#1 Edited by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle takes place in an area filled with water.

Percy has Curse of Achilles: makes percy very difficult to defeat since he cannot be killed except in a very narrow spot on his back.

The Golden fleece: Can deflect attacks and while equiped it can heal injuries.

Medusahead, petrifies anyone who look at the head

Winged shoes lets percy fly

Riptidea specific weapon that can injure gods, titans, and other powerful beings.

Here are percy's powers:

Hydrokinesis: With the power of the sea within him, Percy can control every form and great volumes of water, being even able to summon and heal his wounds and cure himself of most poisons with it. Percy can control water almost omnipotently. He can control it in order to make it explode, or use it to grab something. His hydrokinesis abilities include:

  • General Hydrokinesis: He can create water from petrified seashells,as well as being able to create water with his own energy and summoning the "force of the ocean" to his will, as long as he concentrates hard enough. He can also harden water into an almost solid shape.
  • Superhuman Strength: Percy's strength increases greatly to the point where he was able to hold the sky, (which is The Curse of Atlas), on his shoulders.
  • Healing Factor: He can heal most wounds and cure most poisons when in contact with water.
  • Water Propulsion: He can control the water around him to propel himself through water. Percy can shoot water, not only from being in water, but he can blast the own water he creates.
  • Waterbreathing: Percy can breathe underwater and diffuse the oxygen in the water to create oxygen bubbles that allow his non-hydrokinetic friends to breathe underwater.
  • Water Immunity: Percy can fall from great heights into water, and is unaffected by any amount of water pressure. He does not get wet if submerged in water, unless he wants to. Percy can temporarily dry items underwater, such as a lighter.
  • Water Solidification: Percy can harden water into an almost solid shape. He can use this power to walk on water, by increasing the surface tension of the water to the point where it is solid enough for him to stand on, and water constructs. So far, he has demonstrated creating a strong water shield, and on two instances inThe Son of Neptune, he hardened the water into giant hands that followed and imitated the movements of his own hands. In the movie, he also formed a trident made of hardened water.

Sailing Skills: Percy possesses an intimate awareness of any ship he is on (sailing ships, canoes, motorboats, possibly submarines); being able to telekinetically operate one (as well as anything related to the ocean) because he has perfect bearings on the ocean, he can easily navigate his way at sea.

Communication: Percy has divine authority over and can talk (normally and telepathically) to equines and sea creatures who mainly treat him with deference and lordly respect. He can also speak to other children of Poseidon underwater (seen in The Sea of Monsters, in a conversation with Tyson).

Aerokinesis: Percy can summon hurricanes and other types of storms, but the extent to which he can control them is as of yet unknown. By the events of The Son of Neptune he is able to sustain the storm with less effort than his first use of the skill against the Titan Hyperion, although it still drains him over time.

Geokinesis: Percy can generate earthquakes and (consequently) cause volcanic eruptions, but his control of this technique is less than that of a child of Hades.

Cryokinesis: Percy can use cryokinesis to a small degree. He is able to use the ice and snow around him to make an icy hurricane, as he does during the battle in Alaska in The Son Of Neptune. He can also manipulate frozen or icy water around him, demonstrated during his interrupted fight with Thalia in The Titan's Curse.

Heat Resistance: Percy has as far higher than normal resistance to heat and burns, similar to that of a cyclops, due to his father's oceanic nature. He was able to survive being engulfed by lava thrown by the telekhines, though it began to get more painful the longer he was in contact with it, as well not being killed by the superheated steam from the eruption of Mount Saint Helens.

Miscellaneous: While fighting the Furies on his first quest, Percy uses a random bout of Latin, telling his former pre-algebra teacher, Mrs. Dodds, (the Fury Alecto) "Braccas meas vescimini!" (Eat my pants!) This may be attributed to his time learning Latin under Chiron, then known as Mr. Brunner.

I just want to make the battle fair here. Now I guess I don't need to list thor's powers since everybody knows them.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor smashes him just like Thor's movie smashed his crap movie in the box office.

#3 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Thor smashes him just like Thor's movie smashed his crap movie in the box office.

Don't be so sure...... I balanced the battle very well. The battle takes place where percy has full power. And see what his equipments can do.... He also has the achilles curse meaning he can't be killed except in a very narrow spot in his back. And really, read his powers....

