Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Name55555

@perpetr8rmike said:

@name55555: A

gain NONE of the spells are as fast as Lightning Bolts, Percy has dodged lightning bolts called down by Thalia Grace (she is a friend of his but they where fighting) so yes he HAS dodged lightning.

You have no proof a spell could effect him through his armor or that none of the spells could be dodged. You seem to think Harry fires spells at light speed and all the spells are instant. None of that is true.

Just because you think Harry can instantly cast spells without them missing does not make it true.

Percy has dodged lightning, has blocked multiple bullets (two) showing he can not only parry but parry multiple high speed attacks. You have not proven that a spell can effect his magical weapon or armor.

You have proven nothing, your version of 'prove' is to stuff your fingers in your ears close your eyes and scream 'Lalala' over and over.

yeah i would like some proof of Percy "dodging" lighning thanks. (and i would also like to know if Percy had water)

You have no proof that his armor is enchanted to protect from non-physical spells, i have proved that spells works through clothes and accessory. You also said that his armor ONLY protect from physical and magical DAMAGE

You are trying so hard to make Percy win that this is ridiculous... changing the rules, giving him the help of gods, trying to make a case that paralysis = damage... hahaha whatever... i think whoever want to read our previous post will understand that Percy would lose... even to the 12 yr Hermione (if he's outside the water, of course)

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@name55555:

Look around you. You are the only one saying that Harry would win. JamesIssacs doesn't count, and KingJohnRocks even says that Percy would win.

Thalia and Percy were training together and Thalia called down Lightning bolts and Percy was able to dodge them. That's your proof, if you read the book you would know.

The armor wasn't stated to be apart of Round 1, However I'm still going to go ahead and say that Percy just uses the 12th Legion's Eagle to kill Harry, simple as that.

You know what that sentence reminds me of? You. All of those times when you were trying to prove that DBZ characters could beat Silver Surfer.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Name55555

@walzo said:

@name55555:

Look around you. You are the only one saying that Harry would win. JamesIssacs doesn't count, and KingJohnRocks even says that Percy would win.

Thalia and Percy were training together and Thalia called down Lightning bolts and Percy was able to dodge them. That's your proof, if you read the book you would know.

The armor wasn't stated to be apart of Round 1, However I'm still going to go ahead and say that Percy just uses the 12th Legion's Eagle to kill Harry, simple as that.

You know what that sentence reminds me of? You. All of those times when you were trying to prove that DBZ characters could beat Silver Surfer.

It doesn't matter your bias is obvious

that's not a proof that's just you saying words. i could do the same look: he didn't really dodged it, he just ran really fast and Thalia missed him.

The armor can't protect from pietrificus totalus and similar spells. Until you prove that can protect from non-physical (like fire) spells. It's just logic

infact most of them can. And i don't even like DBZ it's just that Vegeta was able to destroy planets before Goku even trained to go to namek and get the 1° x50 power up from the SSJ1, so... you need to know well dbz in order to understand thier real power.

I also think that Goku would stomp every version of Superman except Superman Prime One Milllion

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555: No you have proof that spells work through regular cloth fabrics. Cloaks and the such are not armor. The armor is composed of a magical metal that is used to create magical armor and weapons.

Innately magical metal that is used in various things such as protective armor (Again this is different then clothing, I know you cannot understand this but it is) as well as weapons that instantly kill any magical creatures including Demigods. Why wouldn't an innately magical metal be resistant to magic since it is magic itself and as you put (You need to be magically enhanced)

Percy and Thalia where leading two sides in a friendly competition. Thalia was leading the Hunters of Artemis and Percy was leading the campers of Camp-Half Blood. They where at the river in the forest. Percy was in the shallows and had to jump out of the water to dodge the lightning. This was a direct lightning blast from the sky. Thalia is the daughter of Zeus and is an electrokinetic.

Lightning btw the typical lightning bolt moves at 224,000 mph -- or about 3,700 miles per second. and NO Harry has NOTHING not even close to that level of speed.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Name55555

@perpetr8rmike said:

@name55555: N

o you have proof that spells work through regular cloth fabrics. Cloaks and the such are not armor. The armor is composed of a magical metal that is used to create magical armor and weapons.

Innately magical metal that is used in various things such as protective armor (Again this is different then clothing, I know you cannot understand this but it is) as well as weapons that instantly kill any magical creatures including Demigods. Why wouldn't an innately magical metal be resistant to magic since it is magic itself and as you put (You need to be magically enhanced)

Percy and Thalia where leading two sides in a friendly competition. Thalia was leading the Hunters of Artemis and Percy was leading the campers of Camp-Half Blood. They where at the river in the forest. Percy was in the shallows and had to jump out of the water to dodge the lightning. This was a direct lightning blast from the sky. Thalia is the daughter of Zeus and is an electrokinetic.

Lightning btw the typical lightning bolt moves at 224,000 mph -- or about 3,700 miles per second. and NO Harry has NOTHING not even close to that level of speed.

So he was in the water? now he's not. your arguments are invalid now we are in a forest with no water

look, it doesn't works like that, if i want proofs is because we could argue all day if the spell would work or not. It's just simple logic

If you don't want to get proofs ok, it's fine, but you are not making any sense because i've proved that non-physical spells works always, you did not.

so yeah, what proofs do you have that Percy's armor has ever tanked non-physical spells? none? ok he get's KOed the first second of this battle by a flying, invisible, super-lucky Harry Potter who can't even lose.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Name55555

@perpetr8rmike said:

and you have no idea what is the speed of a spell in the HP universe, from what we have seen they could be faster than a bullet

and percy is not in the water now, so... he can't dodge bullets he got shot in the back by a bullet

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@name55555: No you proved they work on people who are not wearing magical armor. This is ALL you have proven.

And again I do find it funny your still believing this luck potion is so power. You realize if it was 1/100th the strength you believe it was that EVERYONE would be on it all the time. Also if Harry was flying.. he dies. Hurricanes blow at

"Level 1, 74-95 mph

Level 2, 96-110 mph

Level 3, 111-130 mph

Level 4, 131-155 mph

Level 5, 156 mph"

Harry has struggled on a broom at winds under 60 mph. He would die in an instant hitting the ground.

You have failed to prove that this potion is useful in a fight. All the effects seen on Harry where passive and dumb, he broke up Ron and Lavender and Ginny and Dean because she was wearing a cloak or bumped into them. Yes fear the power of the Luck Potion it can ruin relationships that are already on the rocks.

The Luck has limits, has NEVER been used in combat, and flying is idiotic when someone can instantly summon hurricane winds which btw would snap Harry's wand in an instant.

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555: I can argue about Percy's armor. It has tanked celestial bronze weapons which, in somewhat is "magic", since it cannot cut through humans, but other magical beings IIRC.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555: No it i snot faster then a bullet. Not even close. PEOPLE DODGE SPELLS IN HARRY POTTER. Get over this idea that every spell auto hits. Your pretty pathetic. I am done arguing with you, you fail on every level of a debate.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@shadovvlite: Give it up, stop arguing with him he is beyond reason.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Name55555

@perpetr8rmike said:

o you proved they work on people who are not wearing magical armor. This is ALL you have proven.

And again I do find it funny your still believing this luck potion is so power. You realize if it was 1/100th the strength you believe it was that EVERYONE would be on it all the time. Also if Harry was flying.. he dies. Hurricanes blow at

"Level 1, 74-95 mph

Level 2, 96-110 mph

Level 3, 111-130 mph

Level 4, 131-155 mph

Level 5, 156 mph"

Harry has struggled on a broom at winds under 60 mph. He would die in an instant hitting the ground.

You have failed to prove that this potion is useful in a fight. All the effects seen on Harry where passive and dumb, he broke up Ron and Lavender and Ginny and Dean because she was wearing a cloak or bumped into them. Yes fear the power of the Luck Potion it can ruin relationships that are already on the rocks.

The Luck has limits, has NEVER been used in combat, and flying is idiotic when someone can instantly summon hurricane winds which btw would snap Harry's wand in an instant.

