P+T: Captain Comet(beatboks1) vs Superman(sophia89)

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnimeLegend68

This battle is for the Planetary+ Tournament here

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/planetary-level-tournament-closed-1651559/?messageId=14110051&page=4#js-message-199

Standing in one corner, angry about the death of his son and wife, now a tyrant that has gone mad, Superman!

No Caption Provided

Standing in the other corner, a meta human that was powered by the radiation at a young age, Captain Comet!

No Caption Provided
  • Each fighter gets 7 mins of prep
  • Superman Injustice feats only

@beatboks1@sophia89 it's up

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By beatboks1

@sophia89 you can go first if you'd like. If not let me know and I'll get something up

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#3  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@beatboks1: awesome. tag me man. plus.........when do you wanna do those MLJ charaters VS mine CaV?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: whenever youd like. What levels do you wanna do? Mixed power catagory maybe?

Powerhouse, mid level times 2 and one stret leveller ??

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

T4V.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@cosmicallyaware1: whenever youd like. What levels do you wanna do? Mixed power catagory maybe?

Powerhouse, mid level times 2 and one stret leveller ??

cool. That all sounds about right.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By haoalchemist

T4v

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Sorry dude, didn't get the notification (and I really have to stop entering so many of these at once)

As listed in the linked Sign up thread, I have Composite Captain Comet. This is important for several reasons, it allows me his full range of abilities at the peak of all.

Classic Comet for example had Physical stats that allowed him to fight and harm Superman, Go toe to toe with an enraged Lobo for several pages (eventually winning), with his mind over matter had low level matter manipulation

He Also had speed to match flash (react to crime syndicate's Johnny Quick), could TP scan an entire dimension, was able to use that same mind over matter power to control the power of a Lantern Battery against the will of the user, and his TK was also formidable (able to hold o[en dimensional/time vortex, catch space ships etc), incredible senses, Astral projection, the ability to adapt to just about anything and he NEVER tired.

Now post Resurrection Comet ( after the events of Mystery in space) dropped a few notches in physical power, stepped up several more in mental power and gained the power of teleportation.

Post Resurrection he was able to TP defeat several clones of his former body with all the TP capability he formerly had at once. His new Improved "brain blasts were a devastating attack.

My Opponent also mentioned the different morals of his superman to a normal one. Well post Resurrection comet has a NO MERCY MODE that the "classic boy scout version" would find abhorrent.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If that's what he needs to get the job done.

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animelegend68: sorry man I completely and utterly forgot this one. Will get something up as a battle post when I get home from work or in the morning.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

OK off to battle.

First for the 7 minutes of prep.

Comet will mind probe the earth to

locate a decent size piece of Kryptonite.

As seen in the scan to the right he can casually probe an entire dimension so a single planet won't be much problem. He will then use either his speed (stated to be as fast as Flash with speed feats FTL to support) or his teleportation to get to it in very little time.

No Caption Provided

Finally he will use his mind over matter to make the kryptonite coat his hands just as he casually reconstructs the fish pond here

Really this should only take at most a minute or two as the scans show.

No Caption Provided

So with the remaining five minutes he will to make a solar energy absorber to drain Superman's solar energy charge.

As you can see from the scan to the right he was able to modify a device that was much more complex to affect sun light in minutes. Using the knowledge he has of solar energy, his super speed he should be able to rework his blaster gun to be a moderate solar draining device in the time left to him without to much trouble.

Results of Prep

• CC's fists will do vastly greater damage to Superman than his mere strength would normally do.
  • His gun will be able to drain small amounts of Superman's solar charge (added to the depowering and weakening affects of Kryptonite)

The Battle

No Caption Provided

Already Captain Comet has the advantage that the energy of mutation in his cells unchecked is a natural counter to that of Superman. As seen here it is actually an opposite charge that is known to hurt Superman more than Comet.

Now the battle here (one of the first appearances of Comet post COIE) was when Comet first evolved his physical powers once his mental powers were taken by overmind temporarily. His mental powers normally keep this evolution in check so that he is not the grotesque monster he became here. However knowing that allowing his physicals to go unchecked will have this effect on Superman he will let down his guard and let his body become fully evovled without his mind controlling it.

