Ozymandias vs Captain America (No Shield)

• 65 results
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@willpayton said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Even movie Captain America would beat Ozymandias.

There's another thread about just that fight. I think it's pretty debatable. Movie Cap had speed and strength, but really wasnt as skilled in martial arts as Ozy, nor was he as intelligent... not by a mile. I think movie Ozy beats movie Cap.

Eh with his shield it is debatable. Captain America could probably tank whatever Ozy can dish out.

The shield could be a factor, but it could also be taken from Cap and used against him. Ozy is certainly capable of catching the shield if thrown at him. And, if not thrown and they get to h2h range, Ozy has speed on his side. But, anyway, I'll leave that discussion for the movie thread.

As far as the comics version, I agree that Cap probably wins the majority.

Yeah Ozy has definitely shown varied combat styles, and even used a shield-like object before.

That being said, Captain America's advanced physical perfection might give him too much of an edge, and has more feats movie-wise to back it up. He's fought aliens, which is far out of the league of anything movie Watchmen Ozymandias has fought against.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jedixman said:

@willpayton:

Speed on his side? If this were movie vs movie, fine. But comic Cap is capable of keeping up with people far faster than Ozy could ever hope to be.

Yes, I was talking about the movie versions.

You forget to mention that she was behind him when she called his name, so he had to turn around. So, yes, he had to move and turn around when she called him to get into position to even do what he did. It's not like he was facing her and then put up his hand like a catchers mitt to catch the bullet.

Also, Rorschach previously mentioned that they used to joke that he could catch a bullet. In other words, Ozy has a history of being fast, fast enough that they thought he could catch a bullet. Then he actually does, in panel. So we DO have evidence to suggest he could do it again, because he did it. Even if you think it was lucky, the fact is still that he did it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#53 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

@willpayton:

Speed on his side? If this were movie vs movie, fine. But comic Cap is capable of keeping up with people far faster than Ozy could ever hope to be.

Yes, I was talking about the movie versions.

Fine. Even if it were movie Ozy vs comic Cap, Cap still has better speed feats.

Movie vs movie depends, but I don't feel like having that discussion.

You forget to mention that she was behind him when she called his name, so he had to turn around. So, yes, he had to move and turn around when she called him to get into position to even do what he did. It's not like he was facing her and then put up his hand like a catchers mitt to catch the bullet.

Also, Rorschach previously mentioned that they used to joke that he could catch a bullet. In other words, Ozy has a history of being fast, fast enough that they thought he could catch a bullet. Then he actually does, in panel. So we DO have evidence to suggest he could do it again, because he did it. Even if you think it was lucky, the fact is still that he did it.

I realize.

Again: joked. Ozy himself never did it before. He openly admits that he wasn't sure he could do it. I don't see him duplicating that with a higher caliber bullet, as the bullet from that rather small revolver already shredded his hands, as shown by the blood.

I say once more: he's good by real life standards. He can't compete against other comic book characters. Simple as that. And no, not being in enough issues is not a good enough excuse.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not an excuse, it's an explanation for why one character has a lot of feats and the other has few.

As far as whether you think he can do it again or not, the CV rules say that each character is fighting at their best. The feat already proves he's capable of catching a bullet, and hence by the CV rules he can catch a bullet.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55 JediXMan  Moderator

It's not an excuse, it's an explanation for why one character has a lot of feats and the other has few.

As far as whether you think he can do it again or not, the CV rules say that each character is fighting at their best. The feat already proves he's capable of catching a bullet, and hence by the CV rules he can catch a bullet.

It's en excuse. It means making up feats.

No. The CV rules still account for the character's limitations. There's no proof that he's as good as you claim he is.

See, this is why I don't debate Watchmen characters. Good comic with characters who have suffered from fan hyperbole. I'm done.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@willpayton said:

@jedixman said:

It showed him doing Olympic-tier events in the background while Dan attempted to have sex. The bullet catching thing is nice and all, but it's the absolute best thing he's ever done. He's done nothing to say that he can compete with Captain America.

