#101 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

Yep

As I said, it doesn't mean anything

But the fact that his magic can put out that amount of energy IS impressive. Could it stop a bullet? In reality, nobody can say for sure. But there is a hell of a lot of evidence that points towards it.

@alohomoracloak:

Yes, there are unblockable/undodgeable spells. Accio, Langlock, or Levicorpus.

Obviously you can't dodge Accio. I mean, it's a summoning spell. Harry manages to summon his Firebolt by waving his wand vaguely in the direction of the castle; clearly you don't need to be accurate at all to get a successful Accio.

Langlock is another, though that's not really useful.

Impedimenta technically falls under this category, because it can and has been shown to extend to your entire field of vision.

Sectumsepra and Dolohov's slash both cover your entire field of vision.

The most useful, however, is Levicorpus. Why? Because Harry just has to think (as demonstrated by Severus not flicking Harry's wand upwards as he did before) and the victim goes bottoms up (also by him simply levitating the nearest target, Ron, despite not being facing him or pointing at him or anything).

#102 Edited by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Same problem as Petrifucus. You see, Percy's powers are mind based, and Harry never really uses this spell in combat. Look to Morgrim for other spell counters.

#103 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Levicorpus. Sorry for not being clear.

#105 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people just discrediting Harry's abilities?

#106 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK.

Duels Harry was in after learning Levicorpus:

-Battle of the Lightning-Struck Tower (used Levicorpus)

-Battle of the Seven Harries (not used for obvious reasons)

-Battle of Hogwarts (we don't really know any of the spells he used, just that he used a bunch)

#107 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes said:

IDK.

@opcharybdis said:

-Battle of Hogwarts (we don't really know any of the spells he used, just that he used a bunch)

Lets also not forget, with no morals Harry doesn't hesitate to use Crucio. Bloodlusted and he probably uses Avada Kedavra. Also Protego can block Riptide. If the people who think Percy can win because they think he can just hack and slash at Harry, then they need to stop debating. Because it's obvious that they know nothing of the books. There are too many spells that Harry can use to own Percy.

#108 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

#109 Posted by The Stegman (26043 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@hardcorefakes said:

IDK.

@opcharybdis said:

Lets also not forget, with no morals Harry doesn't hesitate to use Crucio. Bloodlusted and he probably uses Avada Kedavra. Also Protego can block Riptide. If the people who think Percy can win because they think he can just hack and slash at Harry, then they need to stop debating. Because it's obvious that they know nothing of the books. There are too many spells that Harry can use to own Percy.

As I said earlier, Harry has never used Cruciatus or Avada Kedavra successfully.

#110 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

*laughs*

He used Crucio to great effect on Amycus Carrow, to the point where Amycus Carrow was knocked out and suffered permanent damage ('a drooling amycus') to his brain from the pain.

#111 Posted by The Stegman (26043 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

*laughs*

He used Crucio to great effect on Amycus Carrow, to the point where Amycus Carrow was knocked out and suffered permanent damage ('a drooling amycus') to his brain from the pain.

Well, boy is my face red, I forgot all about that, my bad man.

#112 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Looool. Harry also used Imperio around four times during the assault on Gringotts, so it's not like he wouldn't use the Unforgivables in Round 1.

Round 2...Harry>Voldemort and Voldemort's shieldbreaker with a defunct Elder Wand managed to break the shield of Hogwarts, which could vaporize people if they went into it...so yeah, I think he can hold off the water XD

#113 Posted by The Stegman (26043 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Looool. Harry also used Imperio around four times during the assault on Gringotts, so it's not like he wouldn't use the Unforgivables in Round 1.

Round 2...Harry>Voldemort and Voldemort's shieldbreaker with a defunct Elder Wand managed to break the shield of Hogwarts, which could vaporize people if they went into it...so yeah, I think he can hold off the water XD

Well, I know he used Imperio, which is why I didn't bring it up, though it has been shown that people with strong enough will can resist it, however, I honestly forgot about the Crucio feat you mentioned, the only time I remember him using it was against Bellatrix, and all it did was knock her over.

#114 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes: @thedarklordpandamonium: Please tell me you did not just post Hary> Voldemort. Because there is NO one with common sense who has read the series that would make that statement it would be like saying Harry>Dumbeldore. Harry wasn't even greater than Bellatrix and only slightly better than Hermione please sir do not get ahead of yourself.

I have posted a multitude of posts analyzing this battle down to the last ability I have shown that any spell can be either blocked with water or the bronze sword or avoid by

1) Seeing the spell

2) Seeing the trajectory of the wand and dodging which PErcy was able to do wit a BULLET a weapon much faster than a spell. He was able to block the bullet by sensing Matrix Style its trajectory.

As for Levi Corpus, Crucio and Imperio. All those spells are subject to the same laws of Point and Aim a law that I have shown explicitly that Percy would exploit using his speed. Imperio can be resisted and even Crucio as long as the person has enough mental fortitude. Percy had enough MEntal Fortitude to support the weight of the sky.

So yeah those spells will be rendered null and void.

Also for those who said that Protego could block riptide I would like you to keep in mind that Protego is a minor BREAKABLE shield that cracks when enough force is applied. Percy's sword blows has sever giant limbs . Yet in HP certain high level spells shown to break a protego charm such as Reducto or Expulso have only been able to wound giants not even completely kill them. One strike from Percy would shatter Protego and the second strike which would move faster than Harry could form a P with his mouth would sever Harry's head. Not to mention the fact that Percy can channel water to move in a hydro condensed stream capable of tearing through concrete and steel so again Protego will be like PAPER.

And Again with the Avada Kedvra. The spell couldn't hit kids TEENAGE kids with the physical capabilities of humans. How in Heavens name is it going to hit Percy who moves at speeds on par with GODS.

Percy can outmove ALL of Harry's spells or block the ones he choses to. Then the fact remains that Harry has no way to protect himself from an EARTHQUAKE or a TSUNAMI or a Hurricane which would not only take all his concentration to stay alive in but distract hims from the Super fast sword coming down on his head. Also if Harry can

't hold on to his wand when pushed hard how is he going to hold on when Gale force wins capable of out the Light of HYPERION LORD OF LIGHT comes focused on his arm. His limb will be ripped off.

Harry is literally a human bodied character who can shoot energy blasts. Its like Dc Cold vs Flash. All his attacks can be dodged and what can't be dodged can be countered. And yet Harry has no defense against any of Percy's attacks. He can't stop Natural disasters nor can he react to something he can't even seen. As shown by the multitude of times he's been disarmed because he couldn't react quickly enough. And you all seem to think Harry without Morals is a problem. Percy with morals is capable of fighting GODS to a standstill. Without Morals he would be worried about disarming he would be going for the kill he would DECIMATE Harry.

#115 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

Wait, hold on.

You think Harry, the GROWN-UP HEAD AUROR, who was easily the best duelist other than Voldemort or Dumbledore (and this is debatable) as a TEENAGER wouldn't be better than Voldemort?!

That's IDIOTIC, plain and simple! J.K. Rowling herself has said she included the epilogue to show that there would be a definite happy ending, saying that even if Voldemort somehow came back Harry would wipe him out! THAT MEANS ADULT HARRY > VOLDEMORT/DUMBLEDORE!

Also, you keep ignoring the fact that Levicorpus has been shown not to require any aim, on Ron (Harry wasn't even looking at Ron, but the spell locked on to the nearest target).

Also, are you forgetting Snape's masterful showing of mini-Protegos in book 6, when he easily flicked away all of Harry's spells with wordless, instant shields?!

Crucio cannot be resisted. I have no idea where you got that from; it causes pain, pure and simple.

#116 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I hate post limits. I created this second account in a desperate attempt to continue this.

Thank you @thedarklordpandamonium! Thank you so muchhh. *swirls around in happiness, does backflips off computer.*

Thank you.

#117 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the Protego thing, no, no, no. You did not just say that. Where did you get that? Please. Propose some examples, because there is none. When Harry revealed he was alive, Voldemort unleashed his full fury. His full freaking fury.

Harry casted Protego, he wasn't hurt a bit. Thank you.

#118 Edited by ItsuGambino (1 posts) - - Show Bio

So let me try to understand this, Harry potter is going to defeat Percy Jackson in round 1 by possibly using crucio with morals on? Neither characters are evil or sadistic. They prefer to incapacitate rather than kill their opponent. And torture is sadistic in nature, also Percy drowning Harry is out.

And this 'Protego' spell which is supposedly indestructible can be interrupted, like many other spell, by a distracting the caster.

