Avatar image for darkknight96000
darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkknight96000

This is an all out no holds barred cosmic battle of epic proportions who wins?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Unless Galactus is fully fed (IE: Near, equal to, or greater than Eternity's power) Ion wins.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Classic ION would win this fight... 
Avatar image for the_man_of_tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Ion wins.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reactor

Classic Ion wins whether Galactus is fully fed or not. Even the Spectre stepped out of Classic Ion's way.

Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Griffin_2099
@Reactor:
"Even the Spectre stepped out of Classic Ion's way. " that's debatable.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By reactor
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @Reactor: "Even the Spectre stepped out of Classic Ion's way. " that's debatable. "
The fact it can be debated already puts him above.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Reactor said:
" Classic Ion wins whether Galactus is fully fed or not. Even the Spectre stepped out of Classic Ion's way. "
What he said
Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Griffin_2099
@Reactor said:
" @Griffin_2099 said:
" @Reactor: "Even the Spectre stepped out of Classic Ion's way. " that's debatable. "
The fact it can be debated already puts him above. "

I was refering to you're interpretation of those events. I didn't see the Spectre being cowed by Ion, I saw him as not being able to involve himself directly. 

Personally I don't think Original Ion had enough of a showing to acurately guage how powerful he was, The biggest thing that I can remember he did was revitalize a desert and recreate the Guardians. (not including the Time Travel) 
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Ion was a beast. 

Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red_Blade
@Griffin_2099 said:
That isnt debatable, thats fact
The Spectre stated that Ions power was above his

Galactus gets slaughtered
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Red_Blade: Did your Samurai X account get banned already?
Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy

Yea unless Big G comsumed Eternity he can't beat Kyle here. 

Though he could use the UN to beat him or Possible separate the IonPower/Entity from Kyle... 

Also Spectre never did state that Ion was the more powerful when they talked
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xan84
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Red_Blade: Did your Samurai X account get banned already? "

LOL  How do you know its him ?
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Xan: speak with the same dialogue as all his past 3,000 accounts
Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Griffin_2099
@Red_Blade said:
" @Griffin_2099 said:
That isnt debatable, thats fact The Spectre stated that Ions power was above his  Galactus gets slaughtered "
Where does he say that? Looking over GL  Vol 3 Issue 150 (the only meeting where they where Spectre and Ion that I know of) I can not find that anywhere. So what are you talking about?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By AtPhantom

Classic Ion is above the Spectre by the virtue of beating Parallax, who himself defeated Spectre. Back on topic, Galactus is toast.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" Classic Ion is above the Spectre by the virtue of beating Parallax, who himself defeated Spectre. Back on topic, Galactus is toast. "

? In which series did that happen? At at what state was Parallax in? Because ZH Parallax is far above regular Parallax, as seen from its appearances in recent years.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:

" Classic Ion is above the Spectre by the virtue of beating Parallax, who himself defeated Spectre. Back on topic, Galactus is toast. "

? In which series did that happen? At at what state was Parallax in? Because ZH Parallax is far above regular Parallax, as seen from its appearances in recent years. "
No, I was talking about the originals. retcon Ion and Parallax are gnats compared to them.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:

? In which series did that happen? At at what state was Parallax in? Because ZH Parallax is far above regular Parallax, as seen from its appearances in recent years. "
No, I was talking about the originals. retcon Ion and Parallax are gnats compared to them. "
I understand that, but back to your original statement, when did original Ion measure his power against a being such as ZH Parallax, to which Jim Corrigan lost in Zero Hour?
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By forze

Did the Spectre ever have the need to exact vengence on Kyle (as the original Ion)?  If not, then the Spectre has never tested his power against original Ion.  I doubt original Ion is above a full backed up Spectre. 

Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Red_Blade
@forze said:

" Did the Spectre ever have the need to exact vengence on Kyle (as the original Ion)?  If not, then the Spectre has never tested his power against original Ion.  I doubt original Ion is above a full backed up Spectre.  "

Theres a difference between fully backed and unbound though
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By forze
@Red_Blade said:
"@forze said:

" Did the Spectre ever have the need to exact vengence on Kyle (as the original Ion)?  If not, then the Spectre has never tested his power against original Ion.  I doubt original Ion is above a full backed up Spectre.  "

Theres a difference between fully backed and unbound though "

Yes unbound was when the Spectre went crazy and decided all the magic users need to die.   