This will add to the physical damage he can already do to Superman ( as I have shown him doing to Lobo, and the effects of his Kryptonite fists and solar absorbing gun)

As he enters the battle he will mentally assault Superman. He's already been shown mentally controlling Bizzaro who actually has better TP resistant feats than Superman.

No Caption Provided

As seen here he was able to put Bizzaro to sleep in an instant with barely an effort. Really this battle could be as short as that. CC puts superman to sleep and then absorbs a bit of solar energy while he's down and punches him a few thousand times as super speed with Kryptonite fists.

Job done.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By beatboks1
AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By beatboks1

@sophia89:

Not bad but your wrong on a few things. I'll post in full later but (edited in)

CC could control Bizarro while he fought, he actually did it for a few issues of the series that particular scan came from.This for example was him fighting while keeping Bizarro in check elsewhere

No Caption Provided

What he couldnt do was control Grundy while he doing what he was about to do next. that next thing was TP control both the Rann armada to stand down and leave their planned genocidal attack on Thanagar who they believed was responsible for a devastating attack on Rann.

So yeah understandable that he needed a little more focus for that. Which given he could do that he can easily send your innocents back to their home and make your army attack you.

We are talking about the guy who pre resurrection TP linked the entire GLC, Legion, and the Darkstars. Considering that post resurrection his Psionics got a major upgrade, that is saying something.

Here we see that he single handedly does what it took several clones of his former body with all that bodies powers. Indicating just how much of an upgrade he got. It took a dozen of these clones to change a single memory of the Weird and he reworked his entire psyche alone.

Your also not blitzing CC as I showed scans of classic CC reacting to Johnny Quick of earth 3 and traveling from earth to mars in moments (something light takes 20 minutes to do). When it comes to speed and physicals we're a close to even match.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He is stated to be Flash level speed and has the feats to support it in both travel and reaction speed.

I don't see Phantom Zone projector as doing much to CC as he can astral project and use his mental powers while in astral from

As seen here he could TK hold the "spirit" while in this form. He can still battle in phantom form and has experience doing so.

This also brings up why Superman won't be getting a chance to recharge

With his TK he has shielded himself from ominar Synn (who threw BA around like nothing), controlled the power of a Green Lantern Battery (which have feats of holding Kryponians and the scans states his mental power was greater- he's done this to Sinestro and Kyle Raynor too), pulled buildings down while TK shielding himself, held open dimensional warps, held space ships (and thrown them at each other), self hawgirl light years away.

ALL these feats are pre resurrection, post his power is more than a dozen times that as shown. Not to mention he got other upgrades with the resurrection like

No Caption Provided

Brain blasts

Teleportation. A power that even those who knew him well and those with nigh omniscience (like Lord Synnar Demiurge) weren't aware of.

Kryptonite is not that scarce in all versions. PLenty in the DCU have it and nothing states the battle is in Injustice world, or Nu52. Lex Luthor, Metallo and others have Kryptonite. Added to which Comet is a hero who operates in space and would have access to other worlds (especially with his teleportation)Getting K won't be an issue at all.

In conclusion

• I can turn everything you just set up against you
  • I can still get Kryptonite
  • I can fight in phantom form, can you when the "soldier with it" uses it against you under my mental control?
  • How can you protect yourself from Brain blasts, matter manip, TP,
  • I can fight you at a distance with TK
  • I have at least equal travel and reaction speed to you, you aren't "blitzing" anything.
  • Superman is only leaving it I ALLOW it.

Simple fact. There is a reason I chose "composite CC. Pre Resurrection he is a physical match in almost every respect to Superman

No Caption Provided

Post resurrection his physicals were less and his metal powers (which as shown were far from lacking pre resurrection ) got a major upgrade.

I have more avenues and ways to fight you for which you have no answer.

I can post scans when I get home (on meal break at work)

Your turn

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers