#201 Posted by joewell (6599 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: Well no. And really? I can give you a link to it online if you want it. Have you read the other KC books?

#202 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak: He can block the stupefy even while dodging. Plus he would move fast enough to avoid both. Imperturable doesn't allow you to breathe underwater.

#203 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: I have read and am in possession of all the KC books. Except well Son of Sobek.

I would appreciate the link

#204 Edited by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim Let's be realistic. Harry casts Confringo or Expulso. Most likely, though Percy knows he's a wizard, he wouldn't know all the spells Harry could do. Percy would obviously be surprised to see that the thing/object near him explodes. He'll most likely dodge by jumping away. Harry could take that opportunity by casting Stupefy, Petrificus Totalus, or, heck, Expelliarmus. As seen in both the book and movie, Prisoner of Azkaban, when Harry casted Expelliarmus at Snape, he was pushed back by the spell, and knocked out; Expelliarmus means, in latin, to, "expel, or banish."

I never said a thing about Imperturable being allowed to breathe underwater. I said it repels. Hermione casted that in the PoA during the storm for Harry would be able to see in the rain. It repels water.

#205 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak: Lets be realistic Harry points his wand at Percy to cast confringo or expulso and gets knock unconscious. Harry is too slow, can't react. The end. Even if it hits Percy has tanked worse and he can just heal himself.

#206 Posted by joewell (6599 posts) - - Show Bio
#207 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: Alright, then. Elaborate on how Percy would be able to knock Harry Potter unconscious. If Harry, say, in the beginning of the battle, waits for Percy to create, "gale force winds" or whatever. He can cast Protego. Once Percy realises that he cannot attack Harry if he's inside the shield, he's obviously going to stop. I am, by no means, calling Percy stupid; Harry should, and could cast Confringo or Expulso. It'll, indeed, surprise Percy.

Harry has been known--not only him, but the Order, Ron, Hermione, etc--to cast spells extremely quickly. If not, how was he able to cast Expelliarmus so soon? You don't have to draw out the word, you know. You can say it extremely fast, and indeed, it will be casted.

Let me remind you, that Harry impressed the Order, and even some Aurors, (Tonks, Kingsley, and I believe even Mad-Eye--claimed to be one of the best ex-Aurors in the business.) he also defeated many Death Eaters during the Battle of the DoM. The Death Eaters, presumably, endured extreme torture through the Dark Lord; they were obviously highly trained, as Death Eaters, on numerous accounts, were able to take down highly trained Aurors. Harry was also in D.A., and was able to teach even Hermione Granger, who was known for being the, "smartest witch of her generation."

I think Harry would know hexes, jinxes, curses, etc. I don't think, during Percy's duel with Harry, he would ever get exhausted, depending on what they were dueling for.

#208 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Check my Avatar for the winner.

#209 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: Yes, because of your opinion, without a rant or explanation, automatically makes it. Can you elaborate on why/how, like how Morgrim is and other Percy Jackson fan is? This is, and I must agree with @morgrim on this one--this is a tight, yet fun argument! One of my best on the internet!

#210 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

@alohomoracloak: @joewell: Carter isn't exactly "human" now is he? (Also no spoilers I haven't read son of sobek yet.)

He has blocked a volley of arrows and he only got hit because he was fighting someone else at the time

He made the volcano erupt as a result of the earthquake he caused Hephastus mentioned it. And I was only mentioning the extents of his powers. He wouldn't cause such a large scale quake in this fight.

Incendio would be useless. Seeing as Percy took a lava bath in the middle of a volcano and it wasn't till the third shower of lava or should

I saw magma that things became (uncomfortably warm).

And so what if he was angry he was 11 years old with no training his anger just brought out his potential he still has the power to kill a minatour and ever since then he has just gotten stronger.

...he's like a supergod. lol.

#211 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: Your welcome ;)

As you may know, Percy Jackson has completed labors, labors whom Hercules had done, including Lifting the sky! But that's not all, he's been able to outmuscle Kronos, titans, and gaiants in the PJ verse.

He's block bullets with his sword, he's tanked lighting with ease.

He cause a massive earthquake that ruptured 1/3 of the US.

So unless Harry Plopper has some of those feats up his sleeve.... My Avatar speaks the truth!

#212 Edited by joewell (6599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: Wait wait wait, I see wanking here

He didn't lift the sky, he held it. And he almost died, and it wasn't for a day like Herc, it was for a couple mins. And outmuscle? No. He held his own in close combat in a human body. If he was in full form he even said himself he would have been destroyed.

