Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Fight takes place on a beach near sea water. Namor is allowed trident and Percy Jackson his sword. Each's weapons can harm other. Namor is not allowed flight and each is at his best ten ft away from each other with no prep.
Who wins?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ChaosBlazer

? really? namor picks percy up and rips him in half. Namor is in the 100 ton strength class, percy is a skinny teenager. namor is also definitely more skilled with the trident. sorry but this is a massive curbstomp, not a very good matchup at all

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Namor curbstomp. For reasons already stated.

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Boneawl

Namor. This can be considered spite.

Namor, in his classic days has shown to throw a spear at the speed of thought with pin point accuracy.

Namor wouldn't even need a trident for this. He has man handled Wolverine before, doubt he's gonna have trouble with Percy Jackson

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediWaffles

Percy...Jackson. Really. Stompstompstompstomp

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@JediWaffles said:

I'm guessing there's more to the character in the novels than what was shown in the film?
JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediWaffles

@Illuminatus said:

@JediWaffles said:

I'm guessing there's more to the character in the novels than what was shown in the film?

Nah, i'm saying Percy gets stomped haha. He has control over water and mediocre fighting skills. At one point though, he was blessed with invulnerability, and incredible h2h. So it depends on what aspect we're talking about. Pre-gifted Percy gets destroyed, gifted Percy might last a bit longer, but still has no way of beating Namor.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TAneT62

Percy has a chance ... he's the child of a powerful god, poseidon, he can manipulate water, breath underwater, control it at his will, he kinda has Aquaman's powers in talking to sea creatures, he would probably call on them, though if the fight was in the sea. If it was though percy would have the upper hand.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@JediWaffles said:

@Illuminatus said:

@JediWaffles said:

Nah, i'm saying Percy gets stomped haha. He has control over water and mediocre fighting skills. At one point though, he was blessed with invulnerability, and incredible h2h. So it depends on what aspect we're talking about. Pre-gifted Percy gets destroyed, gifted Percy might last a bit longer, but still has no way of beating Namor.

Oh, I see. Interesting, nonetheless.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Namor easily.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sherlock
@Illuminatus said:
@JediWaffles said:

The movie was god aweful.Percy really doesnt have feats to put him on Namors level though.Though he did hold up the sky for a few seconds.Personally i dont think Namor could manage that
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dark Cloud™

@Sherlock said:

@Illuminatus said:
@JediWaffles said:

The movie was god aweful.Percy really doesnt have feats to put him on Namors level though.Though he did hold up the sky for a few seconds.Personally i dont think Namor could manage that

How about, while submerged, lifting the weight of the ocean?

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sherlock
@Dark Cloud™: Wait...what....????First off how can you lift the ocean second how can you do it while being in the ocean?That makes no sense to me maybe im missing something
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dark Cloud™

@Sherlock said:

@Dark Cloud™: Wait...what....????First off how can you lift the ocean second how can you do it while being in the ocean?That makes no sense to me maybe im missing something

I know, I was throwing randomness out there. I was meaning, say, if Namor was underwater, but able to lift an object as heavy as the ocean. Sort of like how Atlas holds the Heavens.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sherlock
@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Sherlock said:

I know, I was throwing randomness out there. I was meaning, say, if Namor was underwater, but able to lift an object as heavy as the ocean. Sort of like how Atlas holds the Heavens.

I still dont see what your getting at.Namor is confirmed class 100 and the ocean weighs a lot more than that (Im tired so im not picking up on much randomness sorry)
In the Olympians stories Atlas gave the heavens to Artemis who in turn gave it to Percy.So Percy holding up the heavens is exactly like Atlas doing so...just not for as long
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Sherlock: Namor's best strength feat underwater that I recall is lifting an oil tanker for a brief period of time and struggled doing so if that gives you any insight on how strong he is at max. Not to mention underwater there is a buoyancy factor.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sherlock
@god_spawn: I know how strong Namor is im only saying i dont think he can hold up the heavens like Atlas does.Im also by no means saying Percy wins
Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor wins still,someone comparing Percy to Wolverine and call him a skinny teanager make me sick .when'll people stop talking about stuff they never read?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lady_liberty

Namor should be able to close the distance, and put his greater strength and combat skill to use.

He wins.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@war of light_2814: i have read the books, and he is a skinny teenager. He is pretty good with a sword, but he is not near namor's level. If i over-exaggerated i apologize, but percy has no strength feats outside of water that put him at metahuman levels. Namor is a class 100, in and out of water. and holding up the sky wasn't really strength of body as much as strength of soul, im pretty sure. either way this is a curbstomp.

