Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Shang Tsung has been tasked by Shao Kahn to under take a new mission: infiltrate the leaf village, and kill Orochimaru. Tsung Makes his way to the Konoha Village to engage one of the legendary Sanin, Orochimaru, and fulfill his duty.

Setting: Konoha

No Caption Provided

Orochimaru

No Caption Provided

vs

Shang Tsung (amped like he was in MK3, or rather like Sindel was in MK9)

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• No summons for Orochimaru, but he has use of his arms
  • Shang has access to all feats and abilities from games and comics.
  • Shang has prep and knowledge
  • Orochimaru has some knowledge (image he's heard stories of him before) but no prep
  • Winner by death
  • Start distance is 50ft
SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SSJLozza

Shang Tsung.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nick_hero22

This is Spite

Orochimaru stomps

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By New_World_Order

Orochimaru stomps.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghost_rider1

Orochimaru ftw....this is a mismatch

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onilordasmodeus

This is FAR from a mismatch.

Shang's ability to soul steal and morph gives him a great advantage (in some areas), and at least pulls him even in others. Remember Shang Tsung can use any ability/character in the MK roster to bolster his strength (Goro, Kintaro), or speed (Kabal, Reptile), or range (Raiden, Styrker (his gun)). He can also fly with all that he has.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

Shang's ability to soul steal and morph gives him a great advantage (in some areas), and at least pulls him even in others. Remember Shang Tsung can use any ability/character in the MK roster to bolster his strength (Goro, Kintaro), or speed (Kabal, Reptile), or range (Raiden, Styrker (his gun)). He can also fly with all that he has.

1) Shang Tsung doesn't have to ability to instantly swap between powersets, this is quite obvious in dialogue and fight between him and Smoke in the Living Forest when he decides to combat Smoke by morphing in the Elder Sub-Zero.

2) Shang Tsung has to have access to your soul in order to gain someone's abilities and memories to aid him fights, as far as shaping shifting goes I don't believe it is required for him to have that person's soul in his possession in order to accomplish this; but it would serve no purpose since Orochimaru could utilize genjustu in order to reveal his identity if he gets suspicious; and even with all of thoses abilities he still wouldn't be able to match Orochimaru's proficiency with ninjustu along with his superhuman stats that are much vastly superior to anyone you just named.

This is a mismatch, Shang Tsung couldn't even defeat Kung Lao with the aid of Quan Chi, so how in the heck is he going to defeat Orochimaru?

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Anyone else think Orochimaru wins? And can show why?

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jamesisaacs

@onilordasmodeus said:

Watch Naruto and you'll know why...

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@jamesisaacs:

I've seen every Naruto episode, and out side of summons, orochimaru hasn't shown to be an an overwhelming threat.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Perfect Cell

Shang has a better chance against Scorpion & Reptile than he would Orochimaru.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Perfect Cell:

What would make you say that?

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jamesisaacs

Orochimaru's jutsu (non-summoning) > Shang Tsung's magic, you said you watch every single episode and still won't admit it? WHAT A NUBLET!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jamesisaacs said:

Orochimaru's jutsu (non-summoning) > Shang Tsung's magic, you said you watch every single episode and still won't admit it? WHAT A NUBLET!

What's a nublet? LMFAO! 

@nick_hero22 said:

This is Spite

Learn what "spite" means...
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@jamesisaacs:

Show something...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nick_hero22

@Vance Astro said:

@jamesisaacs said:

What's a nublet? LMFAO!

@nick_hero22 said:

This is Spite

Learn what "spite" means...

I'm very well aware of what Spite means, and the only to justify this match is through hate because there no way in the world that putting Shang Tsung against Orochimaru is remotely fair.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nick_hero22 said:

I'm very well aware of what Spite means, and the only to justify is this match is through hate because there no way in the world that putting Shang Tsung against Orochimaru is remotely fair.