He blocked a bullet and the lightning wasn't with ease.

Then he passed out for multiple weeks and would have died without what's her name.

Come on now, we both know he isn't above high street level

And my avatar is better :P

#213 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Wait, wait, wait I see low balling here

Hercules did it for a few minutes too, not a day! And the sky weighs 6 quadrillion tons of air mass, dude Percy is Superman who stayed out of the sun for a month.

#214 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4:

Harry Plopper. Cute. :p

But, in seriousness, I have to agree with @joewell. I think he explained it quite eloquently. :)

Also, while you did "elaborate" some sort, you didn't really provide on how he would DEFEAT Harry.

Also, let me say, Harry has been able to cast Protego shields. Not Protego Totalum, not Protego Maxima--Protego. He did this with Molly and Neville, I believe.

Also, correct me (please) if I'm wrong, because my memory is a bit hazy, and I'm on mobile--but going back to what Morgrim said on Harry Potter needing help, I'm going to connect these. Didn't Percy need help from Artemis? I dunno, I just remember Artemis having to help Percy--or was he under the chains whilst she was fighting?

Also, Harry has defeated a 60 ft long Basilisk at the age of twelve with Gryffindor's Sword, he was forced to steal eggs from the most fierce and feisty dragon when he was fourteen, not to mention he was being discouraged by others and under pressure as the others were much older, and he was a wee fourteen year old.

He fought many death eaters years 5-7;

He conjured an extremely powerful Patronud that Severus Snape, (a powerful wizard himself) said that only a great, powerful wizard could've conjured that. (Prisoner of Azkaban.) He got an O in DADA, and he Crucio'd the Carrows. Probably just a few. ;)

#215 Posted by joewell (6599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, wait, wait I see low balling here

Hercules did it for a few minutes too, not a day! And the sky weighs 6 quadrillion tons of air mass, dude Percy is Superman who stayed out of the sun for a month.

Ehhh, depends on the version. Myths come in a bunch of different versions

-_- when has he ever shown that level of strength again? It was more of a will power thing than anything.

@alohomoracloak2: No, he done it by himself for a bit.

#216 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Well you need will power to lift anything bro, not trying to insult your point.

- I can look up the weight of the sky very easily. Maybe the writer didn't think the sky weighed anything. Shame on him. But many characters in the past have suffered plot, like Kratos, He-Man, plenty when they could just use raw strength instead.

#217 Posted by joewell (6599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4: I know

But its not the technical sky, its Oranos. And again, his striking power is nowhere near that

#218 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#219 Edited by joewell (6599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4:

I just said that...

And btw, my army beats yours :P

#220 Posted by Voorhees100 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I never thought this would spark so many interesting and well said arguments, great job guys!

#221 Edited by LeeSensei (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Wait, wait, wait I see low balling here

Hercules didn't only hold up the sky for a few minutes.

#222 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@voorhees100 Good god, ma'am--or sir--this is a great argument. Greatest, in fact. :)

@joewell Apologies for my mistake. Also, if you were saying that PJO world vs real Greek myths world is different (if that's what you were implying) I would totally agree. Kronos, in my opinion, was much weaker than in the myths. But, anyways.... :P

#223 Posted by joewell (6599 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: Well Kronos was so weak because he wasn't at full power and in Luke's body.

#224 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: @cybrilious4: @joewell: I am so glad to see some people with enough sense to see how Percy dominates.

I see the Potter heads listing various spells (All of which I have presented counter arguments) As though Harry is going to have the time to cast any of them. It is a basic rule of dueling that speed is essential. You may have knowledge of all the spells in the world but without the chance to use them it is worthless. Heck if dueling was all about knowledge Hermione would be a better duelist than Harry. In Molly's fight with Bellatrix she won because she was quicker on the cast and she hit her before she could counter or react. In this fight that is exactly whats going to happen. Harry is gonna have all these spells to cast (That Percy can counter, block or dodge) but yet he won't get to use them because Percy is going to be too fast for him. And for those who think the world of protego. Protego has been broken by spells such as Confringo and Expulso, spells that have barely enough power to blast holes in walls, Percy has displayed enough striking force to break other metals, and sever the harder than iron bones of giants. By that logic he has more than enough power to break through Protego with one swing of his sword arm.