Yeah but just as i said like 20 post ago, a magical armor is just an armor who's been enchanted to do something, that something in Percy's case is resisting physical and magical DAMAGE. Paralysis is not damage, incapacitation is not damage... this mean that you have no proof that his armor could tank non/physical spells, and you also gave me a reason of why it could not tank them

Harry is also invisible, and Percy wouldn't know where he is, so why would he summon hurricanes? (and can he do it outside the water?)

the potion saved a wizard's life during a battle against the most powerful wizard of HPuniverse Voldemort

and harry doesn't need luck in this fight, even little Hermione could win

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@joewell: Alright. So he can summon a powerful storm at will.. Harry can barely fight or act in a normal storm let alone a Hurricane.

@jnr6lil:

And yet people have been seen to act through the pain. Mental strength can be said for something.

Not if your brain is scrambled

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Percy wins round 1 due to the fact that Harry WILL cast The disarming spell. Which can be dodged or simply Percy's strength would keep the sword in his hand. Even if disarmed Percy can punch much harder then Harry and can KO him hand to hand (Harry has no Hand to Hand skills)

Percy wins round 2 due to a mix of AC, Multi-Vitamins, 12th Eagle, Hermes flying shoes and Invisibility Cap. He can rain lightning down over the entire field, is flying and invisible and is immune to both magic and physical harm.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: You don't understand that spell at all do you? It does not fry your brain on the first casting. To break the mind or Addle the mind as they call it takes hours of skillful use to torture someone. Harry has no wear near this skill.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Name55555

@perpetr8rmike said:

Percy wins round 1 due to the fact that Harry WILL cast The disarming spell. Which can be dodged or simply Percy's strength would keep the sword in his hand. Even if disarmed Percy can punch much harder then Harry and can KO him hand to hand (Harry has no Hand to Hand skills)

Percy wins round 2 due to a mix of AC, Multi-Vitamins, 12th Eagle, Hermes flying shoes and Invisibility Cap. He can rain lightning down over the entire field, is flying and invisible and is immune to both magic and physical harm.

given up? ok it's fine to me i feel like we were not going anywhere since you didn't wanted to prove your claims with proofs.

Round 1:

Percy see harry, harry see percy. Harry cast expelliarmus, Riptide come's back to Percy who get closer, Harry cast stupedy, Percy fly back but takes no damage, Harry cast Pietrificus totalus, Percy can't move. Harry win

Round 2

Harry can't lose since he drunk Felix Felicis and he has an army of creatures and animated armors, and he's flying and invisible, and he's also protected by magical barriers and he also drunk a lot of other powerful potion and... whatever he can't lose thanks to Felix Felicis. :) harry win

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Name55555

@name55555: No it i snot faster then a bullet. Not even close. PEOPLE DODGE SPELLS IN HARRY POTTER. Get over this idea that every spell auto hits. Your pretty pathetic. I am done arguing with you, you fail on every level of a debate.

can you show me any case where someone ever "dodged" a HP spell? you never did so why should i believe you? i also proved that they are too fast to be dodged so...

Loading Video...

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By ShadoVvlite

@name55555: I see it as going like this.

Round 1-

Percy instantly buries Harry in a bottomless pit with geokinesis.

Round 2:

Gets blessed by Fortuna (god of fortune/ misfortune). Boosts his own luck and negates Harry's luck with bad luck.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Name55555

Round 1-

Round 2:

Gets blessed by Fortuna (god of fortune/ misfortune). Boosts his own luck and negates Harry's luck with bad luck.

haha that's cool. i like fantasy

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@name55555:

You seem to forget the fact that while everyone in HP is a wizard, they have the stats of a muggle. Sure, they can use wands and cast spells, but it doesn't change the fact that everyone in there has normal human attributes. Percy isn't human, he's half god and has beyond human attributes.

A bullet is a lot faster than a spell, and since Percy has been able to show that he was able to block a bullet, he can certainly dodge a spell. The human eye can see a spell coming at them, they cannot see a bullet.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Perpetr8rMike
Loading Video...

For all those claiming spells cannot be dodged. Hermione and Ron do not even see the spells coming, Harry does and all three DODGE out of the way causing the table to explode when it is struck by the spell. As well as multiple times after this.

Also if a spell is not able to be dodged then it would always hit, but none of the spells in Harry Potter are instant hit, thus all can be dodged if one has the proper speed.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@walzo: Give it up, He refuses to see anything that would contradict his view.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#223  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Going back to the roots of this thread:

Percy is faster, stronger, a better strategist, and more powerful than Harry. Percy was able to block a bullet, which means he should be able to block or dodge a spell due to the fact that a spell is a lot slower than a bullet.

Percy also has his enchanted sword, which has allowed him to block many magical attacks. While some can put up the argument that Percy's sword would be unable to do anything versus a spell, Spells have been shown to be able to not work against inorganic objects such as stone. Percy's sword is celestial bronze, and while it won't kill Harry because he isn't a monster, it can surely KO him.

Even if Percy were to become without a weapon, he still has many other things that could overpower, distract or kill Harry. He could simply run to the river which is close enough, and while some could say that Harry would simply shoot him while running, I believe that due to the fact that Percy is not only a lot faster than Harry, and that Harry isn't some type of sniper who never misses, Harry won't be able to hit Percy, therefore allowing Percy to make his escape and end the match quickly. Even if Percy were to stay without a weapon, he has shown the ability to control earthquakes and summon tornadoes. Both of which could distract or incapacitate Harry.

Harry has been shown to be able to rapid fire spells, however due to the fact that simple enchanted stone has been able to be hit by spells and hold, I believe that his sword should be able to conquer the spells.

Round two is a lot easier of a win, since Percy just needs to use the 12 Legion's Eagle and finish Harry. Even if he were to use Felxis Felcis or whatever, it wouldn't matter since there is a quote above that states that sometimes Luck won't stop Death. Also, Percy can call upon all of his resources and use the gods as a way of getting some enchanted items that should end the battle quickly.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shadovvlite said:

Round 1-

Round 2:

That's cool, I like ignorance.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@thecerealkillz: In the sense of him able to use spells repeatedly quickly yes. I meant by he cannot rapid fire is that he cannot hold his wand in front of him and fire off multiple spells standing static. He has to move and perform the motions of the spell, but he can do this very quickly.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Name55555

@walzo said:

@name55555:

You seem to forget the fact that while everyone in HP is a wizard, they have the stats of a muggle. Sure, they can use wands and cast spells, but it doesn't change the fact that everyone in there has normal human attributes. Percy isn't human, he's half god and has beyond human attributes.

A bullet is a lot faster than a spell, and since Percy has been able to show that he was able to block a bullet, he can certainly dodge a spell. The human eye can see a spell coming at them, they cannot see a bullet.

no i'm aware of this, just like i am aware that Percy never dodged a bullet and got shot in the back. He could deflect them, but not dodge them

@perpetr8rmike said:
Loading Video...

For all those claiming spells cannot be dodged. Hermione and Ron do not even see the spells coming, Harry does and all three DODGE out of the way causing the table to explode when it is struck by the spell. As well as multiple times after this.

Also if a spell is not able to be dodged then it would always hit, but none of the spells in Harry Potter are instant hit, thus all can be dodged if one has the proper speed.

Thanks for this video! now i know why you all think that people can dodge spells in HP... but you are wrong and i'll tell you why:

In the video they were already moving (thanks to harry) but the aggressor was still aiming at the table

What you must consider, is that It would not be different if they aggressor had a gun. It's like watching "mission impossible" and saying: Yeah humans "dodge" bullets all the time!! But no, they don't... they just move out of they way before they got shot!! The same happens here.

According to your logic, if this is dodging, then in all the action movie you can find humans can dodge bullets too, but this is clearly incorrect. Do you get my point now?

(and look how quickly Harry shoots one of the aggressors!)

@thecerealkillz said:

@name55555 said:

@shadovvlite said:

Round 1-

Round 2:

That's cool, I like ignorance.

good for you! ;)

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555: This will be the last time I reply to you.
No Harry was moving and the other did but this was as the spell was cast, this classifies as dodging. Also Hermione out right dodges the spell fired right at her.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Name55555
@perpetr8rmike said:

@name55555:

This will be the last time I reply to you.

No Harry was moving and the other did but this was as the spell was cast, this classifies as dodging. Also Hermione out right dodges the spell fired right at her.

sure, i respect your decision, so this will be my last reply to you

that scene was not different from any other action movie shooting scene you can find, where they use guns instead of wands, if that was dodging, then this is also dodging:(0:05)

Loading Video...

and this is also dodging (0:25) (spoiler- DJGANGO)

Loading Video...

and there are a lots of other scenes like this, so apparently... humans can dodge bullets now?

No, i don't think so, but that's the logic you all are using with spells

Percy also got shot by a bullet, so he can't dodge them... he never did, the same goes with spells, they might be slower than a bullets(arguable), but they would still be too fast to be dodged without high degrees of superspeed, because i can't immagine anyone dodging these:

Loading Video...

anyway, i will reply to others

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555: I find it infinitely fascinating how you can ignore all facets of logic in order to argue already refuted points so let us start from scratch

Percy vs Harry

1} Lets look at speed. Harry has human level speed and reflexes while Percy has superhuman speed and reflexes capable of keeping up with Gods. So Percy is faster

2} Strenght wise; Harry has the strength of a 17 year olf boy. While Percy at age 11 was ripping the horns off a minotaur with his bare hands. So Percy is stronger

3} Agility. Harry dodges as explained before has human level physical attributes and has only dodged obvious beams of light. Percy has Demi god level attributes and has blocked bullets and dodged attacks moving at faster than sight {His fight with hyperion/ares/chronos}

4} Strategy: Harry has rarely needed to use strategy as Hermione usually does that for him. Percy has had to come up with strategies in the midst of fighting, Krakens, Hydra, and Gos. Harry's greatest strategic feat in my opinion was probably the basilisk and he had mountains of help. SO Strategy wise I say Tie

5} Magnitude of power. Harry's greatest feat of mystical power was blowing up a wall or two at most he can destroy a house. Percy has destroyed volcanoes, Caused Typhoons. Earth quakes and Tsunamis. So Percy has more raw power

6} Accuracy. Harry has decent accuracy but compared to Percy who has deadly precise sword strikes I would say he comes either second or another tie

7}Durability: Harry has human level durability and one hit can put him out of commission. Percy has stood in lava and been smacked around by giants yet still he can fight on, not to mention his healing factor. So Percy

8} Multitasking. In a fight Harry can fire one spell at a time. And even non verbally each spell takes about 2 seconds to fire off then another 3 or so to hit the target. Percy can generate a hurricane while fighting with his sword, while manipulating water all at once. So where as Percy only has to worry about one attack at a time Harry would have to fend off omni directional blasts. So once again Percy

9} Dodgeability: Harry's attacks have been shown on multiple occasions to be dodged by human physical level characters which indicates Percy with his demi god physical prowess would have no trouble dodging. Whereas Gods themselves have difficulty dodging Percy's attacks which says that Harry would be unable to dodge the super speed attacks of Percy

So lets review shall we.

Percy is Stronger/ Faster/ Equally as strategic/More agile/More accurate/ Greater in power/More durable/ faster in dodging And capable of doing more at once than Harry.

Harry wouldnt be able to hit Percy or even keep track of his movements much less block them. Not to mention as stated multiple times regular bronze and stone have been shown to halt powerful master level spells as such Percy's celestial bronze could block the most devastating of spells. Not to mention even those spells that are quote "Unseeable" the trajectory can be predicted by the tip of the wand and Percy has predicted bullet fire based on the barrel of a gun

So tell me now and I want a logical sensible argument. How on earth could Harry beat Percy when Percy outclasses or matches him in every field of battle. Not to mention Percy has more combat experience. I need you to use logic to refute my points

PROVE Harry is Stronger/ Faster/ Equally as strategic/More agile/More accurate/ Greater in power/More durable/ faster in dodging And capable of doing more at once than Percy

PROVE it with logic and not fanboyism. And until you do by all means of logic and reasoning. Feats and Understanding
Percy Jackson OBLITERATES HARRY POTTER

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Name55555

@morgrim said:

@name55555: I find it infinitely fascinating how you can ignore all facets of logic in order to argue already refuted points so let us start from scratch

Percy vs Harry

1} Lets look at speed. Harry has human level speed and reflexes while Percy has superhuman speed and reflexes capable of keeping up with Gods. So Percy is faster

2} Strenght wise; Harry has the strength of a 17 year olf boy. While Percy at age 11 was ripping the horns off a minotaur with his bare hands. So Percy is stronger

3} Agility. Harry dodges as explained before has human level physical attributes and has only dodged obvious beams of light. Percy has Demi god level attributes and has blocked bullets and dodged attacks moving at faster than sight {His fight with hyperion/ares/chronos}

4} Strategy: Harry has rarely needed to use strategy as Hermione usually does that for him. Percy has had to come up with strategies in the midst of fighting, Krakens, Hydra, and Gos. Harry's greatest strategic feat in my opinion was probably the basilisk and he had mountains of help. SO Strategy wise I say Tie

5} Magnitude of power. Harry's greatest feat of mystical power was blowing up a wall or two at most he can destroy a house. Percy has destroyed volcanoes, Caused Typhoons. Earth quakes and Tsunamis. So Percy has more raw power

6} Accuracy. Harry has decent accuracy but compared to Percy who has deadly precise sword strikes I would say he comes either second or another tie

7}Durability: Harry has human level durability and one hit can put him out of commission. Percy has stood in lava and been smacked around by giants yet still he can fight on, not to mention his healing factor. So Percy

8} Multitasking. In a fight Harry can fire one spell at a time. And even non verbally each spell takes about 2 seconds to fire off then another 3 or so to hit the target. Percy can generate a hurricane while fighting with his sword, while manipulating water all at once. So where as Percy only has to worry about one attack at a time Harry would have to fend off omni directional blasts. So once again Percy

9} Dodgeability: Harry's attacks have been shown on multiple occasions to be dodged by human physical level characters which indicates Percy with his demi god physical prowess would have no trouble dodging. Whereas Gods themselves have difficulty dodging Percy's attacks which says that Harry would be unable to dodge the super speed attacks of Percy

So lets review shall we.

Percy is Stronger/ Faster/ Equally as strategic/More agile/More accurate/ Greater in power/More durable/ faster in dodging And capable of doing more at once than Harry.

Harry wouldnt be able to hit Percy or even keep track of his movements much less block them. Not to mention as stated multiple times regular bronze and stone have been shown to halt powerful master level spells as such Percy's celestial bronze could block the most devastating of spells. Not to mention even those spells that are quote "Unseeable" the trajectory can be predicted by the tip of the wand and Percy has predicted bullet fire based on the barrel of a gun

So tell me now and I want a logical sensible argument. How on earth could Harry beat Percy when Percy outclasses or matches him in every field of battle. Not to mention Percy has more combat experience. I need you to use logic to refute my points

PROVE Harry is Stronger/ Faster/ Equally as strategic/More agile/More accurate/ Greater in power/More durable/ faster in dodging And capable of doing more at once than Percy

PROVE it with logic and not fanboyism. And until you do by all means of logic and reasoning. Feats and Understanding

Percy Jackson OBLITERATES HARRY POTTER

a wizard is trained in fighting like a wizard, not like a warrior.

His magic is a much more powerful weapon than all those attributes. Infact, even a 12yr hermione could perform pietrificus totalus and defeat the strogest warrior ever, so... that's not the key of winning against a wizard

TheMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By TheMethos

@name55555: Excuse me but I can debunk your claims with your own claims.
You have shown wands deflecting spells even at ranges of about 10 feet. This is with normal human reflexes, albeit practiced reflexes.

What is a wand? It is wood and a magical core. A piece of a magical being such as a Tail Feather, Hair, or Heartstring. Now what is Percy wielding? A sword composed of Magical metal. If all that makes a wand magical is the tiny piece of magic inside of it then the sword composed of the magical metal is equally as magical. Thus Percy's sword and a Wand are not far off from one another in magical nature. Percy's sword can deflect magic the same as a wand can deflect magic.

