• 86 results
#1 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

CBI gets word of a serial killer in Miami for some magical reason.

Is Patrick smart enough to catch dexter?

#2 Edited by Nefarious (19850 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, for one step Patrick takes to get close to Dexter...Dexter will take a leap forward to avoid getting caught by him. Dex is good at covering his tracks.

#3 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

No. Dexter would absolutely know about it and would easily set some other killer up or otherwise lead the investigation astray because he most certainly will be on or near the investigation team hunting him down.

#4 Edited by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that Dexter is obviously the better show, especially as of recently, but do you really think that Dexter, an almost realistic character, could be smarter than Jane, who is basically like a god in his own world, who in almost every episode is able to determine the murderer instantly the first time they meet.

Dexter has made many many big blunders in the series, while Patrick has pretty much always played everyone, and tricked them so everything works out in the end in every episode.

Dexter can barely control himself from killing as well, and on several occasions has done something stupid or has almost been caught and only got through it out of luck.

#5 Edited by nickthedevil (12152 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy: Do you really watch Dexter? he's better than good. he always knows whats going on around him. and he's not almost realistic. i'm reading the books that the show is based off of, and no. Dexter has some kind of "spider-sense", if you will.

Dexter has alot of willpower. he's had to stay away from killing for almost a year.

what luck? he getsa out of those problems himself.

#6 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy:

Are you implying that Jane has powers because looking him up online, I see that it specifically says that he is a fake.

Dexter has not made many blunders at all actually. He has made some steps that coincidentally put him in the sights of some cops. And can you name a single person that Dexter has not played in his series?

The code and his training has always saved Dexter. There are very few instances I can think of where he just lucked out.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Patrick Jane would figure out Dexter's reality and take the necessary steps to stop him.

#8 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Patrick Jane would figure out Dexter's reality and take the necessary steps to stop him.

What does that even mean?

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: By reality I mean what makes what he hides, what makes him tick and how he operates. Not his facade; his reality.

#10 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Erik: By reality I mean what makes what he hides, what makes him tick and how he operates. Not his facade; his reality.

The best serial killer FBI agent in the US was able to do that as well and it still did not lead to Dexter.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@PowerHerc said:

The best serial killer FBI agent in the US was able to do that as well and it still did not lead to Dexter.

That's cool. It makes Patrick Jane accomplishing it even more impressive.

#12 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Erik said:

@PowerHerc said:

That's cool. It makes Patrick Jane accomplishing it even more impressive.

Lol. Only he will not accomplish it. He will be on A trail, but it will not lead to Dexter.

#13 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter.

#14 Edited by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@Nessy:

Are you implying that Jane has powers because looking him up online, I see that it specifically says that he is a fake.

Dexter has not made many blunders at all actually. He has made some steps that coincidentally put him in the sights of some cops. And can you name a single person that Dexter has not played in his series?

The code and his training has always saved Dexter. There are very few instances I can think of where he just lucked out.

Yeah I didn't think anyone who thinks Dexter could win would actually be a Mentalist watcher. He means that Patrick Jane is completely untempered by realism, if there's a slight clue he will pick up on it and realize who the killer is. I'm not even going to post his high end feats. I'm going to point out the times he's done things like figuring out a case from an overly long hug in a situation where hugging is natural. And he constantly tricks people in ways that would definitely fool Dexter, "accidentally" revealing the location of a key piece of evidence is one of his favourite tricks and then just picking up whoever goes to retrieve it, and it's always whoever he expected to go. Dexter has never had to go against someone who plays like that.

Dexter meanwhile is not perfect. Doakes always knew there was something off with him and eventually caught him in the act forcing Dexter to lock him up while he tried to figure what to do with him. Eventually he lucked out when that woman blew him up. Last season was full of situations where he almost got caught, there was that time a captive of his got loose and he just managed to catch him in time and make it look like "autoerotic mummification." There was that time there was a single sheet between him and Deb but Deb supported whoever was helping Lumen so she didn't check. There was that time in the first season where that kid couldn't describe him very well. I could go on but basically, Dexter against Jane in a battle of the minds is like Dexter vs Batman in a fight. Dexter might be good, far better than is realistic, but nowhere near good enough to win.