I have seen throughout this thread a continuos debate about which of the two are more battle hardened. Sorry to dissapoint hard-core potter fans, but even a 40 year old Harry, who is now an Auror, does not have more actual in battle experience than Percy Jackson. Harry spends quite a lot of time dealing with a specific type of enemy, Wizards. We can assume a few trolls and giants and possibly a dragon or two has faced the new Auror however even then those are POSSIBLY scattered occurrences. I don't recall him ever facing an expert swordsman. Yes the OP said they know about each other, but I can know about mike Tyson's favorite combos that doesn't mean I can stop nor counter his combos. Reading and knowing about something is different than experiencing it.

Also a few have said that Harry would Aparate behind Percy and use Stupify. Well I don't think that would work as Percy knows Harry can Continuosly be on the move once Harry begins to Aparate. I don't think you can change your ending location mid Aparation(I'm sorry if that's not the correct term)

As for the levicorpus someone earlier said Percy's abilities are mind based he can create gales or tsunamis while suspended. I'm not saying he will due to the limited water in Walmart unless he taps into the pipes below.

I don't by any means think Harry wouldn't put up a heck of a fight but I think Percy would win both rounds with round 2 being more convincing

#119 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello ItsuGambino! :) What a great argument.

However, for the tsunami mention and "gales", he cannot, since that'll, of course, kill Harry, and since morals are on, would that not be out? (I think I mentioned that in my previous comments, I'm not sure.)

Round two, by all means. I'm not even going there. With that huge access of water, with morals off, Harry would probably be dead within one minute, if not, thirty seconds. For the Protego, what do you mean? If Percy conjures water, he's going to be quite focused, is he not? Harry could whip out his wand, and cast Protego.

And the Auror-Demigod mention. I don't, unfortuantely, agree with your opinion; Aurors go through vigorous amount of training to dodge many things and to cast spells as fast as they can without their opponent to block. That's their job; to block wizards. If we assume that Harry went through Auror training right after Battle of Hogwarts, (probably, since JK Rowling mentioned that Harry never went to redo his seventh year. Perhaps he took a rest--a year or two.) He'd be 18-20; he's forty by the time the epilogue happened. He's had a lot of experience by then.

#120 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsugambino:

1) Your argument that a 36-37 year old Head Auror Harry wouldn't have more experience than a teenager makes no sense. He fought the most powerful wizard in the world as a baby.

2) The point of Harry casting Levicorpus is that Percy will be like 'whoah' and of course be unable to move, and Harry will Stun or Avada Kedavra him.

3) Also, as shown in Book 6 with Snape you can easily create Protegos with a flick and wordlessly.

#121 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Harry was NEVER the best duelist as a teenager cool your jets. I can't even be bothered to list the multitude of people who could beat him. He was the best duelist amoung his class and he could defeat a few LOW LEVEL death eaters but thats about it. I don't see him coming close to the hairs of bellatrix or even Tonks.

Also Adult Harry has NO ZERO NA DA feats so anything you say about him is PURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPECULATION and we are dealing with HARD COLD FACTS. And the facts dictate that Percy can avoid every spell and the ones he can't avoid he can block. And even if levicorpus hit him he could use water to choke Harry. Or even if Crucio was cast by putting water around him he would heal or could just send a quick wind to blast Harry's wand out of his hand or to distract him which would render the spell useless.

Also you guys have yet to present a semi decent argument that shows how Harry would stop Several Acts of Nature that not even a Titan could properly put out. You guys cry Protego like it is your theme song. But yet what you have all failed to realize is that Protego works both ways it would trap harry and eventually he would have to put it down. Also it can be broken, that is why not all spells are blocked.

Percy is the definitive winner

#122 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

Wow

It's someone who doesn't know anything about Harry Potter saying he'd lose, ignoring any plausible arguments, and rattling off his opinion like fact

Alright guys, clearly the case is closed

#123 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20260 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

Wait, hold on.

You think Harry, the GROWN-UP HEAD AUROR, who was easily the best duelist other than Voldemort or Dumbledore (and this is debatable) as a TEENAGER wouldn't be better than Voldemort?!

That's IDIOTIC, plain and simple! J.K. Rowling herself has said she included the epilogue to show that there would be a definite happy ending, saying that even if Voldemort somehow came back Harry would wipe him out! THAT MEANS ADULT HARRY > VOLDEMORT/DUMBLEDORE!

