User Lists: 0

I don't think Ulysses has the feats yet

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well I'm not sure whether DC want to use Ulysses in future story arc. The thing about new Superman villain created is just for one story arc only and after that they have been forgotten.

Meanwhile we know Orion will stay long in DC Universe because he is main part of New Gods franchise

If this is a fight then I think Ulysses will suck energy from Orion but like I said I think Ulysses will be kill in this one story arc and will never use again

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Ulysses ressembles the Sentry quite a bit.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ulysses ressembles the Sentry quite a bit.

every blonde character drawn by john romita jr does

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Orion because there aren't enough feats for Ulysses yet

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Ulysses has the feats yet

He's got a few, Orion doesn't have much more to be honest. He's fought First Born, Superman, Hyena-men and Green Lantern. He lost to First Born ... badly. He stomped Green Lantern and the Hyena-men. Lastly he stalemated Superman. At the very least, Ulysses has fought an enemy with Superman and he has shown very capable of hurting Superman and taking hits from Superman over a very drawn out confrontation.

I'd say he's got the feats.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't Ulysses been stomping Superman recently?

Gilad_the_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Hasn't Ulysses been stomping Superman recently?

I wouldn't call it a stomp. Superman wasn't fighting back that much. He was more interesting in questioning Neil.

Which Lantern? And can I see scans?

Hm. Alright.

The Green Lantern was Hal. I don't take the showing very seriously given the lanterns have generally been jobbing a lot recently.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@highaccuser: I wouldn't say jobbing as they have pretty much been that power level throughout the New 52.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I wouldn't say jobbing as they have pretty much been that power level throughout the New 52.

Except Pre-New 52(which has the same history)has showings of them being much more powerful. Even parts of the New 52 depicted Hal and Sinestro as quite powerful

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek:

If this is a fight then I think Ulysses will suck energy from Orion but like I said I think Ulysses will be kill in this one story arc and will never use again

If Orion's powers work ANYTHING like they did Pre-Flashpoint, any attempt to leech Orion's Astro-Force will be soundly rebuked by the Source itself. An easy death sentence if he goes this route. Just sayin.

@ancient_0f_days:

Tell me more about this Ulysses, Ancient One...

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion due to feats.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Tell me more about this Ulysses, Ancient One...

He's a Superman of the Fourth World who's Earth name is Neil Quinn, born on Earth, his parents who were scientists thought the world was in danger due to a matter leakage from another dimension and sent him to the Fourth World. 25 years later he came back to hunt down an arch enemy only to discover that Earth was fine, Superman ran into the arch enemy first and Ulysses helped Superman. After that, they had time to talk, bring Neil up to speed and even reunite him with his parents. Some time later, Neil thought it was best if some of earths people lived in the Fourth World so he got some carrier ships and let people know. Superman didn't like it so when he told him he disagreed, Ulysses attacked him and beat him up pretty bad. That's as far as it goes that I know.

He basically is Superman with a few extra powers.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome fight.

Going with Orion due to feats.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They're both a bit undercooked tbh, I'd like some more feats for both of 'em before I call it one way or the other.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Orion due to feats.

Gilad_the_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gilad_the_One

The Green Lantern was Hal. I don't take the showing very seriously given the lanterns have generally been jobbing a lot recently.

Recently as in since Johns left? I haven't read since he left. He gave Hal some badass feats in the end. He had Hal make Nekron his b!tch and had him beat Parallax Sinestro IIRC.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Orion. More experienced and more powerful.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Recently as in since Johns left? I haven't read since he left. He gave Hal some badass feats in the end. He had Hal make Nekron his b!tch and had him beat Parallax Sinestro IIRC.

Yeah, Johns gave Hal some good showings(as well as bad ones like his fight with Wonder Woman)but by and large the lanterns showings are unimpressive, like the New Gods stomping them at every turn, or John Stewart running away from a very small army when he had help no less, or that the whole premise of the Uprising storyline was that an assemblage of alien armies was a threat to the GLC(or so I assume. I stopped reading Green Lantern books before that point), or Vendetti somehow thinking one of his issues ending with at most a few dozen fodder surrounding Hal and Kilowag was somehow a cliffhanger when that shouldn't be a threat to them(that was when I stopped reading Green Lantern books), or how the Durlans were ripping through their constructs.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Whoa. Sounds beefy. Did the Gods of New Genesis endow him with powers similar to... say what the Asgardians did with Eric Masterson (a.k.a. Thunderstrike)?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Whoa. Sounds beefy. Did the Gods of New Genesis endow him with powers similar to... say what the Asgardians did with Eric Masterson (a.k.a. Thunderstrike)?

Not that I know of, as far as I know, his being in the forth world (a dimension of cosmic beings and gods) alone allowed him to develop a physique like theirs simply to survive.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Not that I know of, as far as I know, his being in the forth world (a dimension of cosmic beings and gods) alone allowed him to develop a physique like theirs simply to survive.

DAMN!!!! Sounds like we should take a field trip ASAP!!:P

Now where did I put my Mother Box...?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

DAMN!!!! Sounds like we should take a field trip ASAP!!:P

Now where did I put my Mother Box...?

Well, I wouldn't trust it since Ulysses doesn't want his parents going, The 6mil people seem more like sacrifices from how Neil was talking while fighting Superman.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman:

Well, I wouldn't trust it since Ulysses doesn't want his parents going, The 6mil people seem more like sacrifices from how Neil was talking while fighting Superman.

Yeah, you could be right. The Fourth World is quite the crucible. It's inhabitants are gargantuan in their natural state (like Watcher/Galactus-sized). That's gotta be hell for someone "normal" to survive. You imagine the size of the mosquitos there?

Perhaps Ulysses has a Metagene that activated while he was there and was thus powerful enough to allow him to survive his new environment...?

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman:

Yeah, you could be right. The Fourth World is quite the crucible. It's inhabitants are gargantuan in their natural state (like Watcher/Galactus-sized). That's gotta be hell for someone "normal" to survive. You imagine the size of the mosquitos there?

Perhaps Ulysses has a Metagene that activated while he was there and was thus powerful enough to allow him to survive his new environment...?

imagine how much bug spray you would need for those things, you'd need to pack a lifetime supply

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman:

imagine how much bug spray you would need for those things, you'd need to pack a lifetime supply

LMAO! I'm still thinking this Ulysses has a Metagene that allowed him to survive the experience. Either way, I'll side with Orion in a tough fight. This new guy seems pretty beefy, and I heard that New 52 Orion has been slightly nerfed.

Pre-Flashpoint Orion probably would've mopped the floor with this guy though, IMO.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Orion.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deathsdoor726

Wonder woman said Orion fights like a savage he withstood a speed blitz from Kal and put in some pretty good shots against the first born

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman:

LMAO! I'm still thinking this Ulysses has a Metagene that allowed him to survive the experience. Either way, I'll side with Orion in a tough fight. This new guy seems pretty beefy, and I heard that New 52 Orion has been slightly nerfed.

Pre-Flashpoint Orion probably would've mopped the floor with this guy though, IMO.

I would side with Orion as well, while Neil beat Superman, Supes wasn't fighting back. Orion stalemated Clark in a fight where Supes was fighting back in.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oreo wins

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers