Orion vs. Valor (aka Mon-el)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TifaLockhart

I just read Superman Confidential #9. I also read that Waid story in JLA way back and I read Death of the New gods.

Is Orion a psychopath or what?! He wasn't like that in his Simonson series.

Anyway, morals are default, fight to the death, ko, or submission with incentive to win but PIS and CIS are on and they act in-character. Standard equipment. No BFR. If someone does a BFR they are disqualified for thread purposes. Prior knowledge of opponent is default plus name and likeness of their opponent. No prep.

The battlefield is the Hades Paradox Cup arena. They start as far apart as Sora does from his enemies in KH2.

Who, and more importantly WHY?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Orion's always been Red Lantern-material, if that's what you mean.

How do Mon-El's feats compare next to Superman's? Because I could honestly place Orion as slightly higher than Supes.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TifaLockhart

@CitizenBane: He doesn't have much that is quantifiable.

He passed Brainiac 2's tests and even destroyed the machines in the process. He's about equal to Lady Quark if he's on a high-grav, yellow-sun planet according to Brainiac 2's computer simulation.

He's fought Lobo inconclusively, and even fought Superman a few times. One time he punched Lobo into space but his powerlevels were fluctuating. He's too much one on one for a warrior from Cosmic Boy's race, according to Cosmic Boy himself IIRC (either he or Brainiac 5 said it). Oh, and he fought Chaser Bron.

DC isn't big on lifting feats.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By termiteone4ever

Doesnt Mon el have his green lantern ring?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TifaLockhart

@termiteone4ever: I have no idea. When he was Valor I don't remember him having one.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By termiteone4ever

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@termiteone4ever: I have no idea. When he was Valor I don't remember him having one.

Oh you are talking way back then . You know Technically when valor first came he was suppose be stronger than superman back in the days . They made him way weaker.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YoungGunna

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I just read Superman Confidential #9. I also read that Waid story in JLA way back and I read Death of the New gods.

Is Orion a psychopath or what?! He wasn't like that in his Simonson series.

To be honest I don't even consider the JLA written Orion as credible, they knew nothing about him, the writer even stated in a interview that he didn't know how powerful he really was. JLA Orion certainly had his moments -- Rock of Ages being a great one -- but on the whole, he was a pretty miserable waste. The same was true of his earlier tenure on the team, under Giffen and DeMatteis (moreso in regards to personality than power level). Orion is defiantly more beastly and smarter and versatile in New God centric titles and Only Simonson, after Kirby, ever demonstrated a knack for the characters( New Gods). 

@CitizenBane said:

Orion's always been Red Lantern-material, if that's what you mean.

How do Mon-El's feats compare next to Superman's? Because I could honestly place Orion as slightly higher than Supes.

Same here, but I would actually take a step beyond that by saying he defiantly IS more powerful than Superman. 

As for the battle, Orion takes this, there's just to much working for him not to win this....
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Lar has been defeated by Superman. Does that change things?