Ozymandias vs Captain America (No Shield)

• 65 results
comedian212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comedian212

Cap doesn't have his shield 
neither can use weapons 
Who Wins

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

Cap easily with no prep. 

Ozy easily with prep.
DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DaMainMan

Captain America beats the $#!t outa Ozy.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Zoom

Cap easy no matter what Ozzy does.
zi721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zi721

Yeah, Cap would simply defeat him in hand to hand(he's too tenured in hand to hand combat).
hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even without the shield he is still a better fighter stronger faster more agile and can break ozys face all day ozy fought people under his level constantly in his comic so yeah i love watchmen but he didn't beat anyone with proper skill

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America beats the $#!t outa Ozy.

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap cant beat Ozy in hand to hand. Ozy's just as strong and has a better brain oh aaannd knows more martial arts oh aaannd executes them with ultimate precision. Without his little shield Capt is nothing in the face of a similarly attributed opponent. In case you all didn't know Ozy is Batman but with super attributes and the best brain on Earth.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ozymandias may be smarter, but Cap is simply one of the best HTH fighters in the world. Ozy may have been able to hold his own against low-level street vigilantes, but he doesn't have the combat experience of Captain America - who has fought powerful enemies before (Hulk, Namor, Lady Deathstrike) and won. Even without the Super-Soldier formula in him, he was still able to beat three mooks with the Serum in them. He simply has more combat and tactical experience.

The only feats Ozy can even claim is against Comedian (who was like 60, then) and Rorschach and Nite Owl (the latter being fat and rusty by then) - both hardly impressive. The bullet-catching feat took much effort on Ozy's part, and Cap himself is fast enough to see bullets. And while Ozy is simply a well-conditioned human, Captain America is a peak level Super-Soldier. In a random encounter, I think Ozy could put up a decent fight, but Cap will eventually take this.

Cap takes a majority.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pierpat

@caligula said:

Cap easily with no prep.

Ozy easily with prep.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Cap 10/10.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laflux

@citizenbane said:

Cap 10/10.

assuming its comic versions- forgot to add that :P

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap and probably easily. Ozzy might be smarter science. But in the art of fighting, tactics, strategy. Cap is a military genius with a enhanced processing mind.

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jamesisaacs

Cap and probably easily. Ozzy might be smarter science. But in the art of fighting, tactics, strategy. Cap is a military genius with a enhanced processing mind.

You don't know Ozy do you?

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By krauser99

I know enough to agree so far that Cap is better in combat. Plus Ozzy mind is not enhanced like Steve. You must not know about Cap do you?

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap would win a majority but ozy is no slouch when it comes to stradegy and fighting,,he's the smartest man on his planet, and his knowledge isn't solely based on business acquisitions and financial dealings,,the guy modeled himself after one of the greatest military strategists in history..in a series of ten I think ozy could get 3/10

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Cap would win a majority but ozy is no slouch when it comes to stradegy and fighting,,he's the smartest man on his planet, and his knowledge isn't solely based on business acquisitions and financial dealings,,the guy modeled himself after one of the greatest military strategists in history..in a series of ten I think ozy could get 3/10

Cap is stronger. Faster. Better skilled. Far better track record against highly skilled opponents. Better gear. More experienced, and better experienced. He outclasses Veidt in every way that matters.

Ozy loses every single time.

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know enough to agree so far that Cap is better in combat. Plus Ozzy mind is not enhanced like Steve. You must not know about Cap do you?

Ozy's brain is far superior to Steve's and that is without the super soldier serum. You don't know what you are talking about.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap handily.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krauser99 said:

Ozy's brain is far superior to Steve's and that is without the super soldier serum. You don't know what you are talking about.

Cap can process things faster than non-enhanced Humans. He has even said he sees faster.

And in any case intelligence makes little difference in a random encounter.

Cap handily.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nuffs

@caligula said:

Cap easily with no prep.

Ozy easily with prep.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America ftw

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@jamesisaacs said:

@krauser99 said:

Cap can process things faster than non-enhanced Humans. He has even said he sees faster.

