Percy Jackson vs Harry Potter

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Voorhees100

I know that this has been done before, and the majority of people on that thread favored Percy as a winner, however, due to lack of information in it's OP, I thought I'd make a more detailed Battle, see how it goes.

RULES-

-Current versions of characters. Percy as seen at the end of "The Mark of Athena", Harry as seen at the end of "The Deathly Hallows", but prior to the 19 year timeskip.

-NO BFR

-No outside help unless stated in scenario

-No outside weapons unless stated in the scenario

ROUND ONE: The Day a demigod and a wizard shopped til they dropped.

Rules-

-Morals on for both

-Harry gets his Phoenix core wand

-Percy gets Riptide (which will indeed hurt Harry in this instance)

-No other weapons allowed.

-Fight takes place in their local Wal Mart (It is vacant)

-Fighters start on the opposite ends of the store from one another.

-Both know of each other's abilities as well as what they are (Wizard/ Demigod)

WHO WINS??

No Caption Provided

ROUND TWO- Things get serious

Rules-

-Morals OFF

-Both are willing to kill the other

-Both have their normal abilities

-Random Encounter

-Harry gets the Elder Wand, the Sword of Gryfindor and is riding on the back of Buckbeak the Hippogriff

-Percy gets Riptide and is riding on the back of Blackjack the Pegasus

-Win by k.o, Death, BFR or incapacitiation.

No Caption Provided

WHO WINS???

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sethlol

Percy wins both rounds.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackWind

Percy. The Harry Potterverse isn't that powerful.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

Persay.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@BlackWind said:

Um Voldemort would kill all the demigods just with the Killing Curse

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackWind

@Jnr6Lil said:

@BlackWind said:

I didn't mean compared to the opposition, I meant in general.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joewell911

@Jnr6Lil said:

@BlackWind said:

And Kronos would kill him

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By agent9149

Can harry's spells affect him, if yes. I give it to harry.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joewell911

@Agent9149 said:

Can't spells be deflected?'

But i'm not gonna lie, i've never read the books

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@joewell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@BlackWind said:

And Kronos would kill him

Yes because Kronos is a god who's immortal. I wouldn't count them as characters.

Voldemort pretty much kills like 95% of the characters in PJO, so false to say the Harry Potterverse isn't that powerful.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@Agent9149 said:

Can't spells be deflected?'

But i'm not gonna lie, i've never read the books

Percy is a living thing so spells would work on him. And they can only be deflected with cover or other spells.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joewell911

@UltimateHero0406: Riptide could deflect it though, it would count as cover

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@UltimateHero0406 said:

. And they can only be deflected with cover or other spells.

But they can be dodged as well..

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sylvain

@Voorhees100 said:

Percy

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By darktiger

@Sethlol said:

Percy wins both rounds.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Round One- Harry, since there isn't that much water in the store, Percy is at a disadvantage, he would be stuck to maybe using the water in bottles of water or pipes at the most, while Harry can fire multiple hexes at him. 

Round Two- Percy without too much trouble, I mean just look at that lake below them. It says morals off, but even then, I don't know if Harry has it in him to use any Unforgivable Curses other than Imperio. 

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

@Sethlol said:

Percy wins both rounds.

benben178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By benben178

Percy!

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nightflash

Havent read either of these books in a while

can some one fill me up with Percys abilities

from what I remember Harry wins both quite easily. The sword of gryffindor is a nonfactor for Harry because he is a wizard and not a swordsman. It would only help Percy if he gets a hold of it. Either way Harry can I beleive use expeliarmus to disarm Percy's sword leaving him defenseless. As long as Harry keeps his distance which he can with his arsenal of magic, he wins quite easily. Although the water would help percy as a weapon and healing, harry can conjure water from his wand and use the water from the lake too.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morgrim

@Nightflash:

Percy would win both rounds easy he could deflect the spells off the side of his blade plus expelliarmus wouldnt be much use as the sword is enchanted to return to him and seeing that harry isnt exactly mobile he wouldnt be able to run so percy would corner and kill him

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By comicace3

percy murders him.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nightflash

@morgrim: Harry isn't mobile? Wizards don't have to be stationary to use magic they can run and jump or whatever they please. Also, riptide won't defelct spells, there is no feat showing it can. The only power it has is the ability to return to Percy if HE LOST IT meaning if Harry simply disarms it and Percy knows where it's it won't come back. Harry can also use Accio to summon it to him when disarmed and I'm not sure if Percy could resist it if the sword is in his hands. The sword is also useless on harry because it only works on immortals and monsters. Harry is human and can die meaning it will just pass through him like it did to Rachel in the books. Potter STOMPS

