• 168 results
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostRider29

Both are book versions only. Morals are off, Eragon gets his dragon. Battle is near a river. They start off with Eragon on Saphira 100 feet away and Percy ten feet away from the river. Who wins?  

vs. 

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Neither one are comic characters.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By difficlus

Percy Jackson is basically unbeatable when he gets in water. I'd root for him though i barely know anything about eragon

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jezer

...Shouldn't Percy get his flying Pegasus Black Jack?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By difficlus
@Jezer said:
...Shouldn't Percy get his flying Pegasus Black Jack?
it only gives him flying advantage -which he doesn't need- its better to keep him in water.  
he should be invulnerable to whatever the dragon lands on him.  
I'd also say he has better combat speed, deflecting bullets with his sword in sea of monsters compared to eragon catching arrows. 
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jezer

Eh, I guess you're right. I just saw the comparison between Percy being able to talk to Black Jack with his mind. And Eragon doing the same with Saphira. 
But...lol all BlackJack can really do in this fight is fly, so he'd be worthless -  which is what you said.

I'm not entirely sure that Percy has faster combat speed than Eragon, who got boosted into an elf giving him superhuman strength, speed, everything. 

I'd put them as equal since I forget the specific examples of how much faster Elfs were than humans.  
Furthermore, there aren't bullets in Eragon. You can't really argue that Percy is faster since the projectiles he deflected are faster than the projectiles Eragon caught - they both are faster than the projectiles of their respective worlds.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By difficlus
@Jezer said:
Eh, I guess you're right. I just saw the comparison between Percy being able to talk to Black Jack with his mind. And Eragon doing the same with Saphira. But...lol all BlackJack can really do in this fight is fly, so he'd be worthless -  which is what you said. I'm not entirely sure that Percy has faster combat speed than Eragon, who got boosted into an elf giving him superhuman strength, speed, everything.  I'd put them as equal since I forget the specific examples of how much faster Elfs were than humans.  Furthermore, there aren't bullets in Eragon. You can't really argue that Percy is faster since the projectiles he deflected are faster than the projectiles Eragon caught - they both are faster than the projectiles of their respective worlds.
In the last book after becoming invulnerable bullets bounce off him and arrows and swords shatter on his skin, stuff like bombs/grenades cause no harm at all. He becomes basically unkillable. Only high tier magic can affect him. In water he has limitless stamina and augmented strength and skill, with his ADHD he has acutely sharp combat senses. 
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jezer

Yeah, the Elf upgrade for Eragon and River Styx upgrade for Percy is what makes this a really good fight. 

I forget, did Percy ever show any telepathic defense or skill?
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

With moral off, actually even with morals on, Eragon could break into his mind and kill him with 1 word.
Death words have to be restricted for this fight

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Final Arrow

@buttersdaman000: It has never been shown how magic works against demi and gods within inheritance we can't just assume it will work!

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus
@Jezer said:
Yeah, the Elf upgrade for Eragon and River Styx upgrade for Percy is what makes this a really good fight.  I forget, did Percy ever show any telepathic defense or skill?
..he did fight off Kronos trying to come into his mind...but that was in dreams. 
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jezer

I don't know, I figured Death Words wouldn't work on him with his invunerability - since harming that one spot is supposed to be the only way to kill Percy. 

But then I figured Eragon could break into his mind and find his weakpoint.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Final Arrow
Magic doesnt work the same in Eragons books as they do most others though. All he has to do is break into Percys mind and say/think a death word....and Percy will die, whether it be from heart stoppage, nerve in his brain being shut off, or whatever.

@Jezer
I think Eragons regular magic wont work as well on Percy since he is a demigod. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By difficlus
@buttersdaman000: No the only way to damage or kill him (physically or otherwise) is the spot on his back. His entire soul and body is invulnerable from death. He's unkillable. 
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jezer
@difficlus said:
@Jezer said:
Yeah, the Elf upgrade for Eragon and River Styx upgrade for Percy is what makes this a really good fight.  I forget, did Percy ever show any telepathic defense or skill?
..he did fight off Kronos trying to come into his mind...but that was in dreams. 

