#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

In-character, no prep, no outside help. Standard gear. Pre-Flashpoint. Battle takes place in an abandoned Gotham. KO to win.

It's magic versus technology! Who and why? Brutal fight?

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan because ETRIGAN RULEZZ.

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

BUT BUZZ BUNNY IS EXTREEEEEEEEEEME!!!!

#4 Posted by Saren (25596 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion because lazors

#5 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

Asdf the movie.

#6 Posted by dondave (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#7 Edited by King Saturn (224001 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion probably beats Etrigan in a tough fight...

#8 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion. Good fight though.

#9 Posted by TheWhiteLantern (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#10 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

"Etrigan stands defiant before the scion of New Genesis here...

...and learns anew the definition of fear".

Rollin' with Orion.

#11 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan. Former ruler of hell, magic, energy bolts, super strength, went toe to toe against Lobo, Superman.

#12 Edited by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan.

#13 Posted by ComicStooge (12481 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion. Way too versatile and is likely physically superior.

#14 Posted by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Really... versatile? Over Etrigan? Of all the things you could cite as a possible advantage (of which I doubt there are many), you dare to bring up versatility when the Demon can literally do just about anything he wants? Teleportation, telepathy, hellfire, borderline infinite spellcasting? ORION is the one who has greater versatility?

#15 Posted by ComicStooge (12481 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan. Former ruler of hell, magic, energy bolts, super strength, went toe to toe against Lobo, Superman.

Orion's one-shoted Superman before with an energy beam.

#16 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1820 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by ComicStooge (12481 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@comicstooge: Etrigan one-shotted Superman with a punch.

Didn't he just knock him into orbit?

Anyway, Etrigan is a magically based, something Clark has trouble with. Orion doesn't have a vulnerability to magic.

#19 Posted by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: He sent him all the way to the moon. In any case, even if it didn't knock him out (may or may not have) it got him out of Etrigan's way as he then proceeded to go about his own way.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Lobo doesn't have an issue with magic either but it didn't stop Etrigan from handing him his ass on a shiny silver platter.

#21 Posted by Saren (25596 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@comicstooge: Really... versatile? Over Etrigan? Of all the things you could cite as a possible advantage (of which I doubt there are many), you dare to bring up versatility when the Demon can literally do just about anything he wants? Teleportation, telepathy, hellfire, borderline infinite spellcasting? ORION is the one who has greater versatility?

Mother Box has about twenty different powers that Etrigan's never even heard of. So yes, Orion is more versatile.

#22 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009 said:

Orion's one-shoted Superman before with an energy beam.

He only did that once, and it was a young Superman. Supes also pretty much got him back as soon as he woke up. Just about every other encounter they've ever had has treated them as being roughly equally formidable.

Didn't he just knock him into orbit?

I believe he punched him to the moon. I don't think Superman was actually hurt much though. Unless there is another instance where the two of them fought (entirely possible, I haven't looked into Etrigan much).

In general, Etrigan seems to be presented as being in the same league as Lobo and Superman physically, and he has some versatility from his magical powers. I'm leaning more towards Orion, but they should be in the same tier, so it should be a tough battle for either of them.

#23 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@comicstooge: Lobo doesn't have an issue with magic either but it didn't stop Etrigan from handing him his ass on a shiny silver platter.

Scans woud be awesome, I tried looking but can't find em.

If this is true, I'm going to have to change my vote to Etrigan.

#24 Posted by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: I have the scans but I'm on my phone right now. Basically what happens is they fight a little, and Etrigan has the upper hand, then Etrigan hits Lobo with a stream of this weird green goop and it knocks Lobo back against the wall. He manages to struggle against it but then Etrigan lets go and Lobo collapses. Etrigan then melts the ground beneath him, making Lobo sink in to his neck and freezing him there. A little while after Lobo's bike saves him and he gets out, they fight again, and finally Lobo gets a decent hit and Etrigan's like "ow, hey you actually made me bleed, cool, even though I'm gonna regen in a second". Lobo then remarks that, in spite of his weakness sense, he has no clue how to bring Etrigan down. After that they team up.

#25 Posted by Joygirl (19326 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: I have the scans but I'm on my phone right now. Basically what happens is they fight a little, and Etrigan has the upper hand, then Etrigan hits Lobo with a stream of this weird green goop and it knocks Lobo back against the wall. He manages to struggle against it but then Etrigan lets go and Lobo collapses. Etrigan then melts the ground beneath him, making Lobo sink in to his neck and freezing him there. A little while after Lobo's bike saves him and he gets out, they fight again, and finally Lobo gets a decent hit and Etrigan's like "ow, hey you actually made me bleed, cool, even though I'm gonna regen in a second". Lobo then remarks that, in spite of his weakness sense, he has no clue how to bring Etrigan down. After that they team up.

#26 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Okay, fair enough, thank you for the breakdown.