And then there is the fact that Percy can engage in omni directional battle while Harry cannot. Harry has never been able to take on any more than 2 wizards at any one point in time due to the fact that he needs to see and react to the enemy spells, and he can only do that for like 2 people at once meaning from two directions. Percy is used to fight Hordes of monsters and demons attacking from all sides. (Which contributes to his ability to block and avoid all Harry's spells even if they come from different angles). So here we have Harry who is unable to handle omni directional attacks and Percy who is able to launch such attacks. He can launch a water, wind and sword melee all the same time. And as mentioned previously if Harry has time keeping track of one or two regular speed humans, how does he plan of reacting to a vortex of superhuman speed?

All in all Harry is in and over his head.

Percy will decimate.

#225 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20226 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Wait I meant to saw Protego cannot block Avada Kedvra and that spell is only capable of blowing up like a wall or so. (Why did I say Confringo and Expulso?) Oh well

#227 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20226 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: Lol, I never said that Percy dominates.

Also, and I believe JK Rowling discussed this in an interview--one of the main reasons why Molly was able to kill Bellatrix was because Fred had been killed, and Bellatrix was taunting her, and attempting to kill Ginny next.

She was clouded by fury, grief, and anger. I've mentioned this before. Molly had swore at Bellatrix. I'm pretty sure Molly would never curse in front of her kids--ever. Mothers are a keen point in Harry Potter. I am, by no means saying Molly's not an excellent duelist. But at that time, she was able to beat Bellatrix, a fine Death Eater who mentally disabled the Longbottoms. I'm going to point out that two excellent Death Eaters who were sociopaths and mental themselves had a hand in it. (Barty Crouch Jr. and Bellatrix.)

When has Avada Kedavra broken Protego? I don't remember that. (Seriously, I don't remember that. I'm combing everywhere.) Can you at least give me an example from the books where Avada Kedavra has broken Protego? Because I cannot remember a lick of that.

Harry had casted a Protego charm between Neville and Voldemort, before Voldemort could have a chance to harm him. Voldemort was an exceptional wizard. He could rival Voldemort. The fact that Harry could quickly cast a spell before Voldemort unleashed his fury on Neville was proof that Harry could cast fast spells.

Here's an excerpt during Molly's battle:

Molly Weasley: "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B**CH! OUT OF MY WAY! No! Get back! Get back! She is mine!"

Bellatrix: "What will happen to your children when I've killed you, when Mummy's gone the same way as Freddie?"

Molly Weasley: "You - will - never - touch - our - children - again!"

As you can see, Molly was engulfed by anger.

(I'm not sure if you can curse on this site or not. Just to be safe. >.>)

#230 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak: I do not mean to offend when I say this but your arguments sound infantile.

The beginning of your comment was irrelevant. SO what if anger makes them stronger. Percy now is worlds stronger than young Percy and the very fact that he was capable of such a feat at so young an age just goes to show how powerful it is.

Avada kedvra has been said to be unblockable even by protego so while there isn't an instance of it happening the characters sayy the spell would penetrate.

And I can tell by how your comment wasn't really an argument you have conceded that Percy wins.

#231 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahem...

@morgrim SO, when people, whether they're human or demigods, or wizards, are clouded by fury, they usually do stuff--they either regret or don't. Also, my comment isn't representing a counterargument because I'm waiting for an answer. You're just saying it. I want examples (not meaning to be pushy :P) from the book, or when JK Rowling in interviews said it, or when it happened. Or you could at least perhaps give me a book and a chapter, and I'll go looking for it myself.

#232 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4:

Harry Plopper. Cute. :p

But, in seriousness, I have to agree with @joewell. I think he explained it quite eloquently. :)

Also, while you did "elaborate" some sort, you didn't really provide on how he would DEFEAT Harry.

Also, let me say, Harry has been able to cast Protego shields. Not Protego Totalum, not Protego Maxima--Protego. He did this with Molly and Neville, I believe.

Also, correct me (please) if I'm wrong, because my memory is a bit hazy, and I'm on mobile--but going back to what Morgrim said on Harry Potter needing help, I'm going to connect these. Didn't Percy need help from Artemis? I dunno, I just remember Artemis having to help Percy--or was he under the chains whilst she was fighting?

Also, Harry has defeated a 60 ft long Basilisk at the age of twelve with Gryffindor's Sword, he was forced to steal eggs from the most fierce and feisty dragon when he was fourteen, not to mention he was being discouraged by others and under pressure as the others were much older, and he was a wee fourteen year old.

He fought many death eaters years 5-7;

He conjured an extremely powerful Patronud that Severus Snape, (a powerful wizard himself) said that only a great, powerful wizard could've conjured that. (Prisoner of Azkaban.) He got an O in DADA, and he Crucio'd the Carrows. Probably just a few. ;)

This sums it up quite nicely.

#234 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

That Avada Kedavra argument is so incredibly stupid, man.

Avada Kedavra is specifically unblockable.

Avada Kedavra would go through Protego Maxima, Totalum, Fianto Duri, Cave Inicum, Repello, Protego, etc, etc, etc. all spells that DISINTEGRATED PEOPLE ON CONTACT and blocked the spells of 50 DEATH EATERS!

For reference, ONE death eater can blow up a building!

Avada Kedavra goes through EVERYTHING!

#235 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak: @hudyman: Really don't see how that sums things up nicely

If you want arguments of how Percy would beat Harry read the previous comments

His defeat of the Basilisk was due to Fawkes. Percy at a younger age killed a minatour barehanded without assistance and then went on to fight Ares the God of War in one on one combat emerging the victor. At age 14 Percy had already taken down the most powerful cyclops (Who was said to be larger than tress about the size of a small hill) while Harry only had to avoid the dragon not even fight it. Heck Percy fights Drakons ( Creatures that are the older more powerful versions of dragons) And he was a wee 14.

He fought many demon spawns, monsters, cyclopes, fought in two different wide scale battles, Infiltrated and escaped Hell, Took on The Titan of Light and Ares. Bathed in the river Styx and Stopped the plan of the Titan Chronos in just 5 years.

It makes no sense to try and compare feats because Harry's accomplishments pale in comparison to what Percy has done. Percy's achievements in the first 3 or 4 books alone outshine everything Harry has ever done during the duration of the series

Percy will knock unconscious or kill (Whichever depending on the battle) Harry before he can think to fire a spell And if he gets one off Percy will block and then knock unconscious or kill him before he has a chance to cast another. Because he moves leagues faster than Harry.

#236 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: Im going to correct your Molly vs Bellatrix thing lol. Bellatrix was an is a much better duelist that Molly was she was second to the Drak Lord in power an duel on their side(death eaters an such) She lost because she didnt take Molly serious lol

Just had to say that

As for The fight idk I think Percy would win Harry isn't the best duelist in the Wizarding world hes good but but not amazing. Tho if he were to get mad enough he could use one of the forbidden spells but I dont see this fight making him mad honestly.

Idk honestly who would win but maybe Percy has the edge here lol

#237 Edited by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: Alright. So, you're going to ignore me for the proof. Alright. So I'm assuming that Avada Kedavra hasn't broken Protego now.

You're becoming quite hypocritical. I'm pretty sure in this past argument, you've clarified all of Percy's accomplished, and said, "percy kills."

So, Fawkes got hold of Gryffindor's Sword, and stabbed the 60 ft. snake through the throat? Alright, sure! Fawkes definetely defeated the basilisk. Ares wasn't trying hard at all. Kronos was telling him to hold back because Kronos thought he would be able to persuade Percy into getting into his army.

He will unconscious. And I'm not even saying he will, I'm just correcting you because I'm discussing scenario one. If you've actually read my comment (first) and others I said Percy's an obvious win for the second; perhaps Harry would put up a fight, but Percy would win due to that large body of water.

@thedarklordpandamonium Agreeing.

#238 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak: Oh sweet good lordy, Harry couldn't even open his eyes if not for the Phoenix jabbing the basilisks eyes out. And the phoenix brought him the weapon and in the end the phoenix had to heal him least he would have died. And no actually Ares was fighting it was at the end of the fight that he decided to leave and take it as a loss instead of continuing (which if he had he would have won because of the whole Endless stamina and power thing))

In scenario one all he will have to do instead of killing knock him unconscious which he can do just as effectively

#239 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim Did Harry not kill it himself? Alright. You're obviously doubting Harry's skill, but alright. I'm still going to continue--and not pressure you anymore for not giving me proof--with this argument.

For the Ares mention thing, didn't something happened like this? :

Ares wa sabout to attack, he paused, as if listening, then curses Percy, turns into his true form, disappears, and Percy says, "Something told him not to kill me."

Or somethnig like that.

I'm still pretty sure Ares wasn't give him his all--I don't think he would kill his brother's son, he was just giving him his a little something. If Ares wanted to actually win/kill him, (because I think they were just having a duel - who wins, who loses thing) he would've changed into his divine form and Percy couldn't win...

But, anyways. If you spoke of putting Harry unconscious, do repeat it.

#240 Posted by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: Tell me, what is stopping harry from saying avada kedavra and killing percy on sight? whats your defence against that.