He said that so what, Ozy although non-enhanced clearly has the brain processing power to react as fast as a super soldier, we've seen it. Ozy's like a 1.5 version of Batman who has enough strength to jump as high as the first floor.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Ozy is Olympic-tier at best. Nothing more. Cap is somebody who can keep up with Spider-Man, who is much faster, much more durable, and much stronger. He also has danger senses.

Cap stomps. Ozy does not have the feats to contend.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Ozy is Olympic-tier at best. Nothing more. Cap is somebody who can keep up with Spider-Man, who is much faster, much more durable, and much stronger. He also has danger senses.

I doubt Caps would be able to keep up with a serious Spiderman.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

I doubt Caps would be able to keep up with a serious Spiderman.

"Serious?" Maybe not. But he is at least capable of fighting standard Spider-Man - who, in the fight I am talking about, had the enhancements granted by the Iron Spider-Man costume.

Doesn't really matter, though. Spider-Man is much better than anybody barring Manhattan from the Watchmen universe.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux said:

@jamesisaacs said:

@krauser99 said:

@calebhara said:

Cap handily.

Tidbit. Beast said Steve is capable of learning how to use any weapon in seconds >:D. Probably hyperbole, but Steve has shown he can figure out how to use many things as weapons quickly. He showed he was decent with a sword in Origins agains Wolverine IIRC, and when he was depowered managed to outskill the big thugs and utilize a fire extinguisher on the spot to pound them.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Thanks. Ozy is overhyped from the movie. His stand out feat isn't that great (catching the bullet), Daredevil's feat of deflecting sniper rifle fire with his billy club is alot more impressive as sniper rifles have much higher velocities and move with alot more force so could damage the hand more, and a billy club is a smaller area to tag the bullet.

And as for Cap, defeating multiple mooks enhanced with the SS serum >> Ozy feats.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slimj87d

@jamesisaacs said:

@laflux said:

@jamesisaacs said:

@krauser99 said:

He said that so what, Ozy although non-enhanced clearly has the brain processing power to react as fast as a super soldier, we've seen it. Ozy's like a 1.5 version of Batman who has enough strength to jump as high as the first floor.

Cap can jump up about 2 stories high. Can Ozy run at 60 MPH like Cap can?

I don't think Ozy is anywhere near Cap in strength and speed. Does he have anything that shows he has superhuman stamina and durability as well?

1. Cap has ran at 60 MPH about 3 times because he needed to. In the latest occurrence he ran at 60 MPH for 5 miles straight without tiring while holding a 140 lb Bucky.

2. Cap has been blown up inside of a building killing everyone he was fighting except himself. He was severely hurt, but he still walked away from the explosion.

3. Cap has thrown his shield through trucks, helicopters and other metal objects. His shield weighs about 12 lbs.

4. On numerous occasions he has hopped out of aircrafts 100s of feet landing on the ground better than I could jump off of my bed. One time a crater was caused and his feet went about half an inch into the ground. Another time he smashed a car completely.

I don't recall Ozy performing any feats on par with the following.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By TDK_1997

Captain AMerica wins.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krauser99 said:

Steve has stated he has perfect recall and even has a super fast processing brain. This is what the Ozzy is up against see above. "Enhanced" tissue "rebuilding. Enhanced cells "regenerating". Enhanced hearing vibrating. Steve is the peak of human potential. As that potential is "superior" to most.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap would win the far majority, for reasons all ready stated, most notably by @krauser99: and @slimj87d:

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't need to stay the obvious reasons for why Steve wins.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jedixman said:

Agreed!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Ozy is Olympic-tier at best. Nothing more.

Ozy is much superior to "olympic-tier". He was able to catch a bullet at near point-blank range, and jump like 10 feet into the air from a standstill... straight up. He could also hurl men like Rorschach and Night Owl about 15 feet with little effort.

Olympic-tier? No, not even close.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is stronger, faster, more skilled, and more durable. Ozzy can catch one bullet with bullet-proof gloves and knowing exactly where it was going to be before it was fired. Now...yeah that's a very impressive feat. WAY more than any normal person could do. But Cap's mental and visual processing is so fast he can actually SEE the bullets in flight, and his body is so fast that he can actually get out of their way AFTER they are fired.

