Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Both in their prime
  • John is MJOLNIR-less
  • Composite Adrian. Feats from Watchmen, Before Watchmen and Watchmen (2009)
  • Morals On
  • Fight takes place in Karnak, Adrian's arctic fortress
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chief is trying to stop Ozzy from enacting his plan to slaughter millions.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Master Chief absolutely stomps Ozymandias. He's still faster than him by at least 10 times.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Not from what I've seen of your scans. That Spartans are casual bullet timers, which is what Adrian is, he's dodged bullets, deflected bullets, caught bullets. etc.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Master Chief slaughterhouse

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Master Chief absolutely stomps Ozymandias. He's still faster than him by at least 10 times.

Not to mention they all have unbreakable bones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Not from what I've seen of your scans. That Spartans are casual bullet timers, which is what Adrian is, he's dodged bullets, deflected bullets, caught bullets. etc.

He caught one bullet. Chief casually dodges them. Big difference. Tell me when Ozymandias can dent metal with his punches at the age of 14.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He caught one bullet. Chief casually dodges them.

So does Ozy...

Tell me when Ozymandias can dent metal with his punches at the age of 14.

He could casually break bones at 9.

+5 years of training? Forget about it.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

From what I know of MC, I'll take him for this fight.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC destroys Ozy.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

I'm not that knowledgeable on either, I'm a casual fan of both. Could somebody give me the basic lowdown of their greatest feats?

thefusescape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC hands down. By the way, Denting metal with a punch is much larger of a feat than breaking bone.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

He caught one bullet. Chief casually dodges them.

So does Ozy...

Tell me when Ozymandias can dent metal with his punches at the age of 14.

He could casually break bones at 9.

+5 years of training? Forget about it.

Master Chief has trained since he was 6. He's like in his 40's now. Add that to the fact that he has augmentations, and Ozymandias gets destroyed. Also:

MC hands down. By the way, Denting metal with a punch is much larger of a feat than breaking bone.

I'm not that knowledgeable on either, I'm a casual fan of both. Could somebody give me the basic lowdown of their greatest feats?

Well Chief's best feats would make Ozy look like absolute crap. Without armor, he would still beat Adrian, but he doesn't have as much feats out of armor than in. He is ten times faster than a normal human, as a regular person has a reaction time of 200 milliseconds. Chief has 20 millisecond reaction time.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Giving a slight edge to Mc. If he had Mjolnir it would be a total stomp. Without, it could be a good fight.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MC.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

@sheenlantern said:

I don't know much about chief but for the record Ozy was moving his hand into position before the bullet was fired.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He also didn't catch it between his finger tips so really its not that much different from the average peak human (like batman) deflecting bullets to be honest. From what I understand of chief he is suppose to be upper street level (like way beyond peak human).

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief shows the little upstart what happens when you mess with a Spartan

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'v always seen them both as pushing the limit of peak human. I want to say Ozy, but I also don't have time to get involved in a debate..... Requires further inspection.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@sheenlantern said:

I don't know much about chief but for the record Ozy was moving his hand into position before the bullet was fired.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He also didn't catch it between his finger tips so really its not that much different from the average peak human (like batman) deflecting bullets to be honest. From what I understand of chief he is suppose to be upper street level (like way beyond peak human).

In the movie he caught it, but even then it wasn't that impressive (at least compared to Chief).

I'v always seen them both as pushing the limit of peak human. I want to say Ozy, but I also don't have time to get involved in a debate..... Requires further inspection.

Dude even Batman would cream Ozymandias. John takes the win here easily.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: well, I guess so. Ozy is the perfect human, MC was genetically modified to be better than perfect. I can't say I enjoyed Halo more than Watchmen. The first 2 games were way up there, but still, gotta love Bubastis.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: "....even Batman would cream Ozymandias."

I agree, MC curbs Ozy...but don't EVER disrespect the Bat! xD

Jmarshmallow

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: well, I guess so. Ozy is the perfect human, MC was genetically modified to be better than perfect. I can't say I enjoyed Halo more than Watchmen. The first 2 games were way up there, but still, gotta love Bubastis.

