Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Patrick Jane

No Caption Provided

Moriarty

No Caption Provided

Conditions

• Set in New York
  • Assume Moriarty has the same criminal empire as he did in Sherlock, end of season 2, unless stated otherwise
  • Both in-character, unless stated otherwise
  • Both have the same allies they have, unless stated otherwise

Rounds

Round 1:

• Moriarty kills Red John and takes over his mantle, but continues operating the same way he does.
  • Patrick thinks that Moriarty Red John is the usual one, the one who killed his wife and kid, etc.
  • Patrick has a week to track him down
  • Moriarty does not know he is coming

Round 2:

• Moriarty shows up in town and sets up shop, starts up criminal empire from scratch, etc.
  • Patrick gets wind of a new kingpin in town
  • Moriarty knows of some detective trying to find him
  • Both have a week to find and confront each other
  • Whoever comes the closest/succeeds wins

Round 3:

• Moriarty knows the same about Jane as he did about Sherlock at the end of season 2 (relatively), and Jane knows the same about Moriarty
  • He is plotting Jane's downfall in the same way he did Sherlock's
  • Jane has Lisbon only, who will trust him forever
  • If Moriarty succeeds in taking down Jane, he wins

Round 4:

• Both have literally nothing apart from the clothes they wear and $100
  • They have no allies and know nothing about New York (however illogical that may be)
  • Both start at opposite ends of NYC
  • Both know everything about each other apart from their faces/clothes
  • Morals off, they have to find and kill each other

Who wins?

------------------------

For the rest of my battles, click here!

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

Round 1:

• Moriarty kills Red John and takes over his mantle, but continues operating the same way he does.
  • Patrick thinks that Moriarty Red John is the usual one, the one who killed his wife and kid, etc.

Whilst I think Patrick is good, I don't think he's good enough to catch him within the week. Red John is a lot weaker in my eyes too as of now, he didn't seem all that intelligent, it almost seems his huge resources were his power rather than his intellect. I'm still hoping Brett Partridge is RJ and that Bruno Heller is fibbing. I think it could be the season finale, I hope so anyway.

Anyway M 10/10, 1 week isn't nearly enough to bring down a full power Moriarty.

Round 2:

• Moriarty shows up in town and sets up shop, starts up criminal empire from scratch, etc.

M again, with his army of snipers and resources he could take Paddy out but PJ can't take him in a week.

Round 3:

• Moriarty knows the same about Jane as he did about Sherlock at the end of season 2 (relatively), and Jane knows the same about Moriarty

Patrick has this, he's as good a detective as Holmes as well as having extensive mentalism. With Moriarty jobbing to cause his downfall, Patrick will outwit him 9/10.

Round 4:

• They have no allies and know nothing about New York (however illogical that may be)

Paddy stomps.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Round 1:

Moriarty. I don't think patrick is going anywhere in a week. He will need more than that just to figure out the difference between red john's behavior. Only clues he has is the time new RJ has a victim, and he will be confused enough by whether RJ actually died or he is changing his tactics to play a new game with him.

Round 2:

I think moriarty can find patrick faster. Because patrick's identity is disclosed to the public, he makes official statements and stuff, and regularly goes to the office. Plus he is a small celebrity due to his hunt on red john, and most of the major organisations are wary of him. So getting into one of them is enough. Patrick however has no idea which of the thousands of people moriarty is, whether he is new in town or just one of the old ones getting momentum, which is a huge disadvantage.

Round 3:

Patrick. He's far better at turning people towards him than sherlock was. Playing psych games with him will prove baddd for Jim. I won't be surprised if he figures out when jim meets him as the assistant's boyfriend.

Round 4:

Patrick by a country mile. He's a professional carnival/con-man, his resources include wallets of everyone around him (lol), and locked houses. And he can use resources to his advantage far better imo.

anurag_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow couldn't have put it better.

Round one goes to Jim. But in a close battle, cause Jim doesn't know about Jane.

Round 2 goes to Jim. All he needs is some knowledge, and he owns PJ and everything he cares about. Remember what he said? "I own secrecy." RJ may have had resources, and tactical sense, good enough to fool Jane, but it has been made clear that Moriarty could hold England hostage if he wanted to.. An international consulting criminal.. And also we have to remember that RJ had this gig of keeping Jane alive. Moriarty will have no such compunctions.. He almost burned Sherlock's identity, and the game he played in season 2 was just a passtime for him.. Moriarty gets this.

Round 3.. I don't know. I mean, he did burn Sherlock. It was mainly because of Mycroft's shrewdness that Sherlock's life and reputation survived the fall, but Jane is not that big an asset, so far as I have seen. Plus, Moriarty has been given prep... And he is too good with that. Darn, he is still alive, and we don't even know how (unless its a decoy or a twin, which I doubt).. Which reveals that he already knew Sherlock's escape plan, which gives him a point over Sherlock. Jane might survive with some luck.. But in my opinion, Moriarty "owes him a fall."

