Original X-Men

Iceman, Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops
Iceman, Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops

vs  

Avengers Academy

Striker, Finesse, Veil, Mettle & Reptil
Striker, Finesse, Veil, Mettle & Reptil

Scenario:

Late one night, the Avengers Academy students (Hazmat is not included) stumbled across a door in the Infinite Mansion leading to an alternate reality. Curious, they step through and find themselves at the Xavier Institute in the Danger Room. The original X-Men hear an alarm and go to the Danger Room to check it out. They find this mysterious group on the scene and instantly assume they're the newest members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Cooler heads don't prevail and the two teams square off.

Rules:

Morals are on for both teams. (Which means Cyclops isn't going to take off his visor)

The AA students are at current levels.

The X-Men are at their classic (original) power levels.

Jean only has the use of her TK and no telepathy.

The X-Men can't use any equipment located in the mansion.

Who takes it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Sorry for the bizarre layout, not sure what's going on.
Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zaiyan

Cyclops takes his visor off

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zaiyan said:
"Cyclops takes his visor off "

Morals are on.
Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Backflip

X-Men. They've still got the only telepath and their teamwork is far superior.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skaddix

Well assuming the 05 are at starting level. Avengers Academy would win.

bballaag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bballaag

X-Men would win, Cyclops and Jean Gray are to much.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

The X-Men were highly trained combat operatives at this point. It's easy to forget when you compare those old comics to the newer ones, but they were essentially at a military prep school and studied tactics, strategy and teamwork in addition to their mutant powers.

I'll go with them for this one, mainly because Cyclops optic blasts were still strong enough to punch through a mountain - he could KO many of the AA at the outset. The visor just forces Cyclops to focus on a specific target and enables him to modulate control the damage of his blast; he could still open the visor all the way to access his full destructive potential at that time. There were actually a series of mini profiles that ran in the original series (after they 'graduated' and got costumes) and one of them showed how Cyclops visor worked.

I think Mettle would give the X-Men the most trouble - Marvel Girl would take out Finesse, Iceman takes out Veil (with some direction from Beast or Cyclops), Beast occupies Mettle while Angel provides support or performs a BFR on Finesse or Veil, freeing Jean and Bobby to help with one of the others. Cyclops would take out Striker and or Reptil and then the X-Men would team up against Mettle. This is the same team that defeated Magneto on their first mission - they are not exactly underpowered. They just hadn't reached their full potential and power levels, yet. And if worse comes to worse, Cyclops orders Beast to use the danger room controls to knock out the A.A. with a variety of incapacitating effects.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone even bother to read the rules of threads anymore?

Cyclops can't remove his visor. Jean Grey doesn't have telepathy. The X-Men are at CLASSIC power levels.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Mettle solos.

Avatar image for captain_justice95
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the original x-men were so good. they took out heavy hitters like juggernaught and magneto.
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By madrid_san

original X-Men still stomp.
Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Argantyr
@Captain_Justice95:
Didn't they only take out Juggernaut with Xaviers help?
Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one's mentioned Reptil
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Original Xmen win this. Cyclops is still a powerful teen, Beast is agile, strong and a genius, Jean can BFR with her Telekenisis, Iceman can cover them in snow/ice, and Angel is a super agile flier with good strength and durability.
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By madrid_san
@Edgeworth_11 said:
"Original Xmen win this. Cyclops is still a powerful teen, Beast is agile, strong and a genius, Jean can BFR with her Telekenisis, Iceman can cover them in snow/ice, and Angel is a super agile flier with good strength and durability. "

THIS
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buttersdaman000

Hmmmm good battle.
How strong were the X-men in their classics? I just read up on the avengers academy students and they look pretty strong.
Depending on the strength levels of the xmen, I wouldnt be surprised if 2 or 3 members of the avengers academy take the x-men.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hoboseid

Hazmat has all kinds of Anthrax / Chernobyl / Fukushima powers...aparently she's toxic and if you damage her suit it would kill you
Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Argantyr

Iceman vs Striker
Reason?: I consider electricity a more offensive tool, and Striker appears to be fairly affluent in it's use. At classic levels, how powerful was Iceman? And would anyone consider Ice electrically conductive? Well atleast I believe electricity can generate heat, so this appears to be the best match.

Beast vs Finesse
Reason?: Finesse is pretty much taskmaster, though perhaps better. The problem is that Beast may be stronger and more agile, though she managed to square off with Taskmaster pretty well when he had the advantage of a Vibranium shield. I see this either leaning to Finesse's favor but I can't see either of them overcoming the other without a tough fight.