So you read minds?
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nick_hero22

@Vance Astro said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I'm very well aware of what Spite means, and the only to justify is this match is through hate because there no way in the world that putting Shang Tsung against Orochimaru is remotely fair.

So you read minds?

In fact I do! :)

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Orochimaru (read the OP)...

vs

Shang Tsung (read the OP)...

These are 2 of the most versatile characters from their universes; a fight between these 2 would be epic.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By afueikawa

Orochi survived a fight with Naruto 4 (or 6, can't remember) tailed mode, and a Bijuu bomb.

He survived the Death God, He survived Sasuke, but I guess he won't survive the first hokage if he gets pissed for being reincarnated.

xD.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@afueikawa:

True, Orochimaru survived a fight with 4 tailed Naruto, but Orochi only survived the Bijuu bomb by summoning a barrier, and summoning is prohibited in this fight by the OP. Orochimaru also survived the Dead Demon Sealbarely (he lost the use of his arms), by killing the 3rd Hokage, the "Death God's" link to the living, before it was able to take him.

Shang's soul drain works very similar to the DG seal as far as I can tell, except the soul goes to Shang and not to some demon realm.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't know who Shang Tsung is.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Orochi

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oro wins

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know who Shang Tsung is.

You've never played Mortal Kombat

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been a fan of MK lore, can't say much on this. sorry.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love MK I think Oro takes this, he seems way too fast for Shang.

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk..both characters are ridiculous with their respective movesets..id love to see a CaV of this

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hyperbertha

Orochimaru stomps due to being able to tank all physical attacks, being able to phase through solid and release poison. He also has a massive advantage due to his wide array of Jutsus.

Avatar image for alberto_weskardo
Alberto_Weskardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang Tsung would have a hard time fighting Johny Cage.
Question remaining is whether or not Johny Cage can stand against Orochimaru.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orochimarus durability is insane. Iirc didn't he survive being ripped in half? Not to mention, the snakes he has up his sleeve are poisonous I'm sure. What's Tsung going to do against the massive wall of snakes Oro spits out?

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@rogueshadow: @noone301994:

I'm surprised so many seem to not know who Shang is, let alone what he can do...

Shang Tsung is one of the most powerful sorcerers in the Mortal Kombat Universe. Originally from Earth (some sources say), he fell in league with the Outworld God Shao Kahn and became his emissary to Earth in order to eventually take it over through the Mortal Kombat tournament. When Shang first showed up on the scene he quickly showed how far above the competition his skill was by not just defeating all of his opponents in hand to hand combat, but by taking their souls as well...

No Caption Provided

For some number of years after he first became Grand Champion of Mortal Kombat he remained champion until he met, faced, and ultimately lost to the Great Kung Lao. After that defeat, Shang disappear for a few years, but return to the Mortal Kombat tournament old, and in a weakened state with his servant Goro at his side. In that tournament, Goro entered and fought his way to Grand Finals to challenge Kung Lao where he defeated and killed him; Shang absorbed his soul in the moments after.

For the next 500 years Goro was undefeated in battle, and Shang absorbed all the fighters souls that his champion had defeated along the way in order to sustain himself in his weakened condition. It wasn't until Liu Kang showed up in the final Earth tournament that Goro was defeated, and Shang was forced to fight again...Liu Kang defeated him as well to become the new Grand Champion of Mortal Kombat.

No Caption Provided

After his defeat Shang Tsung returned to Outworld where he was to be punished by Shao Kahn, but Shang crafted a plan to challenge Earth in Mortal Kombat again, and Kahn decided to give him another shot. At the beginning of MK2, Kahn fully restored Shang's youth to him in order to further ensure that the plan succeeded.

No Caption Provided

Under estimating Liu Kang again, Liu rose to the challenge and defeated all comers in Mortal Kombat, including the revitalized Shang Tsung and ultimately Shao Kahn himself. After his defeat, Kahn, now more mad and determined than ever, decided to forgo the rule of Mortal Kombat and chose to invade Earth and take it by force. In this decision he granted Shang Tsung more power and ever before in order to use him Earth's conquest.

No Caption Provided

It is unclear what happened to Shang at this point in the OG timeline, but it is known that at the end of MK3 Kahn was again defeated by Liu Kang with the help of Raiden and the other Earth warriors, and Shang Tsung was imprisoned for years afterward for his "failure to win Mortal Kombat".

Shang kept his upgrade in the games that followed MK3, and used it to defeat Liu Kang in MK: Deadly Alliance's intro (with Quan Chi's help), as well as many others before and after that battle including Kung Lao (the Great Kung Lao's last descendent), and then the Thunder God Raiden (again with Quan Chi's help) in MK: Deception intro. Shang finally lost his life shortly after his fight with Raiden against the Dragon King, but was resurrected by Shao Kahn in the days of Armageddon where he again was seen taking on multiple combatants including the resurrected Liu Kang, Shujinko, Shao Kahn himself, and many others. Shang was presumably killed again by Blaze in MK: Armageddon.

In the MK9 timeline, the "upgrade" in power that Shang got in MK3 went to Sindel as Kahn used Shang's power to multiply Sindel's strength, skill, experience. Sindel went on to defeat all the forces of light single handedly except for Liu Kang and Raiden, but was ultimately killed in a suicide attack performed by Nightwolf.

Shang Tsung's abilities:

Shang Tsung is an expert martial artist in his own right having mastered hundreds, if not thousands, of styles either through practice and exercise, or by other more nefarious means. While Shang is a great martial artist though, he truly shines in the realm of his magic abilities.

A master of the black arts, Shang has a multitude of abilities, but in combat his most feared skill is the ability to read souls and mimic the powers/skills of anyone he encounters by shape shifting into their form. With this ability, Shang has access to thousands of powers and skill sets including all those seen in the known Mortal Kombat Universe. Beyond that though, he also has the ability to extract, manipulate, and consume souls as well, and after he consumes a soul he can call upon the complete knowledge of his victim (their fighting skill, memories, etc.) which not only serves to permanently increase his knowledge and mental acuity, but the energy that he gains also serves to strengthen him physically.

While it is unclear exactly how old Shang Tsung is, it is said that he's consumed the souls of thousands of warriors, including the best of the best from earth over the course of 500 years (which included both Liu Kang and the current Kung Lao at one point). It would be to long of a long list to name all the moves and abilities Shang has access to and is able to perform, but the links below are a good start as link 1 is Shang's base abilities, and link 2 are all the characters in the MKU and links to all their abilities (which he can mimic).

1. http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shang_Tsung/Moveset
  2. http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

In this thread, Shang has all the knowledge and skills that he has accrued up to he death in MK: Deception, including the souls of Liu Kang and both Kung Lao's. Shang Tsung is in his best form, his MK3 / MK:DA power level, which is presumed equal to, if not greater than, Sindel's upgraded form in MK9.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@hyperbertha said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

Orochimaru stomps due to being able to tank all physical attacks, being able to phase through solid and release poison. He also has a massive advantage due to his wide array of Jutsus.

Which attacks are you referring to that he tanked, and though Orochi can phase through solid objects, so to can Shang via his ability to become spirit and possess people/creatures, or through outright teleportation. Shang not only can attack physical objects, but also spirits.
And the number of jutsu's Orochi can dish out I believe Shang can match, and in some cases even eclipse, that is except his summoning jutsu's (there is really no equivalent in the MK-verse).
@sophia89 said:

@datswampertazz said:

idk..both characters are ridiculous with their respective movesets..id love to see a CaV of this

i can defend orochimaru if any one wants to defend shang tag me,or pm me.

I would love to do a CaV and take Shang's side, but I can't take his side in this thread since this is my own thread. Here I'm only going to post feats and facts for those who do not know the character, and care to learn a little.