#4 Posted by niBBit (736 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Thor will be affected by the gaze of Medusa since he himself is an God and all but if he's not he would be fightning Percy blind.

#5 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit said:

I don't know if Thor will be affected by the gaze of Medusa since he himself is an God and all but if he's not he would be fightning Percy blind.

He will certainly will be affected.

#6 Posted by XLR87T3 (3235 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: That...was low...Morals on, Percy forces himself a win. Morals off, the boy's head disappears and he falls down.

#7 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12360 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Thor smashes him just like Thor's movie smashed his crap movie in the box office.

LMAO. Funny and true XD

#8 Edited by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

water conducts electricity....

anyway, a Thor fanboy once claimed mjolnir can control time? not sure if it's true. Maybe Percy cannot die but can he be knocked out cold?

#9 Posted by Primarch (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

water conducts electricity....

anyway, a Thor fanboy once claimed mjolnir can control time? not sure if it's true. Maybe Percy cannot die but can he be knocked out cold?

Mjolnir could open portals to travel through time and create forcefields to protect against time manipulating things and affect time in a limited area yeah, but then Immortus used the temporal energies or something and it lost the power. Its on marvel database, feel free to look it up if you want specifics.

#10 Posted by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

also, Thor hurls him into the sun

#11 Posted by TAneT62 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who would win ...

#12 Posted by Libertyprime (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy is too overwanked.

#13 Posted by niBBit (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy wins this. In strength alone he would be able to match/beat Thor i mean he was holding the Sky right. If Thor is affected by Medusa's head he is fighting this fight blind. In this battle he has the Golden Fleece with should protect him of enough damage from Thor's Lightning.

#14 Posted by henryarguelles5 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy's cool....but Thor has too much battle experience and too many powers.

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (20907 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#16 Posted by The_Thunderer (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

The battle takes place in an area filled with water.

Percy has Curse of Achilles: makes percy very difficult to defeat since he cannot be killed except in a very narrow spot on his back.

The Golden fleece: Can deflect attacks and while equiped it can heal injuries.

Medusahead, petrifies anyone who look at the head

Winged shoes lets percy fly

Riptidea specific weapon that can injure gods, titans, and other powerful beings.

Here are percy's powers:

Hydrokinesis: With the power of the sea within him, Percy can control every form and great volumes of water, being even able to summon and heal his wounds and cure himself of most poisons with it. Percy can control water almost omnipotently. He can control it in order to make it explode, or use it to grab something. His hydrokinesis abilities include:

  • General Hydrokinesis: He can create water from petrified seashells,as well as being able to create water with his own energy and summoning the "force of the ocean" to his will, as long as he concentrates hard enough. He can also harden water into an almost solid shape.
  • Superhuman Strength: Percy's strength increases greatly to the point where he was able to hold the sky, (which is The Curse of Atlas), on his shoulders.
  • Healing Factor: He can heal most wounds and cure most poisons when in contact with water.
  • Water Propulsion: He can control the water around him to propel himself through water. Percy can shoot water, not only from being in water, but he can blast the own water he creates.
  • Waterbreathing: Percy can breathe underwater and diffuse the oxygen in the water to create oxygen bubbles that allow his non-hydrokinetic friends to breathe underwater.
  • Water Immunity: Percy can fall from great heights into water, and is unaffected by any amount of water pressure. He does not get wet if submerged in water, unless he wants to. Percy can temporarily dry items underwater, such as a lighter.
  • Water Solidification: Percy can harden water into an almost solid shape. He can use this power to walk on water, by increasing the surface tension of the water to the point where it is solid enough for him to stand on, and water constructs. So far, he has demonstrated creating a strong water shield, and on two instances inThe Son of Neptune, he hardened the water into giant hands that followed and imitated the movements of his own hands. In the movie, he also formed a trident made of hardened water.

Sailing Skills: Percy possesses an intimate awareness of any ship he is on (sailing ships, canoes, motorboats, possibly submarines); being able to telekinetically operate one (as well as anything related to the ocean) because he has perfect bearings on the ocean, he can easily navigate his way at sea.

Communication: Percy has divine authority over and can talk (normally and telepathically) to equines and sea creatures who mainly treat him with deference and lordly respect. He can also speak to other children of Poseidon underwater (seen in The Sea of Monsters, in a conversation with Tyson).