Also, Nite Owl and Rorschach are not great fighters. Beating them is not a good feat.

Yes, you're right, I'm referring to the movie. I go on the assumption that both are basically the same character with same abilities, but the movie feats are easier to understand because you can see the action better than in comic panels.

But you're right, there are differences. In the comic, for instance, he catches the bullet with his bare hand.

In any case, my point is that he's not just an olympic-level athlete. Catching the bullet alone proves that. No olympic-level person could even catch an arrow which are maybe around 1/10 the speed of a bullet.

The bullet feat is the only feat he has that says he's above Olympic level. Aside from that, he hasn't done anything to say that he is.

No Caption Provided

I wouldn't say calling him olympic level is off though. I mean Daredevil him self is a top notch best of the best.... athlete. And his bullet feats are just as impressive or more.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

And here is Cap beating bullets to there target. Bullet timer.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@krauser99:

You also have Cap doing this...

No Caption Provided

Note the gun being fired, THEN Cap dodges and throws is shield and it ricochets and hits Winter Soldier in the back all before he can get off a second shot, also we all know Winter Soldier isn't just some thug. He's a highly trained, highly accomplished assassin, who later became none other than Captain America himself. ;-)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Veshark

Oh, we're posting Cap America bullet-dodging feats now? Ah, what the heck, I'll join in:

Cap dodging multiple pistol rounds at near-PB range without using his shield
Cap dodging multiple pistol rounds at near-PB range without using his shield
Cap dodging a fully-auto M16 at PB range
Cap dodging a fully-auto M16 at PB range
Cap dodging both bullets and lasers
Cap dodging both bullets and lasers
And here's the explanation - proving that Cap's brain does process at a faster speed
And here's the explanation - proving that Cap's brain does process at a faster speed

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982 said:

Cap would win the far majority, for reasons all ready stated, most notably by @krauser99: and @slimj87d:

Thanks for the props man. You also make good points.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By tg1982

@veshark: Good pics, bro. I'd also like to add that in the third pic Cap is also dodging the bullets in mid flip after they've been fired again...

No Caption Provided

And the other pics are gold, when showing Cap's ability to actually dodge bullets rather than just time when a shooter is about to fire.

@tg1982 said:

Cap would win the far majority, for reasons all ready stated, most notably by @krauser99: and @slimj87d:

Thanks for the props man. You also make good points.

No prob. When you make valid points, it should be recognized. And thanks to you too. :-)

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozy has really no way to win here. Cap Ftw.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DangerousLoki

I would just like to put this out. I am not arguing for Ozy but people are using a limited showing. To give a better appreciation of Ozymandias allow me to provide this.

Ozy as a youth was bullied and learned to fight in self defense:

Improving his martial arts skill and effortlessly taking out a group of thugs who attack him from behind:

Disassembling a gun before a thug can finish pulling the trigger:

You'll note he calls the thug here a professional. Take that as you will. But he's easily able to counter and subdue him

Now here is a good one. Ozymandias is able to subdue a room full of thugs. He's able to do it easily and effectively so. But more importantly he's able to use his headband in ricochet and cause a light to fall on the last man standing with his gun to his head as if by design. While it's never stated, he's stated to fire it with pinpoint accuracy and it's a little too neat to be coincidince:

His first fight with Comedian. He dodges machine gun fire easily. Is able to throw a stiletto down the barrel of gun while the trigger is being pulled. And is an even match for Comedian:

He doesn't exactly lose but Comedian is able to catch him off-guard with a pretty simple tactic. But this is still in Ozy's early carrier here. This is some twenty years before the events of Watchmen.

Could Ozy take Cap? I still don't think so. But it wouldn't be a stomp though as some seem to suggest. But I figured it'd be beneficial to give some better definition of feats.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers