#151 Edited by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim Scenario one or scenario two? Because morals on, Percy wouldn't do that. First of all, the OP didn't say why they are fighting, so we're not sure of Harry's, or Percy's limits. If it's for no reason, Percy sure as heck wouldn't cut off Harry's head.

And like @hardcorefakes and @thedarklordpandamonium said, Gillyweed (Triwizard Tournament, second challenge) and Bubblehead Charm. Also, what Viktor Krum did, Transfigure himself into a sharkhead. However, Harry was not that well at Transfiguration, anyways.

#152 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim Scenario one or scenario two? Because morals on, Percy wouldn't do that. First of all, the OP didn't say why they are fighting, so we're not sure of Harry's, or Percy's limits. If it's for no reason, Percy sure as heck wouldn't cut off Harry's head.

And like @hardcorefakes and @thedarklordpandamonium said, Gillyweed (Triwizard Tournament, second challenge) and Bubblehead Charm. Also, what Viktor Krum did, Transfigure himself into a sharkhead. However, Harry was not that well at Transfiguration, anyways.

He got an E in it and he's Head Auror, he should definitely be able to do so.

#153 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium Why thank you for clearing that up! :) Also, to add to the "Protego can be 'easily broken'", there is a spell called, "Protego Maxima", which is much larger than the regular "Protego." Here's an excerpt from a website:

"Protego Maxima is a stronger version of the Shield Charm that conjures up an almost impregnable magical protection barrier. Bodies crossing the boundaries of the barrier disintegrate on the spot, while spells cast at it create large, resonating explosions."

Sounds pretty bad.

#154 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2:

It disintegrated 3 Snatches in the Battle of the Covered Bridge in Movie 8; combined with the other Protegos it withstood the might of 50+ Death Eaters and had to be broken by Voldie the Moldy himself.

#155 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium If you can only see me, prancing around in happiness. I do hope Morgrim comes online soon, I'm getting too excited. If Percy floods the area, Harry can : cast the disillusionment charm, (used to make invisbiltity cloaks, mentioned by Xeno Lovegood, and makes people disappear) + Gillyweed. Casts Stupefy.

#156 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: @thedarklordpandamonium: The Protego you both speak of that killed all those death eaters was cast by about15 different teachers over the course of about an hour. It wasn't even one spell it was a collective of various spells cast by individuals during that time period. Harry wouldn't be able to do that because even if lets say he did have the ability to cast it. Percy wouldn't exactly stay still for an hour to let him do it. Also the excerpt you have is from a wiki an editable page. The majority of people on this website know that quotes from a wiki are not entirely reliable

And I would like to address this whole Adult Potter business. Shame that the thread creater isn't around because it is more than obvious that he had been talking about Teenage Harry at the end of the book not Adult. Reason being Adult Harry had NO definable feats. He has not been seen doing ANYTHING as such anything you guys say about him is made off assumptions, which are all based off younger harry. So stop with using Older Harry because I don't see why the maker would put Adult against child. Or even if you wat to keep using him don't use speculations. Limit him to what it is KNOWN that he can do.

Now I see that we have narrowed down the scope of argument. I like that you have admitted that Harry's arsenal of attacks could hit Percy and he could only win throw the use of Levicorpus to catch Percy offhand and then a quick kill.

So lets remember that the fight starts with them at opposite ends of the store. With knowledge of each others abilities. Percy as a precaution puts on a water shield. Now the thing about protego is that it is not mobile. Harry can't move around with a protego and it acts as a wall so it not only blocks forces on one side but it also prevents Harry from attacking Percy as long as he stays on the other side of the protego and the protego is active. So while Percy remains on one side of the Protego Harry can't attack him. Also Harry does not walk around with a protego he casts it in a fight where it is necessary and then it is either broken down or taken down. Meaning that if Harry is on the offensive with let say Levi C I doubt there would be a protego shield up as it would impede his own spell. MEaning there is nothing to block Percy's water attacks

About Levi corpus. If Harry is in range to perform that spell I doubt he would get the chance to reason being. Percy can move faster than the time it takes humans to process images. From Harry begins to cast. Percy would already be right up in his face cutting off his arm.

What you people don't seem to understand is that PERCY ISN'T HUMAN. now in a fight against another wizard Harry has been shown to have difficulty with the speed at which they moved. J.K. Rowling as well as the book has stated several times the the fundamental difference between Muggles and wizards is that one has magic. They are both considered humans with the same level speed and strength. Yet Harry has been in instances where these HUMAN individuals with human reaction speed and movement speed have moved "Faster than he could react" or "So fast that he couldn't see what was happening" and if they are able to as humans move faster than Harry can see that means that Percy Jackson who moves at a speed that puts him on par with Gods, would be like a flash of light to Harry.

You guys don't comprehend that one of the wizards main weapons is speed. If you have all the spells b ut not the speed to cast and counter the fight is lost. And for Harry thats what would happen because the minute they got in range of each other. Percy would move with what other hyper speed demi gods describ as "Blinding speed" and either destroy his wand (If round 1) or cut off his head. Prove to me that Harry would have time to cast not even just Levicorpus but Any spell at all. When he can't even see his target. Heck the fight would be over in seconds. Harry would have the same problem with the flash. An individual who is moving faster than he can react.