Aerokinesis: Percy can summon hurricanes and other types of storms, but the extent to which he can control them is as of yet unknown. By the events of The Son of Neptune he is able to sustain the storm with less effort than his first use of the skill against the Titan Hyperion, although it still drains him over time.

Geokinesis: Percy can generate earthquakes and (consequently) cause volcanic eruptions, but his control of this technique is less than that of a child of Hades.

Cryokinesis: Percy can use cryokinesis to a small degree. He is able to use the ice and snow around him to make an icy hurricane, as he does during the battle in Alaska in The Son Of Neptune. He can also manipulate frozen or icy water around him, demonstrated during his interrupted fight with Thalia in The Titan's Curse.

Heat Resistance: Percy has as far higher than normal resistance to heat and burns, similar to that of a cyclops, due to his father's oceanic nature. He was able to survive being engulfed by lava thrown by the telekhines, though it began to get more painful the longer he was in contact with it, as well not being killed by the superheated steam from the eruption of Mount Saint Helens.

Miscellaneous: While fighting the Furies on his first quest, Percy uses a random bout of Latin, telling his former pre-algebra teacher, Mrs. Dodds, (the Fury Alecto) "Braccas meas vescimini!" (Eat my pants!) This may be attributed to his time learning Latin under Chiron, then known as Mr. Brunner.

I just want to make the battle fair here. Now I guess I don't need to list thor's powers since everybody knows them.

WOW O_O 10/10 for effort..

I have wanted to make a percy thread for a while, but i was thinking him VS Aquaman..

Problem for Percy is Lightning is conducted by water which effectively puts that out of play for.

Also I can't remember with the Achilles heel did it have to pierce his skin or does just blunt impact work?

All precy's hurricanes and winds are nullified and pointless against someone who can is God of Thunder (and weather tbh)

#17 Posted by soundgarden (109 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thunder God.

#18 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps so hard. He moves too fast for Percy to react. Not only that, Percy's feat of holding up the sky is generally irrelevant, as the weight of the sky isn't quantifiable in any way, and he has shown no really good strength feats other than that. If Thor simply zaps him with lightning, it courses through his entire body, hitting his Achilles' heel.

#19 Posted by fluffypigeons (259 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#20 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit said:

Percy wins this. In strength alone he would be able to match/beat Thor i mean he was holding the Sky right. If Thor is affected by Medusa's head he is fighting this fight blind. In this battle he has the Golden Fleece with should protect him of enough damage from Thor's Lightning.

Yes percy was holding the sky. I don't see a strength feat bigger than that. I mean people always ignore the feat by saying "it's not quantified" but we know better, no one can have a better feat like this.

#21 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@niBBit said:

Percy wins this. In strength alone he would be able to match/beat Thor i mean he was holding the Sky right. If Thor is affected by Medusa's head he is fighting this fight blind. In this battle he has the Golden Fleece with should protect him of enough damage from Thor's Lightning.

Yes percy was holding the sky. I don't see a strength feat bigger than that. I mean people always ignore the feat by saying "it's not quantified" but we know better, no one can have a better feat like this.

You know better how? Define the sky. As a layer of the atmosphere composed of gas? Hell, i could do that. It's not a good feat. It's a horrible one, and one that doesn't in any way give us a gauge of Percy's strength. I've read every Percy Jackson book to date, and his strength is pathetic compared to the Thunder God's.

#22 Posted by niBBit (736 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles: Witch of the two did Atlas hold: the planet witch alot of art has shown or as the wiki suggests holding the Celestial Spheres.

Read in the section - Punishment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_(mythology)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_spheres

#23 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit: If he held it, he had to be grounded, with a force of gravity weighing down on him, for him to be actually lifting the planet. Also, he had to be large enough for him to hold the planet without being affected by its gravitational pull as well. Percy can no more hold up the planet than i can. Your point is yet again invalid. In any case, i went to the link you posted and got this.

When the Titans were defeated, many of them (including Menoetius) were confined to Tartarus, but Zeus condemned Atlas to stand at the western edge of Gaia (the Earth) and hold up Uranus (the Sky) on his shoulders,

It clearly states that Atlas stood on the earth and held up the sky, which as i said, is nothing but gas.

#24 Edited by niBBit (736 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles: Like i posted before it could also be that Atlas was holding the Celestial Spheres, would that make things different?