No, he wouldn't be. You are vastly underestimating voldemort. Harry's magic showings, throughout the school, aren't on par with even hermoine's, except for those which he acquired by being a walking plot device. Compared to that, Dumbledore had achieved far more academically, and so had voldemort, people were actually considering them both as the minister of magic when they left school. Voldemort had made horcruxes around the time. Harry, on the other hand, had to be filled in by dumbledore on what they were. An average auror, like dawlish had 10 owls, and freaking hermoine had nine. Harry has Never shown any advanced magic in the whole series, nor any outstanding academic achievements. even eos crabbe had a better curse than him. Even snape, at the time he was a boy, were inventing hexes and curses.. No. Harry isn't even close to being the top wizard in the series.

#124 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

Sooo him being the only student who got an 'Outstanding' owl in Defense Against the Dark Arts (because Hermione only got an E) means nothing?

Or him defeating every named Death Eater (other than Bellatrix who he was on par with) other than Voldemort by the end of Book 7 who he actually encountered?

J.K.'s been asked why she didn't continue the series, and why she made a super duper happy ending epilogue. The answer to the second was that she didn't want to tempt herself to continue and she wanted to tie up all loose ends (citing some series which had ended on what seemed like a happy ending and then had the conflict brought back) by making Harry Head Auror (Wizard of the Month cited)...even if Voldemort came back he'd be able to deal with him.

He was an Auror from 1998-2007 and then Head Auror for the next 10 years.

#125 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20260 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Who said he was the only student having an 'o' in DaDa? He was one grade ahead of her in one subject. She had better grades than him in all other subjects..

Seriously? which death eaters did he beat?

'Even if voldemort came back he'd be able to deal with him?' How? by making someone else jump in to save him?? Harry has never shown any outstanding magic in the series. Deal with it. And being head auror for 10 years doesn't mean you can stop voldemort. He's the greatest dark wizard in centuries for a reason..

#126 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

Exactly. Hermione says in Book 5 that Harry is > her, and that he scored higher on the exams third year, the only year they both sat the exam and had a decent teacher. Same in Book 7 when they get their OWLs...comprendo patterno? The fact that Hermione didn't get marks as good as Harry in DAD just goes to show that he's the best Hogwarts student in it.

And yes, I was wrong on this one. He only Stunned 2 unnamed Death Eaters.

However, he did block three or four curses from Voldemort. The first with Neville, the next two with the 'would-be victims' line, and of course the Bellatrix-died-final-fury-one...all of which go to show that Harry is extremely powerful.

I don't know, man. Because the author said so? Or does there have to be a special pamphlet printed saying 'Harry Potter Head Auror > Voldemort' for you to believe it? If Harry was fighting on even terms with everyone but Voldemort and Dumbledore BEFORE 19 years of training and blocked curses from the first silently ala Snape and in the movies was actually fighting him...what do you think 19 years of being an Auror will do?

#127 Posted by Exhale (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy, once he somehow manage to knock off Harry's wand off his hand, he is pretty much helpless since he can't cast spells without a wand yet. Percy on the other hand can still control water.

#128 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20260 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: In 'one' subject. You're completely ignoring the other subjects required to become an auror.

He blocked the curses when invisible, and when voldemort thought he was dead, and when everything was in chaos. Not like voldemort was after them with a particular motive. And if I recall right, he expanded the shield charm before voldemort fired. At the time voldemort had just blasted all three of his opponents away.

Author didn't say harry>voldemort. Harry wasn't 'fighting even' with everyone but voldemort and dumbledore. He had to hide behind things when fighting bellatrix, snape owned him clearly, and he didn't even know what crabbe had fired at them. He wasn't the outstanding student voldemort or dumbledore were. Just giving him time isn't going to make him any better.

#129 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: I have heard all your arguments and countered then. You said spells were undodgible I provided evidence from the very novel that showed that they were. You said spells were unblockable I provided evidence that disproved your claim. Even for Crucio check Deathly Hallows page 630 when and I quote

" "Harry" mimicked Crabbe. "Whats going - no, Potter! Crucio!"

Harry had lunged for the tiara. Crabbe's curse MISSED him but HIT the stone bust, which flew into the air"

From that extract it is obvious that even crucio which you previously stated was un doge able can in fact be avoided as it is a projectile like spell like most spells are.

I have given several pieces of evidence which prove that not only can Percy dodge most if not all spells but he can also block them with riptide or water. You have yet to disprove my claims which are based and grounded in facts drawn from both books. Being that in HP spells ar dodged by human speed and reaction time characters hence super speed character should be capable of effectively dodging. And spells have been blocked by resilient inanimate objects such as bronze thus it can be blocked by the evn harder and magically enforced celestial bronze

Secondly I have provided a foundation for my argument showing how Harry has little to no defense against Percy's nature manipulation abilities. As he has never been shown to have the power to stop a hurricane, tsunami or earth quake. Not to mention Harry can't take on two or three death eathers by himself (In a straightforward battle) because he wouldn't be able to block all the attacks. Then how would he take on sentient water, gale force winds and a hyper speed sword all at the same time.

You have yet to provide factual evidence to disclaim that argument as well

Right now all your doing is drawing at straws and saying

"It's someone who doesn't know anything about Harry Potter saying he'd lose, ignoring any plausible arguments, and rattling off his opinion like fact

Alright guys, clearly the case is closed"

When none of my arguments have been opinionated all are based on the FACTUAL and demonstrated abilities and limitations of the combatants. and as for me not knowing anything about Harry Potter it seems to be you who are inadequately informed as you were spouting that Harry is on par with Bellatrix. When Harry was only slightly above Hermione is combat skills and not even the combined forces of Hermione, Luna and Ginny could stop Bellatrix. I have read the books and even watched the movies. I know what I'm talking about

And yes you are right the case is closed. Percy is the obvious victor. And until you can present facts and novelic (I know its not a word) proof otherwise I suggest you vacate this thread.

#130 Posted by Iragexcudder (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry wins both rounds. If Harry is WILLING to kill someone, he will. Black magic would be at his disposal and Percy doesn't have a chance to stop that. You think that the Potterverse isn't that powerful, but it indeed is.

#131 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: And there we go again with these brief. "Harry wins". STatements that aren't even arguments. No one said the Potterversw wasn't powerful what was said was that Harry can't beat Percy. ANd so what if he's willing to kill yes he has access to more spells that can be likewise dodged. I even noted dark magic spells in my argument which are just as dodgible and blockible as most regualr spells. And did you really say "If Harry is willing to kill someone he will"?. Well if Percy is willing to kill someone then he will too (Obviously). Plus a morals on Harry can barely beat older more experienced wizards. A morals on Percy is taking on Centuries old Titans and stalemating them and this is him trying not to maim and kill. A morals off Percy would be deadly.

I doubt you have even read any of the previous posts so please do some reading. And come back with a well reasoned argument supported by facts to support your claim. Not pure unadulterated fanboyism or as alohomora likes to call it "Potterheadism"

#132 Posted by Iragexcudder (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: I'm actually not a fanboy of either. If anything, you're a Percy fanboy trying to justify that he's something significant. He has beaten century old titans, I know this, but that doesn't justify that he can dodge spells. If you can find proof that he can dodge black magic spells, I will agree that Percy would beat Harry. I know that Harry is human physically, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to use something that can put Percy down.

#133 Edited by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy's taking the majority of wins in this fight. He's much stronger, faster, more skilled, more combat experience and once he gets in close, has the close combat advantage. Harry needs to rely on a ranged edge to win but once Percy gets close, he'll take Harry down for certain.

#134 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: My arguments about Percy dodging dark spells has been consistent. If in Harry Potter individuals with Human level reaction speed and movement speed can dodge dark spells. Then PErcy with his super speed and Godly Reaction time can do more than they

#135 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, thanks @morgrim for mentioning me. Kisses? But, anyways. I believe Potter can have a chance in beating Percy--with what Iragexcudder said, Harry could cast pure black magic spells. Harry has the Elder Wand, the most powerful wand in the entire world. He was able to fix his wand, which was, correct me if I'm wrong, impossible to repair. Not even Ollivander could fix it up.

