#1  Edited By tholkerine84

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Could really use some stats for this battle.

Overall I'd say Orion should win a majority as long as he gets his chair and access to the Astro Force.

Avatar image for fallenangel5991
fallenangel5991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fallenangel5991

Orion should win. I'm pretty sure Orion is a better fighter.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

It would be a draw. According to these scans at least:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Inevitable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Inevitable
I go with Superman.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demifiend

superman takes this

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

Orion. In those scans, Orion was only fighting with brute force and didn't use the astro-force to its full extent. He stated once that he holds back his astro-force against Superman and he once actually one-shotted Superman with the astro-force. Physically, he and Superman are about equal, but the astro-force makes Orion superior in overall power.

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Achilles.

Orion. He could use his Astro force to distract Supes and go in for the "kill" while Supes is dazed.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fire Star

Orion.
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lvenger
@MrDirector786:  Superman also has some effective long ranged abilities as well e.g heat vision freeze breath plus he's faster than Orion. But there has been instances, although I don't know whether Superman Confidential is in continuity but in that series, Superman fought Orion severla times in the issue. Both kept coming back for more again and again. Also how powerful is the astro force that it can one shot a guy who survived Darkseid's omega beams which disintegrate practically everything?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrDirector786
@Lvenger said:
" @MrDirector786:  Superman also has some effective long ranged abilities as well e.g heat vision freeze breath plus he's faster than Orion. But there has been instances, although I don't know whether Superman Confidential is in continuity but in that series, Superman fought Orion severla times in the issue. Both kept coming back for more again and again. Also how powerful is the astro force that it can one shot a guy who survived Darkseid's omega beams which disintegrate practically everything? "
Superman has survived Darkseid's omega beams, not the actual omega effect. Darkseid has shown many times that if he really wanted to, he could erase Superman with ease. The omega effect can teleport, transmute, or erase. He's teleported Superman away from Apokolips many times showing that the effect would work on him which means he could just erase him if he wanted to. One time when fighting a bloodlusted Superman whose mind was altered into thinking he was the son of Darkseid, Orion stated his astro-force could shatter worlds but only used it to stun Superman in the fight. Later on, he almost destroyed the Earth on accident with the astro-force while he was fighting on the moon. Orion and Superman have fought many times and they've always shown to be about equal when it comes to physical strength, but Orion never really uses the astro-force very much. In Confidential, Orion actually one-shotted him with a more powerful blast of the astro-force.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By kheranlord12

A well written Orion should win this.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demifiend
@warlord1234:   A well written Orion should win this. 

A normal written Superman takes this. 
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrDirector786
@demifiend said:
" @warlord1234:   A well written Orion should win this.  A normal written Superman takes this.  "
The best Superman can hope for is maybe a stalemate. He and Orion have always shown to be about physically equal. Orion has never used the Astro-force very much against him. And as I've said, Orion once one-shotted Superman with it.
HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HumanNumber

Orion with astro force beats Superman, without it i'd say a stalemate or possibly Superman.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kheranlord12
@MrDirector786 said:
" @demifiend said:
" @warlord1234:   A well written Orion should win this.  A normal written Superman takes this.  "
The best Superman can hope for is maybe a stalemate. He and Orion have always shown to be about physically equal. Orion has never used the Astro-force very much against him. And as I've said, Orion once one-shotted Superman with it. "
Yeah i know i have the comic. It was when Orion fought Superman when he was controlled by Darkseid. Orion said  ''i must now wield the astro force with surgical precision! Its power can shatter worlds. I need it now merely stun our adversary''.

No Caption Provided
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lvenger
@MrDirector786:  Wow that sounds like it is powerful but I think Supes is fast enough to avoid it. Also it's a tactical error in misjudgement on Orion's part not to use the Astro force much. I mean if it can one shot Superman and destroy planets then he should use it in conjunction with his physical strength as well in fights.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BattleMage

Orion

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrDirector786
@Lvenger said:

" @MrDirector786:  Wow that sounds like it is powerful but I think Supes is fast enough to avoid it. Also it's a tactical error in misjudgement on Orion's part not to use the Astro force much. I mean if it can one shot Superman and destroy planets then he should use it in conjunction with his physical strength as well in fights. "

Thing is, Orion doesn't want to kill Superman with it because they are allies. Also, Orion often times doesn't find he needs to use it much and he's been learning more and more to restrain himself in combat. He is more ruthless than Superman because his native home planet is Apokolips so his very nature is evil. Orion used to be very ruthless and didn't give a crap about killing his enemies but he's learned more from humans and other heroes to be less aggressive. I'd say that's why he doesn't use his astro-force much in fights. Also, Orion has hit Superman with the astro-force before on more than one occasion. 
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By termiteone4ever

I am still going with Supes on this. When serious Superman is Smart enough to throw down with orion and beat him. The astro force is powerful . I would like to see him hit Superman Blitzing him with all His powers..