Oh okay. I don't think that's enough to show he can stand up to Eragon's telepathic assualt, though.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000
@difficlus
Ahh ok...so his heart cant even be commanded to stop beating?
Also, how powerful does the magic have to be to effect Percy?

But, if Eragon couldnt possibly defeat Percy through sword combat since he is invulnerable that only leave telepathy and magic.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By difficlus
@buttersdaman000 said:
@difficlus:  Ahh ok...so his heart cant even be commanded to stop beating? Also, how powerful does the magic have to be to effect Percy?  But, if Eragon couldnt possibly defeat Percy through sword combat since he is invulnerable that only leave telepathy and magic.
Only Lord Kronos has been seen affecting him. The usual magic that would kill him doesn't hurt him anymore. However Kronos slows/freezes down time (he's the god of time) and though percy wasn't completely frozen he was moving in slow motion only. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Final Arrow

@buttersdaman000: I have read the Eragon books but what I am saying we have never seen how this magic would work against a demi god or god, we have never seen how his magic would effect anyone of that level.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buttersdaman000
@difficlus
Hmm I dont think eragons magic would work then......maybe if he combined his strength with Saphira, but seeing as how a god couldnt completely affect Percy, I dont think Eragon and Saphira should. 
That only leaves TP, which Eragon is a master with. He could break into Percy's mind and incapacitate him with pain and sift through his thoughts until he finds Percys one weak point.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Final Arrow
I dont think magic would work anymore
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By difficlus
@buttersdaman000 said:
@difficlus:  Hmm I dont think eragons magic would work then......maybe if he combined his strength with Saphira, but seeing as how a god couldnt completely affect Percy, I dont think Eragon and Saphira should.  That only leaves TP, which Eragon is a master with. He could break into Percy's mind and incapacitate him with pain and sift through his thoughts until he finds Percys one weak point.
I doubt he'd know that at first. meanwhile percy closes the distance and goes for a kill. 
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GhostRider29
@CitizenBane
Don't need to be.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000
@difficlus
With morals of the first thing Eragon would do is break into Percys mind and use a death word. Once that fails he would probably press harder into percys mind, causing a lot of pain in the process. Once he finds the reason he keeps up his assault, walks up to percy and stabs him in his weak spot.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jezer

I forget, in the first book was Eragon battling Durza(the Shade) with his sword while they were struggling against each other's mind?
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Jezer
Yeah, but Durza's memories were screwing with Eragon which allowed Durza to slash him in the back before Eragon could react
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus
@buttersdaman000: I'm not even sure this telepathy will work. Is it based on magic?
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jezer
@buttersdaman000 said:
@Jezer:  Yeah, but Durza's memories were screwing with Eragon which allowed Durza to slash him in the back before Eragon could react

Okay. Just making sure he can sword fight and telepathically fight at the same time. 

Difficlus- I don't remember his telepathy being based in magic. But I'm not too sure. However, I think it's different from the magic they use - as I don't remember him using wards or saying anything to perform it.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By buttersdaman000
@difficlus
No, I just think you have to be trained in it. But it comes easier to those who can wield magic.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By difficlus
@buttersdaman000 said:
@difficlus:  No, I just think you have to be trained in it. But it comes easier to those who can wield magic.
Ok then. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By progenitorigin

I'll go with Percy Jackson here.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jojjimbo

Percy Jackson.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By buttersdaman000
@jojjimbo: @progenitor

Why?
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By isaac_clarke

Rooting for Eragon since this thread reminded me how he had some solid telepathy going on in the books.

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By venomyak

eragon uses telepathy  to win plus i think a sleep spell might work on percy
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GhostRider29

Wow there are some good arguements here.
davdjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By davdjams

by putting percy near water this has made things very difficult for eragon but as people have already established death words would be effective in this case.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jezer

@davdjams said:

by putting percy near water this has made things very difficult for eragon but as people have already established death words would be effective in this case.