It was known as the "Deathstick." Dumbledore posessed the Elder Wand. That's one of the many things that made his Dumbledore. Read this excerpt from Harrypotterwikia:

"The Elder Wand was the most powerful wand in existence. Its owner could have used it to cast spells more powerful than any believed to be magically possible.[1] For example,Harry Potter was able to repair his regular Phoenix feather wand using the Elder Wand in 1998, even though broken wands were held, by experts such as Garrick Ollivander, to be damaged beyond magical repair.["

If Harry casts Crucio... I couldn't even imagine. However, due to that large body of water in Scenario two, (which is what I'm talking about) Percy may be able to easily win.

However, for Scenario two... I'm going to repeat. If Harry knows what Percy's capable of, would he not dodge the water? I'm going to extend this to say, he'd probably train with Hermione "Danger" Granger, and even you Morgrim said is, "More powerful than Harry--Harry's above average, Harry's an average wizard, Harry sucks, Hermione's the queen."

It seems that @morgrim has the case of, "AlohomoraObessionism". It's a diesease. You love me, and you go out to mention me, even when I'm offline, or has been absent during the argument.

@morgrim, are you suggesting that Crucio isn't painful? That Percy could easily mutter, meh, whatever. That didn't hurt at all. Water time! ?

No. No, it's not that simple. Bellatrix Lestrange Crucio'd (spoilers!) Longbottom's parents so hard, they went mental. The pain is described as, "one thousand white-hot knives, boring into the skin."

That seems pretty painful to me, whether you're a human, wizard, or a demigod.

I'm going to repeat myself again. If Harry mastered Occulmency/Legilimency, he would beat Percy. Because, what @princearagorn1 mentioned, Percy would have trouble with Imperius, because of his demigod nightmares; with Legilimency, with Harry being able to access every waking thought of every horrible memory.

Ahem?

#136 Posted by AlohomoraCloak2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

And @morgrim, insulting people isn't the way to go.

#137 Edited by DarkRaiden (8254 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Spells are easily dodgeable by any athletic human. If percy can even see a bullet, nonetheless block it, no spell is hitting him.

2. Harry has only used Crucio once IIRC and morals on won't eve try. Regardless, he has to speak most of his spells, at least whisper them, and unforgivables he has to outright say. When he's pointing his wand and saying stuff, percy would likely move and/or blitz.

3. Morals off you still need to WANT to kill as in they did something to you to muster up the evil and hatred. Harry is incapable of that as far as we know.

4. Harry never mastered Occumulency and never even tried Legilimency. If he mastered it then Voldemort wouldn't have gotten in his head as he did.

5. Harry won't know about the water in round 1 so he loses, in round two, he, nor any wizard to my knowledge has ever shown extensive control of water in the slightest.

6. Protego and other shield spells are broken all the time. That's how death eaters and voldemort got into Hogwarts for the battle in the first place, they broke protego and other wards. IIRC the silver shield is the best defensive spell and even that breaks.

7. In character Harry only really uses stupefy and expilliarmus. Any character with decent reflexes and who runs at fast human speeds could blitz Harry, dodge his spells, and KO him with ease. Wizards in HPverse are weak physically and are minor glass cannons (cause their offense isn't all that high tbh).

#138 Edited by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how @thedarklordpandamonium is single handily owning all of the ignorant people who know nothing of Harry Potter. It's quite amusing.

#139 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@alohomoracloak2: @hardcorefakes: I love how you think thedarklord is owning us when he has yet to refute a single fact based argument. And I love how you have nothing to say because you know you can't back up Harry's victory with anything but fanboyism

And deary alohomora please calm yourself I was only doing the courtesy of responding to your argument. Trust me I have no such obsession. And as for the Elder Wand yes its powerful buts it still casting the same spells with only enhance effects. Also crucio as I mentioned earlier in a statement where I took an extract from deathly hollows, is dodgible.

Again I beg you Potterheaded fans come up with a real argument. And stop wasting peoples time. Once more let me reiterate the basis of my arguments.

I have shown that any spell can be either blocked with water or the bronze sword or avoid by

1) Seeing the spell

2) Seeing the trajectory of the wand and dodging which PErcy was able to do wit a BULLET a weapon much faster than a spell. He was able to block the bullet by sensing Matrix Style its trajectory.

As for Levi Corpus, Crucio and Imperio. All those spells are subject to the same laws of Point and Aim a law that I have shown explicitly that Percy would exploit using his speed. Imperio can be resisted and even Crucio as long as the person has enough mental fortitude. Percy had enough MEntal Fortitude to support the weight of the sky.

So yeah those spells will be rendered null and void.