EDIT: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080220220257AA9Qqst if what the wiki and these people say its true than Atlas is holding the weight of Stars and Planets right?

#25 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit: Not really, because it still doesn't make sense for Percy to hold up a celestial sphere of any sort. The feat is still moot, unfortunately.

#26 Posted by niBBit (736 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles: Maybe you didn't read but i just edited my previous post sorry for the delay but, if the wiki is true and what these people say is true Atlas is holding the weight of Planets and Stars right? how can it still be moot, that strength feat alone is far greater than Thor's.

#27 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit: Greek mythology has never expressly detailed anything. Much is left for us to figure out what they were trying to say, so there is again nothing concrete about it. Atlas could have held up a celestial sphere as much as it could have been the sky. In either case, the Atlas in the Percy Jackson novels, while still technically the same as the Atlas in classic Greek mythology, isn't exactly the same in the same way Captain America isn't the same as Ultimate Captain America. Same character, different universe. Percy's feat can only be quantified in terms of what is detailed in the book, which frankly, is nothing. It describes his torment whilst holding the sky, but it never truly defines what the sky actually is. So again, it's not a feat that holds any weight.

#28 Posted by 202122 (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR WRECKS LIKE TOM HANKS RUINS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT DANCE SCENE AT THE END OF TROPIC THUNDER

#29 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@niBBit: Greek mythology has never expressly detailed anything. Much is left for us to figure out what they were trying to say, so there is again nothing concrete about it. Atlas could have held up a celestial sphere as much as it could have been the sky. In either case, the Atlas in the Percy Jackson novels, while still technically the same as the Atlas in classic Greek mythology, isn't exactly the same in the same way Captain America isn't the same as Ultimate Captain America. Same character, different universe. Percy's feat can only be quantified in terms of what is detailed in the book, which frankly, is nothing. It describes his torment whilst holding the sky, but it never truly defines what the sky actually is. So again, it's not a feat that holds any weight.

One must understand the terminology used in greek mythology: Atlas holds the cosmos since the sky is everything except earth. And earth is more important than the sky in greek mythology that is why he can lift it and be on earth. Earth Gaia created the sky.

The Titanes were eventually deposed by Zeus and cast into the pit of Tartaros. Hesiod describes this as a void located beneath the foundations of all, where earth, sea and sky have their roots. Here the Titanes shift in cosmological terms from being holders of heaven to bearers of the entire cosmos. According to Pindar and Aeschylus (in his lost play Prometheus Unbound) the Titanes were eventually released from the pit through the clemency of Zeus.

As you can see it is stated millions of times, and this is directly from the best source of greek mythology.

#30 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@JediWaffles said:

@niBBit: Greek mythology has never expressly detailed anything. Much is left for us to figure out what they were trying to say, so there is again nothing concrete about it. Atlas could have held up a celestial sphere as much as it could have been the sky. In either case, the Atlas in the Percy Jackson novels, while still technically the same as the Atlas in classic Greek mythology, isn't exactly the same in the same way Captain America isn't the same as Ultimate Captain America. Same character, different universe. Percy's feat can only be quantified in terms of what is detailed in the book, which frankly, is nothing. It describes his torment whilst holding the sky, but it never truly defines what the sky actually is. So again, it's not a feat that holds any weight.

One must understand the terminology used in greek mythology: Atlas holds the cosmos since the sky is everything except earth. And earth is more important than the sky in greek mythology that is why he can lift it and be on earth. Earth Gaia created the sky.

The Titanes were eventually deposed by Zeus and cast into the pit of Tartaros. Hesiod describes this as a void located beneath the foundations of all, where earth, sea and sky have their roots. Here the Titanes shift in cosmological terms from being holders of heaven to bearers of the entire cosmos. According to Pindar and Aeschylus (in his lost play Prometheus Unbound) the Titanes were eventually released from the pit through the clemency of Zeus.

As you can see it is stated millions of times, and this is directly from the best source of greek mythology.

Again, you can't base it off classic Greek mythology because it isn't Greek mythology. It's fiction based off it. You have to think of things in terms of the Percy Jackson universe, which doesn't detail the feat in terms that can be comparable to anything Thor can do.

#31 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (3684 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Thor smashes him just like Thor's movie smashed his crap movie in the box office.

#32 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@kingkronos said:

@JediWaffles said:

@niBBit: Greek mythology has never expressly detailed anything. Much is left for us to figure out what they were trying to say, so there is again nothing concrete about it. Atlas could have held up a celestial sphere as much as it could have been the sky. In either case, the Atlas in the Percy Jackson novels, while still technically the same as the Atlas in classic Greek mythology, isn't exactly the same in the same way Captain America isn't the same as Ultimate Captain America. Same character, different universe. Percy's feat can only be quantified in terms of what is detailed in the book, which frankly, is nothing. It describes his torment whilst holding the sky, but it never truly defines what the sky actually is. So again, it's not a feat that holds any weight.

One must understand the terminology used in greek mythology: Atlas holds the cosmos since the sky is everything except earth. And earth is more important than the sky in greek mythology that is why he can lift it and be on earth. Earth Gaia created the sky.

The Titanes were eventually deposed by Zeus and cast into the pit of Tartaros. Hesiod describes this as a void located beneath the foundations of all, where earth, sea and sky have their roots. Here the Titanes shift in cosmological terms from being holders of heaven to bearers of the entire cosmos. According to Pindar and Aeschylus (in his lost play Prometheus Unbound) the Titanes were eventually released from the pit through the clemency of Zeus.

As you can see it is stated millions of times, and this is directly from the best source of greek mythology.

Again, you can't base it off classic Greek mythology because it isn't Greek mythology. It's fiction based off it. You have to think of things in terms of the Percy Jackson universe, which doesn't detail the feat in terms that can be comparable to anything Thor can do.

Ok, but still holding the sky is impressive. And percy can only be killed in his achilles' heel which is a dot in his back. He can control weather, storms, hurricanes, earth, practically anything....

And read his equipments, I know that a regular percy won't have a chance against thor. So I added his best equipments: Achilles' hell, his sword that can injure gods, medusa's head that can petrify thor, etc........ And the area they are fighting is in percy's advantage. Also you should know that percy is very fast.....

#33 Posted by AweSam (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

THOR WRECKS LIKE TOM HANKS RUINS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT DANCE SCENE AT THE END OF TROPIC THUNDER

You're thinking of Tom Cruise.

#34 Posted by MrPhil123 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Please learn that comic Thor is in a completely different league. You should have used movie Thor instead.

"Very fast"? His speed feats pail in comparison to Thor's. The head of Medusa would likely be a trinket against the likes of Thor.

#35 Posted by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@202122 said:

THOR WRECKS LIKE TOM HANKS RUINS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT DANCE SCENE AT THE END OF TROPIC THUNDER

You're thinking of Tom Cruise.

Tom Hanks NEVER ruins anything!

#36 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPhil123: I know exactly where comic thor stands. And that is why I gave percy many adventages. Movie thor would get stomped in seconds. In this fight percy has the achille's heel meaning he cannot be killed except in a small spot in his back. How can thor stomp him easily. Go read the OP to see what other things percy has.

Percy can see bullets when he is outside of water, This battle takes place in an area filled with water, moreover the achille's heel gives him even more speed. So calculate his speed and you'll see that he can match thor's speed.

#37 Posted by MrPhil123 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@AweSam said:

@202122 said:

THOR WRECKS LIKE TOM HANKS RUINS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT DANCE SCENE AT THE END OF TROPIC THUNDER

You're thinking of Tom Cruise.

Tom Hanks NEVER ruins anything!

This.

@kingkronos: Thor can throw his hammer at speeds faster than light. Percy isn't matching him at all.

The achille's heel will do squat when he's being hit all over by lightning.

#38 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPhil123 said:

@Jayfournines said:

@AweSam said:

@202122 said:

THOR WRECKS LIKE TOM HANKS RUINS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT DANCE SCENE AT THE END OF TROPIC THUNDER

You're thinking of Tom Cruise.

Tom Hanks NEVER ruins anything!

This.

@kingkronos: Thor can throw his hammer at speeds faster than light. Percy isn't matching him at all.

The achille's heel will do squat when he's being hit all over by lightning.

Yes I know that thor can throw the hammer at light speed. But that won't do any good when percy has complete immunity to any attack, except for a small dot on his back. And percy has aerokinesis, goekinesis, cryokinesis, hydrokinesis (he can even solidify water), can make powerful shields of water that are solid. etc....

#39 Posted by Nefarious (28029 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor one-shots him.

