a standstill. I concede that Percy can't win against someone of Thor's caliber, but he may be able to surprise him and get a good hit on Thor before calling for help. It was stupid for me to say "Percy ftw," I guess I'm kind of naïve that way. But it's not a curbstomp, comics are full of people beating others out of their league, most notably Spider Man and Firelord. I'm super excited for Blood Of Olympus. (Comes out to tomorrow)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps Percy and everyone in his verse

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Spiderman beating firelord is PIS= Plot induced stupidity, when a a character beats a character they shouldn't for the sake of the plot. Does spiderman beating a herald make sense to you? Percy's good but putting him against Thor is a gross estimation of his abilities."

Given that you came on to this link long enough to comment on it, you must at least see some merit value in the fight itself. The "gross estimation of his abilities" must not have been "gross" enough for you to give your opinion. The feats themselves can only be compared to their own respective universes. Ares in the Marvel universe was only killed by Sentry, but in the Olympus universe, he can be brainwashed, manipulated, arrogant, and gets beaten by a 12-year-old. By comparing apples and oranges, there's no way to really win a debate. It becomes pointless.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: I've had people try to argue that Percy's a 100+ tonner with FTL reflexes

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: yeah it's usually the sky

Apparently fighting the Titan of light makes you a lightspeeder, cause he "turned into light" (he didn't, he just started glowing)

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@arcus said:

@leo-343: I've had people try to argue that Percy's a 100+ tonner with FTL reflexes

The 100 ton feat probably comes from the misunderstanding of him holding up the sky, can't think of where the ftl argument is from though

It's not a misunderstanding of holding up the sky, he does hold up the sky. And it would be more than 100 tons considering it had the capability to crush the entire mountain if released. He also holds up the River Lethe, which is tons and tons of water, outmuscles the Cyclops Polyphemus, etc.

And for the FTL argument, it's from him instinctively reacting to Hyperion, who is the Titan of Light.

But I do agree, Thor wins.

Jmarshmallow

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having read most of Percy's books I just don't see any way for him to win here. Thor is stronger, tougher, more experience, and just flat out more powerful. Percy's feat of holding up the sky is impressive but seeing that that's the only instance when he does something like that, besides holding up the river Lethe. I didn't see those as purely strength feats to begin with they seemed more tied to the individuals will power and other such factors. As for Percy being FTL because he fought Hyperion, Thor fought Silver Surfer who has speed feats that way outstrip everyone in the Percy-verse combined, yet Thor isn't nearly as fast as Norrin, attempting to make that claim is broken logic imo. Thor should take this 10/10

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Exactly. Hyperion never used lightspeef attacks

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

It was continually mentioned that only a true hero with strong courage could hold the sky, making it seem most likely that holding the sky shows strength of character.

When did he physically pick up the entire River Lethe? I remember him using hydrokinesis to bend it upwards, but that's it

Proof that Polyphemus is a hundred tonner?

The Hyperion argument is baseless

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Dude... come on Percy isn't a 100 tonner

Why, because you don't want him to be lol? Because you don't think he SHOULD be?

and i swear holding up the sky has something more to do with heart or something other than just strength-

Perhaps heart plays a part, but it obviously can't be JUST a willpower feat as it takes Atlas, the physically strongest Titan, to hold up the sky eternally.

As for reacting to Hyperion, i vaguely remember that fight and it would depend if Hyperion used a light based attack iirc he was using a weapon,

He turned into light and blitzed Percy. Light is obviously lightspeed, which would in fact mean that Percy has lightspeed reflexes.

Percy ain't a 100 tonner

Based on feats, he is.

and he doesn't have light speed reflexes.

Based on feats, he is.

That's ridiculous. It's Percy Jackson wank.

Why? Why is it ridiculous? Feats speak for themselves, and Percy has feats that prove that he's got immense strength and great reflexes.

Jmarshmallow

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor, curse of Achilles does very little to protect from blunt damage (there's a story of another who had the curse but was killed by a giant who smashed him with a mountain)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Arcus1

@jmarshmallow:

Your "feats" aren't feats, they're your misinterpretations

He never turned into light

If Percy was FTL, Arion going at the speed of sound wouldn't be special. He wouldn't be a blur to Percy

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@jmarshmallow:

It was continually mentioned that only a true hero with strong courage could hold the sky, making it seem most likely that holding the sky shows strength of character.

No, it was mentioned ONCE, and it was by Artemis who always lowballs boys.

What was ALSO mentioned is the fact that it would crush the entire mountain, something that you purposefully seem to be forgetting.

When did he physically pick up the entire River Lethe? I remember him using hydrokinesis to bend it upwards, but that's it

He held it using hydrokinesis, but it was clearly also a strength feat because he held up his arms in the lifting position and it was his shoulders that hurt because it was a lifting feat, as opposed to the usual tug in his gut.