Ozy is above human. Lets not forget he caught a bullet with his bare hands AND the bullet barely penetrated his skin. As for breaking bone vs. denting steel, it's really not as big of a difference as you may think. Especially if he was only 9, before his muscles even started developing really. A person before puberty compared to a person after/during puberty is a HUGE difference, and not something to make light of.

Honestly, I think MC is being overstated here, Ozy was pretty boss. Dunno who I'd pick to win.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SheenLantern

@rogueshadow:

Ozymandias:

• Is the world's smartest man, he can calculate every possible outcome of any scenario in a fraction of a second, much like Midnighter's battle computer ability. He can defeat expert fighters who are standing directly behind him without even looking at them.
  • He is physically conditioned to an almost difficult to believe state, he can toss fully grown men several metres effortlessly with one hand, he can leap 30 feet without a running start, he is so fast, he got from standing several metres in front of the Comedian to directly behind him without him noticing in less than a second. He can dodge, deflect and catch bullets. He can do a handstand on one finger. He overpowered Comedian, who could punch through solid stone. He threw a stiletto several feet into the barrel of a gun that had already began firing. He was never touched in the entirety of Watchmen, not unwillingly, at least. He let Nite Owl II wail on him for a good while (Who, could send fully grown men flying with glancing blows and break bones with his bare hands) and Ozzy was fine afterwards.
  • He was an expert martial artist at an infant age. He effortlessly defeated Nite Owl II and Rorschach simultaneously, who had both shown themselves to be expert fighters with superhuman feats.

He has plenty more feats, but those are what I consider to be his most popular.

I really don't know why people say this is a curbstomp, their feats are pretty much on the exact same level.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator
SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SheenLantern

@rogueshadow said:

@sheenlantern: Ozymandias is clearly on another level.

I wouldn't say that. I think the only aspects in which they differ significantly is in Adrian's intelligence and John's durability. It just depends on which, if either, is enough to tip the balance.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MC should win.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

@sheenlantern: I'm joking, I still go with Master Chief based on my meagre knowledge.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

oyzmandias ftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: @sheenlantern: @floopay: I'm completely aware of Ozymandias' feats. Impressive yes, but nothing Chief can't counter.

Ozymandias is above human, yes, but Master Chief is above even that. Keep in mind all of the feats below are without any armor on.

• First of all, the SPARTAN-II's reaction times are better than twenty milliseconds. Normal humans merely have 200 millisecond reaction times.
No Caption Provided
  • The SPARTAN-II's are so quick that not even the self-targeting systems can track them.
No Caption Provided
  • SPARTAN-II punches can dent heavy plated metal from exoskeletons.
No Caption Provided
  • Ozymandias throws men several meters you say? John can kick exoskeletons eight meters away.
No Caption Provided
  • More evidence of John absolutely wrecking exoskeletons, and the stun round's efficiency.
No Caption Provided
  • John easily dodges a point-blank stun round (same speed as standard round). Also a strength feat, he literally rips the mounted gun off of the exoskeleton.
No Caption Provided
  • The SPARTAN-II's take out the lights, eliminate every single trainer, and take the red flag without being seen, in an instant.
No Caption Provided

Also, here's a good idea of what the exoskeletons look like. They even had improvements made onto them.

No Caption Provided

- From Halo Nation

The Mark I Prototype Exoskeleton improved the strength and stamina of the wearer and allowed a user to lift two tons (4,000 pounds) and run at 32 km/h (19.88 MPH) for extended periods of time.[5] The Mark I contained a cutting edge on board computer that could assist the wearer by transmitting tactical and communications information to the standard neural implant issued to a soldier, the suit however did not possess the ability to carry an A.I on board. The armor could also be equipped with motion sensors, infrared scopes, and could be mounted with a 30mm mini-gun that fired on self-targeting armatures.

Also, here's John taking on multiple ODST's, holding back, and still manhandling them with ease.

No Caption Provided

And if you think the ODST's are just mere fodder, you're wrong. First of all, they have their own game. Second of all, they're capable of this:

Ozy doesn't stand a chance. SPARTAN-II's accidentally killed their UNSC sparring partners because they were so strong. That's why they have to wear the special MARK-I Exoskeleton armor. Imagine what they could do going all out, with decades of experience, and actually being a named character like Master Chief.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WastelandMan

MC.