They wouldn't because most death words shut down the heart or affect parts of the body that are invunerable on Percy.

Eragon would have to break into his mind, find out his weakness, and specifically attack the small of his back.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Eragon has this, TP should be enough, he has also a better sword and Saphira is here, I really can't see how Percy could win. If somehow Percy resists TP, then one of the twelve killing spells, or a decently powerfull magic blast should do.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By CainPanell

Hmmm......

TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@Jezer: Percy is not invulnerable anymore.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By buttersdaman000

Final book Eragon should take this without a hitch 

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jezer

@TheMightyAvenger said:

@Jezer: Percy is not invulnerable anymore.

I'm almost positive the Percy in this thread is the invunerable one that was featured throughout most of the last book.

TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@Jezer: OP only states that they are book versions, which implies the most current one, and in Neptune's Son he loses the curse. But even if he had the curse Eragon would still defeat him, would be a better fight but Eragon is still out of his league in terms of swordsmanship and mental powers, this might change though, as there are still a few more books to come.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jezer

@TheMightyAvenger said:

@Jezer: OP only states that they are book versions, which implies the most current one, and in Neptune's Son he loses the curse. But even if he had the curse Eragon would still defeat him, would be a better fight but Eragon is still out of his league in terms of swordsmanship and mental powers, this might change though, as there are still a few more books to come.

Neptune's Son was released in October after this thread was initially made, thus the current book version the OP meant was him at the end of the last Olympian.

Also, why do you think Percy is out of league in his swordsmanship? What argument do you have for that?

Avatar image for alex_tides145210
Alex_Tides145210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Alex_Tides145210

waste of time after the last book percy became invincible with only one secret weak spot eragon is toast

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By venomyak

Eragon: "Slytha"

(Percy passes out and Eragon stabs him)

TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@Jezer: Oh yeah, didn't see when the thread was made.

As for why Eragon is out of his league, first Eragon has the body of an elf, which makes him stroger, faster, and gives him better reflexes than a normal human, and he has better training with better masters, he was trained by Brom, trained with Murtagh, Arya and Oromis, while Percy is more of a self taught swordsman, he never had any formal training ( unless you count his few classes with Luke ). With the curse Eragon can't really hurt him in a direct way, so he'd have to enter Percy's mind and discover his weak spot.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#48  Edited By The Impersonator

Isn't this supposed to be a battle between comic book characters? :P

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Skaddix

Eragon. Sure Percy is immune to physical attacks pretty much but that will not stop Eragon from breaking into Percy's mind and crushing it.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jezer

@TheMightyAvenger said:

@Jezer: Oh yeah, didn't see when the thread was made.

As for why Eragon is out of his league, first Eragon has the body of an elf, which makes him stroger, faster, and gives him better reflexes than a normal human, and he has better training with better masters, he was trained by Brom, trained with Murtagh, Arya and Oromis, while Percy is more of a self taught swordsman, he never had any formal training ( unless you count his few classes with Luke ). With the curse Eragon can't really hurt him in a direct way, so he'd have to enter Percy's mind and discover his weak spot.

Percy is a demi-god which gave him natural fighting skill, speed, and reflexes before he was even trained at Camp Half Blood. He's matched blades with The God of War who's been alive for how many thousands of years? And managed to injure him. He's matched swords with the God of Time. He's extremely battle tested, regardless of not being trained as extensively as Eragon, which shows his skill.

Training doesn't necessarily matter - Murtagh was able to best Eragon despite his training at the Battle of Burning Plains. Roran was able to best a multitude of soldiers despite his lack of training.

I wouldn't say either of them have necessarily shown better sword skill than the other. They're both proficient swordsmen who rely a great deal on their swordsmanship.

But yes, Eragon would win through his mental attack.