@BlueLantern1995: since namor is a mix of human and atlantean, he can retain his powers on land as well. his powers do diminish slowly the longer he is out of water though. and percy really isnt strong enough or skilled enough to KO someone like namor.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JediWaffles

@BlueLantern1995 said:

I don't think this is a spite. And while I agree Namor wins, I think( as the current version) he stands a chance at holding Namor back, Percy seems to have the ability to defeat more powerful opponents. Each's strengths and weaknesses are based on the same thing and if( and Percy has done this in the past), he kept dodging attacks(especially in water), I don't think Namor could easilly beat him( especially with no flight). Besides if Percy really played it smart he wouldn't even go in the water and just fight Namor for a while not getting tired( its one of his greatest powers), and just slowly wait for Namor's strength to zap. Besides Percy has some really cool feats. He caused Mt. St. Helens to erupt( I think it was that one anway) and he cause that explosion to really damage the area. This is not a spite and while I believe Namor wins, Percy does stand a chance cause he can move faster, have faster clarity etc. when near water...where from last I remembered, Namor has to be in the water. Combined facts of Hydrokinesis and his water induced abilities I think make him a perfect match for Namor. Remember Captain America wouldn't win most fights based on powers...he'd lose most, but we don't just include strength feats( though they are important), we also count his other abilities including powers, skills, etc. Most powers of Namor are based in the sea. So if Percy kept Namor on the land, Percy could keep Namor on land and still stay strong and wait for Namor to drain in strength and then go for the KO.

Yeah, but that was pretty stupid, if i remember correctly. He brought forth all the water in the area, o something of the sort, which caused an eruption. It made no sense, whatsoever.

@Sherlock said:

@Illuminatus said:
@JediWaffles said:

Although he did hold the sky up, there is not a single other feat of his which shows he has even a fraction of that strength. I think his 'love for Annabeth" kept the sky on his shoulders that long.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Havenless

So hold up, I get Percy is not getting his due... but how would he do anything to Namor. Hurt him... with water? Namor can last in slugfests with the incredible Hulk, with Thor, with Juggernaut. So unless Percy outranks the strongest Earth-based characters Marvel has, what on Earth could he possibly do that would ever hurt Namor?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

Namor.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By cascadeking09

@BlueLantern1995: Movie version or the book?

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChaosBlazer:

It wasn't like that Percy never kill Minotaur by tore his horn out of his head and stab hime with it,beat a cyclops with his barehand and get smack around by superhuman opponents througout the entire series without receive serious injury. He's superhuman with or without water.

Edit:I'm mistaken,he use his sword when he fight polyphemus.and I never said he's on par with namor whatever it's just that calling him "skinny teenager" is clear underselling about holding up the sky both luke and annabeth has done that so I won't take it seriously either.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JediWaffles

Oh, and Percy's only real weapon is his sword. Which only works on mythical beings like Minotaurs and the like. Whoopdeedoo

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By venomyak

@JediWaffles said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

I don't think this is a spite. And while I agree Namor wins, I think( as the current version) he stands a chance at holding Namor back, Percy seems to have the ability to defeat more powerful opponents. Each's strengths and weaknesses are based on the same thing and if( and Percy has done this in the past), he kept dodging attacks(especially in water), I don't think Namor could easilly beat him( especially with no flight). Besides if Percy really played it smart he wouldn't even go in the water and just fight Namor for a while not getting tired( its one of his greatest powers), and just slowly wait for Namor's strength to zap. Besides Percy has some really cool feats. He caused Mt. St. Helens to erupt( I think it was that one anway) and he cause that explosion to really damage the area. This is not a spite and while I believe Namor wins, Percy does stand a chance cause he can move faster, have faster clarity etc. when near water...where from last I remembered, Namor has to be in the water. Combined facts of Hydrokinesis and his water induced abilities I think make him a perfect match for Namor. Remember Captain America wouldn't win most fights based on powers...he'd lose most, but we don't just include strength feats( though they are important), we also count his other abilities including powers, skills, etc. Most powers of Namor are based in the sea. So if Percy kept Namor on the land, Percy could keep Namor on land and still stay strong and wait for Namor to drain in strength and then go for the KO.

Yeah, but that was pretty stupid, if i remember correctly. He brought forth all the water in the area, o something of the sort, which caused an eruption. It made no sense, whatsoever.

@Sherlock said:

@Illuminatus said:
@JediWaffles said:

Although he did hold the sky up, there is not a single other feat of his which shows he has even a fraction of that strength. I think his 'love for Annabeth" kept the sky on his shoulders that long.

He was able to make Mt. St. Helens erupt because Poseidon is the god of earthquakes. When he was submerged in lava he tried to summon water but their was no water nearby so he ended up creating an earthquake instead and the earthquake set off Mt. St. Helens,

Riptide should be able to hurt Namor since so far the only thing it has been shown not to cut is humans.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bo88gdan

Namor

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By ImmortalOne

Namor destroys Percy.