Also for those who said that Protego could block riptide I would like you to keep in mind that Protego is a minor BREAKABLE shield that cracks when enough force is applied. Percy's sword blows has sever giant limbs . Yet in HP certain high level spells shown to break a protego charm such as Reducto or Expulso have only been able to wound giants not even completely kill them. One strike from Percy would shatter Protego and the second strike which would move faster than Harry could form a P with his mouth would sever Harry's head. Not to mention the fact that Percy can channel water to move in a hydro condensed stream capable of tearing through concrete and steel so again Protego will be like PAPER.

And Again with the Avada Kedvra. The spell couldn't hit kids TEENAGE kids with the physical capabilities of humans. How in Heavens name is it going to hit Percy who moves at speeds on par with GODS.

Percy can outmove ALL of Harry's spells or block the ones he choses to. Then the fact remains that Harry has no way to protect himself from an EARTHQUAKE or a TSUNAMI or a Hurricane which would not only take all his concentration to stay alive in but distract hims from the Super fast sword coming down on his head. Also if Harry can

't hold on to his wand when pushed hard how is he going to hold on when Gale force wins capable of out the Light of HYPERION LORD OF LIGHT comes focused on his arm. His limb will be ripped off.

Harry is literally a human bodied character who can shoot energy blasts. Its like Dc Cold vs Flash. All his attacks can be dodged and what can't be dodged can be countered. And yet Harry has no defense against any of Percy's attacks. He can't stop Natural disasters nor can he react to something he can't even seen. As shown by the multitude of times he's been disarmed because he couldn't react quickly enough. And you all seem to think Harry without Morals is a problem. Percy with morals is capable of fighting GODS to a standstill. Without Morals he would be worried about disarming he would be going for the kill he would DECIMATE Harry.

#140 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

And you simply persist in ignoring the fact that Levicorpus is undodgeable!

"Pointing his wand at NOTHING IN PARTICULAR, he gave it an upward flick and said Levicorpus! inside his head.

Aaaaaaargh!

There was a flash of light and the room was full of voices: Everyone had woken up as Ron had let out a yell.

He groped for the potion book and riffled through it in a panic, trying to find the right page; at last he located it and deciphered one cramped word underneath the spell: Praying that this was the counter-jinx, Harry thought Liberacorpus! with all his might."

WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT

'NOTHING IN PARTICULAR', EH?

And guess what? In the movie, Harry has to TURN to see Ron hanging in the air! And against Snape, who simply flicked a Protego at the rest, sending the spells astray, Snape actually has to blast him back!

Oh, and there's Sectumsempra, of course, which covers your entire field of vision.

Harry uses Levicorpus.

Percy is stuck in place.

Harry uses Avada Kedavra.

I love how @thedarklordpandamonium is single handily owning all of the ignorant people who know nothing of Harry Potter. It's quite amusing.

:D Thanks. <3

#141 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Or Harry uses Levi corpus and Percy sends a blade like stream of water to decapitate him? Just because he is hovering in the air does not mean he can't still use his powers. He has used his powers when tumbling through the air before. Secondly even if avada kedvra is fired Percy can do one of several things

1) Use a mini hurricane to move himself out of the way

2) Use a gust of wind to knock Harry's wand out of his hand before he can cast the second spell

3) Use riptide to block and rebound the spell which would possible reflect back at Harry

So try again.

Also please I have yet to see one piece of argument that actually threatens the trove of facts I have placed on this post

#142 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

Wow, I like how you're sticking to your 'I know everything' attitude even when you forgot about undodgeable spells and pretended as though they didn't exist.

1) Orlly? And does he often use mini hurricanes while tumbling through the air? Clearly not, or he wouldn't be tumbling through the air.

2) Riiight, because you're totally going to get past a Protego that disintegrated people with a 'gust of wind'.

3) Just like everyone suspended by Levicorpus could totally still use their wands, right?

Harry uses Levicorpus, Percy is like 'whoaah' and then sees a flash of blinding green light.

#143 Edited by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: You mean the one spell levi corpus?