Also, the best FBI agent is trash compared to Patrick Jane. 

#15 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Those of you who think Dexter will get away with this are either idiots or have never seen The Mentalist before. Patrick Jane in The Mentalist Is basically a God, He has made no mistakes, and every mistake he makes is part of the bigger picture. He instantly knows who did the deed and manipulates every situation successfully and perfectly. People in Dexter have figured out who he is, and he sometimes tells people. He has flaws in his personality and in his work which Patrick Jane would easilly pick up on.

@Erik: I do like how you have over 20k post replies and from the posts I have seen you comment in, you blindly comment without all the facts and then get mad when people have a differance of opinion from you, even when they know more about the subject than you. In this instance, never having seen the Mentalist and just asuming that Dexter is better.

@CitizenBane: Nice Bait

@PowerHerc: Someone With Sence

#16 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

Those of you who think Dexter will get away with this are either idiots or have never seen The Mentalist before. Patrick Jane in The Mentalist Is basically a God, He has made no mistakes, and every mistake he makes is part of the bigger picture. He instantly knows who did the deed and manipulates every situation successfully and perfectly. People in Dexter have figured out who he is, and he sometimes tells people. He has flaws in his personality and in his work which Patrick Jane would easilly pick up on.

@Erik: I do like how you have over 20k post replies and from the posts I have seen you comment in, you blindly comment without all the facts and then get mad when people have a differance of opinion from you, even when they know more about the subject than you. In this instance, never having seen the Mentalist and just asuming that Dexter is better.

Stop trolling. I've seen every episode of both shows, and that's why I can say that Dexter wins. The very fact that Patrick doesn't even know who Red John is, much less come close to catching him, speaks volumes. Dexter has caught and killed serial killers who were active for decades without the police even knowing they existed.

#17 Edited by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said: Are you seriously comparing Red John to anyone in Dexter? Have you seen the shit he pulls off?
#18 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

Stop trolling. I've seen every episode of both shows, and that's why I can say that Dexter wins. The very fact that Patrick doesn't even know who Red John is, much less come close to catching him, speaks volumes. Dexter has caught and killed serial killers who were active for decades without the police even knowing they existed.

Trolling? With the use of the Internet i would assume you know what it is. Apparently not... Patrick Jane figured someone was a killer by how neet his Bathroom Cabinet was. Patrick Jane is so good at what he does that he belongs in a comic book. He makes the top crimial investigators in the country look like jokes. Dexter kills people that have been released from prison, that have fallen through the system (faulty search warrents for example) and that the police cannot touch. He got lucky in season 2 as if Doakes didnt steal the blood slides, they would not be found in his car. Also Special Agent Frank Lundy had an idea about the Trinity killer, but they need proof. Jane Manipulates the situation and creates proof.

#19 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

Trolling? With the use of the Internet i would assume you know what it is. Apparently not... Patrick Jane figured someone was a killer by how neet his Bathroom Cabinet was. Patrick Jane is so good at what he does that he belongs in a comic book. He makes the top crimial investigators in the country look like jokes. Dexter kills people that have been released from prison, that have fallen through the system (faulty search warrents for example) and that the police cannot touch. He got lucky in season 2 as if Doakes didnt steal the blood slides, they would not be found in his car. Also Special Agent Frank Lundy had an idea about the Trinity killer, but they need proof. Jane Manipulates the situation and creates proof.

A troll who doesn't know what trolling is, wonders will never cease. About two episodes ago, Dexter solved an entire murder-suicide case in roughly 15 seconds just by staring at bloodsoaked floorboards. Dexter doesn't just kill people who have fallen through the system. He caught and executed a serial killer who'd been active for decades without anyone knowing about him just by examining a tooth in his lab.

#20 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane:  
The blood soak was more due to his expertise in blood splatter and the tooth fairy case was due to him following the tooth fairies cases since childhood. In fact, the way he discovered the case was kinda weird and far fetched. It was basically intuition. He sees a hooker with a cracked tooth or whatever and he immediately thinks of the tooth fairy  

I dont watch the Mentalist but based off of what ive read, I think he can take Dexter. 
#21 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

A troll who doesn't know what trolling is, wonders will never cease. About two episodes ago, Dexter solved an entire murder-suicide case in roughly 15 seconds just by staring at bloodsoaked floorboards. Dexter doesn't just kill people who have fallen through the system. He caught and executed a serial killer who'd been active for decades without anyone knowing about him just by examining a tooth in his lab.