Then Poseidon gets mad and kills Namor.

So technically, Percy wins.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By X_insignia1

namor, he has the advantage with speed/strength despite percy's water manipulative abilities ( i've only seen the movies) so forgive anything i'm missing

but also, isn't namor supposedly a descendant of poseidon? or maybe i'm wrong

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeanroygrant

@ChaosBlazer said:

? really? namor picks percy up and rips him in half. Namor is in the 100 ton strength class, percy is a skinny teenager. namor is also definitely more skilled with the trident. sorry but this is a massive curbstomp, not a very good matchup at all

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By venomyak

Percy could beat Namor. Namor would win most of the time but Percy is extremely hard to kill, I mean come on he literally fought any army that couldn't die and was still able to take down a giant bred to kill Posieden soon afterwards.

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As tough as Namor is, Percy has the abilities that surpass Namor that are not strength-related. He essentially has a "healing factor" and when under-water, has healed from falls at great heights, multiple stab wounds, electric charge blasts, cuts, ect. He is also seen literally summoning water from the air (Battle of Labrynth, Last Olympian, and Mark of Athena.) And can solidify water into a shield. He has on at least two occasions, created a whirlwind hurricane and launched a titan across Centeral Park. He doesn't have the strength to beat namor, but can still kill him easily due to his stronger powers.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, percy is no joke but namor will overpower him, 99/100 of the times.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

Namor everytime.

doctor98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By doctor98

Namor stomp

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As tough as Namor is, Percy has the abilities that surpass Namor that are not strength-related. He essentially has a "healing factor" and when under-water, has healed from falls at great heights, multiple stab wounds, electric charge blasts, cuts, ect. He is also seen literally summoning water from the air (Battle of Labrynth, Last Olympian, and Mark of Athena.) And can solidify water into a shield. He has on at least two occasions, created a whirlwind hurricane and launched a titan across Centeral Park. He doesn't have the strength to beat namor, but can still kill him easily due to his stronger powers.

Namor has survived being stabbed in the Heart while no where near water,

Also when Wolverine stabs him in the Heart/ cuts his heart in half, Namor jumps in a pool and comes out seconds later fully healed. Namor's healing factor is far superior.

Also none of those powers would be able to kill Namor.

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At best means Percy had Styx amp so he stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How exactly? Pretty sure Namor fights the likes of Hulk and Iron Man.

How the hell will Percy hurt him?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

All Styx Percy did was beat up undead fodder and match a nerfed Titan with stats no where near Namor. Still a mismatch.

Could be worse.

There are people at OBD that sincerely think that Styx Percy is sub relativistic with moon level dc...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Pretty sure that even if you take it literally, Thor should be way stronger.

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iSoupreme

@isoupreme said:

How exactly? Pretty sure Namor fights the likes of Hulk and Iron Man.

How the hell will Percy hurt him?

I was on phone, typed too fast, but I didn't mean he stomps.

Anywho: Percy has been shown to cleave fountains and trees in half, that should account for at least some damage. His water powers (I dunno about Namor) have been shown to break out of spells and he's a master at it enough to break out of oceanwater while in the domain of an enemy god. Styx amp makes him completely invulnerable to physical damage except for one spot on his back, which only like 2-3 people know about, including himself. At best it's stalemate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isoupreme: Namor takes hits from Iron Man, Hulk and Thor, and keeps fighting. These guys' casual striking power is so above trees and fountains that is not even funny.

And I think the Styx amp doesn't make him completely invulnerable. If he was, then why bother blocking Kronos attacks with the sword? Why Kronos would block his attacks? And he seemed pretty helpless when Hermes was going to attack him, that makes me think that enough power can break his skin.

And I'm quite sure that Namor is strong enough to toss him in space.

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isoupreme: Namor takes hits from Iron Man, Hulk and Thor, and keeps fighting. These guys' casual striking power is so above trees and fountains that is not even funny.

Still, it should at the very least-- forget it.

And I think the Styx amp doesn't make him completely invulnerable. If he was, then why bother blocking Kronos attacks with the sword? Why Kronos would block his attacks? And he seemed pretty helpless when Hermes was going to attack him, that makes me think that enough power can break his skin.

He had to defeat Kronos in battle, he wasn't going to just stand there and let himself get hit. It doesn't work like that either, he still gets knocked back and stuff. As for Hermes, that's godly magic. Percy is immune to physical damage, not energy/lightning/magic etc.

And I'm quite sure that Namor is strong enough to toss him in space.

Fair enough