Plus even on the off chance that Levi corpus was able to be cast (And actually was in the direction of Percy). The fact still remains that nothing would stop him from using his sword his sword isn't a wand so it makes no sense to say "Wands don't work under levicorpus" when he isn't using one. And as for the bubble head charm. Keep in mind Harry would have just levitated Percy. In round 2 Percy would just killing him with a water blade. But in round one he would cover his head in water to distract and knock him out. Int hat moment of distraction where Harry tries to get rid of the water even though his brain is clouded due to the lack of oxygen. Percy could just open the earth beneath Percy and crush him. or bind him which ever one it doesn't matter

Percy is out of Harry's league. Harry wouldn't even see death coming and if he did he would be too busy trying to stop it coming from one angle he would see the million and one other deaths coming at him.

#157 Edited by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Were we not talking about round one, @morgrim? First of all, I love how you do not mention the Gillyweed and Bubblehead Charm. Second, Protego Maxima is only two spells; Harry can cast Protego while quickly casting "Protego Maxima."

Gillyweed. Gillyweed. Bubblehead Charm. Transfigure into a shark. Harry could do those three things for the water bit, which you obviously didn't read. I'm done with the Adult Harry bit, but just to add, that Adult Harry is an Auror. I'm going to mention this again, since you didn't even respond to it prior to this.

Harry fought Voldemort in his seventh year. However, he didn't attend his seventh year/redo it. He probably took a rest for a year or two. He's... what, 18-20? He's forty in the epilogue. Twenty years of being an Auror. Ahem?

The fact that you said, "Harry Potter Wikia cannot be trusted bbeeghkg." That's extreme ignorance, because HarryPotter Wikia is extremely reliable. Proof? I went to it and read all seven books overviews on there. Everything is correct. The fact that you had to say, "Wikias aren't reliable!!!!1" shows that you have no knowledge of it, whatsoever, and seems like a cry to desperation to me.

I'm also going to repeat myself again. Protego. Not Protego Maxima, not Protego Totalum. Protego. The "weak" shield, as you claim. When Haryr revealed himself to Voldemort and the Death Eaters, they unleashed all the spells they knew. Incendio, Confringo, etc to him.

Also, can you discuss the Disillusionment charm? Whilst Harry's invisible, (thus the wand and spells are) he could quietly cast any spells he want to Percy. That charm is used to make Invisbility cloaks. (not Harry's, of course)

Edit: Just to add on, here's a description for an Auror. From HP Wikia.

''If accepted into Auror training, applicants are then required to train extensively in advanced magical combat and other elements of practical defence, as well as, presumably, methods of criminal investigation. Two of the disciplines included are "Concealment and Disguise" and "Stealth and Tracking", while poisons and antidotes essential studies. Training lasts for three years."

Harry was also Head of Auror house in 2007. Hmmm....?

May I also add that Harry is also a fine duelist? In the Order of the Phoenix, he stunned a highly trained Death Eater, Lucius. Also, during the DH Book, and first DH movie, he dueled, with a swollen up face, with Draco's mum, Draco's father, and Draco.

#158 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2:

It disintegrated 3 Snatches in the Battle of the Covered Bridge in Movie 8; combined with the other Protegos it withstood the might of 50+ Death Eaters and had to be broken by Voldie the Moldy himself.

I don't think the movies are canon, though. I don't recall that magical shield in the Deathly Hallows.

#159 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: Lets also no forget about the muffle charm. His footsteps are silent after that. And the summoning charm. Why doesn't Harry use Accio on Riptide? Or wipe his mind with a memory charm? There are too many ways Percy gets owned hard here.

#160 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: @alohomoracloak2: About the water thing Harry has never shown the aptitude to transfigure his body he had trouble transfiguring inanimate objects and has never used body transfiguration which is worlds more difficult hence you saying he could use the shark head form is just a baseless speculation. Also about the gillyweed he would not be able to conjure it because it counts as food and as Hermione said in Deathly Hallows Food is one of the non conjureable items so unless he had it with him prior he can't use it and according to the OP he does not. Lastly the bubble head charm I'm not saying that he can't use it I'm saying that it wouldn't do much good if Percy flooded the area and he put on the bubble head all that would allow is for him to breathe he would move as a regular swimming human where as Percy would be like a rocket or bullet underwater. Worse so because Harry's movements would be slowed while PErcy's would be accelerated. Harry once again wouldn't even see death coming

ANd for the protego argument once again. I see you are drawing from the movie I suggest you stop the movie is considered non canon. That seen where Harry blocked all those spells never happened. In the book nobody noticed he was alive until it was time for him to fight Voldemort. Protego has been shown to be broken by two or more spells such as reducto. And if A blasting curse that can barely destroy a wall can break the shield then a sword swipe from Percy who cuts down giants could as well.

Next a disillusionment charm does not make the spells cast invisible the very fact that you said that once again shows your like of knowledge. ANd As to counter it all Percy would need is to flood the floor with water thus sensing anyone in the area. OR just put up a water shield so that the minute Harry attacks and gives away his location he can block with water then take him out.

Also the fact tha you think Wiki9as are completely reliable shows that YOU are ignorant. Because even though it may have some things right the page is editable by anyone who feels like it, and so some of the facts are not entirely true. My friend once went on a wikia and literally started posting Garbage and it stayed up for like a good week or two before it was removed. And then he just put it back up.

You don't need to tell me Harry's a good duelist I already know that.

However again say he can't win if he can't react to Percy. It would be like when Cap America fights gun toting gangsters they see him and aim to fire now in their eyes they are moving pretty fast but to Cap its like slow mo and by the time they are about to pull the trigger they have already been disarmed and are laying sobbing on the floor. Like wise Harry is going to see Percy and make to fired whatever spell (mostly likely stupefy) and then just realize he has lost his wand and a sword is pointed at his face

Also as for Accio it doesn't work on certain enchanted items. Just like they couldn't Accio the horcruxes or anything that had was too magical. Plus even if he did. PErcy is still super fast and he can just knock him out with a well placed blow to the temple or choke him to death. Not to mention the sword returns to him By magic.

Harry may have many spells to cast but they are no good to him if

1) They can't hit the target because ti is too fast

2) Even if they get close enough they are stopped by a magic blade

3) He doesn't get the time to cast them

4) The one that hits the target (Levi corpus the only spell that might possibly maybe hit) doesn't do more than get Harry distracted while Percy sends water to act him to break the enchantment or cut his head off

Percy for the win

#161 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

I see no reason to assume we're dealing with teenage Harry here.

OP says 'Harry at the end of the series'. That would be Head Auror Harry.

#162 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes Thanks for the Muffle charm. I wonder why Morgrim's not discussing that! All you're ending with is, "Percy wins" "percy for the win" "percy."

@thedarklordpandamonium Oh, I do wish the OP clears it up. The end of the series is the epilogue, the last chapter. Harry's forty, with three kids.

Alright. I'm not going to use Harry Potter WIKIA, to please you. I'm on a different site right now, (JK Rowling said that site was accurate. I think she said, a few years back, probably 2009, she picked a few sites she loved. The site I'm on was one of them.)

• Hermione used Disillusionment Charms as part of the protective enchantments used to hide the camp she shared with Harry and Ron during the hunt for the Horcruxes.

If you recall, during that trip, Harry, Ron, and Hermione used various amount of spells, and they went unseen. So, there is no reason to say that if Harry casts it on himself, the spell will go unseen as does the wand. They performed various amount of spells on the horcrux necklace.

#163 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! And how about Incarcerous + Stupefy. @thedarklordpandamonium, @hardcorefakes, and @morgrim?

Thanks for my "like" of knowledge. Percy would knock Harry to death, in scenario one, with morals on? Suddenly morals are flipped off? Alright. Apparate behind Percy, Impedimenta, Crucio till he's insane; since you're forgetting the OP said morals on.

#164 Edited by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak:

@alohomoracloak2:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

If using adult harry all your statements would be based on assumptive

About the muffle charm. It is used to keep people from over hearing through doors. It does not work on footsteps. If it did they would have used it when running sneakily but they didn't

And again I say all those defensive charms (except disillusion) are stationary charms. Meaning they don't move so if they were running up and down in the battle protego would get in their way because it blocks both sides. And he would have to keep taking it down to fire after Percy, least his own spells would rebound off his shield. They used those protections when they were setting up camp where they would stay in a specific area and not move.In the fight they are moving up and down so using such spells would be to his detrement.

Also I have already explained that by using water on the florr Percy can sense Harry's movements so the disillusionment would be useless.

And as for Stupey. That spell is even more avoidable than Avada Kedvra it is a bright jet of red light and it has been dodged by countless teens. And again I say if regular speed teenagers can dodge it then super speed Percy would have no problems avoiding it

As for incarcerous it sends out ropes to entangle. Ropes can easily be cut apart by Riptide so once again ineffective.

Now that I have rebutted all your arguments. Tell me how does Harry plan to beat Percy if Percy is moving at speeds that Harry can't even see much less react to. Harry wouldn't be able to see Percy nor react to him and it would literally be.

Harry sees flash of light is getting ready to react. Suddenly realizes his wand is out of his hand and his head is gone

And even with morals off Percy can knock him unconscious.

As for Apparition. When one apparates it makes a very loud crackling noise. In the Goblet of fire several wizards had apparated to Harry Ron and Hermione suddenly in a circle and instantly fired stunning spells. However they were still able to dodge due to the crack that gives it away. Likewise Percy with his Heightened sense and reflexes would hear and sense the crack and move accordingly.

And If you have been reading my posts in their entirety you would have seen one where I presented evidence that showed that Crucio can be dodged.

So once again Percy for the win.

joewell

#165 Edited by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

" And If you have been reading my posts in their entirety you would have seen one where I presented evidence that showed that Crucio can be dodged."

And if you read my posts, you'd see I posted Impedimenta. Impedimenta is a spell that hinders the eyesight, oh-so, non-ignorant @morgrim.