#241 Edited by DarkRaiden (8226 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@morgrim: Tell me, what is stopping harry from saying avada kedavra and killing percy on sight? whats your defence against that.

Percy's faster than bullets....he could just dodge it. It's not a very fast spell.

#242 Posted by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Or he could simply use the Petrificus Totalus spell, which might i add doesnt have any type of light, so there is no way percy could see it and avoid it, then proceed to using avada kedavra. Simple.

#243 Posted by DarkRaiden (8226 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@darkraiden: Or he could simply use the Petrificus Totalus spell, which might i add doesnt have any type of light, so there is no way percy could see it and avoid it, then proceed to using avada kedavra. Simple.

Percy, if he's smart at all would aim dodge the wand, knowing what Harry is. Thus he would still dodge the spell.

#244 Edited by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Ok, you've given reasonable defences for percy so tell me how exactly percy would win. But note he is not getting past protego.

#245 Posted by DarkRaiden (8226 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

@darkraiden: Ok, you've given reasonable defences for percy so tell me how exactly percy would win. But note he is not getting past protego.

I'm....not an expert on Percy at all, my knowledge is all from his vs. threads so....idk I'd say if he can lift the sky for a second, he ca break Protego, and if not he can manipulate the water under Harry (in pipes) to incapacitate him as I'm not certain protego isn't a shield instead of a bubble aka not ground protection.

Other than that, I guess a constant onslaught on Protego using his sword. From what I've seen/read/know you can't do another spell while maintaining Protego and Percy should be fast enough to attack where Harry won't see openings.

#246 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

Protego is a bubble

You can do spells behind Protego

Accio+Stupefy...Percy can't dodge Accio (lmao) and will be pulled straight towards harry who will Disillusion himself which he has done before and then cast Stupefy behind a Protego.

#247 Posted by hudyman (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman said:

I'm....not an expert on Percy at all, my knowledge is all from his vs. threads so....idk I'd say if he can lift the sky for a second, he ca break Protego, and if not he can manipulate the water under Harry (in pipes) to incapacitate him as I'm not certain protego isn't a shield instead of a bubble aka not ground protection.

Other than that, I guess a constant onslaught on Protego using his sword. From what I've seen/read/know you can't do another spell while maintaining Protego and Percy should be fast enough to attack where Harry won't see openings.

lol i like that sentence, " If he can lift the sky for a second, he can break protego ". No he can't. He is not going to break protego with his fists, if he probably tried that then harry would end him with avada kedavra. Plus you do realise that you can use protego to cover your entire body AND cast spells while being protected?.

Also seeing as harry is a master wizard now that would mean that he knows how to use Protego Maxima in which case its an instant and easy win for him.

#248 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@hudyman: @thedarklordpandamonium: @darkraiden: Darkraiden in a few posts you have said some truly sensible things. Yes Percy can dodge basically Harry's entire repetiore of spells. As for Petrificus Totalus, Yes he can dodge the wand point and on top of that on the off chance the spell hits Percy still has his water and wind powers as they are mind based.

As for the darklord please give me an example of someone doing spells directly "behind" a protego shield charm. Because from what is shown in multiple books the shield works both ways as for instance in Deathly Hallows when Hermione cast it between Harry and Ron and she was stuck on one side and him on the other until she put it down. If you can provide evidence that speaks otherwise then fine if not then I will go by pre existing proof.

And again you bring up Accio. As said before if Harry summons Percy he reveals his location and gives Percy a straight line of attack Seeing as Percy would see all Harry's spells in slow mo it would be childs play from him to block them while being summoned and by the time Harry realizes he has brought his enemy directly within striking range it will be too late. Plus from what I understand about the mechanics of a shield charm it doesn;t work on humans if so please provide an example? Especially since it did Voldemort would have just summoned Harry and killed him instead of running him down

As for Protego Maxima why on earth would Harry cast that? You are aware that all those shield charms are stationary meaning Harry doesn't move while they are up. Percy would literally just have to wait out of range for Harry he doesn't need to confront the shield.And while Harry is cowering behind a shield charm Percy is sealing the exits and flooding the building so that HArry will drown. Plus Percy is fast enough to Speed Blitz Harry.

Percy for the win

#249 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

That hermione example is incorrect. It says she did it so that she/Harry an Ron had the Protegos between them...ie she was on the outside

#250 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: If you compare the most powerful beings, then a mere minor god would kill Voldemort in a nanosecond. Percy could kill Voldemort, using hurrricanes, or causing a volcano to erupt.