I know you will state that they are all using shield charms, but this is unlikely as most adult wizards didn't know shield charms in the books let alone all the students (Remember not everyone was in DA)

This is Lucius Malfoy using a shield charm to block a Stunning Charm.
In all of your video clips this is not used as this has a specific effect and appearance.
So that means when they are knocking away or parrying off spells they are doing so using their wand's magical nature to act as a medium to deflect the spells the same way Percy used his sword to deflect the bullets.

Now again I go back to the sword and wand relationship. They are both normal items a Stick and a Sword but due to the magical elements in each they become magical objects the core in the Wand and the metal of the Sword. So this is not a far stretch to say the sword and by extension the armor could deflect some types of magic (The armor would be more difficult the sword can be used the same as a wand)

Also with the Full Body Bind Curse your so fond of. I must point out that one he does not produce light as it does in the movie, that was for a visual effect. But I must note that in most examples of this, I repeat most not all, are surprise attacks. Hermione using it on Neville was done quickly and with Neville unarmed and unready for a conflict with magic, Malfoy on Harry on the train in year 6, Harry was surprised. The Death Eater in the cafe by Hermione, the death eater was dueling with Harry and Ron at the same time, thus her spell which has no light was not noted when compared to the stunner and disarming charms which both do. While there are others of course who where fully ready for a fight this curse seems best suited for a surprise attack. However, it could be defeated in much the same manner as in the clip shown above in the cafe where the defender dodges out of the way of the wand before the spell is cast. If this is done then the spell misses its target and the defender can counter attack. I do think this is doubtful for Percy to deflect, but it might be possible for it to be blocked, stopped from effecting Percy just not rebounded or tossed to the side.

Harry Potter is shown to possesses very high speed in his dueling, as least in the movies we see the duels at high speed and yet all of us can see the spells cast, the bodies move, and even understand each action perfectly. Nothing is beyond the realm of the sight of a normal person.

Percy Jackson on the other hand can judge the path of a bullet and block not 1 but 2. He was shot in the back, however this is due to him not having eyes in the back of his head. Harry cannot deflect spells aimmed at him from behind either, a blind spot is a blind spot for a reason. So to throw away the claims of blocking bullets just because he was attacked from behind is fool-hearty as we could do the same for Harry. After all he didn't block Malfoy's Full Body Bind or Dumbledore's. But we know he is capable of deflecting spells just find.

As such the question boils down to; Can Harry defeat Percy in the first 5 seconds of the fight? Can he land 1 hit that matters?
Percy is known to dodge Arrows and Bullets both which travel as fast and faster then spells, and follow lines of trajectory as the spells do. No spell has been seen twisting around walls or such. Percy can move and react at speeds beyond the human norm. So can Harry hit Percy? This is tough as Harry must land a blow on a target who is not running at him in a straight line or standing static 30 feet away but a fast moving object that is free thinking and capable of counter attacking or parrying spells back to him? Think of this in a Harry Potter frame of mind. Could harry stun the snitch or freeze the snitch in 5 seconds? The snitch and Percy could be argued to have similar speed and reaction times due to the Demi-God nature of Percy.

My guess is this; With the new suggestion of a sword being able to act as a wand and deflect or parry spells, Percy's previous showing of reaction to bullets (much faster then a normal human can react), and the fact that in previous fights Harry has not been seen to fight foes this fast and do well. (He was unable to stop the pixies for example and often needs to chase the snitch over a distance on a broom that goes much faster then he can run)

I have to give both rounds to Percy Jackson, Harry is not out of the running but this would be a more 7/10 to Percy if anything in both Rounds.

As far as the luck potion, it might make things easier on Harry such as possibly Percy might stumble but this is only Luck it does not guarantee that he would win. After all saying anything they try succeeds is just a tag line for the potion. This was never shown to be beyond abstract things.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Name55555

@themethos said:

@name55555: E

xcuse me but I can debunk your claims with your own claims.

You have shown wands deflecting spells even at ranges of about 10 feet. This is with normal human reflexes, albeit practiced reflexes.

What is a wand? It is wood and a magical core. A piece of a magical being such as a Tail Feather, Hair, or Heartstring. Now what is Percy wielding? A sword composed of Magical metal. 1-*If all that makes a wand magical is the tiny piece of magic inside of it then the sword composed of the magical metal is equally as magical. Thus Percy's sword and a Wand are not far off from one another in magical nature. Percy's sword can deflect magic the same as a wand can deflect magic.

I know you will state that they are all using shield charms, but this is unlikely as most adult wizards didn't know shield charms in the books let alone all the students (Remember not everyone was in DA)

This is Lucius Malfoy using a shield charm to block a Stunning Charm.

In all of your video clips this is not used as this has a specific effect and appearance.

So that means when they are knocking away or parrying off spells they are doing so using their wand's magical nature to act as a medium to deflect the spells the same way Percy used his sword to deflect the bullets.

Now again I go back to the sword and wand relationship. They are both normal items a Stick and a Sword but due to the magical elements in each they become magical objects the core in the Wand and the metal of the Sword. So this is not a far stretch to say the sword and by extension the armor could deflect some types of magic (The armor would be more difficult the sword can be used the same as a wand)*

2-*Also with the Full Body Bind Curse your so fond of. I must point out that one he does not produce light as it does in the movie, that was for a visual effect. But I must note that in most examples of this, I repeat most not all, are surprise attacks. Hermione using it on Neville was done quickly and with Neville unarmed and unready for a conflict with magic, Malfoy on Harry on the train in year 6, Harry was surprised. The Death Eater in the cafe by Hermione, the death eater was dueling with Harry and Ron at the same time, thus her spell which has no light was not noted when compared to the stunner and disarming charms which both do. While there are others of course who where fully ready for a fight this curse seems best suited for a surprise attack. However, it could be defeated in much the same manner as in the clip shown above in the cafe where the defender dodges out of the way of the wand before the spell is cast. If this is done then the spell misses its target and the defender can counter attack. I do think this is doubtful for Percy to deflect, but it might be possible for it to be blocked, stopped from effecting Percy just not rebounded or tossed to the side.*

Harry Potter is shown to possesses very high speed in his dueling, as least in the movies we see the duels at high speed and yet all of us can see the spells cast, the bodies move, and even understand each action perfectly. Nothing is beyond the realm of the sight of a normal person.

Percy Jackson on the other hand can judge the path of a bullet and block not 1 but 2. He was shot in the back, however this is due to him not having eyes in the back of his head. Harry cannot deflect spells aimmed at him from behind either, a blind spot is a blind spot for a reason. So to throw away the claims of blocking bullets just because he was attacked from behind is fool-hearty as we could do the same for Harry. After all he didn't block Malfoy's Full Body Bind or Dumbledore's. But we know he is capable of deflecting spells just find.

As such the question boils down to; Can Harry defeat Percy in the first 5 seconds of the fight? Can he land 1 hit that matters?

3-*Percy is known to dodge Arrows and Bullets both which travel as fast and faster then spells, and follow lines of trajectory as the spells do. No spell has been seen twisting around walls or such. Percy can move and react at speeds beyond the human norm. So can Harry hit Percy? This is tough as Harry must land a blow on a target who is not running at him in a straight line or standing static 30 feet away but a fast moving object that is free thinking and capable of counter attacking or parrying spells back to him? Think of this in a Harry Potter frame of mind. Could harry stun the snitch or freeze the snitch in 5 seconds? The snitch and Percy could be argued to have similar speed and reaction times due to the Demi-God nature of Percy.*

4-*My guess is this; With the new suggestion of a sword being able to act as a wand and deflect or parry spells, Percy's previous showing of reaction to bullets (much faster then a normal human can react), and the fact that in previous fights Harry has not been seen to fight foes this fast and do well. (He was unable to stop the pixies for example and often needs to chase the snitch over a distance on a broom that goes much faster then he can run)*

I have to give both rounds to Percy Jackson, Harry is not out of the running but this would be a more 7/10 to Percy if anything in both Rounds.