I have to say though, if Orochi has access to his summoning ability then he'd win against Shang without much issue as I don't think Shang has any ability to directly counter that. But any thing short of that I think Shang can deal with / match.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orochimaru should win

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DatSwampertAzz

@sophia89 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@sophia89 said:

@datswampertazz said:

i can defend orochimaru if any one wants to defend shang tag me,or pm me.

I would love to do a CaV and take Shang's side, but I can't take his side in this thread since this is my own thread. Here I'm only going to post feats and facts for those who do not know the character, and care to learn a little.

I have to say though, if Orochi has access to his summoning ability then he'd win against Shang without much issue as I don't think Shang has any ability to directly counter that. But any thing short of that I think Shang can deal with / match.

alright we can take the exact rules posted here for our thread.

i assume by summoning u mean no snake summoning or edo summoning correct?

when u are ready create the thread and tag me,i been trying to use a naruto character for a while.

if you make the CaV tag me please i wanna see this go down

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

#41  Edited By utkanflash

Orochimaru stomps
I dont even count Edo-Tensei :)

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

alright we can take the exact rules posted here for our thread.

i assume by summoning u mean no snake summoning or edo summoning correct?

when u are ready create the thread and tag me,i been trying to use a naruto character for a while.

if you make the CaV tag me please i wanna see this go down

same here :)

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Fight would be epic and would be a long one, Hand to hand would clearly go to Shang Tsung, as well as battle experience While Orochimaru would have the speed and strength, as well as his ridiculous amount of Jutsu's, I think Shang's Sorcery and the shear amount of warrior souls would be a match for Orochimaru's Jutsu, I would say Orochimaru has the edge in durability though Shang is extremely durable in his own right, I think I would give it to Shang Tsung after a long, Bloody and drawn out battle in which the devastation would be ridiculous, but because Shang has Liu Kang and Kung Lao's Souls and all of his amps from Shao Khan puts him over Orochimaru by a hair

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orochimaru can almost solo the MK universe with a few exceptions.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear god.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj said:

No Caption Provided

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are retarded... Shang Tsung would flat-out abuse Orochimaru. Like Joker supposedly did BatGirl.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj said:

Very few characters have a counter for Orochimarus white serpent form. Even if they did end of series orochimaru is a zetsu. Even if they did I don't see why Orochimaru couldn't perform edo tensei on any member of the MK cast.

@sinntek1 said:

People are retarded... Shang Tsung would flat-out abuse Orochimaru. Like Joker supposedly did BatGirl.

Absolute nonsense. Shang tsung gets crushed by one of orochimaru's snakes. Or he blitzes his head off.

Avatar image for passingthrough545
passingthrough545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orochimaru's Kusanagi can take down Shang Tsu though why is Sasuke's sword called Kusanagi too? At least Orochi's sword can extend and is poisonous.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people using MK characters in battles? I love MK but there's seriously no good way to stack them up against established characters. Naruto characters in particular horribly outclass Mortal Kombat characters in everything. Especially speed. If Orochimaru managed to not get blitzed by KN4 Naruto Shang isn't laying a hand on him.

@44orhsaj said:

@colliderz said:

@44orhsaj said:

Very few characters have a counter for Orochimarus white serpent form. Even if they did end of series orochimaru is a zetsu. Even if they did I don't see why Orochimaru couldn't perform edo tensei on any member of the MK cast.

@sinntek1 said:

Absolute nonsense. Shang tsung gets crushed by one of orochimaru's snakes. Or he blitzes his head off.

Eh...I don't remember anything from the White Snake form that was impressive. He got stomped Sasuke even with it and really it's just a matter of overcoming the possession Jutsu once he's destroyed. I also don't think being a Zetsu gave Orochimaru any significant amps. He also doesn't really have any speedblitzing feats.

He still stomps though.