Proof that Polyphemus is a hundred tonner?

He's a Cyclops, and in the myths (which are canon to the Percy Jackson Universe) Cyclops have extremely impressive strength feats.

The Hyperion argument is baseless

No, it's not.

Having read most of Percy's books I just don't see any way for him to win here.

I agree that Thor wins here, but you've got a couple things wrong with your post mate.

Percy's feat of holding up the sky is impressive but seeing that that's the only instance when he does something like that, besides holding up the river Lethe.

That's TWO instances of Percy showing strength in the 100+ ton range, how many do you need before you begin to believe it?....

I didn't see those as purely strength feats to begin with they seemed more tied to the individuals will power and other such factors.

For the sky feat, it was specifically stated that the sky would flatten the mountain if dropped. It had to be a strength feat, because the amount of force necessary to do that is WAY over 100 tons.

As for Percy being FTL because he fought Hyperion, Thor fought Silver Surfer who has speed feats that way outstrip everyone in the Percy-verse combined,

Silver Surfer has good TRAVEL speed feats, but not good REACTION speed feats. The best he has is nanosecond, and it's only him breaking out of a pair of futuristic handcuffs.

Percy would still be faster.

Thor should take this 10/10

I can more or less agree with this.

Jmarshmallow

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone bring up another instance of Percy showing 100 ton strength? Just one is all I'm asking for, one measly little instance if he has (which he hasn't) he might be a 100 tonner but since he hasn't and the feat in question mentions strength of will/character multiple times I'm more inclined to think he isn't.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@jmarshmallow:

Your "feats" aren't feats, they're your misinterpretations

I could just as easily say the same about you. Doesn't make you right.

He never turned into light

Yes he did.

If Percy was FTL, Arion going at the speed of sound wouldn't be special. He wouldn't be a blur to Percy

Faster than light REFLEXES, meaning he instinctively does it. So I'm not surprised Arion was a blur.

Besides, he already dodged supersonic dodgeballs, so your argument is invalid in the first place.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone bring up another instance of Percy showing 100 ton strength? Just one is all I'm asking for, one measly little instance if he has (which he hasn't) he might be a 100 tonner but since he hasn't and the feat in question mentions strength of will/character multiple times I'm more inclined to think he isn't.

River Lethe.

Outmuscling Polyphemus.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@leo-343 said:

I don't care if he is

Sweet, then open up your mind to the possibility.

Where are his other 100 ton feats?

Holding up the River Lethe which would include TONS of Water, and doing it with a lethal wound in his shoulder, the body part that does most of the work when lifting.

Outmuscling Polyphemus, who is a Cyclops, and in Myths Cyclopes have super impressive strength feats.

I recall someone saying hyperion only glowed

Nah mate, he turned into a "column of light and heat."

That's more than just glowing.

and if percy is lightspeed why does he get tagged in fights by people who aren't Light speed? he should be able to react to everything no? is Chrysoar light speed? Is Jason? both of them tagged him.

Good question.

Allow me to counter with another question: Why do Superman and Flash get tagged by beings that aren't light speed?

The same applies to Percy.

And i dunno whether to take you seriously i seem to recall u admitting in another thread u were a PJ fanboy :/. Blud.

I am a fanboy. Just like I'm a fanboy of Batman, Deadpool, One Piece, Sentry, etc. I'm a fanboy of a LOT of characters.

Most people are. Even you are mate. It's not a bad thing. Being a fanboy just means you REALLY like a character, it doesn't mean that every thing you say about said character is false.

The fact of the matter is, I don't make any claims that don't have solid backing by actual feats.

That remains true in this case as well.

Jmarshmallow

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

So...no evidence that Polyphemus is 100+

Really? He raised his arms? I mean, the Lethe is a hydrokinesis feat, so there wasn't going to be anything to make it a physical strength feat. Also, are you saying he lifted the entire river? Because he didn't.

You've never given any actual evidence that Hyperion turned to light. If he actually did turn to light, why didn't Riordan say "he turned into light"? There shouldn't be any ambiguity for a feat that significant

If his brain is capable of processing things at light speed and his body is capable of moving at light speed, speed of sound should seem like a slow crawl to him

Evidence that the dodgeballs were supersonic?

You've never given a satisfactory answer for how Annabeth and Luke were able to hold the sky if you have to be over class 100 to do it

Dawgfan229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor extremely quick and easy!!

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

From Polyphemus himself:

Homer, Odyssey 9

Stranger, you must be a fool or have come from far afield if you tell me to fear the gods or beware of them. We of the Kyklopes race care nothing for Zeus and for his aegis; we care for none of the gods in heaven, being much stronger ourselves than they are

Being much stronger than the gods would make them far more than 100 tonners.

Really? He raised his arms?

Uh, yeah. You know, like you do when you lift something?

I mean, the Lethe is a hydrokinesis feat, so there wasn't going to be anything to make it a physical strength feat.

Okay, then explain why not ONCE it mentions a tug in his gut, like it does EVERY TIME he performs hydrokinesis.

Also, are you saying he lifted the entire river? Because he didn't.

Never said that.

You've never given any actual evidence that Hyperion turned to light. If he actually did turn to light, why didn't Riordan say "he turned into light"?

"turned into a column of light and heat."

That's almost verbatim what you're looking for, but you're too obstinate to accept it.

There shouldn't be any ambiguity for a feat that significant

There isn't. That's the point.

If his brain is capable of processing things at light speed and his body is capable of moving at light speed, speed of sound should seem like a slow crawl to him

Instincts. Plain and simple. Most of the time he does things without realizing that he did it.

As you wish, my liege.

"I rolled as another dodgeball whistled past my ear at the speed of sound."

Clear enough for you?

You've never given a satisfactory answer for how Annabeth and Luke were able to hold the sky if you have to be over class 100 to do it

Luke has the power of Cronos, hence why he was able to recover from a fall that would have turned any normal person to paste.

Annabeth I suppose is inconsistent.

And "satisfactory" is subjective. Just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean it's not good enough.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@arcus said:

@jmarshmallow:

Really? He raised his arms? I mean, the Lethe is a hydrokinesis feat, so there wasn't going to be anything to make it a physical strength feat. Also, are you saying he lifted the entire river? Because he didn't.

You've never given any actual evidence that Hyperion turned to light. If he actually did turn to light, why didn't Riordan say "he turned into light"? There shouldn't be any ambiguity for a feat that significant

Yeh! Answer that Mr Marshmallow

As you wish it, so it shall be done Leo!

@arcus said:

From Polyphemus himself:

Homer, Odyssey 9

Stranger, you must be a fool or have come from far afield if you tell me to fear the gods or beware of them. We of the Kyklopes race care nothing for Zeus and for his aegis; we care for none of the gods in heaven, being much stronger ourselves than they are

Being much stronger than the gods would make them far more than 100 tonners.

Really? He raised his arms?

Uh, yeah. You know, like you do when you lift something?

I mean, the Lethe is a hydrokinesis feat, so there wasn't going to be anything to make it a physical strength feat.

Okay, then explain why not ONCE it mentions a tug in his gut, like it does EVERY TIME he performs hydrokinesis.

Also, are you saying he lifted the entire river? Because he didn't.

Never said that.

You've never given any actual evidence that Hyperion turned to light. If he actually did turn to light, why didn't Riordan say "he turned into light"?

"turned into a column of light and heat."

That's almost verbatim what you're looking for, but you're too obstinate to accept it.

There shouldn't be any ambiguity for a feat that significant

There isn't. That's the point.

Instincts. Plain and simple. Most of the time he does things without realizing that he did it.

As you wish, my liege.

Clear enough for you?

Luke has the power of Cronos, hence why he was able to recover from a fall that would have turned any normal person to paste.

Annabeth I suppose is inconsistent.

And "satisfactory" is subjective. Just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean it's not good enough.

Jmarshmallow

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By skyroid

percy jacksom murderstomps thor

heyimNotEvenJoking

No Caption Provided

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@skyroid: Don't be silly, Percy dies.

nah bro, Percy has the winged shoe and golden fleece ).-.-.(

Percy Muder stomps every version of thor. heck he stomps all of DC and Marvel.

@skyroid said:

percy jacksom murderstomps thor +Dc+Marvel

heyimNotEvenJoking

No Caption Provided

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's crazy how popular this thread has become...I logged on 3 hours ago, left, and there's still lots of debating going on. At this point I would think that those of whom decide that it's a curbstomp would log off. There's a reason this is under "Battles" category in comic vine. So if you're arguing with a fanboy...it won't go anywhere. It's like that quote by George Carlin about "arguing with idiots." It won't help you win the debate, they won't be convinced.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's crazy how popular this thread has become...I logged on 3 hours ago, left, and there's still lots of debating going on. At this point I would think that those of whom decide that it's a curbstomp would log off. There's a reason this is under "Battles" category in comic vine. So if you're arguing with a fanboy...it won't go anywhere. It's like that quote by George Carlin about "arguing with idiots." It won't help you win the debate, they won't be convinced.

stop whining Percy Stomps all of Dc+Marvel and everything else.

@skyroid said:

@leo-343 said:

@skyroid said:

heyimNotEvenJoking

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

So, the only thing you've got is from the myths? No feats from the actual books? Clearly things aren't exactly the same in the books as some versions of mythology: ex the Giant Twins who didn't lift mountains

I can't believe you're actually arguing this. He didn't even touch the water to lift it physically. Stop being ridiculous.

It actually says something closer to he "erupted in a column of light and heat." That doesn't mean he turned into light and moved at light speed.

Even if it was just instincts, in order for his brain to process things at light speed and for his body to actually move at light speed, he'd have to be at least speed of sound

How does Percy know it was the speed of sound? How do we know the monster didn't just miss?

You can't just dismiss Annabeth as "inconsistent" If you accept that holding the sky shows inner strength, then there's no inconsistency

If I'm not satisfied then I can call it unsatisfactory

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Jmarshmallow
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: oh, Percy clearly wasn't as strong as Polyphemus. If he was he could have moved the boulder blocking the cave. He couldn't.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By skyroid

all u are dumb i mean everyone who says thor wins. @dondave: @cgoodness: @dawgfan229: @ajax24601: @jmarshmallow: @the_titan_lord: @arcus:

@skyroid said:

@ajax24601 said:

@skyroid said:

@leo-343 said:

@skyroid said:

heyimNotEvenJoking

No Caption Provided

Hey at least thor comics are very interesetinnnngggggggggggg

heyimnotevenkidding

No Caption Provided

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Cream_God
@skyroid said:

all u are dumb i mean everyone who says thor wins. @dondave: @cgoodness: @dawgfan229: @ajax24601: @jmarshmallow: @the_titan_lord: @arcus:

@skyroid said:

@ajax24601 said:

@skyroid said:

@leo-343 said:

@skyroid said:

heyimNotEvenJoking

No Caption Provided

Hey at least thor comics are very interesetinnnngggggggggggg

heyimnotevenkidding

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

So, the only thing you've got is from the myths? No feats from the actual books? Clearly things aren't exactly the same in the books as some versions of mythology: ex the Giant Twins who didn't lift mountains

The Myths are canon to the Percy Jackson Universe.

Nothing differs, it's just that Riordan has explained how certain things operate that Classic Authors of Greek Myths didn't understand.

I can't believe you're actually arguing this. He didn't even touch the water to lift it physically. Stop being ridiculous.

So, in other words, you have no argument for all the points I just made lol?

It actually says something closer to he "erupted in a column of light and heat."

It actually says "His body ignited in a column of light and heat."

That doesn't mean he turned into light and moved at light speed.

YOU said "Why didn't he just say that he turned into light?"

That's basically EXACTLY what he said.

Ignited means to explode, and "column of light and heat" is light.

So he exploded in a column of light.

That's turning into light. And light moves at light speed, so there's really no argument there.

Even if it was just instincts, in order for his brain to process things at light speed and for his body to actually move at light speed, he'd have to be at least speed of sound

Which he is, evidenced by casually deflecting bullets off his sword and dodging supersonic dodgeballs.

How does Percy know it was the speed of sound?

How on EARTH should I know how he knows that lol? You asked for proof that it was speed of sound, and I gave it to you.

I swear, it doesn't matter what I do, you REFUSE to accept any feat that doesn't fit into your own specific view of Percy Jackson.

I have posted a DIRECT QUOTE from the book illustrating supersonic reactions, and yet you're still trying to lowball it. Ridiculous.

How do we know the monster didn't just miss?

Because it didn't say "The monster just missed me." It says

If the monster had missed, it would have said he missed. It clearly says he dodged the blow. And Tyson even warns him beforehand when the Monster is aiming at him.

You can't just dismiss Annabeth as "inconsistent" If you accept that holding the sky shows inner strength, then there's no inconsistency

I accept that inner strength plays a part, but physical strength does as well or else it wouldn't be able to flatten the mountain.

And I'm gonna do the metaphor again that you seem not to get:

"If Batman and Superman are caught up in a nuclear explosion, and both of them make it out unscathed, it's considered inconsistent for Batman because he's never shown that durability before, but it's perfectly consistent for Superman because he's durable enough to do it."

If I'm not satisfied then I can call it unsatisfactory

And you can say that, and you can hold on to that opinion till the day you die!

But just because you don't like it, doesn't make it untrue.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@jmarshmallow: oh, Percy clearly wasn't as strong as Polyphemus. If he was he could have moved the boulder blocking the cave. He couldn't.

How are you going to say he wasn't as strong, when we saw Percy PHYSICALLY BEAT POLYPHEMUS DOWN.

He wasn't really going all out when he moved the boulder, whereas when he beat down Polyphemus he was at his peak because he was angry.

This is what I'm talking about when I say you try to lowball EVERY SINGLE FEAT Percy has.

Jmarshmallow

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By dondave