"And even with morals off Percy can knock him unconscious." You mean morals on. Proof read your work because people can mistake you and you may think that "you are invalid!!!1"

"Harry sees flash of light is getting ready to react. Suddenly realizes his wand is out of his hand and his head is gone" Morals on, again, neither is willing to kill. If you're ready to claim Percy's killing Harry with morals on, please step away from the computer and do backflips to stimulate your brain.

"As for incarcerous it sends out ropes to entangle. Ropes can easily be cut apart by Riptide so once again ineffective." OBVIOUSLY, I know, which is why I put that there. No need to tell me. Anyways, Incarcerous + Accio sword = win.

"Now that I have rebutted all your arguments. Tell me how does Harry plan to beat Percy if Percy is moving at speeds that Harry can't even see much less react to. Harry wouldn't be able to see Percy nor react to him and it would literally be." Supersensory charm. I shouldn't tell you this spell, anyways. You must know already.

Alright, then. The Apparation is out. And Impedimenta, let me correct, is to slow down a person or target for approximately ten seconds.

And actually, the Muffle charm wasn't used in the OOTP. It was the Imperturbable charm. Also, Harry can cast Geminio on himself to duplicate himself to how much he wants.

I'm also,going to go back to the, "Harry realises his wand is out his arm" thing. There is a charm called the "Gripping charm". It allows enchanted objects to be held more easily.

#166 Edited by DarkRaiden (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

" And If you have been reading my posts in their entirety you would have seen one where I presented evidence that showed that Crucio can be dodged."

And if you read my posts, you'd see I posted Impedimenta. Impedimenta is a spell that hinders the eyesight, oh-so, non-ignorant @morgrim.

"And even with morals off Percy can knock him unconscious." You mean morals on. Proof read your work because people can mistake you and you may think that "you are invalid!!!1"

"Harry sees flash of light is getting ready to react. Suddenly realizes his wand is out of his hand and his head is gone" Morals on, again, neither is willing to kill. If you're ready to claim Percy's killing Harry with morals on, please step away from the computer and do backflips to stimulate your brain.

"As for incarcerous it sends out ropes to entangle. Ropes can easily be cut apart by Riptide so once again ineffective." OBVIOUSLY, I know, which is why I put that there. No need to tell me. Anyways, Incarcerous + Accio sword = win.

"Now that I have rebutted all your arguments. Tell me how does Harry plan to beat Percy if Percy is moving at speeds that Harry can't even see much less react to. Harry wouldn't be able to see Percy nor react to him and it would literally be." Supersensory charm. I shouldn't tell you this spell, anyways. You must know already.

Alright, then. The Apparation is out. And Impedimenta, let me correct, is to slow down a person or target for approximately ten seconds.

And actually, the Muffle charm wasn't used in the OOTP. It was the Imperturbable charm. Also, Harry can cast Geminio on himself to duplicate himself to how much he wants.

I'm also,going to go back to the, "Harry realises his wand is out his arm" thing. There is a charm called the "Gripping charm". It allows enchanted objects to be held more easily.

Geminio doesn't copy the magical abilities of what it duplicates. Harry has never used Supersensory or Impediamenta commonly IC and we don't even know if he can really. You can't name every spell ever. I could be wrong, but I don't remember him doing these spells. Remember, this is the same Harry that had to practice for weeks just to master and know the summoning charm, accio.

#167 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

This is Head Auror Harry were talking about here.

JK outright stated he knew every spell and was superior to voldemort, I already posted the interviews.

#168 Edited by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden

This is the same Harry that taught a whole grade Defense Against the Dark Arts rather than their own professor.

Harry was fourteen during the Accio year.

Harry taught Dunbledore's Army. He taught them how to cast a Patronus, which is extremely hard to cast. I think he even taught Hermione, and a few Ravenclaws. (Luna, Cho.)

Edit: Harry DID practice the Impedimenta jinx.

#169 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: @alohomoracloak:

Okay so anytime I say chop his head off just put knock him out happy

And just because he can sense something doesn't mean he can react to it Common flaw in super sight people. They see the bullet in front of their face but can't dodge it. Even if he for instance could see the flash moving at light speed about to kil him hewouldn't be able to stop him

gemino is for inanimate objects not humans

I told you why accio wouldn't work. Same reason it couldn't affect gryfindors sword or the horcruxes it doesn't affect potent magical items and Riptide is such. Plus riptide would just come back to Percy. Not to mention even without the sword Percy can just dodge the ropes

Impedimenta can also be dodged and it doesn't do a set thing

Harry can grip his wand as much as he wants but it can still be broken or his arm removed. And even with morals on PErcy has removed limbs so yeah he would do that.

So once again I have countered now How is Harry gonna stop a speed blitz? if you have no answer then it is Percy's win.

#170 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

How would Harry counter a speedblitz?

Mate, all he has to do is say 'accio Percy' and Percy will start flying through walls. Harry does a nonverbal Levicorpus, which doesn't allow Percy to use his sword just like it doesn't let wizards use their wands, and then a stupefy.

