#1 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlust
  • Fight takes place with them 10 ft apart from each other both 10 ft from the sea water
  • Percy gets Riptide and Aquaman is Pre-52
  • Percy gets usual gear and Aquaman gets all his usual Pre-52 gear

WHO WINS? And Please do not just say who wins state the reason why you think that.

#2 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

With water Aquaman stomps Percy.

#3 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

What can percy do?

Doesn't he have Zeus's lightning?

#4 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

With water Aquaman has many more feats than Percy. Those feats are also more impressive than Percy's.

#5 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

what equipment does percy have? if he has the achilies curse then he wins this with not much difficulty. percy also has water solidification meaning he can solidify the water to make a shield but i guess they are both immune to water so water capabilities wouldnt matter in this fight, and percy can control the earth and cause hurricanes which will grant him the win.

#6 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman: water doesnt matter since percy is immune to it.

#7 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok if it's the book version I am going to have to give it to Percy.

#8 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Percy. Isn't he immune to water? So even if Aquaman has water what is he going to do to Percy? Punch him? That will only do so much when Percy has an entire arsenal of god-like weapons, like Riptide, etc.

#9 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I assumed movie version. My mistake. I've never read the books, I can't really say much.

#10 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

well considering percy held up the sky with achilies curse a punch would be enough to tear aquaman apart and considering riptide could hurt gods it should destroy aquaman and even without his equipments he has many water techniques and if these water techniques dont work on aquaman percy can use geokinesis and and aerokinesis.

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

If Percy has Achilles Curse, its a quick win. If not, then its a much, much more difficult fight... but I think Percy might still win.

#12 Posted by morgrim (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

percy for the win with or without the curse of achillies

#13 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy with Achilles Curse takes out Aquaman mainly because Arthur will not know the right spot to hit him

#14 Posted by dwade (62 posts) - - Show Bio

cmon what will do aquaman, throw him a fish or maybe a whale jajaja i dont know but i go 4 aquaman

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#16 Edited by ShootingNova (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

If Percy has Achilles' Curse, he wins with quite some ease. If not, he still probably wins after a while.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

With water Aquaman has many more feats than Percy. Those feats are also more impressive than Percy's.

Not exactly too relevant since Percy is also amped by water and is immune/immensely resistant to aqua-based attacks.

He also has aerokinesis, geokinesis and so on. Percy also possesses clairvoyant and precognitive senses.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

With water Aquaman stomps Percy.

This is not even remotely true, not even in the slightest. Although the lack of reasoning that follows his hardly surprising, though you probably don't have any correct reasoning in any case.

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Aquaman.

I'm not exactly challenging you or something, but I just want reasons that pertain to to Aquaman winning?

#18 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

If Percy has Achilles' Curse, he wins with quite some ease. If not, he still probably wins after a while.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

With water Aquaman has many more feats than Percy. Those feats are also more impressive than Percy's.

Not exactly too relevant since Percy is also amped by water and is immune/immensely resistant to aqua-based attacks.

He also has aerokinesis, geokinesis and so on. Percy also possesses clairvoyant and precognitive senses.

He has only displayed both very limited times, and his clairvoyant abilities require him to be asleep.

Not to mention that Riptide wouldn't be able to affect Aquaman, and in a straight up punching contest Aquaman wins with relative ease.

#19 Posted by ShootingNova (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: This isn't a straight up punchbag knockaround.

And he possess clairvoyant-ish abilities out of sleep as well, because its how he is so skilled in swordsmanship and so aware of his surroundings.

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the point of bringing up The Curse of Achilles when he currently doesn't possess it after crossing through Roman waters.

Percy should win due to his greater versatility with his powers.

Moderator
#21 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Sword won't work on Aquaman, as it is made from Celestial Bronze which only affects Creatures, People associated with the Gods or the Gods themselves.

There for that makes it a straight up knockabout plus Percy doesn't have Curse of Achilles as of the lastest book.

Aquaman would win, despite Percy's powers as he relies on his swordmanship WAY too much.