Cyclops vs Mettle
Reason?: Mettle is bulletproof, and though his skin is supposedly living Iridium, I have not seen him suffer any harm, though he may not quite be Colossus-class in fighting ability, or strength, Mettle should take normal blasts from Cyclops, especially considering he's nog gonna go 'no-visor' on everyone

Jean Grey vs Hazmat
Reason?: Telekinesis can't shield against radiation, and if Hazmat were distressed I could see her frying Jean good. But considering she's embracing a more optimistic tune, I only see Hazmat incapacitating Jean.

In addition, theres Reptil, depending on what form he chooses to take, he could really assist his team [as he was unanimously dubbed team leader] and he had the training to back it up. If the fight went down and these guys fought each other accordingly, I'd see Reptil assisting Finesse to take out Beast. So there you have it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hazmat isn't in the fight. 

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By madrid_san
@Argantyr said:

"Iceman vs Striker
Reason?: I consider electricity a more offensive tool, and Striker appears to be fairly affluent in it's use. At classic levels, how powerful was Iceman? And would anyone consider Ice electrically conductive? Well atleast I believe electricity can generate heat, so this appears to be the best match.

Beast vs Finesse
Reason?: Finesse is pretty much taskmaster, though perhaps better. The problem is that Beast may be stronger and more agile, though she managed to square off with Taskmaster pretty well when he had the advantage of a Vibranium shield. I see this either leaning to Finesse's favor but I can't see either of them overcoming the other without a tough fight.

Cyclops vs Mettle
Reason?: Mettle is bulletproof, and though his skin is supposedly living Iridium, I have not seen him suffer any harm, though he may not quite be Colossus-class in fighting ability, or strength, Mettle should take normal blasts from Cyclops, especially considering he's nog gonna go 'no-visor' on everyone

Jean Grey vs Hazmat
Reason?: Telekinesis can't shield against radiation, and if Hazmat were distressed I could see her frying Jean good. But considering she's embracing a more optimistic tune, I only see Hazmat incapacitating Jean.

In addition, theres Reptil, depending on what form he chooses to take, he could really assist his team [as he was unanimously dubbed team leader] and he had the training to back it up. If the fight went down and these guys fought each other accordingly, I'd see Reptil assisting Finesse to take out Beast. So there you have it. "

Forgetting Angel is with the X-Men and you are underestimating the Originals WAY too much. Cyclops doesn't need to remove his visor to be powerful. Far from it

if he can do this to WWH, imagine what he can do to Mettle.

X-Men aren't stupid either. If you say her powers wouldn't work on Hazmat why on earth would the X-Men pit her against Hazmat? X-Men are better trained, more balanced and powerful. They were young, but don't underestimate.

PS

iceman owns striker now and then.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@Argantyr said:
"Iceman vs Striker

Beast vs Finesse

Cyclops vs Mettle

Jean Grey vs Hazmat
Reason?:Telekinesis can't shield against radiation, and if Hazmat were distressed I could see her frying Jean good. But considering she's embracing a more optimistic tune, I only see Hazmat incapacitating Jean.

In addition, theres Reptil, depending on what form he chooses to take, he could really assist his team [as he was unanimously dubbed team leader] and he had the training to back it up. If the fight went down and these guys fought each other accordingly, I'd see Reptil assisting Finesse to take out Beast. So there you have it. "

What is this based on? 
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Backflip said:
" X-Men. They've still got the only telepath and their teamwork is far superior. "
Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Argantyr
@madrid_san said:

" @Argantyr said:

"Iceman vs Striker

Beast vs Finesse

Cyclops vs Mettle

Jean Grey vs Hazmat

Forgetting Angel is with the X-Men and you are underestimating the Originals WAY too much. Cyclops doesn't need to remove his visor to be powerful. Far from it

X-Men aren't stupid either. If you say her powers wouldn't work on Hazmat why on earth would the X-Men pit her against Hazmat? X-Men are better trained, more balanced and powerful. They were young, but don't underestimate.

PS

"

That scan isn't classic showings, now is it? Now I admit I assumed that Hazmat was in the Avengers Academy line up, but it would seem the OP believes Hazmat would allow the Aademy kids to crush this X-men line up. Oh and OP also says no angel. Either way, sure the X-men have the training, but what point are better combat kills vs. who is bulletproof, in his peak capable of grappling with Korvac, who was vastly more powerful than Scott and only achieved so much as melting Mettles skin a bit.