1) The minicane he generated was powerful enough to out hyperions light as such I have no doubt it would break harry's concentration as well as conceal his location so he wouldn't know where to blast

2) When has a HARRY cast protego ever disintegrated people? I think you mean the one all theteachers cast that took them about an hour or so. Harry's own is a standard one. And how is he going to cast Protego if he doesn't see the attack coming. Keep in mind he just lifted Percy off the ground and is preparing to fire again he would only feel the sting and the water either

a) Cut his head off or

b) Wrapped around his head not only breaking all concentration (and the spell) but also suffocating Harry because Harry has no wand related means to get out of an underwater fix.

3) Percy has been thrown by giants and yet still held on to his sword and was slashing in mid air. keep in mind he isn't a wizard he is a battle hardened warrior so yes He could still use his sword

Harry uses levicorpus then realizes that he is either drowning or headless.

The end

#144 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does this debate cause so much freaking friction and bickering? Regardless of who's more likely to win, it's the same old stuff over and over.

#145 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: No, I mean Accio, Levicorpus, Sectumsempra, and Dolohov's slash.

1) That doesn't answer my question.

2) We've been over this. J.K. Rowling made the epilogue to have a definitive happy ending where Head Auror Harry>Voldemort. In her words, "Harry and Ron utterly revolutionized the Auror Department," Rowling said. "They are now the experts. It doesn't matter how old they are or what else they've done." AND he has a mastered Elder Wand when Voldemort didn't. If Voldemort was able to break the shield with a defunct wand, Head Auror Harry would be able to put up the shield with a mastered Elder Wand.

3) That was me telling you that you can't move your wand under Levicorpus. -_-

#146 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim:

Wow, I like how you're sticking to your 'I know everything' attitude even when you forgot about undodgeable spells and pretended as though they didn't exist.

1) Orlly? And does he often use mini hurricanes while tumbling through the air? Clearly not, or he wouldn't be tumbling through the air.

2) Riiight, because you're totally going to get past a Protego that disintegrated people with a 'gust of wind'.

3) Just like everyone suspended by Levicorpus could totally still use their wands, right?

Harry uses Levicorpus, Percy is like 'whoaah' and then sees a flash of blinding green light.

I mean really, you'd think that some of them would know something about Harry. It's one the best selling books out there; second only to the Bible. Are we (assuming you're American) the only Americans who know something of Harry Potter?

BTW, Ravenclaw FTW.

#147 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Posted by hardcorefakes (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: You mean the one spell levi corpus?

1) The minicane he generated was powerful enough to out hyperions light as such I have no doubt it would break harry's concentration as well as conceal his location so he wouldn't know where to blast

2) When has a HARRY cast protego ever disintegrated people? I think you mean the one all theteachers cast that took them about an hour or so. Harry's own is a standard one. And how is he going to cast Protego if he doesn't see the attack coming. Keep in mind he just lifted Percy off the ground and is preparing to fire again he would only feel the sting and the water either

a) Cut his head off or

b) Wrapped around his head not only breaking all concentration (and the spell) but also suffocating Harry because Harry has no wand related means to get out of an underwater fix.

3) Percy has been thrown by giants and yet still held on to his sword and was slashing in mid air. keep in mind he isn't a wizard he is a battle hardened warrior so yes He could still use his sword

Harry uses levicorpus then realizes that he is either drowning or headless.

The end

Actually, he does.

Harry could just conjure up some Gillyweed, and eat it. Boom. He can breathe underwater.

Percy's main weapon is rendered useless.

#149 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@hardcorefakes:

Or a Bubblehead Charm, which Fleur Delacour does, demonstrating it's viable, and apparently everyone and their mother, including the third years, can do in Book 5 with the Dungbomb Outbreak despite it apparently being 'really advanced magic' according to Hermione.

PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOT HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!

#150 Posted by nightwing444 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo Harry whatcha doing in a Wallmart?I heard you some kinda big shot celeb back over with the Brits,man!

Shut up you dentally challenged piece of Yank shite!I have had it to the teeth with your wannabe imposter act right down to your downright offensive neon orange wardrobe!

You wearing a dress man....

(ignoring)And Camp Half Blood???dafuq came up with THAT idea!?!!

And carrying a broomstick......

Yo mama so ugly she had to go date a guy called Gabe Ugliano...

Yo mama so fat she tried to get out of the way but Voldemort's spell hit her anyway!!

(Staredown)

Stupefy!!!

AAAGH GO TOILETS!!!!

1 hour later

Ginny: Oi!!!Harry what happened??

Sod off woman!!!And bring some deodrant!!!