A Troll is someone who Trolls. Since i am speaking sence here this is not a Troll. you are sounding kinda mad though. Paranoid maybe? You just have to look at which Character is more realistic. Patrick Jane is not a believable character, while Dexter is more believable. There are Serial killers that have not been caught in real life, but there is no one like Patrick Jane. No one can manipulate like him, no one has that good a memory and no one can take in and proccess the infomation that he does. As I said he is more like a cratoon character.

#22 Edited by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@CitizenBane: The blood soak was more due to his expertise in blood splatter and the tooth fairy case was due to him following the tooth fairies cases since childhood. In fact, the way he discovered the case was kinda weird and far fetched. It was basically intuition. He sees a hooker with a cracked tooth or whatever and he immediately thinks of the tooth fairy I dont watch the Mentalist but based off of what ive read, I think he can take Dexter.

Blood spatter analysis only gets you so far. He still had to figure out how the victim moved into place, and he found out what the motive was as well. From the very first episode of Dexter, it's been stated that he has an uncanny ability to figure out crimes. It's why Deb, Angel and the other cops ask him for his opinion at the crime scene. They don't ask Masuka or any of the other forensic guys, do they?

#23 Posted by Saren (25631 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

A Troll is someone who Trolls. Since i am speaking sence here this is not a Troll. you are sounding kinda mad though. Paranoid maybe?

You called everyone who said Dexter would win idiots, insulted Erik and accused me of baiting. Sounds like trolling to me.

Patrick Jane is not a believable character, while Dexter is more believable. There are Serial killers that have not been caught in real life, but there is no one like Patrick Jane. No one can manipulate like him, no one has that good a memory and no one can take in and proccess the infomation that he does. As I said he is more like a cratoon character.

Irrelevant, and doesn't prove that Patrick is better in any way.

#24 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9660 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane:  
Placement is a part of Blood Splatter Analysis 
Im not doubting that Dexter can figure out crimes, Im doubting that he can elude Patrick Jane  
#25 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate.

The way i see it going down is Jane manages to work out that Dexter is a serial killer, but his penchant for getting close to the murderers comes back to haunt him and Dexter is forced to confront him. After realising that Dexter only kills guilty people and other serial killers, Jane lets him go in exchange for help catching Red John.

#26 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

I like how you came into this thread and immediately insulted everyone present and flame baited several specific users. So since mods have been cracking down on that lately, flagged.

#27 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

A Troll is someone who Trolls. Since i am speaking sence here this is not a Troll. you are sounding kinda mad though. Paranoid maybe?

You called everyone who said Dexter would win idiots, insulted Erik and accused me of baiting. Sounds like trolling to me.

Patrick Jane is not a believable character, while Dexter is more believable. There are Serial killers that have not been caught in real life, but there is no one like Patrick Jane. No one can manipulate like him, no one has that good a memory and no one can take in and proccess the infomation that he does. As I said he is more like a cratoon character.

Dexter's ability to solve murders is irrelevant as well. What is relevant is his ability to not get found out, and going on the number of times he's only just been able to evade capture by luck (several have been posted) it's pretty obvious that he loses to Jane.
#28 Posted by Dernman (14990 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter

#29 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat said:

@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

Dexter's ability to solve murders is irrelevant as well. What is relevant is his ability to not get found out, and going on the number of times he's only just been able to evade capture by luck (several have been posted) it's pretty obvious that he loses to Jane.

Which ones were luck then?

#30 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@HowTerribleIsThat said:

Dexter meanwhile is not perfect. Doakes always knew there was something off with him and eventually caught him in the act forcing Dexter to lock him up while he tried to figure what to do with him. Eventually he lucked out when that woman blew him up. Last season was full of situations where he almost got caught, there was that time a captive of his got loose and he just managed to catch him in time and make it look like "autoerotic mummification." There was that time there was a single sheet between him and Deb but Deb supported whoever was helping Lumen so she didn't check. There was that time in the first season where that kid couldn't describe him very well. I could go on but basically, Dexter against Jane in a battle of the minds is like Dexter vs Batman in a fight. Dexter might be good, far better than is realistic, but nowhere near good enough to win.

Also, the best FBI agent is trash compared to Patrick Jane.

Doakes only knew because it was revealed that he is just like Dexter. The only difference is that when he did all his killings, he did it behind the badge or backed by the government. The only ones that ever figured Dexter out were other killers. Had Doakes fit the code, Dexter would not have even bothered keeping him alive.

The captive got loose because Dexter was wasting time fixing someone else's mistakes.

Deb almost got Dexter because Dexter was captive by someone that already knew who he really was and had captured him.

What kid?

All your examples are taken out of context. That is just terrible debating.

#31 Edited by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mentalist is pretty much perfect. It is a far realistic show than Dexter, even though Dexter is a massive serial killer with about 50 kills by his name. It is this lack of realism that is why Patrick is so much smarter than Dexter.

A few of Patrick's feats:

He very often solves the case very quickly (almost every episode) and then spends the rest of the time coming up with a humilating way to out the criminal. He has more clever feats here alone than there are in all of Dexter.

He has made vast sums of moneyfrom what wasn't even card counting, but memorising the cards in a casino. This was in season 1 but i'm sure he borrowed something like 100 dollars and turned it into quarter of a million in about 3 minutes. This type of memorisation isn't even possible through the rules of blackjack, so i'll have to assume he watch a deck get shuffled and memorised every card.

He has often hypnotised people without their knowledge with extreme ease.

He convinced a jury top let him off after admitting to killing someone and admitting to it. I don't think that this is even possible.

As I say I'm a fan of both shows. I think I've followed both shows from season 1, (maybe season 2 with Dexter). I definitely prefer Dexter because Patrick's abilities seem to have gotten out of hand.

Also it has been proven that Dexter lacks self control, and can be tempted. This is something Patrick could definitely take advantage of.

#32 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy:

1. Dexter also solves cases very quickly. In most cases, he solves murders in a matter of moments.
  2. How much money you make is irrelevant. Counting cards is not a feat..... at all.
  3. What good does hypnosis do him here?
  4. Lawyers do that stuff all the time.
#33 Edited by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik:

3. What does hypnosis do him? How about he hypnotises dexter into admitting to the murders?

1. In Patricks 3 seasons (currently in 4) he has solved about 10x as many murders as Dexter has in his 5 seasons (currently in season 6). Sometimes he has done it over the phone without even visitting the scene. Dexter has very few and all far less impressive feats in this area. If he turned up at the kind of crime scenes you see in The Mentalist (which sometimes people wash up on shore) there is no way he would be able to take the information Patrick does. Patrick often tells you want kind of person, what their hobbies and interests are, and sometimes even where they live or what they do for a living, all from nothing.

2.This is merely an intelligence feat, placing him way above Dexter on the scale, considering that Dexter often takes half a season to figure out who the killer was while Patrick figues them out in no longer than episode you are right, this was probably an unnecessary addition.

4. Patrick didn't use a lawyer. He is just that good. Also, can you inform me of a case where someone shoots someone else in a shopping centre, admits to it, then gets let free?

Also as I said, Patrick is pretty much perfect, while Dexter has pretty big weaknesses such as a lack of self control. In the first season you can also see that he was (or is) weird about contact with other human beings. Doakes always suspected him and that guy wasn't particularly intelligent at all.

#34 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

You Still Do Not Know What Trolling Is... Also, since i said that Patrick Jane is better than Dexter in that last quote, you didn't disagree with me, you just threw out a point proving that Jane is better. Are we allowed to do that now? Ignore Facts? OK, i ignore the fact that Dexter knows how to clean a crime scene. Oh he gets caught caught by a random pedestrian now.

@Erik said:

@KaioKen said:

I like how you came into this thread and immediately insulted everyone present and flame baited several specific users. So since mods have been cracking down on that lately, flagged.

Insulted Everyone? I don't think I insulted anyone. To be insulted by something you must first believe it to be true, the first thing you learn in Psychology. Also i expressed an opinion which is freedom of speech, If world leaders and potential world leaders can do it on live TV then im sure this is fine. Finally, Regarding the comment about you, it was just an Observation. You said you never watched The Mentalist but just assume that Dexter is better which is stating your case without all the facts. Also, chill out, it's a discussion. Not life or Death.

@Erik said:

@HowTerribleIsThat said:

@CitizenBane said:

@KaioKen said:

Which ones were luck then?

Do you want a list? I thought you had seen all/most/some of Dexter? is this another case where we are ignoring facts?

It boils down to Perfection vs Non-Perfection.

#35 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Erik:

3. What does hypnosis do him? How about he hypnotises dexter into admitting to the murders?

1. In Patricks 3 seasons (currently in 4) he has solved about 10x as many murders as Dexter has in his 5 seasons (currently in season 6). Sometimes he has done it over the phone without even visitting the scene. Dexter has very few and all far less impressive feats in this area. If he turned up at the kind of crime scenes you see in The Mentalist (which sometimes people wash up on shore) there is no way he would be able to take the information Patrick does. Patrick often tells you want kind of person, what their hobbies and interests are, and sometimes even where they live or what they do for a living, all from nothing.

2.This is merely an intelligence feat, placing him way above Dexter on the scale, considering that Dexter often takes half a season to figure out who the killer was while Patrick figues them out in no longer than episode you are right, this was probably an unnecessary addition.

4. Patrick didn't use a lawyer. He is just that good. Also, can you inform me of a case where someone shoots someone else in a shopping centre, admits to it, then gets let free?

Also as I said, Patrick is pretty much perfect, while Dexter has pretty big weaknesses such as a lack of self control. In the first season you can also see that he was (or is) weird about contact with other human beings. Doakes always suspected him and that guy wasn't particularly intelligent at all.

1. You do not understand. There is nothing to tie Dexter to any of the murders. Period. No evidence at all and even if Jane hypnotized every cop in the precinct, a confession under hypnosis would hold as much weight in court as a strawberry hooker claiming rape.
  2. How many crimes he solves is absolutely irrelevant. Besides that, being told there is a serial killer in Miami does not put him on Dexter's trail. There are several serial killers in Miami.
  3. Ah.... no. That is not true. The only one he took a while to figure out was his own brother and that is because A) his brother was distracting him with games and B) Dexter was distracted with his personal stuff. He even admits in his narrative he would have easily realized Brian's darkness if he was not distracted. He was not tracking the skinner at all so that is irrelevant. He himself was the BBB so that is irrelevant. He found Trinity within a few episodes that no one else could find. Not even the best serial killer FBI agent in the US. He immediately knew who all the Rapists were and he easily deduced that the Doomsday killer is in fact two people.
  4. This does not prove anything.... at all. Manipulating a broken justice system is not impressive when every day someone does the exact same thing.
  5. Pretty much perfect is subjective.
  6. Dexter has a great deal of control. I do not think you are actually paying attention to the show. He went almost a year without killing someone.
  7. Doakes suspected him because Doakes is just like him. The only people that have ever seen Dexter's darkness are people with the same dark passenger.
#36 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik said:

@KaioKen said:

Insulted Everyone? I don't think I insulted anyone. To be insulted by something you must first believe it to be true, the first thing you learn in Psychology. Also i expressed an opinion which is freedom of speech, If world leaders and potential world leaders can do it on live TV then im sure this is fine. Finally, Regarding the comment about you, it was just an Observation. You said you never watched The Mentalist but just assume that Dexter is better which is stating your case without all the facts. Also, chill out, it's a discussion. Not life or Death.

Do you want a list? I thought you had seen all/most/some of Dexter? is this another case where we are ignoring facts?