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lvenger
@MrDirector786:  Yes he wouldn't kill him but why wouldn't he use the astro force to knock Superman out? As for the rest of your explanation, that makes perfect sense. There was a time when Orion and Big Barda joined the JLA so that could have influenced his less aggressive policy of fighting. I wish DC would hurry up and bring back the New Gods now.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDirector786
@termiteone4ever said:
" I am still going with Supes on this. When serious Superman is Smart enough to throw down with orion and beat him. The astro force is powerful . I would like to see him hit Superman Blitzing him with all His powers.. "
Orion has taken on a blood-lusted Superman before. Superman was hypnotized by Darkseid into thinking that he was the champion of Apokolips and Orion held back from using his astro-force at its max and was still pretty even with him.
Avatar image for rankomarinkovic
rankomarinkovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rankomarinkovic
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This battle orion vs superman can last forever as well as superman vs darkseid all three...... have tremendous amount of durability and strength base equally ,the superman and darkseid can battle all day as well with orion anyone could win sterling. Even if one of them losses that does not mean he will losses second time in fight, man of steel has little advantage to orion he beat him several times in comic that also make orion superman s arch enemy like darkseid is not for no reason superman arch enemy,because man of steel can match both of them with no problem see this photos.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion at his full potential can beat Superman.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

Supes.

rankomarinkovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: MAYBE OVERPOWER HIM FOR 1 MIN supes is hard to BEAT with raw strengtht ahha i see you like ORION you dont read COMIC supes beat him several times.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rankomarinkovic: Superman is stronger than Orion physically, but with his full powers he beat Darkseid. Darkseid's whooped Superman 97% of the time. Saying this as a huge Superman fanboy.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oceanmaster21

orion wins

rankomarinkovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rankomarinkovic
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@retconcrisis: When it comes to darkseid whooped 97% of time man of steel i would not agree if you read comic about superman and darkseid,man of steel beat him several times .In comic it comes 5 to 5... darkseid beat superman five times and superman beat darkseid 5 times here are 3 battle of superman win against darkseid.Man of steel beat him to blindness the second fight he break his arm they fight close to sun, as far as orion superman can withstand his full power superman is incredible durable buy this comic new 52 and see this photos closely superman darkseid comic battle 50%50 same with orion you love orion match are you fanboy of someone.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By patrat18

We have nothing to go on.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it can go either way.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Sovereign91001

Orion; he's one knocked out Superman twice with the Astro Force. Once in Superman Confedential and once in Death Of The New Gods. And while they are physical equals Orion has his Mother Box which grants him a whole host of powers.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion; he's one knocked out Superman twice with the Astro Force. Once in Superman Confedential and once in Death Of The New Gods. And while they are physical equals Orion has his Mother Box which grants him a whole host of powers.

To be fair Supes hadn't fully recovered from his battle with Kalibak and Mantis

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rankomarinkovic: Dude three of those scan's prove nothing.

One is a cover from the new52 which has zero relevance as this was a battle with post crisis Superman and Orion and that battle ended in a stalemate.

One is from Hunter/Prey, Superman didn't lay a finger on Darkseid, Doomsday did, it's even said in the scan you posted.

And the third is from Superman Confidential when Orion had already knocked out Superman and Superman sucker punched Orion. He then proceeded to no-sell Superman's heat vision.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Superman's tanked his Astro Blasts plenty of times in that fight. At what point was Superman knocked out anyway? They were slugging it out quite equally for the most part of their fight. And the Superman Confidential Fight involved a much younger, less experienced and less powerful Superman. On other occasions, Superman has fought Orion much more fairly.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: seemed like he was sandbagging a bit to me. Kalibak landed two shots on him, Mantis hit him once and that made his nosebleed. Superman didn't look like he was in any real pain or had even taken a beating. He was laying back smiling. Besides He and Orion have both handily dealt with Kalibak more than a few times...seems legit.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: After Orion leveled part of Supertown.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: After Orion leveled part of Supertown.

Any scans to show this or somewhere I can find this? I'm not saying Orion can't win but that particular fight went on quite evenly from what I can remember.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: seemed like he was sandbagging a bit to me. Kalibak landed two shots on him, Mantis hit him once and that made his nosebleed. Superman didn't look like he was in any real pain or had even taken a beating. He was laying back smiling. Besides He and Orion have both handily dealt with Kalibak more than a few times...seems legit.

He later said to Himon IIRC that he was only coming back to his senses when Orion showed up.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: So he did, I missed that when I read it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lvenger

@sovereign91001: Your scans prove @dondave's point. He was just getting his senses back when Orion showed up and sucker blasted him. That's not a proof of a decisive win, that's Orion using a surprise attack to destroy his foes, even if he hits Superman too. Also in their physical fight, it was broken up by Metron after Himon and Mr Miracle remarked on how Orion and Superman were too evenly matched to gain an upper hand. I don't think that's true but it shows how close the fight between these two would be

No Caption Provided

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: I posted that after you made that comment so apologies about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Orion.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mantis is such a bitch..........

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't think it's a stomp or anything but I do believe Orion has the advantage over Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: It's definitely close, that much I agree on you with. It can go either way but Orion has some definite advantages over Superman.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@sovereign91001: It's definitely close, that much I agree on you with. It can go either way but Orion has some definite advantages over Superman.

Fair.