Stop adopting a superior attitude. You have been proven wrong on multiple occasions.

#171 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

How can it be dodged? Harry's invisible, he casts it as Percy attempts to knock him out, he casts it, Percy's slowed down, and Stupefy.

With morals on, Harry can cast Imperius. When dealing with Auror Harry, there's no reason not to say that he has mastered Legilimens, as he's Head of Auror office. Also, many great Aurors mastered it. Auror Harry probably rivaled Mad-Eye Moody, dead or alive.

If Harry uses Legilimens, he'll access every worst memory, "until Percy begs of him to kill him." I can even extend it to say that Harry can animate new, horrible memories, but that hasn't been said in books. Possibly, however, since you can look into the mind.

Percy has dealt with demigod nightmares, so it'll be hard.

#172 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio
#173 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@alohomoracloak2:

I don't think the movies are canon, though. I don't recall that magical shield in the Deathly Hallows.

Hi. I'm kinda' the "expert' for HP on the battle forums.

The movies are canon. They are liscened and approved under Rowling, thus canon. So, unless you can bring concrete evidence that debunks those two things, they're canon.

#174 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#175 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17837 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Long time, huh?

@thedarklordpandamonium thinks that wizards have extended durability, reminding me a lot of our discussions, But then he claimed adult harry is > voldemort/dumbledore..

We make the complete set of three harry potter fans on the site :D

#176 Edited by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#177 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#178 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: @alohomoracloak2: @thedarklordpandamonium: Um "mate" accio is for inanimate objects get your facts straight. And once again Harry won't get the time to even think Accio. You really don't understand what a speed blitz is do you? Its basically like flash vs a gangster. He moves so fast from the start of the fight that not only does the dude not see him or react but before he can form a conscious thought the fight is over. Percy moves at God level speeds when in combat, Harry ahs problem keeping up with humans. Harry isn't going to have time to think or say "Acc" before the fight is over.

And once again with the levicorpus even if he did manage to cast it. Water shields water blades and hurricanes would be more than enough to either break Harry's concentration or kill him. And again about the sword, Percy has held on to riptide in the midst of a tempest, I'm sure he can hold on when lifted into the air. Plus once again by your account the spell keeps people from using their wand. RIptide is not a wand

And as for Harry being invisible if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, water on the floor ocean demigod sensing so it makes his invisibility irrelevant because Percy can still sense him. And you said "cast it and slow him down" I told you already that the charm does not make the spells cast invisible, and as I have been saying Percy can dodge impedimenta as well as all of Harry's other spells.

Also your statement about Legillimens is irrelevant. It is not a combative technique it only allows one to see memories to learn things or discern lies. All it will do is immobilize Harry while he tries to read memories and Percy just walks up and stabs him. Plus that spell too can be avoided or blocked as shown when Harry blocked Snape.

Also of course I can take a superior tone, because I have countered everyone of both your arguments and yet you have yet to counter any of mine. You keep either going around the bush bringing up spells I already explained how to be beaten or bringing up new ones that I immediately explain how to defeat them. You have yet to explain what stops a speed blitz. How does Harry win when none of his spells can land on a target that is moving faster then the eye can see. And also most important of all How is Harry going To stop a Hurricane and Tsunami, and Earthquake, and an ancient God made blade that can block all his spells and is wielded by someone moving faster than his thought process can comprehend.

And Kingjohnrocks I am sure you too have assessed this battle and realize how pointless it is to argue from Harry when he has no way to defend from Percy yet Percy has every means to dodge or block all his attacks. Please share your views

#179 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Long time, huh?

@thedarklordpandamonium thinks that wizards have extended durability, reminding me a lot of our discussions, But then he claimed adult harry is > voldemort/dumbledore..

We make the complete set of three harry potter fans on the site :D

I only think he is because JKR said he was, lolz.

@morgrim said:

@kingjohnrocks: @alohomoracloak2: @thedarklordpandamonium: Um "mate" accio is for inanimate objects get your facts straight.

Patently untrue; Accio has been used successfully on living things such as donkeys and toads.

And once again Harry won't get the time to even think Accio. You really don't understand what a speed blitz is do you? Its basically like flash vs a gangster. He moves so fast from the start of the fight that not only does the dude not see him or react but before he can form a conscious thought the fight is over. Percy moves at God level speeds when in combat, Harry ahs problem keeping up with humans. Harry isn't going to have time to think or say "Acc" before the fight is over.

They're at opposite sides of a walmart.

And once again with the levicorpus even if he did manage to cast it. Water shields water blades and hurricanes would be more than enough to either break Harry's concentration or kill him. And again about the sword, Percy has held on to riptide in the midst of a tempest, I'm sure he can hold on when lifted into the air. Plus once again by your account the spell keeps people from using their wand. RIptide is not a wand

Yes, Riptide isn't a wand. But there is obviously SOMETHING that stops people from using their wands, so that applies to Riptide as well.

And as for Harry being invisible if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, water on the floor ocean demigod sensing so it makes his invisibility irrelevant because Percy can still sense him. And you said "cast it and slow him down" I told you already that the charm does not make the spells cast invisible, and as I have been saying Percy can dodge impedimenta as well as all of Harry's other spells.