Also what about that scan? I see Hulk being repelled, not even wounded, Vector of the U-Foes have a better feat against Hulk with the whole flaying his skin off, and despite Hulk's intellect as WWH, his durability is the same so dare to compare. Also can you prove that Iceman and Ice are impervious to electricity? From what I can tell, Striker has a good deal of potential with the use of his powers, but to say classic Iceman owns Striker is proposterious, unles I'm mistaken classic iceman didn't show his 'omega-level abilities' and even then I've hardly seen anything impressive from him. personally anyhow, but I don't read many X-men comics, but I have read some.

And tell me, if Hazmat were in this line up, tell me, is Telekinesis sufficient to block radiation? No, it's not, and no ammount of training would spare you that unless you were trained to wear heavy lead-lined clothing to protect yourself.

@LordOfAllHumans:
Well tell me, how is it going to stop harmful radiation, if she creates a field to protect herself that still allows oxygen, then it can still get through. Can you think of any telekinetic that can shield themselves from radiation? I can't, though most writers don't really understand radiation beyond shooting super lazars.

@EpitomeofCool:
And Jean Grey does not have telepathy in this fight, please read the OP.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Skaddix

no original iceman goes down to electricity, storm reverted him to normal before.

Black_Kn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Black_Kn1ght

I like Avengers Academy, but the Original X-Men would win.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@Argantyr said:

"@madrid_san said:

" @Argantyr said:

"Iceman vs Striker

Beast vs Finesse

Cyclops vs Mettle

Jean Grey vs Hazmat

PS

"

That scan isn't classic showings, now is it? Now I admit I assumed that Hazmat was in the Avengers Academy line up, but it would seem the OP believes Hazmat would allow the Aademy kids to crush this X-men line up. Oh and OP also says no angel. Either way, sure the X-men have the training, but what point are better combat kills vs. who is bulletproof, in his peak capable of grappling with Korvac, who was vastly more powerful than Scott and only achieved so much as melting Mettles skin a bit.

Also what about that scan? I see Hulk being repelled, not even wounded, Vector of the U-Foes have a better feat against Hulk with the whole flaying his skin off, and despite Hulk's intellect as WWH, his durability is the same so dare to compare. Also can you prove that Iceman and Ice are impervious to electricity? From what I can tell, Striker has a good deal of potential with the use of his powers, but to say classic Iceman owns Striker is proposterious, unles I'm mistaken classic iceman didn't show his 'omega-level abilities' and even then I've hardly seen anything impressive from him. personally anyhow, but I don't read many X-men comics, but I have read some.

And tell me, if Hazmat were in this line up, tell me, is Telekinesis sufficient to block radiation? No, it's not, and no ammount of training would spare you that unless you were trained to wear heavy lead-lined clothing to protect yourself.

@LordOfAllHumans:
Well tell me, how is it going to stop harmful radiation, if she creates a field to protect herself that still allows oxygen, then it can still get through. Can you think of any telekinetic that can shield themselves from radiation? I can't, though most writers don't really understand radiation beyond shooting super lazars.

@EpitomeofCool:And Jean Grey does not have telepathy in this fight, please read the OP."
The same way a tk shield can stop the sound of an explosion hitting it and not having those inside go deaf even though sound needs air to travel, or filter airborne toxins, tk shields are built to let in whatever the tk wants, Jean has created a tk sheath that allows her to survive in space, meaning all atmospheric conditions would already be present within the shield.  She created a shield that blocked the radiation of a solar flare, the power of the flare proved to be too much in the end, but the point is at it's onset she shielded from radiation, which you seem to believe is impossible.  She created another tk shield that protected her in space while in the vicinity of the radiation being given off by a white hole, so in the end yeah radiation can be shielded from, regardless of the need of oxygen as it can already be inside the field and not needed from the outside or be filtered because that is how tk shields (and apparently all biologically generated shields) work.
Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aero_gt

Why 4 x-men against 5 academy kids? Anywho  I'd say X-men mostly. Iceman can freeze the whole group solid. Cyclops can still hit harder than anyone on the other team regardless of visor placement. Jean can contain/ hurl some of the lighter academy kids  with Tk (Hurl them into a blast by cyclops that is.) and Beast... He's there for other stuff... yeah... 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

X-Men win.

Mackeja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mackeja
@Edgeworth_11: Jean Couldn't BFR anybody with her issue #1 TK. She could very slowly move a willing mass a small ways off of the ground if her attention was undivided back then. Beast was still pretty badass, but Iceman was mostly throwing snowballs, Cyke could shoot two or three times before running out of power, and the only time Angel has ever really been useful was when he had paralytic death feathers. I'm an X-men fan to the death, but for the first few issues, the X-men were pathetic, and only beat magneto because, (for the course of that issue,) Magneto appears to have been functionally retarded. So as much as I hate to say it, I've gotta vote AA