Ozzy is so badly outclassed here it isn't even funny.

Now if we're talking movie versions of the characters...Cap still wins but not by such a huge margin...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Ozy is Olympic-tier at best. Nothing more.

Ozy is much superior to "olympic-tier". He was able to catch a bullet at near point-blank range, and jump like 10 feet into the air from a standstill... straight up. He could also hurl men like Rorschach and Night Owl about 15 feet with little effort.

Olympic-tier? No, not even close.

He couldn't do that in the comics. I believe you're referring to the movies.

It showed him doing Olympic-tier events in the background while Dan attempted to have sex. The bullet catching thing is nice and all, but it's the absolute best thing he's ever done. He's done nothing to say that he can compete with Captain America.

Also, Nite Owl and Rorschach are not great fighters. Beating them is not a good feat.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By willpayton

@jedixman said:

It showed him doing Olympic-tier events in the background while Dan attempted to have sex. The bullet catching thing is nice and all, but it's the absolute best thing he's ever done. He's done nothing to say that he can compete with Captain America.

Also, Nite Owl and Rorschach are not great fighters. Beating them is not a good feat.

Yes, you're right, I'm referring to the movie. I go on the assumption that both are basically the same character with same abilities, but the movie feats are easier to understand because you can see the action better than in comic panels.

But you're right, there are differences. In the comic, for instance, he catches the bullet with his bare hand.

In any case, my point is that he's not just an olympic-level athlete. Catching the bullet alone proves that. No olympic-level person could even catch an arrow which are maybe around 1/10 the speed of a bullet.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Even movie Captain America would beat Ozymandias.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Yes, you're right, I'm referring to the movie. I go on the assumption that both are basically the same character with same abilities, but the movie feats are easier to understand because you can see the action better than in comic panels.

But you're right, there are differences. In the comic, for instance, he catches the bullet with his bare hand.

In any case, my point is that he's not just an olympic-level athlete. Catching the bullet alone proves that. No olympic-level person could even catch an arrow which are maybe around 1/10 the speed of a bullet.

The bullet feat is the only feat he has that says he's above Olympic level. Aside from that, he hasn't done anything to say that he is.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

The bullet feat is the only feat he has that says he's above Olympic level. Aside from that, he hasn't done anything to say that he is.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By willpayton

There's another thread about just that fight. I think it's pretty debatable. Movie Cap had speed and strength, but really wasnt as skilled in martial arts as Ozy, nor was he as intelligent... not by a mile. I think movie Ozy beats movie Cap.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

There's another thread about just that fight. I think it's pretty debatable. Movie Cap had speed and strength, but really wasnt as skilled in martial arts as Ozy, nor was he as intelligent... not by a mile. I think movie Ozy beats movie Cap.

Eh with his shield it is debatable. Captain America could probably tank whatever Ozy can dish out.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@willpayton said:

It's true that he doesnt have a lot of feats, but that's because he hasnt been in as many comics as Cap. But, I think the bullet catching proves it. The only way it doesnt is if you think it was a fluke or he got lucky or something. But, you dont just catch a bullet in your hand by accident, just... no.

Yes, I think he was lucky. He never tried it before, and he himself wasn't sure it would work. He outright says he didn't know it would work. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he could do it again. Plus, she called his name, giving him a few seconds to prepare himself. Before she fired the gun, he was preparing to catch it, moving with the bullet. I'm not saying that it's unimpressive; I'm saying that it's unimpressive by comic standards, not by real world standards.

Here is the whole scan:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Eh with his shield it is debatable. Captain America could probably tank whatever Ozy can dish out.

The shield could be a factor, but it could also be taken from Cap and used against him. Ozy is certainly capable of catching the shield if thrown at him. And, if not thrown and they get to h2h range, Ozy has speed on his side. But, anyway, I'll leave that discussion for the movie thread.

As far as the comics version, I agree that Cap probably wins the majority.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@willpayton:

Speed on his side? If this were movie vs movie, fine. But comic Cap is capable of keeping up with people far faster than Ozy could ever hope to be.