• Not true. An insult does not have to be based on fact at all.
  • Sorry but there is no freedom of speech on the forums. There are laws and rules that govern this forum that prohibit your variety of "freedom".
  • False. I admitted that I do not watch the show and based on everyone else's reasoning, I have concluded that there is nothing that puts Dexter in danger.
  • I do not have to chill out considering I am not hot about anything you have said. Just because I pointed out your trolling behavior, does not mean I am offended or even bothered by it.
  • Yes I want a list. If it makes you feel like a man, you can pretend I am lying and have not watched any Dexter episode.
  • I have not seen anything that makes Jane perfect. Good at his job maybe, but not perfect.
#37 Edited by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Nessy said:

@Erik:

1. You do not understand. There is nothing to tie Dexter to any of the murders. Period. No evidence at all and even if Jane hypnotized every cop in the precinct, a confession under hypnosis would hold as much weight in court as a strawberry hooker claiming rape.
  2. How many crimes he solves is absolutely irrelevant. Besides that, being told there is a serial killer in Miami does not put him on Dexter's trail. There are several serial killers in Miami.
  3. Ah.... no. That is not true. The only one he took a while to figure out was his own brother and that is because A) his brother was distracting him with games and B) Dexter was distracted with his personal stuff. He even admits in his narrative he would have easily realized Brian's darkness if he was not distracted. He was not tracking the skinner at all so that is irrelevant. He himself was the BBB so that is irrelevant. He found Trinity within a few episodes that no one else could find. Not even the best serial killer FBI agent in the US. He immediately knew who all the Rapists were and he easily deduced that the Doomsday killer is in fact two people.
  4. This does not prove anything.... at all. Manipulating a broken justice system is not impressive when every day someone does the exact same thing.
  5. Pretty much perfect is subjective.
  6. Dexter has a great deal of control. I do not think you are actually paying attention to the show. He went almost a year without killing someone.
  7. Doakes suspected him because Doakes is just like him. The only people that have ever seen Dexter's darkness are people with the same dark passenger.

2 things that prove you have no idea what you are talking about: firstly, Patrick has tied a lot more normal people to murders. Dexter is a weird guy anyway.

Secondly, if Dexter has so much self control, howcome he was unable to honour his dying friends only wish that he not kill someone...he tries not to but instead jumps on the guy like a mad animal and drowns him.

Don't know why I'm arguing with a guy that admits he hasn't even watched the mentalist. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Couple more feats: Patrick identified someone as being the killed just because they had a fan in their office.

Dexter was almost caught at the end of season 2 (not the first time, and there have been many more times). The only reason he didn't get caught was blind luck that debra decided to let the serial killer not get caught so she didn't pull back the sheet separating them.

#38 Edited by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

2 things that prove you have no idea what you are talking about: firstly, Patrick has tied a lot more normal people to murders. Dexter is a weird guy anyway.

Secondly, if Dexter has so much self control, howcome he was unable to honour his dying friends only wish that he not kill someone...he tries not to but instead jumps on the guy like a mad animal and drowns him.

Don't know why I'm arguing with a guy that admits he hasn't even watched the mentalist. You have no clue what you are talking about.

• No one thinks Dexter is weird with the exception of the people that benefit from his narrative.... which is us the viewers. Nothing to tie him to any murder.
  • If you watched the show, you would know why. He killed the guy because the guy was a remorseless killer that Dexter noted as having no light.
  • Pretty bold and dismissive statement coming from the person that cannot even formulate a valid or adequate argument for the person he is so confident will win.
Couple more feats: Patrick identified someone as being the killed just because they had a fan in their office.
Dexter was almost caught at the end of season 2 (not the first time, and there have been many more times). The only reason he didn't get caught was blind luck that debra decided to let the serial killer not get caught so she didn't pull back the sheet separating them.
  • So what? Dexter does not have a fan in his office.
  • No he did not. Doakes almost got caught but was killed before they closed in on him.
#39 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@KaioKen said:

@Erik said:

@KaioKen said:

• Not true. An insult does not have to be based on fact at all.
  • Sorry but there is no freedom of speech on the forums. There are laws and rules that govern this forum that prohibit your variety of "freedom".
  • False. I admitted that I do not watch the show and based on everyone else's reasoning, I have concluded that there is nothing that puts Dexter in danger.
  • I do not have to chill out considering I am not hot about anything you have said. Just because I pointed out your trolling behavior, does not mean I am offended or even bothered by it.
  • Yes I want a list. If it makes you feel like a man, you can pretend I am lying and have not watched any Dexter episode.
  • I have not seen anything that makes Jane perfect. Good at his job maybe, but not perfect.
  1. It Does have to be based on fact, otherwise it is a lie, and a lie is untrue so why would anyone get annoyed about a lie? That is just not Logical.
  2. There is freedom of Speech Everywhere. If there was not we would not have forums. thus by your logic creating a paradox. A Forum is the epitome of Freedom of speech, right to say opinions that anyone can see.
  3. You Based your opinion on one post? First was the OP, then:

@Nefarious said:

1. Nah, for one step Patrick takes to get close to Dexter...Dexter will take a leap forward to avoid getting caught by him. Dex is good at covering his tracks.

followed by you saying

@Erik said:

@Nessy said:

No. Dexter would absolutely know about it and would easily set some other killer up or otherwise lead the investigation astray because he most certainly will be on or near the investigation team hunting him down.

Quoting the OP and not the Previous Comment. So you made up your mind based on one post and you did not even quote the post you based your information on. You Quoted the OP which comes across like your wanting it to be your own thoughts put into it, not Everyone else's reasoning, and coming to a conclusion.

4. You do not know what Trolling is. Also thank you for confirming that you are not offended by anything i said.

5. I can do a list if you want. Here are a few: Lucky that when getting rid of his equipment and looking at his blood slides he managed to pick the one that his brother had put a smiley face on the blood, lucky that Doakes stole his blood slides (season 2), lucky that Lila kills Doakes, Lucky that Rita doesn't do anything about the shoe that her ex husband leaves behind (season 1) and lucky that the serial killer "The Skinner" has to go away and "get his tools" to kill Dexter which is a bit of Plot Induced Stupidity.

6. You do not even know what Patrick Jane's job is for a start. He knows who a serial killer is by: shaking someone's hand blindfolded; seeing a bathroom cabinet is too neat; by looking at someones picture and by looking at reactions when saying something.

#40 Edited by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: It is stated by Dexter himself that he didn't want to kill the guy, that he wanted to let him live but he couldn't. I don't know what more fact you need than that.

Also, stated the wrong number, i meant to type 5 (i think it was 5) that ended with his sister letting him escape.

#41 Edited by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen:

1. I really hope you are not actually taking a psychology class. Otherwise you are what we would call a quack.
  2. Okay then try some of your freedom of speech right now. See where it gets you.
  3. Right. I made a post based on another. Then other posts followed, which I also responded to. What is your point?
  4. I know what it is better than you do apparently. Just because I was not offended, does not mean I do not want to see you reprimanded for it. I am just that kind of guy.
  5. Not luck. This was all a game that Brian had put together for years after watching Dexter. Next. Not lucky because Dexter was never a suspect. Doakes put himself in front of the firing squad by stealing the slides. Next. Not lucky, that was a "torture tactic" to try to build up anxiety. Did you even watch that show? Dexter immediately took the Skinner's power away by calmly admitting he killed Freebo. So the Skinner wanted to get it back by trying to scare Dexter.
  6. Considering he will not likely be shaking Dexter's hand, visiting his home much less his bathroom, or looking at Dexter's pictures, I remain confident that Dexter is safe.
#42 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Erik: It is stated by Dexter himself that he didn't want to kill the guy, that he wanted to let him live but he couldn't. I don't know what more fact you need than that.

Also, stated the wrong number, i meant to type 5 (i think it was 5) that ended with his sister letting him escape.

• I never said that he wanted to kill Doakes so I have no idea where you got confused there.
  • He never would have been in that situation if he was not captured first. Were he able to perform like he normally did, his kill would have been in another location entirely at a time much more convenient to him.
#43 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik:

1. Why? Worried?

2. I will "I Believe in State Pensions!" and you can quote me on that.

3. @Erik said:

your changing your story now. "Everyone else's reasoning" being 1 previous post at the time. the way you are talking is that you took everyone's opinion into account but you didn't.

@Erik said:

Rather a bold statement from taking your opinion from one post. Now you are sticking blindly to your guns not even considering Jane's ability and everything that me and Nessy have said.

4. In a court of law if someone sates he was not offended by a remark that the defendant is being tried for, then the defendant is innocent. Just like if someone says they are guilty then they are guilty.

5. Luck. one out of many slides and he picks the one with a face, game or not. Luck that Doakes Stole the slides, its not if he was a suspect but about how he felt. and he said in his inner monologue that he was worried. Luck, he would have his tools with him if the writers kept to his character. and i note you ignored the other points.