Round 4, Jane. No doubt. He is a nigh-psychic. There's no one better than him at figuring out who is who. He will find JM. I am not sure whether he can kill him once he does, cause Jim is an unpredictable son of a gun.. But Jane probably takes this.

In my analysis, unless Moriarty is aware that he is being hunted, he can beat Jane.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Compared to SJK, moriarty is nothing. An Amateur.

anurag_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm.. Who's SJK?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Compared to SJK, moriarty is nothing. An Amateur.

Hahaha NICE!!!

anurag_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By anurag_50

Im part of the inside.. :3 Tell me, no?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Im part of the inside.. :3 Tell me, no?

reference to blinking red light.

anurag_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blinking red light?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anurag_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, that thing :P The level of secrecy you guys maintain fascinates me. :D

Goldfinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Goldfinch

Patrick Jane

No Caption Provided

Moriarty

No Caption Provided

Conditions

• Set in New York
  • Assume Moriarty has the same criminal empire as he did in Sherlock, end of season 2, unless stated otherwise
  • Both in-character, unless stated otherwise
  • Both have the same allies they have, unless stated otherwise

Rounds

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Who wins?

------------------------

For the rest of my battles, click here!

Everybody is talking about James Moriarty from BBC Sherlock series, but what about those mentioned 4 rounds of Patrick Jane vs. James Moriarty from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original stories/novels?

Than who wins against who in each round?

Goldfinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Goldfinch

@princearagorn1 said:

Round 1:

Moriarty. I don't think patrick is going anywhere in a week. He will need more than that just to figure out the difference between red john's behavior. Only clues he has is the time new RJ has a victim, and he will be confused enough by whether RJ actually died or he is changing his tactics to play a new game with him.

Round 2:

I think moriarty can find patrick faster. Because patrick's identity is disclosed to the public, he makes official statements and stuff, and regularly goes to the office. Plus he is a small celebrity due to his hunt on red john, and most of the major organisations are wary of him. So getting into one of them is enough. Patrick however has no idea which of the thousands of people moriarty is, whether he is new in town or just one of the old ones getting momentum, which is a huge disadvantage.

Round 3:

Patrick. He's far better at turning people towards him than sherlock was. Playing psych games with him will prove baddd for Jim. I won't be surprised if he figures out when jim meets him as the assistant's boyfriend.

Round 4:

Patrick by a country mile. He's a professional carnival/con-man, his resources include wallets of everyone around him (lol), and locked houses. And he can use resources to his advantage far better imo.

Here is why I can never understand you, PrinceAragorn, since you ignore facts about Poirot and his abilities and feats-here are some facts about Hercule Poirot and his abilities and feats:

After you read all of Poirot's stories/novels, you will see that whatever I posted about Poirot and his abilities is 100% true; PrinceAragorn, for some reason, you ignore all of mentioned facts about Poirot and his abilities; plus, Poirot has met equally invisible and equally smart 4 criminal masterminds in the novel The Big Four, which are at least good if not better than James Moriarty, than Stephen Norton, who is the most perfect criminal in entire detective fiction/genre ever, plus I will copy my own post that I posted yesterday on another thread about comparison between Poirot and Jane:

Just for the record, Poirot figured out who the killer is many times, using only his psychology and intuition, without any physical evidence, clue, pattern or connection, just by seeing the guy the first time the met. Poirot also, like Jane, has played everyone and created mental/psych traps so that no killer could get out.

However, in the last novel/story Curtain: the last Poirot's story, Poirot has met invisible and undetectable person who was so smart that no psych/mental game and no psych/mental trap would put this guy in jail, since the guy (named Stephen Norton) did not say anything and did not do anything physical, so there was no trap he could fall into-Poirot had to execute him, since Stephen Norton truly was the perfect criminal and would never end up in jail and would never get even suspected in the first place, and actually there would be no suspicion at all since the murderers are known, as well as there are witnesses, and there are motives of each and every murder.

Whatever Patrick has done, so did Poirot in his original Agatha Christie's novels/stories. All of Jane's mental/psych/carnival/con-man games would not work on Poirot, because Poirot is too smart for everything Jane has shown, because Poirot is just too damn good Psychologist, who is manipulator himself, and who knows how to play with words, without Jane even figuring out what Poirot is trying to say (Just read the Tragedy at Marsdor Manor and The kidnapped Prime Minister for 2 examples of this), for one of many examples) and that's how Jane could be/would be manipulated by Poirot himself, while Jane would never figure out that he was manipulated in the first place.

My honest apology since this is not a thread about Hercule Poirot, I won't do this again.

Therickingrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane by feats,jane has spent years of his life dealing with people like jim while jim just reveals everything in a single episode because the writers wanted him to be this edgy fun flanboyant character that no one really respect