Harry goes invisible, casts Accio. Percy won't have time to spill water everywhere when he's being yanked through a walmart

Also your statement about Legillimens is irrelevant. It is not a combative technique it only allows one to see memories to learn things or discern lies. All it will do is immobilize Harry while he tries to read memories and Percy just walks up and stabs him. Plus that spell too can be avoided or blocked as shown when Harry blocked Snape.

Sooo Snape getting staggered and nearly knocked out by Harry's Legilimens (because the Protego bounced the Legilimens back at Snape) isn't offensive? Y/N?

#180 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: This has been fun. Its been a while since I have argued this much online, gives me something to do inbetween anime

Accio has never summoned a human being before and unless you can show me proof that it works on humans I would be forced to dismiss it. Keep in mind the polyjuice potion works on humans but not on animals just because it works on living things doesn't mean it works on ALL living things

Even though they are at opposite sides they are going to meet each other. Plus Percy can speed move through the Walmart. And Percy's first move would probably be to wet the floor since he knows about the invisibility and thus once with the sensing he could still speed blitz since he knows the destination

As for the levicorpus all I know is that its not a matter of it stopping them from using their wands it only causes them to drop the once since it yanks them. Show me proof of someone holding their wand when upside down yet unable to do anything like cast a spell then we can address that. Plus Percy has a grip on his sword that allows him to keep hold during hurricanes so once again levicorpus ineffective.

Again Accio isn't proven to work on humans plus even if it did yank him through the air (speculation) all it would do is reveal HArry's location because Harry would be drawing a guy with a giant pointy sword directly towards him. Even if Harry tried to curse him before he reached Percy could block the curse with the sword/water and then before Harry can release the summoning charm spear him through

Snape staggered back more out of surprise than the spell actually doing him physical harm. Seeing as Voldemort uses the skill on multiple people and they don't exactly get hurt. Plus the assumption that Harry would learn the skill is baseless. As it is a skill one needs the proficiency for and Snape said very clearly that he was incapable of either Legilimens or Occul ( can't remember the spelling and can't be bothered to google). The only reason he could even see in Voldemorts mind was due to the connection and the whole Horcrux thing.

And Percy still has earth quakes at his disposal and just saying he could use the wind to knock Harry's wand away making him powerless. I really don't see Harry wining this fight.

#181 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

Accio has never summoned a human being before and unless you can show me proof that it works on humans I would be forced to dismiss it. Keep in mind the polyjuice potion works on humans but not on animals just because it works on living things doesn't mean it works on ALL living things

There's nothing to say it doesn't work on humans. I mean Transfiguration works on both humans and animals, and pretty much all spells function the same with humans and animals.

The Polyjuice Potion did work on Milicent Bulstrode's catxhermione, it just didn't work as intended.

Even though they are at opposite sides they are going to meet each other. Plus Percy can speed move through the Walmart. And Percy's first move would probably be to wet the floor since he knows about the invisibility and thus once with the sensing he could still speed blitz since he knows the destination

Why would he know Harry can go invisible? He knows of Harry's abilities, not his exact repertoire of spells. And if Harry knows Percy can do the water thing, he'd just levitate off the ground.

As for the levicorpus all I know is that its not a matter of it stopping them from using their wands it only causes them to drop the once since it yanks them. Show me proof of someone holding their wand when upside down yet unable to do anything like cast a spell then we can address that. Plus Percy has a grip on his sword that allows him to keep hold during hurricanes so once again levicorpus ineffective.

Er...no, Levicorpus hangs them upside down and they have their wand in their hand but they can't use it. It's in the movies, can't find any clips.

Again Accio isn't proven to work on humans plus even if it did yank him through the air (speculation) all it would do is reveal HArry's location because Harry would be drawing a guy with a giant pointy sword directly towards him. Even if Harry tried to curse him before he reached Percy could block the curse with the sword/water and then before Harry can release the summoning charm spear him through

Accio would take a good second to yank Percy all the way through the store. Harry would go invisible, levitate, then cast Accio and a nvbl Levicorpus, turning Percy upside down. Heck come to think of it the Levicorpus isn't even necessary; Percy will be coming right at him so Harry can just go for the straight Stupefy.

#182 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: As for the Accio thing Again it would be a mistake because if Harry doesn't hit him the scond before he reaches then Percy is gonna spear him through and Percy has cut down arrows in mid air and blocked bullets so a single stupefy or even several will be moving all slow mo to him. And if Harry misses that window of opportunity the next thing he will find is a blade through his back

Harry has never shown the ability to continually levitate himself. Even is he could Percy still has water shield.If harry uses a spell to disrupt that he gives away his position.

Again levi corpus won't do much because even with out his sword (and that is a big speculation because I still don't know how the spell would stop him from moving his arms) He still has water bender aquaman control of water and if Harry is distracted keeping him up how is he going to fend off water blades. Or the earth could swallow and eat him.

#183 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

Once again, Percy won't/can't kill Harry. One is not fight to death. Keep that in mind, honey.