As far as the luck potion, it might make things easier on Harry such as possibly Percy might stumble but this is only Luck it does not guarantee that he would win. After all saying anything they try succeeds is just a tag line for the potion. This was never shown to be beyond abstract things.

Wow look how much you've written!!!

ok, let's start... the first part of your post is all wrong, it's just a bunch of assumptions, infact why would you think that they are not using a "shield charm"? can you prove that harry, ron, hermione, and the deatheaters(the subjects of my videos) are using a shield of a different nature?

the secon part is also wrong(what a surprise), the aggressors in the cafe were 2, and they were obviously prepared to fight them all, hermione used pietrificus totalus during the fight, and not by "surprise" at all, he knew he was in a battle against all 3 of them (obviously)

the third part is still incorrect, as Percy never dodged bullets but just deflected them, the reason is because he can't move his body fast enough to dodge them, but only his arm to deflect them. Your example with the snitch is also incorrect because the snitch is very little while Percy is the size of a normal human.

the last part is just an hyperbole based on your personal assumption than you still have to prove rightful.

I don't think you've debunked anything.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well so far Percy still wins due to what's been said in this thread already.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Name55555

@lvenger said:

i strongly disagree with you

1) No one ever proved that Percy can dodge bullets or spells, so he cannot dodge spells

2) No one ever proved that his armor and sword can protect from non-physical spells such as pietrificus totalus, so he cannot deflect non-physical spells

The result is obvious... he can't block or dodge spells, while Harry would keep the distance with stupefy and control this battle as he likes... both rounds goes to Harry, since in Round 2 he would be under the effects of Felix Felicis.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

1) No one ever proved that Percy can dodge bullets or spells, so he cannot dodge spells

2) No one ever proved that his armor and sword can protect from non-physical spells such as pietrificus totalus, so he cannot deflect non-physical spells

The result is obvious... he can't block or dodge spells, while Harry would keep the distance with stupefy and control this battle as he likes... both rounds goes to Harry, since in Round 2 he would be under the effects of Felix Felicis.

1. We've cited the book references. And wizards with human level reflexes can dodge spells so it stands to reason that Percy with much faster reflexes than any human can easily dodge the spells.

2. They're magically enchanted and have deflected magical attacks before. Besides you still have yet to prove he can be tagged by the spells.

So I'm afraid the result is obvious that Percy has a massive advantage over Harry in every way. I've read both series of books and I can easily say that Percy outclasses Harry in every way. Your fallacious reasoning and poor excuses for arguments have been debunked countless times before. And your infuriating fanboyism undermines your case exceptionally. As it has been said before "Luck can only get you so far, Harry... Luck is not powerful enough to get through a powerful incantation.". Therefore luck won't be enough to stop Percy's earthquakes, hurricanes or other weapons he can bring to the party. Besides the multivitamins cancel out the effects of Harry's magic so it's doubtful that can come into play. It's laughable that you use it as a basis for your argument since it has no combat applicable feats to speak of. Luck won't stop Harry getting killed. Everything you've said has been debunked by either users yet you persist in presenting the same arguments over and over and over again. Quite annoying really. And you've failed to prove your arguments are right to anyone except yourself. So please spare yourself the effort of replying and accept defeat as I'm in no mood to show you up.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Name55555

@lvenger said:

@name55555 said:

@lvenger said:

1. We've cited the book references. And wizards with human level reflexes can dodge spells so it stands to reason that Percy with much faster reflexes than any human can easily dodge the spells.

2. They're magically enchanted and have deflected magical attacks before. Besides you still have yet to prove he can be tagged by the spells.

So I'm afraid the result is obvious that Percy has a massive advantage over Harry in every way. I've read both series of books and I can easily say that Percy outclasses Harry in every way. Your fallacious reasoning and poor excuses for arguments have been debunked countless times before. And your infuriating fanboyism undermines your case exceptionally. As it has been said before "Luck can only get you so far, Harry... Luck is not powerful enough to get through a powerful incantation.". Therefore luck won't be enough to stop Percy's earthquakes, hurricanes or other weapons he can bring to the party. Besides the multivitamins cancel out the effects of Harry's magic so it's doubtful that can come into play. It's laughable that you use it as a basis for your argument since it has no combat applicable feats to speak of. Luck won't stop Harry getting killed. Everything you've said has been debunked by either users yet you persist in presenting the same arguments over and over and over again. Quite annoying really. And you've failed to prove your arguments are right to anyone except yourself. So please spare yourself the effort of replying and accept defeat as I'm in no mood to show you up.

i still see no proofs of you claims, none at all.

1) what book references? No one ever citated any book references with me. He still cannot dodge bullets since he never did.

2) Again, no one ever proved that his armor or sword can protect from non-physical spells such as pietrificus totalus, so he still cannot deflect non-physical spells

I'm sorry but you are just like the others... you didn't back up your claims with any proof at all. (while i always did, and everybody can see it)

go ahead you are not making any sense, at least until you prove that point 1 and 2 are wrong.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) what book references? No one ever citated any book references with me. He still cannot dodge bullets since he never did.

2) Again, no one ever proved that his armor or sword can protect from non-physical spells such as pietrificus totalus, so he still cannot deflect non-physical spells

I'm sorry but you are just like the others... you didn't back up your claims with any proof at all. (while i always did, and everybody can see it)

go ahead you are not making any sense, at least until you prove that point 1 and 2 are wrong.

You want to talk about proof? You're sorely lacking in that department for your side of the argument.

1. From Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian, Percy reacts to Hyperion, the frickin Titan of Light's strikes even whilst blinded "Instinctively I raised Riptide, just in time. His blade crashed into mine." He then proceeds to keep up with Hyperion throughout the battle "I slashed and jabbed, letting my reflexes take over. Hyperion could barely defend himself." Now tell me, if he moves that fast to keep a Titan off his feet, how is Harry going to be able to hit him, let alone react to him getting close? There's another reference in the series to him dodging arrows, bullets and other projectiles multiple times. Go read the books for yourself because it seems you're basing it off your incredibly biased Harry Potter perspective whilst I have the luxury to have read both series, making my judgements far more credible than yours.
  2. You have yet to prove Percy is going to be hit given he has demi god reflexes and has dodged far faster things than Harry's spells.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's you who have the onus of proof thrust on you. Everything you said has been torn to shreds yet you persist in your warped, incorrect view that Percy doesn't have a chance against Harry when it's vice versa. We've provided plenty of proof and cut apart your bogus arguments easily. If the best you can do is spam them again then it's a definite sign you're in the losing position. Until you prove otherwise, Percy can take both rounds handily.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Name55555

@lvenger said:

@name55555 said:

You want to talk about proof? You're sorely lacking in that department for your side of the argument.

1. From Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian, Percy reacts to Hyperion, the frickin Titan of Light's strikes even whilst blinded "Instinctively I raised Riptide, just in time. His blade crashed into mine." He then proceeds to keep up with Hyperion throughout the battle "I slashed and jabbed, letting my reflexes take over. Hyperion could barely defend himself." Now tell me, if he moves that fast to keep a Titan off his feet, how is Harry going to be able to hit him, let alone react to him getting close? There's another reference in the series to him dodging arrows, bullets and other projectiles multiple times. Go read the books for yourself because it seems you're basing it off your incredibly biased Harry Potter perspective whilst I have the luxury to have read both series, making my judgements far more credible than yours.
  2. You have yet to prove Percy is going to be hit given he has demi god reflexes and has dodged far faster things than Harry's spells.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's you who have the onus of proof thrust on you. Everything you said has been torn to shreds yet you persist in your warped, incorrect view that Percy doesn't have a chance against Harry when it's vice versa. We've provided plenty of proof and cut apart your bogus arguments easily. If the best you can do is spam them again then it's a definite sign you're in the losing position. Until you prove otherwise, Percy can take both rounds handily.

haha ok sure! :)

i already proved everything i said that Harry could do, please don't change the subject, now...

1) What does this proves, exactly? that Percy can... fight titans? i already knew that, thanks a lot! and i even bet he was probably with some water... it doesn't matter. Can he dodge bullets? No.

2) You didn't answered the question. But i've already been told that his armor can only protect from physical and magical damage, and not from non-physical spells like pietrificus totalus.

Once again you didn't proved anything, i suggest you to take your time, find the proofs of your claims(but they probably don't exist), and then reply to me... when you actually have something, because right now, you have proven nothing.

Percy still can't dodge bullets or spells he never did, he also got shot by one.

His armor/sword is still unable to protect from non-physical spells.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i already proved everything i said that Harry could do, please don't change the subject, now...

1) What does this proves, exactly? that Percy can... fight titans? i already knew that, thanks a lot! and i even bet he was probably with some water... it doesn't matter. Can he dodge bullets? No.

2) You didn't answered the question. But i've already been told that his armor can only protect from physical and magical damage, and not from non-physical spells like pietrificus totalus.

Once again you didn't proved anything, i suggest you to take your time, find the proofs of your claims(but they probebly don't exist), and then reply to me... when you actually have something, because right now, you have proven nothing.

Percy still can't dodge bullets or spells he never did, he also got shot by one.

His armor is still unable to protect from non-physical spells.

If you mean all these videos and quotes that got debunked, then I'm not sure that counts as proof.

1. What's faster, a bullet or light? Don't be ridiculous, Hyperion was moving far faster than any spell from Harry Potter or bullet from a gun yet Percy kept up with him easily and even had him on the back foot. And I can remember him dodging bullets and arrows in the books so you're already wrong in that department.
  2. Again you have yet to prove you can even tag Percy. If ordinary humans, which wizards are physically can dodge spells, I fail to see why a demi god, who is physically superior to any human won't be able to manage dodging Harry's spells.

Once again your arguments are highly fallacious which is unsurprising given the poor claims you make. Your pathetic reasoning leaves a lot to be desired and your lack of knowledge about Percy defeats your case whereas my joint knowledge of Percy and Harry puts me in a better place to judge this fight. If you don't know anything about Percy, keep out of this thread. And Percy got shot in the back by one. He does not have eyes in the back of his head. That's why reading both series comes in handy. I suggest you take your time to come up with a better argument then come back here because you've proved nothing as to how Percy can lose to Harry. Until then, have a nice day.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Name55555

@lvenger said:

@name55555 said:

Once again you didn't proved anything, i suggest you to take your time, find the proofs of your claims(but they probebly don't exist), and then reply to me... when you actually have something, because right now, you have proven nothing.

His armor is still unable to protect from non-physical spells.

If you mean all these videos and quotes that got debunked, then I'm not sure that counts as proof.

1. What's faster, a bullet or light? Don't be ridiculous, Hyperion was moving far faster than any spell from Harry Potter or bullet from a gun yet Percy kept up with him easily and even had him on the back foot. And I can remember him dodging bullets and arrows in the books so you're already wrong in that department.
  2. Again you have yet to prove you can even tag Percy. If ordinary humans, which wizards are physically can dodge spells, I fail to see why a demi god, who is physically superior to any human won't be able to manage dodging Harry's spells.

Once again your arguments are highly fallacious which is unsurprising given the poor claims you make. Your pathetic reasoning leaves a lot to be desired and your lack of knowledge about Percy defeats your case whereas my joint knowledge of Percy and Harry puts me in a better place to judge this fight. If you don't know anything about Percy, keep out of this thread. And Percy got shot in the back by one. He does not have eyes in the back of his head. That's why reading both series comes in handy. I suggest you take your time to come up with a better argument then come back here because you've proved nothing as to how Percy can lose to Harry. Until then, have a nice day.

1) Ok, so let me get this straight, Percy was fighting at the speed of light... Why would anyone believe your claims? and even if he was, i know some stuff about Percy Jackson, he doesn't move the speed of light because normaly(outside of the water), his speed is just slightly above peak human. stop lying no one is going to believe that Percy can move the speed of light!! hah (again, he never dodged a bullet or anything similar without power-up)

2) You are still ignoring the fact that his armor can't protect Percy from Pietrificus Totalus. A spell than even a 12yr Hermione could cast and that would make this a ridiculous "fight" so...

oh and 1 more thing.

Humans can't dodge spells, i already proved it and i can do it again if you like, but remember that you never proved point1 and also ignored point 2(more than once)... good job! ;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Lvenger

1) Ok, so let me get this straight, Percy was fighting at the speed of light... Why would anyone believe your claims? and even if he was, i know some stuff about Percy Jackson, he doesn't move the speed of light because normaly(outside of the water), he's physical stats are just slightly above peak human. stop lying no one is going to believe that Percy can move the speed of light!! hah (again, he never dodged a bullet or anything similar without power-up)

2) You are still ignoring the fact that his armor can't protect Percy from Pietrificus Totalus. A spell than even a 12yr Hermione could cast and that would make this a ridiculous "fight", so...

oh and 1 more thing.

Wizards can't dodge spells, i already proved it and i can do it again if you like, but remember that you never proved point1 and also ignored point 2(more than once)... good job! ;)

1. No I never said that. But Hyperion was a fast opponent that much is clear. For Percy to keep up with him means he definitely has greater than human reflexes. And if humans can dodge spells, then Percy can with ease. Bullets travel much faster than the spells in Harry Potter ever did.
  2. No I'm not. I simply say that Percy can't get tagged by it. Besides it's not Harry's usual style to use that spell. He focuses on defence against the dark arts spells mostly like Expelliarmus and Stupefy. Stupefy will only mildly affect Percy and Riptide appears in Percy's pocket not long after it disappears. Not that it'll do anything because Celestial Bronze can't harm mortals. But Percy has earthquakes, hurricanes and hydrokinetic abilities, all of which you laughably overlook in the fight. Harry has no defence against those. He was affected by the stormy conditions of the Quidditch match in the Prisoner of Azkhaban. He nearly drowned in Goblet of Fire after the Gillyweed expired. And if Dumbledore can almost drown Voldermort, one of the most powerful and skilled wizards of all time, Harry has no chance of breaking out of a massive tidal wave or other attacks Percy can throw at him.

No you haven't proved such a thing. Wizards dodge spells all the fricking time in Harry Potter. They can't even penetrate solid objects at times. So whilst I've addressed all your points, you haven't addressed Percy's wide and versatile range of abilities he has to offer. All the more reason why your position is undermined. Like I said, go back and do some research on Percy and come up with better arguments because your best is sorely lacking. And this isn't even my best debating skills. Being a 2 year veteran has its advantages at picking out the flawed battle forum posts you see. So until you come up with a better argument, actual feats and proper reasoning dictates that Percy wins.

TheMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555: I am afraid there is a difference between you not wanting to believe something and it not being true. I have read every post (Thank you all for making 5 pages worth seriously) and your claims are wild and impossible to prove. Your assumption and that is all it is that the Luck Potion could solo this is wildly without proof.

While those arguing that Percy would win have held up Example after Example you have waved them off simply due to your not wanting to hear of it. This is not dissimilar to someone not wanting to hear the world is round despite evidence of this.

Your argument can be boiled down to this; "I don't believe you" I very much doubt if J.K Rowling herself posted to this thread saying Harry would lose that you would be inclined to believe her.

1. Again you have shown the videos of the fights. None of their deflections, parrying, or blocks look like what Lucius did. In fact look again at the photo, the position of his wand is to the side while the spell is hitting the center of the photo (Right over Lucius) this is not the same style of blocking a spell and just because you WISH they where using a different spell does not mean they are. In fact the Weasly Twins explained that many adult Wizards could not perform a proper shield spell meaning it is not a simple matter to use. In fact Harry had to teach kids this spell over a year in private while the Weasly Twins made money off it by enchanting items with a Permanent Shield spell. This means it is highly unlikely everyone in Harry Potter knows the Protego spell. And since I have showed that the spell Lucius uses and the actions of everyone else is indeed not the same they are not using a shield charm.