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Veitha

Harry wins... he can teleport behind him and then say "Avada Kedavra"... end of the game

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morgrim

@Nightflash: First off read the opening the blade will work on potter secondly in the books spells have deflected off of walls, desks and other household objects as such it is obvious that a mystical blade would be able to bounce back that which a regular stone wall could deflect. Also the Accio spell {if it works on riptide} would cause the sword to fly through the air to harry if percy just holds on harry would basically have just given him a straight path to chopping off his head also slight problem with expelliarmus, first off even if it disarms and percy knows where the sword is as long as its not in his hand it will return to him secondly one can dodge or deflect that spell so it wont be a problem. ANd lastly when I said that wizards are not mobile I meant the where as when demi gods fights they move like crazy dodging giants, titans and gods while wizards just duck and move from left to right hence when percy if fighting he will be moving at speeds harry will be unable to react to or cope with

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nightflash

@morgrim: Spells haven't deflected on objects but just hit them. Ares cursed riptide so it would fail him when he most needs it. The sword returns to his pocket when it's lost. It won't return if he knows where it is. You can dodge spells true but that doesn't mean you will. Percy doesn't have superspeed and will tire. How is he supposed to get near Harry. Harry can just keep bombarding him with spells that will eventually hit him. Harry can also produce shields that block powerfull spells so a sword wont be a problem.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joewell911

@Nightflash: He could pull water out the pipes from the ground so he wont tire, If he keeps running towards him he'll eventually get there

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nightflash

@joewell: He will eventually get hit. The water will also run out.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morgrim

@Nightflash: I beg to differ I have read and re read all the percy jackson books and I know for a fact that at time percy has known exactly whereriptide was and it still returned to him even sometime when it was within sight so yeah it is going to come back. Also those shields block dark magic and riptide is not dark magic. Plus even so riptide has cut through very thick defences before like giant skin so a flimsy shield that can only take one hit wont be a problem. Not to mention harry dosent have endless stamina so he too will tire and percy hassuper speed reflexes so he could close the gap by runing and dodging and once in range it would be over. plus he could just send water bottles after harry or burst all the water pipes and in the confusion get behind him and kill him. Also in the fight at the end of half blood prince spells were bouncing off the walls so yeah.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nightflash

@morgrim: One can't dodge spells forever. Not once in the books has anyone done for more than 3 times stragiht. What makes you think percy can simply run around and never get hit. A flimsy shield that blocks spells that would send someone flying away or permanently damage them. A sword is nothing compared to magic. Please provide real example word for word from the books that spells bounce of walls and riptide comes back to Percy when it isn't lost or you don't have me convinced. I doubt water bottles would hurt harry and explain how blowing the pipes would cause a distraction.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Joewell911

@Nightflash: Well if there is water going every were you wouldn't be able to see that great. No a water bottle wouldn't hurt him but it would stop him from hitting him acruletly. And Percy could hide behind walls and sneak up on him

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Veitha

The "Protego" charms doesn't just stop Dark Magic, it works on everything(Hermione used it to separate Harry and Ron that were gonna fight hand to hand in the Deathly Hallows). And Harry can use the charm "Lievicorpus" to make him float in the air even if Percy parries it coz the spell would make even the shield float. And remember that harry can teleport himself pretty fast, so he can dodge Percy's attacks. And a "Pietrificus Totalus" spell could always be used to stop Percy etc.

A spell can bounce off the walls, yes, but it depends on the kind of the spell: if you use an explosive one, it won't bounce away but it will make the walls explode, if you use a spell to trasmutate something, it won't bounce away but it will transmute the walls etc., while if you use spells that don't work on inanimate things like the Curse Imperium, it would just bounce away.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nightflash

@joewell: Harry can also manipulate water to and close the pipes again and what's stopping harry from destroying every wall and corner to a point where the store is an open area.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joewell911

@Nightflash: Because while he's trying to blow things up he gets stabbed by Percy