#22 Posted by morgrim (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: i hate seeing in percy jackson fights someone who says riptide wouldnt affect the opponent because they r not a monster, it is painfully obvious that in a fight between percy and someone else where percy is given riptide that riptide will work on the opponent

#23 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

If I allow it then I mean that it will work on Aquaman...your reasoning is valid but my Op allows Percy's sword to injure Aquaman.

All your OP stated was that he GOT Riptide. Never stated whether it worked or not to be entirely pedantic. I was just using charcter knowledge to further Aquaman's argument.

@morgrim said:

i hate seeing in percy jackson fights someone who says riptide wouldnt affect the opponent because they r not a monster, it is painfully obvious that in a fight between percy and someone else where percy is given riptide that riptide will work on the opponent

You have a genuine point here. However the reason I stated this is because unless the OP states something then you go by the character's predetermined traits. That trait being that Riptide cannot affect non-Mythical beings.

#24 Posted by ShootingNova (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@ShootingNova:

Sword won't work on Aquaman, as it is made from Celestial Bronze which only affects Creatures, People associated with the Gods or the Gods themselves.

There for that makes it a straight up knockabout plus Percy doesn't have Curse of Achilles as of the lastest book.

Aquaman would win, despite Percy's powers as he relies on his swordmanship WAY too much.

Well, as of the OP, it does now. On the other hand, I absolutely despise it when he is simply granted a pen-sword that can't do anything....... so what's the point? But now Riptide affects Aquaman.

He only got the Curse as of the latest book....... Unless you mean Heroes of Olympus?

Now that he's bloodlusted, I am inclined to think he would be slightly more inclined to use his powers more often.

@BlueLantern1995: Are morals on or off?

#25 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Yeah, Heroes of Olympus may not be the newest 'Percy Jackson' book but it does continue the continuity.

I just don't know about the powers though, seeing as last book Percy used Aerokinesis in Alaska so that makes me feel like he'll be inclined to do so but even with water nearby I don't know if he can match Aquaman's durability with his damage output + how long he'll last generating his water storm.

#26 Posted by ShootingNova (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@ShootingNova:

Yeah, Heroes of Olympus may not be the newest 'Percy Jackson' book but it does continue the continuity.

I just don't know about the powers though, seeing as last book Percy used Aerokinesis in Alaska so that makes me feel like he'll be inclined to do so but even with water nearby I don't know if he can match Aquaman's durability with his damage output + how long he'll last generating his water storm.

Yep. But he still retains his previous powers, save for the amps.

#27 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Pwok21 said:

@ShootingNova:

Yeah, Heroes of Olympus may not be the newest 'Percy Jackson' book but it does continue the continuity.

I just don't know about the powers though, seeing as last book Percy used Aerokinesis in Alaska so that makes me feel like he'll be inclined to do so but even with water nearby I don't know if he can match Aquaman's durability with his damage output + how long he'll last generating his water storm.

Yep. But he still retains his previous powers, save for the amps.

Oh I know, but his only really battle-viable feat for Aerokinesis WAS the Alaska feat. His previous Geokinesis and Aerokinesis were purely instinctual. He summoned the water storm against Hyperion, where he really didn't know what he was doing and the geokinesis feat was after being nearly killed by lava.

#28 Posted by ShootingNova (15706 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: The fact that they were instinctual doesn't imply that he can't use them again when threatened. Yes, against Hyperion he created a storm that buffeted Hyperion.

#29 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8741 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what happens:

#30 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@pwok21: No.

Percy OUTSIDE of water has enough power to beat most Gods. In water, he's on Titan killer level.

Mark of Athena shows that he actually hadn't been using his sword that much (Quote "His abilities had improved over the years, but it was too late to realize that his swordsmanship wasn't one of them. He was rusty, or at least against an opponent like Chryasoar." ). Not to mention that he has massive, and I mean MASSIVE, power in water. Aquaman is a good foe, but Percy has fought much more powerful foes (Hyperion, anyone?).

BTW, I won't listen to you from here. Yes, he had used his sword im most battles, but his raw power is enough here.

#31 Edited by Sama_el (169 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@opcharybdis:

Thank you for responding to a year old post.

#33 Posted by dondave (34667 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#34 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.