Might not be a stomp but John has enhanced everything and killed a group of elite soldiers with a single punch before they can react.....at the age of fourteen. Plus John's bones which, due to augmentation, are virtually unbreakable.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

@sheenlantern: I'm joking, I still go with Master Chief based on my meagre knowledge.

Yeah I was joking, from what I can see MC wins pretty easily I'm going to have to buy an XBOX 360 at some point and go back and play them.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

There's no point in even posting in here as @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek does a brilliant job of covering the basics with John. Ozy is hilariously outmatched in this situation and as demonstrated, John as a child was powerful enough to dodge point-blank shots and rip/manhandle exo-armour capable of lifting two tons and moving at speeds of over 30 km/h. Not to mention his reaction time is already ten times that of an average human, and even faster when his adrenaline is pumping.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SheenLantern

I'm having trouble finding appropriate fights for Adrian, pit him against anyone human and people say he curbs, anyone above human and people say he gets curbed.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MC takes it. He's not particularly the best Spartan as far as pure skills go. But his luck carries him throughout his battles.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Do you have a respect thread for MC? I'm always impressed with the stuff you bring up for him in the battle threads. The only respect thread I've seen on this site for him is pretty limited in scans.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias takes this..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Do you have a respect thread for MC? I'm always impressed with the stuff you bring up for him in the battle threads. The only respect thread I've seen on this site for him is pretty limited in scans.

Nah I have scans that I got from my printer of various Halo comic books and the novels that I own. I do borrow some scans from The Halo Respect Thread, but not that often (especially not recently).

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: How do you like the novels? I've heard nothing but good things. I've only played the first two Halos, if I tried reading them, would I be completely lost?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: How do you like the novels? I've heard nothing but good things. I've only played the first two Halos, if I tried reading them, would I be completely lost?

Not really. They do a very good job of explaining things. There are some Easter Eggs and references you won't get, but besides that it's a blast. I recommend reading Fall of Reach first, then Ghosts of Onyx (the latter being my personal favorite).

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterChief

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My fan hood prevents me from EVER voting against THEE Master Chief.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I'm not saying who wins, I'm just saying this is probably much closer than you seem to make it out to be. Yes, Ozy was moving his hands into place to catch the bullet prior to it being fired, but he still caught it and reacted instantaneously. He can most likely do this because he can read a person's movements to some degree (I don't have the Watchmen Graphic Novels, but I'll be ordering them soon, they support this statement). Plus he has superhuman durability (can take a bullet with only a minor flesh wound), superhuman reflexes, strength, and etc. None of which are far below MC, and some of which match his abilities.

Added to this, lets not forget Ozy is the smartest man in his universe (well, right on par with Doctor Manhattan).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I just don't see Ozymandias putting up against a fight with John's enhancements. Also, being the smartest man alive isn't that practical in a combat situation. The only displays of his intelligence were his long, thought-out, and well-funded plan. He didn't seem to really utilize his intellect in a fight.

@tparks said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: That's weird. I said, "thanks!"

Ah okay. In that case you're welcome!

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I just don't see Ozymandias putting up against a fight with John's enhancements. Also, being the smartest man alive isn't that practical in a combat situation. The only displays of his intelligence were his long, thought-out, and well-funded plan. He didn't seem to really utilize his intellect in a fight.

@tparks said:

What do you mean he didn't utilize his intellect in a fight? In both the comics and the movie he analyzed and defeated his opponents almost exclusively with superior intellect. He predicted every action they committed to and defeated it instantly... It was more than reflexes that made him a great fighter, it was his superior intellect.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@tparks said:

What do you mean he didn't utilize his intellect in a fight? In both the comics and the movie he analyzed and defeated his opponents almost exclusively with superior intellect. He predicted every action they committed to and defeated it instantly... It was more than reflexes that made him a great fighter, it was his superior intellect.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I always thought he just knew his opponents after studying them for such a long time (which was what he did with pretty much every costumed vigilante with his master plan). Still, he can't predict what he can't react to.