People Besides Doomsday Who Could Kill Superman W/O Kryptonite?

• 190 results
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Emperorb777

Could have sworn this was who could actually beat Superman to death the same exact way DD did so why is Punisher, Batman or any human for that matter being mentioned.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Wolfrazer

Zeus.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By nickzambuto

Batman.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lady_liberty

The Flash, Zoom, Majestic, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Black Atom, Silver Surfer, The Phoenix, and so forth.

Not that they would beat him, but that the possibility is there.

If you're asking who would beat him rather then who could, then the list gets a lot shorter.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Chuck Norris.

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Warcry80

Zoom, Zeus (Marvel), Black Adam, Super Buuhan, The Runner, Thanos, Monarch, Gog, Magog, General Eieling, Shaggy Man, Superboy Prime, Sentry/Void, Janemba 2nd Form, Kal Kent, King Hyperion (Maybe), Beta Ray Bill (Maybe), Martian Man Hunter

Avatar image for ultrablastic123
Ultrablastic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ultrablastic123

Spectre

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By RainEffect

I'm pretty sure he means in a straight up fist fight.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By TDK_1997

Cyborg Superman,Majestic,Flash,Lobo,Darkseid.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MenaceForever2

Mongul

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Killemall

@menaceforever said:

Mongul

I doubt that, specially given the fact that Superman has almost always gotten the better of Mongul.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MenaceForever2

Just throwing something out there

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By FourthDeity

Goku.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Malevolent1

Beings who can physically punch Superman to death? Like straight up slug fest?

1) Silver Surfer. Just ask Beta Ray Bill.

2) Mangog.

3) Kurse (were he alive)

4) Darkseid (PC Darkseid)

5) Thanos (just ask the Silver Surfer)

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By terry2012

@OmegaDynasty: This and Amazo.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By terry2012

Oh and Mongul Sr.

darkszoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By darkszoom

I can kill superman but other people pheonix I think sufer can do it maybe Martian manhunter

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thanos 

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AngryHulks

The minimum physical strength required to hurt Superman is mountain-mover level. Anyone on that level or above can kill Superman in an hour assuming he didn't fight back.

Silver Surfer can beat Superman without energy blast, of course, he might not be as strong as Superman, but he can amp up his strength and durability, otherwise he won't shed Beta Ray Bill's blood by just punches.

Any Flash and Zoom can also out-blitz Superman and beat him to death if they wanted to.

Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter; though they're physically weaker than Superman, that doesn't mean they can't beat him either.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By Strider1992

Silver Surfer, Plutonian, Thanos, Mangog and plenty of others.

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Delta1938

@Jayfournines said:

@AweSam: I thought that was an old pre crisis thingie, didn't know they still could.

@Immortal777 said:

@Jayfournines: It is only PC unless someone has a scan to say otherwise.

Of course, this goes against the thread topic, but I figure I'd show.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Strength/Relative%20Strength/Martian%20Manhunter/MOT%2013/week16-1999-supesmot-13-19.jpg

Dunno if there are any other examples Post-CRISIS. Also, to my knowledge, technically, most if not all of the Green Lantern appearances Pre-CRISIS are canon(albeit modified when necessary). But this is off-topic, so I've said enough here.

@blackadamFTW said:

Supes has never beaten Mr. Majestic, crossovers aren't canon regarding Thor, I'm pretty sure he hasn't beaten Lobo, and if he has, Lobo has beaten him as many. What do you mean he's taken out Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Wonderman, and Jack of hearts? If that was the crossover, once again that isn't canon. I'm pretty sure he's only beaten CM once, and I'm pretty sure CM has beaten him once, as well. The two MM's aren't weaker, Supreme isn't weaker, Sodom Yat isn't weaker, Lobo isn't weaker, and I wouldn't say Thor is weaker.

Superman sorta beat Majestic. DC/WILDSTORM: DREAM WAR. Although it technically wasn't Superman, but a creation from a reality manipulator(or whatever exactly he was). Odds are it was comparable to Superman. And it was canon for WildStorm, so take it what you will. And if crossovers not counting is a rule, then so be it, but JLA/AVENGERS was canon, and showed Superman blatantly superior to Thor physically. Deal with it.

You're pretty sure Superman hasn't beaten Lobo? You're pretty wrong. In fact, to my knowledge, Lobo has NEVER beaten Superman. Their first published fight, people actually miss that Superman outsmarted Lobo, so it's actually a loss for Lobo. As for their other fights.....

This is actually their first canon fight. Their first published fight(the one people think is a win for Lobo although it's not) might have been retconned entirely.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Lobo/DC%201st/

Here Superman fights Lar Gand, then Lobo breaks it up just for him to take over, then Lar jumps in, then Superman simultaneously one-shots them both.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Lobo/AOS%20ANNUAL%202%20With%20Lar%20Gand/

Here Lobo gets grabbed and beat-on at super speed.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Lobo/AOS%20ANNUAL%204/Fight%201-Lobo%20Makes%20Great%20Super-Speed%20Punching%20Bag/

Here Lobo has help and can only stalemate Superman before the volcano explodes.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Lobo/AOS%20ANNUAL%204/Fight%20Two%20Round-One%20With%20Help/

Here Lobo picks-up where they left off.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Lobo/AOS%20ANNUAL%204/Fight%20Two%20Round-Two/

And yes, I know those 3 links are all when Superman was Eclipsoed, and people argue Superman was powered-up. But I read most of the issues in there, and saw nothing indicating Superman was powered-up. I only saw normal humans being given powers, not those with powers of their own.

And here, Superman BFRs Lobo.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Lobo/MOS%2030/

Superman's beaten Captain Marvel more than once.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Heroes/Captain%20Marvel/AC%20ANNUAL%204/

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Heroes/Captain%20Marvel/JSA%2034-34/

Technically, this is a stalemate. But Superman looks superior to Captain Marvel, and is weakened.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Heroes/Captain%20Marvel/S-B%204/

Superman also beats Captain Marvel off-panel after that. Superman wins here, too. While weakened, actually.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Heroes/Captain%20Marvel/SUPERMAN%20V2-216/

The record, to my knowledge, between Superman and Captain Marvel is 4 wins Superman, 2 wins Captain Marvel(both sucker-punching, arguably both were Zeus-Amped), and 3 stalemates(one of them Superman was weakened).

Martian Manhunter is weaker than Superman, especially physically. I'd say Majestic is, too. Thor definitely is. And Lobo is. Sodam Yat? Why isn't he weaker? Sure, if he's amping himself with his Power Ring or Ion power he can be above Superman, but his own regular strength? Daxamites are inferior to Kryptonians despite the lip service they got early Post-CRISIS of being superior to Kryptonians(even by Superman himself), since to my knowledge they never actually SHOWED it(with one exception, but he was looking superior to Superman plus some Legion Of Super-Heroes members INCLUDING ANOTHER DAXAMITE at once, so he was way above normal for a Daxamite), and by the time Sodam appeared, they weren't even getting lip service. Power Girl referred to them as "Junior Supermans"(or something like that) and Superboy Prime called Sodam, "Superman-Lite with a Power Ring."

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By z3ro180

@Jayfournines:

@joshuagamer: Can you prove Supreme and Majestros are weaker? also, I mentioned Supreme due to his plot device power of developing any power in order to find an enemy's weakness.

now that is an awesome power

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Delta1938: Superman Blue beat Majestic. Superman Blue is a good amount more powerful than regular Supes (he's about Surfer level). Of course, Wildstorm was canon. I didn't say it wasn't.

I don't know who told you that was canon, but it's definitely not.

I know that statement was wrong, but Lobo is not weaker. He's a planet buster, and he's beaten planet busters. Every fight he's had with Supes has been total PIS. He's beaten the crap out of multiple Superman level beings at once multiple times, IIRC.

Captain Marvel has still beaten Supes more times than Supes has beaten him.

Martian Manhunter isn't weaker than Superman. He's about equal in strength. Even if he is weaker, he's be able to beat him rather easily with his telepathy, intangibility, strength, and healing factor. Majestic's feats>>>>Superman's feats. Majestros has moved every planet in the solar system rather easily. Superman moved something larger than the Earth using EVERY bit of strength he had. Supes has no feats to put him above him. Sodam Yat might be weaker, but he could possibly beat him with is ring. He could definitely beat him when he was Ion. Power Girl's said things that were wrong before, and SBP's an idiot.

