#1 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan as Parallax vs DC Ares with the Godwave
#2 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

hal jordan as parallax could win this.
#3 Posted by darkrein (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Godwave Ares? Ares breaks parallax in two.

#4 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrtrickster said:
" hal jordan as parallax could win this. "
@darkrein said:
" Godwave Ares? Ares breaks parallax in two. "
Looks like there is a disagreement somewhere along the lines.
#5 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

Parallax.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Parallax. "
Whats your reasoning? 
#7 Posted by termiteone4ever (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

PArallax got this . Parallax is way too powerful .

#8 Posted by ___Living_Tribunal_22__ (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the result depends on how much power the Source posess.
#9 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

ZH parallax stomps, Sinestro corp/blackest night parallax lose.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

@JediXMan said:
" Parallax. "
Whats your reasoning?

Because he is JediXMan and he said so :) LOL just kidding..

I am thinking parallax as well, considering how parallax was shown to be at least at par if not above Spectre, and Spectre should be above a normal skyfather :) i vote Parallax. Besides , you are talking about an entity of fear his powers should be near limitless , if properly utilized :)

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

@JediXMan said:
" Parallax. "
Whats your reasoning?

Because he is JediXMan and he said so

That should be my slogan.
Moderator Online
#12 Posted by LightningGod67 (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Parallax, too. Way too powerful.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Killemall said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

@JediXMan said:
" Parallax. "
Whats your reasoning?

Because he is JediXMan and he said so

That should be my slogan.

that sounds like a pretty cool slogan anyways ;) stick with it man..

@LightningGod67 said:

I say Parallax, too. Way too powerful.

Gotta agree with this :)

#14 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

Godwave Ares could take it to a few versions of Parallax but certainly not ZH Hal..

#15 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Godwave Ares can even take on Blackest Night Parallax. He'd own Rebirth Parallax though.

#16 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungGunna said:

Godwave Ares could take it to a few versions of Parallax but certainly not ZH Hal..

Unless Parallax is jobbing i dont really think even godwave Ares could win, think of it this way, its a entity of fear with virtually unlimited power against a skyfather.

#17 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: The problem is your stuck on just one version of Parallax(ZH) which I said would beat Ares.. The Post Zero Hour version, who had just absorbed some energy from Oa. I wouldn't say that version was very powerful at all, less powerful than perhaps a normal Guardian. It was implied that everything he did- including killing a normal sun eater - could have been done by a GL with sufficient experience and will power. I'd say he had more raw power than that available, obviously, but probaly somewhere between a GL and a Guardian. GW Ares could take that version.

#18 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungGunna said:

@killemall: The problem is your stuck on just one version of Parallax(ZH) which I said would beat Ares.. The Post Zero Hour version, who had just absorbed some energy from Oa. I wouldn't say that version was very powerful at all, less powerful than perhaps a normal Guardian. It was implied that everything he did- including killing a normal sun eater - could have been done by a GL with sufficient experience and will power. I'd say he had more raw power than that available, obviously, but probaly somewhere between a GL and a Guardian. GW Ares could take that version.

Firstly, i never see ur reply on my inbox makes it very hard to know when u replied. Besides, I thought parallax was always explained as the physical embodiment of fear itself, be it the zero hour parallax, or the some other version of him. I am drawing this conclusion based on one of the series (sorry can’t remember the name, but I suppose if I explained what happened you can help me out with the name) where Hal had both parallax and spectre within him fighting for control. It was even then stated that parallax’s power was more than Spectre himself. Anyone with that sort of power, provided is being written properly, should be able to defeat a sky-father.

#19 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

Godwave Ares could beat the Rebirth and SCW versions of Parallax. He stands no chance against the Blackest Night and Zero Hour versions.

#20 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Godwave Ares could beat the Rebirth and SCW versions of Parallax. He stands no chance against the Blackest Night and Zero Hour versions.

Blackest night Parallax did nothing to suggest he's more powerful that SCW version.

#21 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this was Chronos the father of Zeus, and grandfather of Ares with the Godwave.  

#22 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio
@katanalauncher said:

@CitizenBane said:

Blackest night Parallax did nothing to suggest he's more powerful that SCW version.

I don't know, giving Spectre a root canal treatment session seemed pretty impressive to me.
#23 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

wasn't Parallax collapsing entire time lines? what can Ares really do against him?
#24 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
wasn't Parallax collapsing entire time lines? what can Ares really do against him?
That was Zero Hour only.
#25 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:
@Thor's hammmer said:
That was Zero Hour only.

which parallax are we using for this battle?
#26 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Thor's hammmer said:
That was Zero Hour only.
 which parallax are we using for this battle?
Dunno. OP doesn't specify. So I ran through the various incarnations of Parallax and specified which ones he could beat and which ones he'd lose against. It's on the previous page.
#27 Posted by wkar (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

hal jordan as parallax could win this.

Agreed

#28 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Just what exactly is the Godwave? I know it's a Byrne idea, but did later writers choose to ignore it or did it get retconned? Thanks.

#29 Posted by YoungGunna (2439 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: If my replies are not ending up in your inbox, then I'm usually on my phone, no worries.. Back on topic, the version of Parallax your referring to is Blackest night? Parallax varies in diffrent versions and all I pointed out was that GW Ares could take a couple of them. The only problem with your post is that you should have been more specific in which Parallax you were adressing because the OP isn't cutting it.

#30 Posted by TheSupremeBeing (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero Hour Parallax vs Godwave Ares , would be more intresting
#31 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSupremeBeing said:

Zero Hour Parallax vs Godwave Ares , would be more intresting

Ares would be massacred.