And nobody stomps this is a great fight for both sides

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morgrim

@Nightflash: In the book I have seen people dodging spells at least four times and these are average based athletic human beings. Percy is a demi god, with godly reflexes super human strength and significantly above average speed. He has moved fast enough to dodge and block bullets as well as engage in combat with immortal warriors such as gods and titans who move so fast normal humans cant see. As such The spells that regular humans can see and dodge would be moving in slow motion to harry it would be childs play for him to avoid them indefinately. Also you asked for proof of spells deflecting off walls The half blood prince page 620 lines 14-15 "Death Eater was still firing off jinxes all over the place, they were bouncing off walls and barely missing us" here it is shown that spells do in fact deflect off objects. Also it is not a flimsy sword. It is a blade forged in the flames of mount olympus {or posiedons castle} enchanted with magic and fashioned by cyclopes, with the capability of killing Gods. It is a God slaying, Titan killing, Giant reaping blade of destruction so yes it would get through the flimsy shield charm. Also not to mention in book one when he lost the sword he knew where he had lost it but he couldnt get there luckily he didnt need to because the sword came back to him. also if he burst the pipe line he would have full control over the water he could blast harry's wand out of his hand or simple drown him so please

@Veitha: The pietrificus spell would be his best bet but sadly for him hydrokensis dosent need hand movements and that alone would win percy the match

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nightflash

@joewell: Harry wins rather easily and removing all covering place will take seconds for Harry not enough for Percy to get close enough.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nightflash

@morgrim: patrifucs spell is not Harrys best. Ever heard of avada kedavra the killing curse. Ok you've proven that spells bounce of walls. Harry can shield himself from water. In the books many people have dodged spells but one has simply stood in front of someone and dodging every single spell. Percys physical speed are above human peak but it's nothing super. The gods in that book are quite weak compared to the ones in Marvel and DC. Harry could simply wait for Percy to come up to him and the hit him with his spells. There is no way percy would dodge the spells at striking distance.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheCerealKillz

@Nightflash: Nothing can stop Harry from drowning or being stabbed though. Percy has Riptide, which could deflect spells.

Percy is better trained and a much more powerful.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Joewell911

@Nightflash: Round 1 is morals on, he wouldn't use that at first or probably at all. And yeah he could, he fought with Ares and won. He would deflect the first few and stab him when he gets the opening

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nightflash

@TheCerealKillz: Show me proof that riptide deflects magic. Tell me can Percy teleport, hover objects around, conjure fire magic, controll someones mind, cause explosions, send a person flying away, stunn someone, torture someone to a point where they would rather die, kill someone isntantly and Harry is capable of so much more. What is Percys biggest feat ever.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morgrim

@Nightflash: The avada kedavra {killing curse} is a painfully slow, and aching obvious jet of bright green light that fires out in one direction from a persons wand, In the book people have avoided that spell quite frequently granted most of them dodge it by an inch but still it is one of the most dodgeable spells as its as obvious as someone throwin g a ball at you and the ball can only move in the one direction. And as I said before if regular human physically level wizards can dodge it then so can Demigod Percy with the Godly reflexes. Also if harry allows percy within striking distance he will be signing his own death warrant. Percy has dodged and deflected a barrage of bullets from basically point blank range. and there is no spell that moves faster than a bullet as such itt would be more tha n easy to dodge the spell even in close range not to mention I'm fairly sure the guy with lightening movements would flick his blade and decapitate, or disarm or chop the hand off the average speed wizard. before harry could even properly cast the spells. Also the Gods in Harry potter are not weak I take it you havent read the book or have only read one or two of the books. The reason why you may think that the gods are weak is probably becuase unlike the Dc or Marvel God they dont resolve all their problems by blasting someone with lightening or turning them into a slug. They actually engage in Supernatural combat. Not to say though that they couldnt do all the flashy overly dramatic energy bolts. They just choose not to. plus they are often times not at full power

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nightflash

@joewell: Morals doesnt matter. Harry has didnt hold back against deatheaters or voldemort.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nightflash

@morgrim: All duels in Harry Potter are done at range meaning there is time to react. If you are a meter away from Harry, you're not gonna dodge it. The gods are weak COMPARED to the gods Marvel and DC. Blasting someone is a powerfull way to attack and the reason they dont do it in the books is probably because they dont think things through or they cant. If you think a spell is as fast a throwing you're mistaken. I've read both books so you know. Also Harry can do magic that affects an area rather than a target.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheCerealKillz

@Nightflash:

Would you like to know something? Harry isn't special. I mean, yeah, he's a walking plot device, but he isn't special at all. Anything he can do, anyone could do at the end of the 7th book could do. His power relies on flicking a wand, he isn't fast, he isn't durable, he isn't strong, he's just a wizard. Yeah, he's honed his ability, being able to take out Dementors, but that would through a spell that that wolf guy taught him.