SHAZAM

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GhostRider29

Ghost Rider.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Shawnbaby

Technically speaking... Doomsday never killed Superman.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Thank you shawnbaby! Doomsday didn't kill superman, he fell into a coma! And a lot of the people on this list couldn't kill superman in a fight. Batman? Wonder woman? Give me a break. With out the help of green or gold kryptonite most people listed would lose, and the whole ideas is to do it WITHOUT kryptonite so I can safely cut this list in half if not more than that.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jeanroygrant
  1. Thor
  2. Sentry ( Void )
  3. Silver Surfer
  4. Beta Ray Bill
  5. Captain Marvel
  6. Quasar
  7. Adam Warlock
  8. Martian Manhunter
  9. Barry Allen
  10. Wally West
  11. Jay Garrick
  12. Lobo
  13. Sodam Yat
  14. Captain Atom
  15. Orion
  16. Black Adam
  17. Green Lantern Kyle Rayner
  18. Green Lantern Hal Jordan
  19. Mr.Majestic
  20. Firelord
  21. Green Lantern John Stewart
  22. Sinestro
  23. Green Lantern Alan Scott
  24. KC Superman
  25. Stardust
  26. Anyone From Phoenix 5
  27. Loki
  28. Mon-el
  29. Parasite
  30. Cyborg Superman
  31. Supreme
  32. Icon
  33. Gladiator
  34. Thragg
  35. Cyborg Superman

All these people have a chance or could beat Superman!! Superman is not unbeatable.

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Delta1938

@blackadamFTW said:

@Delta1938: Superman Blue beat Majestic. Superman Blue is a good amount more powerful than regular Supes (he's about Surfer level). Of course, Wildstorm was canon. I didn't say it wasn't.

I don't know who told you that was canon, but it's definitely not.

I know that statement was wrong, but Lobo is not weaker. He's a planet buster, and he's beaten planet busters. Every fight he's had with Supes has been total PIS. He's beaten the crap out of multiple Superman level beings at once multiple times, IIRC.

Captain Marvel has still beaten Supes more times than Supes has beaten him.

Martian Manhunter isn't weaker than Superman. He's about equal in strength. Even if he is weaker, he's be able to beat him rather easily with his telepathy, intangibility, strength, and healing factor. Majestic's feats>>>>Superman's feats. Majestros has moved every planet in the solar system rather easily. Superman moved something larger than the Earth using EVERY bit of strength he had. Supes has no feats to put him above him. Sodam Yat might be weaker, but he could possibly beat him with is ring. He could definitely beat him when he was Ion. Power Girl's said things that were wrong before, and SBP's an idiot.

SHAZAM

Superman Blue is not more powerful than Superman with his regular powers, especially after NO LIMITS! and ONE YEAR LATER. And Surfer is overrated. And the point is, although it technically wasn't Superman, it was a creation made to mimic Superman, it took Majestic's punch, shrugged it off, and then one-shot Maj. Green Lantern restraining Majestic doesn't change the fact that Majestic was one-shot.

Who told me what was canon?

And yes, Lobo is weaker than Superman. The best Lobo can do against a holding back Superman is stalemate, and Superman's looked more impressive against some common opponents I've seen. Superman>>Lobo in strength. You using "PIS"(probably incorrectly) to dismiss their fights is irrelevant.

um No, Captain Marvel has not beaten Superman more times than the other way around. I've seen most, if not all of their Post-CRISIS/Pre-FLASHPOINT fights, and the record is 4 wins for Superman to two wins for Captain Marvel. And that's not even taking context into consideration making it look worse for Cap.

Martian Manhunter is most certainly weaker than Superman. They are NOT equal, even "about" in strength. Did you not see the scans I posted of Superman showing to be stronger than Martian Manhunter AND OTHERS COMBINED?

And no, Majestic's feats are not superior to Superman's feats. Superman's got far more impressive than planet-moving feats.

And I wouldn't say Sodam Yat would beat Superman with the Ion power. Pre-NO LIMITS! Superman put-up a respectable fight against Post-ZERO HOUR Hal Parallax who was arguably amped by Kyle's Power Ring. Hal is far more competent with that type of power than Sodam.

And you completely miss the point. I said that despite the lip service Daxamites got, I never saw anything to back the claim they were superior to Kryptonians, with one exception. And that exception showed to be superior to Superman and a few LSH members(including a Daxamite) COMBINED, so that was a well above normal Daxamite. And the point about Power Girl and Superboy Prime's comments was that Daxamites don't even get that lip service now. Basically, Daxamites were said to be more powerful, but I never saw it, now we don't even get those unsubstantiated statements and the statements are Kryptonians are more powerful. Power Girl having said things that were wrong before and your opinion of Superboy Prime's competence are irrelevant are were pointless for you to post.

Voogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Voogaloo

Rune King Thor, Odin, Surtur, Ymir, Mephisto, Spectre, Galactus, Phoenix Force, Celestials, Darkseid, Thanos, Blackheart, Aunt May...

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By kingkronos

They're like in 100s.

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Delta1938

@Killemall said:

@menaceforever said:

Mongul

I doubt that, specially given the fact that Superman has almost always gotten the better of Mongul.

Unless Superman is restrained or doesn't fight back for whatever reason, correct. I think Mongul II is more powerful than his "father"(not sure, but I think Mongul II and Mongal are more foster/adopted children than his biological offspring), but even Superman's beaten Mongul II while effected by Kryptonite. Mongul I beat Superman the first fight in SUPERMAN(Volume Two) #32, but lost the rematch, even though Superman had been weakened by weeks of solar deprivation.

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Planewalker

Apollo

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Delta1938

@Planewalker said:

Apollo

The homosexual Superman knock-off? If so, based on.....what?

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MenaceForever2

I was talking about the origanal

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By KMART4455

GR perhaps maybe.... Just throwin it out there.. I mean Sups feels remorse when he does things......... maybe... lol

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Delta1938

@KMART4455 said:

GR perhaps maybe.... Just throwin it out there.. I mean Sups feels remorse when he does things......... maybe... lol

I'm reasonably sure the OP either had or intended it to be via physical force, and you think someone like Superman would be stopped by Ghost Rider's Penance Stare? The same guy who's taken Asmodel's "Heavenly Light"(or whatever it was called) attack that Asmodel stated only the purest of souls could survive? And there's other similar examples.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By KMART4455

@Delta1938: I was just throwing a suggestion out I wasn't sure if It could or not. No arguments here.. Just know it only takes a small amount of remorse. And my bad about the physical aspect should have read post better.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Strider1992

A frog with plot devices.....

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Delta1938

@KMART4455 said:

@Delta1938: I was just throwing a suggestion out I wasn't sure if It could or not. No arguments here.. Just know it only takes a small amount of remorse. And my bad about the physical aspect should have read post better.

I know ABOUT Ghost Rider, but mostly second hand. How exactly does the Penance Stare work? Based entirely on remorse, or actually being(not feeling) guilty?

Also, just checked. The original post doesn't specifically state only physical force, but it does imply it(by saying "without Kryptonite" and bringing-up Doomsday), then after a poster brings-up energy manipulators, the OP later states physical force. But really, just the title alone implies purely physical force.

@Strider92 said:

Frog becomes the Herald of Squirrel Girl?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Strider1992

@Delta1938 said:

@Strider92 said:

Those are my thoughts yes!

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Delta1938

@Strider92 said:

@Delta1938 said:

@Strider92 said:

So why did you edit your post to say "Aunt May" in the first place? I assume you edited it to change it back to "A frog with plot devices...." after I brought-up the Plot-Device being it becomes a Herald of Squirrel Girl.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Strider1992

@Delta1938 said:

@Strider92 said:

@Delta1938 said:

@Strider92 said:

So why did you edit your post to say "Aunt May" in the first place? I assume you edited it to change it back to "A frog with plot devices...." after I brought-up the Plot-Device being it becomes a Herald of Squirrel Girl.

I wanted to put both but eventually I decided that a frog with plot devices had a better shot. First instincts are normally right. Never underestimate a frog!

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Delta1938

@Strider92 said:

@Delta1938 said:

@Strider92 said:

@Delta1938 said:

@Strider92 said:

I wanted to put both but eventually I decided that a frog with plot devices had a better shot. First instincts are normally right. Never underestimate a frog!

So I should run if I encounter one, because I don't speak or understand frog, and it might be hostile to me?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Strider1992

@Delta1938: Yes unless it turns out to be a Hypnotoad in which case: Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Delta1938

@Strider92 said:

@Delta1938: Yes unless it turns out to be a Hypnotoad in which case: Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Toads aren't frogs. And which is worse? Frogs, or--

--?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Strider1992

@Delta1938 said:

--?

Hence the reason I said "if it turns out to be".

The Killer Bunny is worse unless you have the holy hand grenade but remember! You must count to three not four or two unless thou then proceeds to three. Five is right out!

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Delta1938

@Strider92 said:

@Delta1938 said:

--?

Hence the reason I said "if it turns out to be".

The Killer Bunny is worse unless you have the holy hand grenade but remember! You must count to three not four or two unless thou then proceeds to three. Five is right out!

Ya know, I've never actually seen the movie, but heard for years that I must. Off to Netflix streaming to see if they have it.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Strider1992

@Delta1938 said:

Ya know, I've never actually seen the movie, but heard for years that I must. Off to Netflix streaming to see if they have it.

WHAT!? go watch it!

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Delta1938

@Strider92 said:

@Delta1938 said:

WHAT!? go watch it!

:( They did not have it. Neither did Crackle. Me sad now.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ms__omega
Squirrel Girl can she is a walking plot device.
Squirrel Girl can she is a walking plot device.