2. Again I will repeat this. He was at this point fighting 3 on 1. (Also do not go by the movies, the books are far superior, I do think you tend to lean toward the movies which are less about story and skil and more about 'oh look at the pretty effects') While he was fighting Ron and Harry are on one side of the room and Hermione on the other side separated by the center isle. Harry and Ron are casting Disarming and Stunning spells. These spells are often described as Red jets of light. Hermione's Full Body Bind produced no light what so ever. So what would have garnered his attention more? The red jets of light that where obvious threats or the very limited movement of a girl to his right forward who could be doing anything. If she where simply changing position then he would have taken his eyes off the boys for nothing and risked being knocked out.

3. In fact he has dodged bullet, much in the way you pointed out that Harry and the others dodged spells in the cafe clip. This was in Sea of Monsters and he dodged a Cannonball in the same way. Granted so did Annabeth and Tyson. He has dodged arrows whos speed are very similar to that of the spells. He has deflected bullets are close range meaning his reflexes are Superhuman.

4. Actually no, size is not what matters here. Should I have been talking about Hermione I would agree with you but Harry can see the Snitch in flight so its much better then that. I said could Harry cast a spell to hit the snitch. We have provided proof that Percy is not a Wizard and does not fight like one. He fights more like the Snitch using fast movements to out flank and attack.

4.5. You claim Wizards are virtually all Powerful in this sense of combat. But wizards keep distance for a reason in fact in the first duel of the series (Book 1) they mention no physical combat specifically. This is because Wizards do not know how to fight hand to hand, they can only use their wands. So their combat is more about reflex over speed. Watch all those fights again carefully. They rarely move unless their opponent is down and no longer a threat. They do not fight like Percy who moves, dodges, and covers ground and takes cover if need be. No they fight like turrets firing at one another till one or the other falls. They stand in the same location and fire, using their reflex speed to parry off spells. However this is not going to be that type of fight. Simply put Percy is using to dodging and taking cover, moving around in combat. Where Harry is used to standing out in the open and flinging spells back and forth at one another till one falls down. They will take cover if need be and if one is very close by, such as a table or rock next to them but still they do not make use of this to re-position they instead duck down and sling spells hopping their cover takes the spells instead of them.

5. Yes I stated it was my Guess. If that was not clear I am sorry but I did write it was my guess.

6. Your method of argument for Harry to win is "He would just cast one spell and it would be over" However that is a ridiculously faulty assumption. But Harry has never instantly beat anyone he did not take by total surprise. He has always had to fight them and get in a lucky shot. Often in a duel he is with someone else. The exceptions have exceptions of their own Voldemort's duels with Harry always have some plot reason as to why Harry is still alive. You have not proven that Harry can track and attack a fast moving normal Human let alone a Demi-God who's physical strength would mean he is much faster then Harry in running, though he could simply come at him from a different angle, circle him, etc. Your assumption that the Luck Potion would allow him to land a 'Lucky' shot is false as well as we have NEVER seen it done. You like to point out that Professor Slughorn dueled Voldemort and lived and that this is proof. However, he was dueling alongside Professor McGonagall, and Auror and former body guard for the Prime Minister of the Muggle World Kingsley. These are two highly skilled wizards (McGonagall is a witch I know but the sentence sounded funny if I wrote them both) who are not to be taken lightly. How can you prove that the luck for Horace was not that these two where free to join him in a duel against Voldemort. Also please note that Horace did not land an instant hit or killing blow instantly in this duel he held his own when it was 3 on 1 and he was 1 of the 3.

@lvenger: I am beginning to believe that other person was correct. That nothing shown or proven will suffice it for this person and that J.K. Rowling herself could not convince him even if she is Rick Riordan posted a piece of work where Percy kicks Harry's butt.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Name55555

@lvenger said:

@name55555 said:

1) Ok, so let me get this straight, Percy was fighting at the speed of light... Why would anyone believe your claims? and even if he was, i know some stuff about Percy Jackson, he doesn't move the speed of light because normaly(outside of the water), he's physical stats are just slightly above peak human. stop lying no one is going to believe that Percy can move the speed of light!! hah (again, he never dodged a bullet or anything similar without power-up)

2) You are still ignoring the fact that his armor can't protect Percy from Pietrificus Totalus. A spell than even a 12yr Hermione could cast and that would make this a ridiculous "fight", so...

oh and 1 more thing.

Wizards can't dodge spells, i already proved it and i can do it again if you like, but remember that you never proved point1 and also ignored point 2(more than once)... good job! ;)

1. No I never said that. But Hyperion was a fast opponent that much is clear. For Percy to keep up with him means he definitely has greater than human reflexes. And if humans can dodge spells, then Percy can with ease. Bullets travel much faster than the spells in Harry Potter ever did.
  2. No I'm not. I simply say that Percy can't get tagged by it. Besides it's not Harry's usual style to use that spell. He focuses on defence against the dark arts spells mostly like Expelliarmus and Stupefy. Stupefy will only mildly affect Percy and Riptide appears in Percy's pocket not long after it disappears. Not that it'll do anything because Celestial Bronze can't harm mortals. But Percy has earthquakes, hurricanes and hydrokinetic abilities, all of which you laughably overlook in the fight. Harry has no defence against those. He was affected by the stormy conditions of the Quidditch match in the Prisoner of Azkhaban. He nearly drowned in Goblet of Fire after the Gillyweed expired. And if Dumbledore can almost drown Voldermort, one of the most powerful and skilled wizards of all time, Harry has no chance of breaking out of a massive tidal wave or other attacks Percy can throw at him.

No you haven't proved such a thing. Wizards dodge spells all the fricking time in Harry Potter. They can't even penetrate solid objects at times. So whilst I've addressed all your points, you haven't addressed Percy's wide and versatile range of abilities he has to offer. All the more reason why your position is undermined. Like I said, go back and do some research on Percy and come up with better arguments because your best is sorely lacking. And this isn't even my best debating skills. Being a 2 year veteran has its advantages at picking out the flawed battle forum posts you see. So until you come up with a better argument, actual feats and proper reasoning dictates that Percy wins.

ok so we are back to the point where i have to prove that spells can't be dodged by humans?

ok, but first

1) you said: "What's faster, a bullet or light?" implying that Hyperion was moving as fast as light, and Percy was faster then him, so according to what you said, Percy was faster than light... ridiculous. Again, I know some stuff about Percy and his speed outside of the water doesn't allow him to dodge bullets. No one ever proved it, and he also already got shot, all the evicences are in my favor, you need to be more objective

2) So by ignoring this point, what you are saying is that he can't resist that spell anyway, right? fine i think the same, i'm glad we finally agree on something

now, i will prove again that normal humans can't dodge spells... here we go:

Loading Video...

I think this is a good example of what you say is dodging spells... that scene was not different from any other action movie shooting scene you can find, where they use guns instead of wands, if that was dodging, then this is also dodging:(0:05)

Loading Video...

and this is also dodging (0:25) (spoiler- DJGANGO)

Loading Video...

and there are a lots of other scenes like this, so apparently... humans can dodge bullets now?

No, i don't think so. But according to your logic, they can.

Do you see why you're wrong, now?

Ok, now i want you to watch this video and tell me honestly if you don't believe that Harry could do the same to Percy... Be objective please!

Loading Video...

thank you

TheMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By TheMethos

@name55555

: Your last video clip, the one with Hermione and Ron is a perfect example of the Turret style of combat. Look at Ron (Who we all agree is the WEAKEST of the 3) he does not move, he does not dodge to the side to get out of her obvious line of sight (She has her wand already raised before he does anything) he does not even charge at her. He stands static where he was. He attempts to raise his wand but he is too slow. But this is not how Percy Jackson fights, in fact given that this is how EVERY fight in Harry Potter goes this is exact proof of why he would lose.

Percy moves constantly, he would have been moving through the room forcing Hermione to change where she was pointing. If she fired the spell she had a good chance of aiming where he had been not where he was going, in fact given his rate of movement it would be likely even if she aimed ahead of him she might miss if she didn't judge his speed correctly

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Name55555

@themethos said:

@name55555: I

am afraid there is a difference between you not wanting to believe something and it not being true. I have read every post (Thank you all for making 5 pages worth seriously) and your claims are wild and impossible to prove. Your assumption and that is all it is that the Luck Potion could solo this is wildly without proof.