6. Jane is in Miami as the OP states, and since Dexter is in the top Police Department and the CBI work with the police and its Forensics department. It is assumed that They will meet each other. Jane just need to take a brief look at someone and knows, it has happened in almost every episode of The Mentalist. he spots someone over a crowd of people and goes to talk to them instantly knowing. Someone of which are better actors and pretenders than Dexter.

You are still only looking at this from one side of things. I prefer Dexter to The Mentalist and prefer the character of Dexter to Patrick Jane but Objectively, Jane will get this.

#44 Edited by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen:

1. About your knowledge on the subject? Yes.
  2. Trolling post. Moving on.
  3. I am not changing my story. By the time I made the post you quoted, I had reached my conclusion. There is nothing wrong with reading several posts and finding nothing convincing. Initially yes, I countered one post. But by the time you chose to confront me on that matter specifically, I had read through several arguments.
  4. Of course Dexter would know about it. Why would he not? He is only the best forensics investigator in Miami.
  5. Not true at all. But just in case, good thing we are not in a court of law.
  6. Not luck. It was planned specifically by Brian. That is why it was put there and not somewhere else. Because he knew Dexter would go through them. Being aware that his kills had been unearthed is cause for worry. Even though he took steps to continuously ensure that nothing led back to him. So not luck that Doakes stole the slides. A massive inconvenience actually because he lost his trophies. Not luck because that is the character. A character that likes to cause as much physical and emotional pain as possible.
  7. They have no reason to meet each other. There is no murder evidence and certainly no blood that would lead the police or Jane to require Dexter's expertise. So not likely that they will meet. To say that they are better pretenders than Dexter is purely subjective nonsense.
  8. I am looking only at what you and others provide me in addition to what I know about Dexter. If you want me to think Jane will win, give me compelling evidence of such.
#45 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

Only on comicvine do you get to have people argue for or against fictional characters whom they know absolutely nothing about.

Simply put, Patrick is much much smarter, he is pretty much perfect. He is never worried, never nervous, and is never in a situation he finds threatening. Dexter on many occasions has made bad judgements, made mistakes, and has been shown to have several major character flaws.

I have no doubt that if you actually watched the show you would agree with me and the others in this thread that have provided the proof shown here...either that or you are an idiot.

#46 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

Only on comicvine do you get to have people argue for or against fictional characters whom they know absolutely nothing about.

Simply put, Patrick is much much smarter, he is pretty much perfect. He is never worried, never nervous, and is never in a situation he finds threatening. Dexter on many occasions has made bad judgements, made mistakes, and has been shown to have several major character flaws.

I have no doubt that if you actually watched the show you would agree with me and the others in this thread that have provided the proof shown here...either that or you are an idiot.

• You get that everywhere actually. It is called.... debating. Shocker.
  • You have not proved that he is smarter. Perfect is subjective. Nothing in that second sentence is relevant. Every has character flaws. So you have only confirmed that Dexter is human.
  • Maybe I have watched the shows and just think you are wrong. I guess that you are calling me an idiot then.
#47 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: yes in that case I am calling you an idiot.

Also you are saying dexter is human. Patrick's intelligence is way beyond any human by a long shot. He has a perfect memory.

Also, usually in debating people have knowldge of both sides...

#48 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Erik: yes in that case I am calling you an idiot.

Also you are saying dexter is human. Patrick's intelligence is way beyond any human by a long shot. He has a perfect memory.

Also, usually in debating people have knowldge of both sides...

• That is unfortunate.
  • Having an eidetic memory is not beyond human.
  • Not true. Debates happen all the time where people have no knowledge of either side and are relying solely on logic, reason and the information provided.
#49 Edited by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

So he has a perfect memory, never made mistakes, can do ANYTHING Dexter can do, and much much more.

Literally, there is nothing Dexter does in the show that Patrick can't. Simply put.

#50 Posted by Erik (32448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

So he has a perfect memory, never made mistakes, can do ANYTHING Dexter can do, and much much more.

Literally, there is nothing Dexter does in the show that Patrick can't. Simply put.

Having an eidetic memory does not make one perfect. I have not heard of Jane being able to kill a man, dissect him and be home in time for Letterman. What episode was this shown in?