#40 Edited by MrPhil123 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@MrPhil123 said:

@Jayfournines said:

@AweSam said:

@202122 said:

THOR WRECKS LIKE TOM HANKS RUINS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT DANCE SCENE AT THE END OF TROPIC THUNDER

You're thinking of Tom Cruise.

Tom Hanks NEVER ruins anything!

This.

@kingkronos: Thor can throw his hammer at speeds faster than light. Percy isn't matching him at all.

The achille's heel will do squat when he's being hit all over by lightning.

Yes I know that thor can throw the hammer at light speed. But that won't do any good when percy has complete immunity to any attack, except for a small dot on his back. And percy has aerokinesis, goekinesis, cryokinesis, hydrokinesis (he can even solidify water), can make powerful shields of water that are solid. etc....

Actually, he can't be killed by it; that is very different to having complete immunity to it. Powerful shields of water you say?! Thor must be shi**ing bricks.

But wait...he can even solidify water?! You mean like my freezer?!

Thor throws his hammer at Percy, knocking him out or at least sending him flying. He then calls down a thunderbolt and drives it into Percy, ruining him. The end. Alternatively Thor throws him into the sun.

Percy is getting stomped here, deal with it.

#41 Posted by Primarch (634 posts) - - Show Bio

More information concering this amazing achilles heel curse:

"The most obvious weakness is the mortal spot the person chooses, as it remains the only place that can be injured. If this spot is even slightly injured, the person will die immediately.

The less obvious weakness is a secondary function - in addition to gaining invulnerability, someone with the Curse of Achilles also gains extreme physical powers - heightened strength and reflexes - and a body that almost automatically fights. However, this places an enormous amount of stress on the body, requiring a warrior under the curse to be careful not to over-exert himself, which happens more quickly than before. Chiron said that Achilles himself took about twenty naps a day--it sometimes seemed that when Achilles wasn't fighting, he was either sleeping or eating. This means someone under the curse will tire fighting quicker than someone who isn't; meaning they could be neutralized by being put in a position where they must fight, and making sure their enemies are expendable. It is also mentioned that a person under the curse will have certain emotions or behaviors enhanced, normally having to do with their fatal flaw. One major weakness is that while you are immune to weapons you can still be killed by poisoning, burning, drowning, asphyxiation(lack of oxygen), strangling, electrocution, diseases, starvation, and frostbite.

As a Greek blessing, according to Juno, it can be removed when entering Roman territory. This leaves the bearer of the curse vunerable to attacks."

The big problem with this achilles heel thing is that if his weak spot is injured even slightly he'll die instantly, according to the wiki where you got the rest of the information in the OP at least.

If Thor drops a lightning bolt even once, its going to zap the entirety of Percy and kill him, even if Thor doesn't intend to kill him.

#42 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPhil123 said:

@kingkronos said:

@MrPhil123 said:

@Jayfournines said:

@AweSam said:

@202122 said:

THOR WRECKS LIKE TOM HANKS RUINS EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT DANCE SCENE AT THE END OF TROPIC THUNDER

You're thinking of Tom Cruise.

Tom Hanks NEVER ruins anything!

This.

@kingkronos: Thor can throw his hammer at speeds faster than light. Percy isn't matching him at all.

The achille's heel will do squat when he's being hit all over by lightning.

Yes I know that thor can throw the hammer at light speed. But that won't do any good when percy has complete immunity to any attack, except for a small dot on his back. And percy has aerokinesis, goekinesis, cryokinesis, hydrokinesis (he can even solidify water), can make powerful shields of water that are solid. etc....

Actually, he can't be killed by it; that is very different to having complete immunity to it. Powerful shields of water you say?! Thor must be shi**ing bricks.

But wait...he can even solidify water?! You mean like my freezer?!

Thor throws his hammer at Percy, knocking him out or at least sending him flying. He then calls down a thunderbolt and drives it into Percy, ruining him. The end. Alternatively Thor throws him into the sun.

Percy is getting stomped here, deal with it.

Yes powerful shields that can block hyperion's photokinesis who would shit on thor's lightning. His photokinesis was unable to be seen, no demigod was able to look at it. So percy conjured his shield. Yes solidifying water is impressive since it will be very affective in damaging the opponent and deflect attacks.