To answer your questions:

1) Read any Percy Jackson book, magic is all up in there.

2) None of that matters.

3) For round 1 morals are on, no way would Harry use a killing spell. Round 2 is different, but still nothing big, due to the body of water, and the fact that Percy has summoned giant water men and used them to take out opponents before. Also, Percy wouldn't even need the horse, he would just submerge into the water and use it to kill Harry in the matter of a minute.

3) His biggest feat? How about holding the sky, creating hurricanes, creating earthquakes, etc.

So no, Harry loses both rounds. Badly.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morgrim

@Nightflash: One of the main reasons why harry loses is because almost all his spels are DODGEABLE we have read it in the books where regular wizards with human level reflexes have dodged his and voldemorts and a bunch of other spells. As such Percy Jackson a demigod with godly reflexes who can dodge and block bullets at point blank range.Would be more than able to evade every single one of harry's spells. I too have read both books so I know the speed at which they fight and compared to percy that is slow motion. Secondly percy can control water wind and earth he can cause earth quakes as well as burst all the water pipes, and channel water from the main underground water channel. using all this water he can attack harry from 5 to ten directions at once not to mention he has his own personal hurricane that deflects anything caught inside as well as obscures view. So harry would be busy trying to destroy the water constructs one at a time while percy walks directly at himwhile being shielded by wind and water. Not to mention Harry's grounding is unstable so he cant aim properly. And if harry has trouble hiting a regular person while they are moving and he is on solid ground then it is going to be impossible for him to hit a super fast demi god. While being shaken by the ground. attacked by multiple tendrils of water and blinded by wind. And once his wand is out of his hand due either because of the wind,water, earthquake or percy chopping his hand off, Harry is going to be a siting duck. There is absolutely no way for him to win. Percy is faster, stronger, more skilled, more powerfull, Has more elements at his disposal, plus his victory does not depend solely on a piece of stick that can only fire one blast in one direction at a time. If you honestly think that Harry wins then you are just an ignorant fan boy.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nightflash

I have read all the books and you should read a Harry Potter book. Harry was an exeptional wizard. Defeating deatheaters with in only his seventh year. Something a normal student would get killed trying to do. Adults in the wizarding world have trouble with Patronus Charm, not many can conjure one. Creating hurricanes and earthqueakes impressive but Harry is capale of prodcuing shields. Shields that kill someone for entering through it. Shields that make teh caster invisible. Shields that army of deatheaters were unable to penetrate until Voldemort himself had to do it.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Joewell911

@morgrim: Do you watch Avatar the last airbender? ( random i know but answer please )

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#47  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Percy both rounds

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By morgrim

@joewell: Yes I do love the show it was amazing

@Nightflash: Actually would you believe that during the course of the book several people voldemort , snape and dumbledore included. Actually said that harry in retrospect wasnt all that talented and that he was only an above average wizard. Hermione was said to be the truly talented one of the group you should really re read half blood prince or deathly hallows. Harry wasnt anthing impressive. Also an invisibility shield dosent help against someone who can sense others through the earth. And harry has never create a shield that was able to kill anyone. So yeah you have yet to give a real reason why harry wins. So please start arguing instead of spouting fanboy nonsense

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheCerealKillz

@Nightflash said:

I have read all the books and you should read a Harry Potter book. Harry was an exeptional wizard. Defeating deatheaters with in only his seventh year. Something a normal student would get killed trying to do. Adults in the wizarding world have trouble with Patronus Charm, not many can conjure one. Creating hurricanes and earthqueakes impressive but Harry is capale of prodcuing shields. Shields that kill someone for entering through it. Shields that make teh caster invisible. Shields that army of deatheaters were unable to penetrate until Voldemort himself had to do it.

I know he was an exceptional wizard, but that doesn't change the fact that all wizards have regular attributes. And as I recall, many people were taking on Death eaters at the end.

The shields that he made didn't kill anyone from entering, as I recall. And being invisible isn't a big deal. Hurricanes and earthquakes are more powerful than people shooting spells.

I have read all of the Harry Potter books, fyi.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Nightflash

@TheCerealKillz: @morgrim: congrats you win. i wasn't aware percy could create earthquakes and hurricanes