While those arguing that Percy would win have held up Example after Example you have waved them off simply due to your not wanting to hear of it. This is not dissimilar to someone not wanting to hear the world is round despite evidence of this.

Your argument can be boiled down to this; "I don't believe you" I very much doubt if J.K Rowling herself posted to this thread saying Harry would lose that you would be inclined to believe her.

1. Again you have shown the videos of the fights. None of their deflections, parrying, or blocks look like what Lucius did. In fact look again at the photo, the position of his wand is to the side while the spell is hitting the center of the photo (Right over Lucius) this is not the same style of blocking a spell and just because you WISH they where using a different spell does not mean they are. In fact the Weasly Twins explained that many adult Wizards could not perform a proper shield spell meaning it is not a simple matter to use. In fact Harry had to teach kids this spell over a year in private while the Weasly Twins made money off it by enchanting items with a Permanent Shield spell. This means it is highly unlikely everyone in Harry Potter knows the Protego spell. And since I have showed that the spell Lucius uses and the actions of everyone else is indeed not the same they are not using a shield charm.

2. Again I will repeat this. He was at this point fighting 3 on 1. (Also do not go by the movies, the books are far superior, I do think you tend to lean toward the movies which are less about story and skil and more about 'oh look at the pretty effects') While he was fighting Ron and Harry are on one side of the room and Hermione on the other side separated by the center isle. Harry and Ron are casting Disarming and Stunning spells. These spells are often described as Red jets of light. Hermione's Full Body Bind produced no light what so ever. So what would have garnered his attention more? The red jets of light that where obvious threats or the very limited movement of a girl to his right forward who could be doing anything. If she where simply changing position then he would have taken his eyes off the boys for nothing and risked being knocked out.

3. In fact he has dodged bullet, much in the way you pointed out that Harry and the others dodged spells in the cafe clip. This was in Sea of Monsters and he dodged a Cannonball in the same way. Granted so did Annabeth and Tyson. He has dodged arrows whos speed are very similar to that of the spells. He has deflected bullets are close range meaning his reflexes are Superhuman.

4. Actually no, size is not what matters here. Should I have been talking about Hermione I would agree with you but Harry can see the Snitch in flight so its much better then that. I said could Harry cast a spell to hit the snitch. We have provided proof that Percy is not a Wizard and does not fight like one. He fights more like the Snitch using fast movements to out flank and attack.

4.5. You claim Wizards are virtually all Powerful in this sense of combat. But wizards keep distance for a reason in fact in the first duel of the series (Book 1) they mention no physical combat specifically. This is because Wizards do not know how to fight hand to hand, they can only use their wands. So their combat is more about reflex over speed. Watch all those fights again carefully. They rarely move unless their opponent is down and no longer a threat. They do not fight like Percy who moves, dodges, and covers ground and takes cover if need be. No they fight like turrets firing at one another till one or the other falls. They stand in the same location and fire, using their reflex speed to parry off spells. However this is not going to be that type of fight. Simply put Percy is using to dodging and taking cover, moving around in combat. Where Harry is used to standing out in the open and flinging spells back and forth at one another till one falls down. They will take cover if need be and if one is very close by, such as a table or rock next to them but still they do not make use of this to re-position they instead duck down and sling spells hopping their cover takes the spells instead of them.

5. Yes I stated it was my Guess. If that was not clear I am sorry but I did write it was my guess.

6. Your method of argument for Harry to win is "He would just cast one spell and it would be over" However that is a ridiculously faulty assumption. But Harry has never instantly beat anyone he did not take by total surprise. He has always had to fight them and get in a lucky shot. Often in a duel he is with someone else. The exceptions have exceptions of their own Voldemort's duels with Harry always have some plot reason as to why Harry is still alive. You have not proven that Harry can track and attack a fast moving normal Human let alone a Demi-God who's physical strength would mean he is much faster then Harry in running, though he could simply come at him from a different angle, circle him, etc. Your assumption that the Luck Potion would allow him to land a 'Lucky' shot is false as well as we have NEVER seen it done. You like to point out that Professor Slughorn dueled Voldemort and lived and that this is proof. However, he was dueling alongside Professor McGonagall, and Auror and former body guard for the Prime Minister of the Muggle World Kingsley. These are two highly skilled wizards (McGonagall is a witch I know but the sentence sounded funny if I wrote them both) who are not to be taken lightly. How can you prove that the luck for Horace was not that these two where free to join him in a duel against Voldemort. Also please note that Horace did not land an instant hit or killing blow instantly in this duel he held his own when it was 3 on 1 and he was 1 of the 3.

@lvenger

: I am beginning to believe that other person was correct. That nothing shown or proven will suffice it for this person and that J.K. Rowling herself could not convince him even if she is Rick Riordan posted a piece of work where Percy kicks Harry's butt.

i'm sorry this is actually the first time i have to say this... but your post is actually so full of mistakes that i have to declare it completely wrong.

1) 100% arguable, that's just your visual perspective on the matter. To me, it looks the opposite. You can't make a case over this, you need to be more objectvie.

2) and again i will repeat, if you are going to attack someone, you can assume that that someone would fight back!

3) Normally he can't move fast enough to dodge bullets, you need to prove he can since he never did.

4) yes size do matter when you are trying to hit something, are you kidding me?

4.5) incorrect, my claim is that wizards are trained to fight like wizards and not like warriors.

5) totally unnecessary

6) infact he would. These are the reasons:

- No one ever proved that Percy can dodge bullets or spells, so he cannot dodge spells

- No one ever proved that his armor and sword can protect from non-physical spells such as pietrificus totalus, so he cannot deflect non-physical spells

in conclusion, i can't tell if you are being serious or not, because this post was really filled with mistakes all over the place. Next time, you should try to make sense. ;)

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Name55555

@themethos said:

@name55555

: Your last video clip, the one with Hermione and Ron is a perfect example of the Turret style of combat. Look at Ron (Who we all agree is the WEAKEST of the 3) he does not move, he does not dodge to the side to get out of her obvious line of sight (She has her wand already raised before he does anything) he does not even charge at her. He stands static where he was. He attempts to raise his wand but he is too slow. But this is not how Percy Jackson fights, in fact given that this is how EVERY fight in Harry Potter goes this is exact proof of why he would lose.

Percy moves constantly, he would have been moving through the room forcing Hermione to change where she was pointing. If she fired the spell she had a good chance of aiming where he had been not where he was going, in fact given his rate of movement it would be likely even if she aimed ahead of him she might miss if she didn't judge his speed correctly

i suspect that you didn't even watched that clip, because it is actually a compilation of all the time they use stupefy.

In the other video you are referring to, they were doing a duel "cowbow-style", so of course they wouldn't move at all.

your claims are also once again incorrect, because ron did the first move, and Hermione anticipated him.

again, all wrong, just to prove a point you are lying to yourself... i don't know what to think of you at this point!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Lvenger

@name55555: You know, I finally see what the other guy was going on about. You've completely deluded yourself into believing Harry can win. How sad. In any case, this is a wasted conversation so until someone more credible comes along, I'll leave this thread. All the points I want to make have been made and virtually everyone has debunked your flawed posts so your credibility is in tatters about this fight.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@name55555: You know, I finally see what the other guy was going on about. You've completely deluded yourself into believing Harry can win. How sad. In any case, this is a wasted conversation so until someone more credible comes along, I'll leave this thread. All the points I want to make have been made and virtually everyone has debunked your flawed posts so your credibility is in tatters about this fight.

Good for you! Next time you should bring some proof too, so that people would believe what you say.

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555: Percy has dodged lightning, blocked bullets, fought gods and Titans, shown that he does not need to be in water to draw strength from it, is equipped with magical weapons and armor, moves faster than most humans can blink, he can summon hurricanes and earthquakes, and summon an ocean in the Texas panhandle.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortium said:

@name55555: Percy has dodged lightning, blocked bullets, fought gods and Titans, shown that he does not need to be in water to draw strength from it, is equipped with magical weapons and armor, moves faster than most humans can blink, he can summon hurricanes and earthquakes, and summon an ocean in the Texas panhandle.

sure