Thor's puny hammer will be knocked of percy's body. Yes but I guess a thor fanboy like you won't listen, since you are close minded and you can't except the fact that percy would be a challenge for thor............

#43 Posted by MrPhil123 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: You're the one acting like a fanboy.

>Try to buff up a relatively weak character so he can take on a high-tier hero

>Said high-tier hero is proven to outclass the weak character

>Accuse others of being fanboys for pointing this out.

Seems fair enough.

Creating a wall of ice would do squat against a FTL hammer toss, you realise that right? Thor would effortlessly smash through anything Percy could conjure.

Shit on Thor's lightning you say? What has Hyperion's photokinesis ever actually done?

And calling Thor's hammer puny just shows how deluded you are, no need to get butthurt about poor percy getting his ass handed to him.

#44 Posted by AweSam (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Thor could hit him in the head. I don't know if you know, but Achilles Heel Curse is limited. It makes him invulnerable, bot invincible. Thor too has invulnerability.

#45 Posted by kingkronos (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPhil123: Nope, I'm not a fanboy of percy..........

Yeah percy is a weak character, now you're making sense.....

His shields were able to block hyperion's photokinesis. And read about how powerful hyperion is. He is the god of light, and yet percy took down his light with his hydeokinesis. Now that is impressive.

And you don't need to act like a smart ass, because you don't know anything about percy. Now when you do, come back and see how thor will "stomp" him.

#46 Posted by rolldestroyer (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

ive read all the percy jackson books and especially with achilies curse and with water percy should win here although with extreme difficulty i mean percy near water is nigh invincible he also can control the earth and the weather and air which thor can too, but near water percy wins since he is a master of hydrokinesis he can make literally anything out of water and i mean it like shields,croyokinesis you name it,but if it werent near the water i have to say that thor slaughters percy

#47 Edited by MrPhil123 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: You sure? You're acting like one.

As you yourself have stated in Supernatural threads, the powers of "gods" vary massively in different series. Therefore unless you actually tell me what Hyperion has done in terms of feats, Percy beating him is meaningless.

That's what I'm asking you for, what feats do they have? Because at the moment, given what has been shown, Thor would stomp him. I have not read the books (I watched the film, that was about it), but I have read up on it on various sites and know enough to say that Percy isn't in the same league.

For instance, you still haven't given a valid response to my earlier example; what is Percy going to be able to do against a magic hammer moving FTL? Because from what you've said his reaction speed isn't close to dealing with it, and even if he could, what the strongest attack that his water shields have repelled? It's no good saying he has these defenses unless you tell us how strong they are.

#48 Posted by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

I still gotta ask...how viable is putting a water based character against a lightning based character...wouldn't Percy's water be ridiculously electrified by Thor?

#49 Posted by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primarch said:

More information concering this amazing achilles heel curse:

"The most obvious weakness is the mortal spot the person chooses, as it remains the only place that can be injured. If this spot is even slightly injured, the person will die immediately.

The less obvious weakness is a secondary function - in addition to gaining invulnerability, someone with the Curse of Achilles also gains extreme physical powers - heightened strength and reflexes - and a body that almost automatically fights. However, this places an enormous amount of stress on the body, requiring a warrior under the curse to be careful not to over-exert himself, which happens more quickly than before. Chiron said that Achilles himself took about twenty naps a day--it sometimes seemed that when Achilles wasn't fighting, he was either sleeping or eating. This means someone under the curse will tire fighting quicker than someone who isn't; meaning they could be neutralized by being put in a position where they must fight, and making sure their enemies are expendable. It is also mentioned that a person under the curse will have certain emotions or behaviors enhanced, normally having to do with their fatal flaw. One major weakness is that while you are immune to weapons you can still be killed by poisoning, burning, drowning, asphyxiation(lack of oxygen), strangling, electrocution, diseases, starvation, and frostbite.

As a Greek blessing, according to Juno, it can be removed when entering Roman territory. This leaves the bearer of the curse vunerable to attacks."

The big problem with this achilles heel thing is that if his weak spot is injured even slightly he'll die instantly, according to the wiki where you got the rest of the information in the OP at least.

If Thor drops a lightning bolt even once, its going to zap the entirety of Percy and kill him, even if Thor doesn't intend to kill him.

I hadn't read this, killed by electrocution...Thor definitely wins.

#50 Posted by primepower53 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy is overwanked here