What do you mean on the Accio? Harry, in only fourth year--fourteen years old--he was able to summon his broom all the way from the Gryffindor tower. That's a pretty far distance. It took a few seconds. If you're suggesting Harry must be in close range, then you're obviously wrong.

Hermione was able to Accio horcrux books from Dumbledore's office, a wide range.

Plus, let me just add, Harry taught a whole grade of DADA. DADS is his strongest point, and that includes combat. Sirius Black said he was just like James. Assuming James was older, that's great, because 15 = say, 25 year old. Harry was able to conjure a Patronus, that not much people can do at thirteen.

I'm also going to remention the Muffle charm someone said--muffle charm + Apparate. If Harry Appartes behind Percy, or somewhere else, he wouldn't even know.

The stabbing spear thig is out. So far, you've only mentioned killing Harry like it's that simple. We've bordered on the subject of killing, but also on ways of defending.

Another thing. If Harry uses the Supersensory charm, let me remind you he is an excellent Seeker. He was so great, he was chosen when he was eleven, which is forbidden. He has reflexes. By no means to say demigod reflexes, but if he casts that on himself, he'd be able to dodge anything that comes to him. All those years on the Quidditch field has done him good. If he sees even a glint of gold, he'll dive to it.

Also, if we're dealing with Adult Auror Harry, it's obvious who the winner is.

#184 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17837 posts) - - Show Bio
#185 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio
#186 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak: Okay so let me reword. Harry summons Percy. While in transit Harry fires a stunning spell Percy blocks it with Riptide then Knocks Harry unconscious with the but of his sword.

Secondly No matter how good at quidditch he is it won't do him jack. Because his reflex and speed level have been shown to be that of an average teen thats like saying a footballer could figh Percy because he is used to the speed of football games. Harry is like a snail to Percy. And once again the super sensory charm might make him aware of Percy's attack but he would only see it coming a fraction of a second before it hits he wouldn't be able to do more than look at it. Because he wouldn't be fast enough to dodge

So try again

And yes Percy is the obvious winner so glad you agree

#187 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

@alohomoracloak:

@alohomoracloak2:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

And as for Stupey. That spell is even more avoidable than Avada Kedvra it is a bright jet of red light and it has been dodged by countless teens. And again I say if regular speed teenagers can dodge it then super speed Percy would have no problems avoiding it

Actually, this is more due to PIS and/or poor aiming on the wizard's part.

#188 Edited by joewell (6399 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: Wait, a quick question ( and I agree Percy would win here ) but when has he ever speedblitz anyone?

#189 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes:

@hardcorefakes said:

@alohomoracloak2:

Hi. I'm kinda' the "expert' for HP on the battle forums.

The movies are canon. They are liscened and approved under Rowling, thus canon. So, unless you can bring concrete evidence that debunks those two things, they're canon.

Kinda funny that you reply to me, but ignore the person who is actually arguing for Percy. That...really doesn't make any sense.

#190 Posted by Voorhees100 (262 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: @morgrim:

@morgrim:

It's Harry before the 19 year timeskip, I thought that would be obvious as adult Harry has zero feats.

#191 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17837 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: Well, the spells have been dodged again and again. Maybe some times, specially when harry is involved, it's PIS, but I don't think it'd be every time.

#192 Posted by Lvenger (20248 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: The OP says it's Harry before the 19 year skip. Anyway, your statements about adult Harry's prowess are basically unfounded because that guy is featless. So just stick with teenage Harry's feats and don't use the speculative adult Harry arugment anymore

I know that this has been done before, and the majority of people on that thread favored Percy as a winner, however, due to lack of information in it's OP, I thought I'd make a more detailed Battle, see how it goes.

RULES-

-Current versions of characters. Percy as seen at the end of "The Mark of Athena", Harry as seen at the end of "The Deathly Hallows", but prior to the 19 year timeskip.

-NO BFR

-No outside help unless stated in scenario

-No outside weapons unless stated in the scenario

ROUND ONE: The Day a demigod and a wizard shopped til they dropped.

Rules-

-Morals on for both

-Harry gets his Phoenix core wand

-Percy gets Riptide (which will indeed hurt Harry in this instance)

-No other weapons allowed.

-Fight takes place in their local Wal Mart (It is vacant)

-Fighters start on the opposite ends of the store from one another.

-Both know of each other's abilities as well as what they are (Wizard/ Demigod)

WHO WINS??

ROUND TWO- Things get serious

Rules-

-Morals OFF

-Both are willing to kill the other

-Both have their normal abilities

-Random Encounter

-Harry gets the Elder Wand, the Sword of Gryfindor and is riding on the back of Buckbeak the Hippogriff

-Percy gets Riptide and is riding on the back of Blackjack the Pegasus

-Win by k.o, Death, BFR or incapacitiation.

WHO WINS???

#193 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: @morgrim:

@morgrim:

It's Harry before the 19 year timeskip, I thought that would be obvious as adult Harry has zero feats.

Well JKR said he knew every spell and was > Voldy the Moldy...I'd say those count.

but ok.

#194 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at the logic people trying to give Percy the win are using.

Well adult Harry has no feats, so that means he's irrelevant. That's the problem with this moronic logic. Characters who have obvious power are ignored due to lack of feats. Superman has more feats than Dr. Manhattan, but it's easy to see he gets stomped by him.

Lack of feats doesn't = not relevant.

Also, what are some feats for Percy?

#195 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

@alohomoracloak: Okay so let me reword. Harry summons Percy. While in transit Harry fires a stunning spell Percy blocks it with Riptide then Knocks Harry unconscious with the but of his sword.

Secondly No matter how good at quidditch he is it won't do him jack. Because his reflex and speed level have been shown to be that of an average teen thats like saying a footballer could figh Percy because he is used to the speed of football games. Harry is like a snail to Percy. And once again the super sensory charm might make him aware of Percy's attack but he would only see it coming a fraction of a second before it hits he wouldn't be able to do more than look at it. Because he wouldn't be fast enough to dodge

So try again

And yes Percy is the obvious winner so glad you agree

I'd say Percy would be able to deflect the Stunning Spell maybe 5/10 times, given that I've read the Percy Jackson series and the Lost Hero series and a lot of times he just tanks the hits.

#196 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: @joewell: @thedarklordpandamonium: The only time he "tanks" hits are when they are too fast for him to dodge or deflect and that is rarely. He didn't tank the bullets or volley of arrows sent after him he dodged and blocked. So at the least he dodges 9/10

And Joewell speed blitzing doesn't mean that you move at flash level speed just that you move so much faster than your opponent that he/she does not see your attack coming and cannot respond to it and there by the match is over quickly. Percy has Godly reflexes and has speed enough to keep up with Hyperion. Harry moves significantly slower than Percy. So much so that he would be incapable of reacting or so much as seeing Percy's movements and would be "Speed Blitzed" in the sense of the word

And for hardcorefakes just some feats;

1) He blocked bullets at close range combat

2) He has cut down arrows in mid air

3) Has fought toe to toe with Ares the God of War, Hyperion the Titan of light, and several giants.

4) At the age of 11 he killed the minatour single and bare handedly with no training

5) He can manipulate water to form various structures such as hands

6) Generate his own personal hurricane that has winds and waters strong enough to dose the burning lights of Hyperion the Titan of Light.

7) Cause earthquakes and he once split a volcanoe open

8) He has survived with minimal damage being bathed in lava in the midst of a volcanoe.

And that is just what immediately comes to mind

HArry doesn't have a prayer

Percy wins.

Better yet Percy Decimates.

#197 Posted by joewell (6399 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: I know that, but when has someone not been able to react to him? When he fought Carter he could keep up with him ( ok, not really keep up but hold his own for a bit ) And he only block one bullet fired from a handgun, then he got hit in the back. Also, when has he made an earth quake? The only reason he made the volcano erupt was because he summoned water and minimal damage? He was out for weeks and would have died if it wasn't for that one Titaness.

#198 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

For Ares, I recall he let him win because Kronus told him to hold back, because Kronus thought he might be able to manipulate Percy.

Harry has a spell for Percy--Firenze / Incendio. I know you shouldn't fight fire-with-fire, but if the whole Walmart is baked with flames...

I think the main reason he killed the Minotaur is because the Minotaur disintergerated his mother. We don't have a reason why they're fighting. The anger engulfed Percy because his mum is his #1 woman in his life. He was blinded by anger, grief, etc., and decided that he'd give it his all--die or fight for his mum.

Which, he did. Now, let's say Percy threatened Hermione, Ron, Ginny... etc., I think Harry would also be blinded by anger.

#199 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak: @joewell: Carter isn't exactly "human" now is he? (Also no spoilers I haven't read son of sobek yet.)

He has blocked a volley of arrows and he only got hit because he was fighting someone else at the time

He made the volcano erupt as a result of the earthquake he caused Hephastus mentioned it. And I was only mentioning the extents of his powers. He wouldn't cause such a large scale quake in this fight.

Incendio would be useless. Seeing as Percy took a lava bath in the middle of a volcano and it wasn't till the third shower of lava or should

I saw magma that things became (uncomfortably warm).

And so what if he was angry he was 11 years old with no training his anger just brought out his potential he still has the power to kill a minatour and ever since then he has just gotten stronger.

#200 Posted by AlohomoraCloak (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim The thing I'm saying is, when anyone is angry, they do things. For example, if someone is blinded by anger, they could kill someone, Since Percy was furious that his mum, (his only parent. He never met his real father at the time, and he despised Gabe.) disintergreated. Remember, when Gabe harmed Sally, Percy was willing to kill him with Medusa's head.

If Harry was absorbed in anger, he'd unleash his full fury, as well.

How about the Imperturable charm? I'm not sure if Harry would be able to do this, seeing how it's a charm, and he wasn't "fantastic" at Charms class. However, it makes things repel against water. And what about "Expulso"? Harry has used this in DH. It's a DADA spell, (I think) and it causes things to blow up. If Harry uses that spell, (or, heck, Confringo) on something near Percy, it'll blow up. Likely, Percy will try to dodge it. During that, why can't Harry cast a Stupefy spell?