Honestly, I never seen Spectre with the full backing of The Presence, but I guessing it's above original Ion, because at the end of the day, if The Presence wants you dead...i'm pretty sure there's nothing y
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Red_Blade
@forze said:
" @Red_Blade said:
"@forze said:

Yes unbound was when the Spectre went crazy and decided all the magic users need to die.    Honestly, I never seen Spectre with the full backing of The Presence, but I guessing it's above original Ion, because at the end of the day, if The Presence wants you dead...i'm pretty sure there's nothing y "
You mean in DOV? That wasnt unbound, the Spectre was just really pissed
Unbound is when his power isnt getting constrained and fully backed is when he fought the AM [and lost]
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By forze
@Red_Blade said:
" @forze said:
" @Red_Blade said:
"@forze said:

Yes unbound was when the Spectre went crazy and decided all the magic users need to die.    Honestly, I never seen Spectre with the full backing of The Presence, but I guessing it's above original Ion, because at the end of the day, if The Presence wants you dead...i'm pretty sure there's nothing y "
You mean in DOV? That wasnt unbound, the Spectre was just really pissed Unbound is when his power isnt getting constrained and fully backed is when he fought the AM [and lost] "

I was under the impression that the Spectre was only backed by magic users during the time he fought AM. 
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Red_Blade
@forze said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" @forze said:
" @Red_Blade said:
"@forze said:

You mean in DOV? That wasnt unbound, the Spectre was just really pissed Unbound is when his power isnt getting constrained and fully backed is when he fought the AM [and lost] "
I was under the impression that the Spectre was only backed by magic users during the time he fought AM.  "
He was fully backed up also
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By forze
@Red_Blade said:
" @forze said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" @forze said:
" @Red_Blade said:
"@forze said:

I was under the impression that the Spectre was only backed by magic users during the time he fought AM.  "
He was fully backed up also "

Well that kind of undermines The Presence's omnipotence since AM is hardly someone who could defy The Presence.  I guess AM is the rock The Presence couldn't lift.  I have to reread the story arc since it's been a long time and find the panel, I just don't think it make sense for Spectre to be defeated with full backing from The Presence.
Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Griffin_2099
@Red_Blade: 
 Just looked through the Ion Mini. Spectre isn't  even in it. What are you refering to?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:

No, I was talking about the originals. retcon Ion and Parallax are gnats compared to them. "
I understand that, but back to your original statement, when did original Ion measure his power against a being such as ZH Parallax, to which Jim Corrigan lost in Zero Hour? "
I believe he has beaten him once in a full drawn battle. I haven't the scans to confirm it now.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:

I understand that, but back to your original statement, when did original Ion measure his power against a being such as ZH Parallax, to which Jim Corrigan lost in Zero Hour? "
I believe he has beaten him once in a full drawn battle. I haven't the scans to confirm it now. "
Who was Parallax's host at the time, though?

No need for scans, your word will obviously suffice.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" Who was Parallax's host at the time, though?  "
Hal freaking Jordan, of course. : ) I'm still talking about the originals. There were only one Ion and Parallax prior to GL: Rebirth.

I'm honored that you have such faith in my word, but I'd rather still have scans. : ) Maybe Methos can suffice when he pops back here, in a few months or so. : P
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Who was Parallax's host at the time, though?  "
Hal freaking Jordan, of course. : ) I'm still talking about the originals. There were only one Ion and Parallax prior to GL: Rebirth.  I'm honored that you have such faith in my word, but I'd rather still have scans. : ) Maybe Methos can suffice when he pops back here, in a few months or so. : P "
Wait, wait. Hal became the Spectre's host during Day of Judgment, and stopped being Parallax (despite the attachment to his soul until Spectre finally severed the bond during Rebirth) since Zero Hour. Kyle achieved his high level of power as Ion during Hal's time as the Spectre, not as Parallax, hence my confusion as to how, and when they fought.

I find it rather trivial to ask for scans for such a matter, especially when I am 110% positive that there is no possibility that you're conjuring this up.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" Wait, wait. Hal became the Spectre's host during Day of Judgment, and stopped being Parallax (despite the attachment to his soul until Spectre finally severed the bond during Rebirth) since Zero Hour. Kyle achieved his high level of power as Ion during Hal's time as the Spectre, not as Parallax, hence my confusion as to how, and when they fought.

I find it rather trivial to ask for scans for such a matter, especially when I am 110% positive that there is no possibility that you're conjuring this up.
"
Hang on, I messed up my facts. Hal and Kyle did fight, but Kyle was not yet Ion at the time. This battle destroyed Oa, and I believed this was the battle of Ion and Parallax. Kyle later became Ion by absorbing all the energy Hal Jordan released during final night. 

This in no way changes the fact that he is above Spectre and that Galactus is dead, but still it's good to re assess your knowledge.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Wait, wait. Hal became the Spectre's host during Day of Judgment, and stopped being Parallax (despite the attachment to his soul until Spectre finally severed the bond during Rebirth) since Zero Hour. Kyle achieved his high level of power as Ion during Hal's time as the Spectre, not as Parallax, hence my confusion as to how, and when they fought.

"
Hang on, I messed up my facts. Hal and Kyle did fight, but Kyle was not yet Ion at the time. This battle destroyed Oa, and I believed this was the battle of Ion and Parallax. Kyle later became Ion by absorbing all the energy Hal Jordan released during final night.   This in no way changes the fact that he is above Spectre and that Galactus is dead, but still it's good to re assess your knowledge. "
Ah, that explains it, then. 

And yes, I was asking purely to expand my knowledge on the subject.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By MrDirector786

Ion

Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Griffin_2099
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
Hang on, I messed up my facts. Hal and Kyle did fight, but Kyle was not yet Ion at the time. This battle destroyed Oa, and I believed this was the battle of Ion and Parallax. Kyle later became Ion by absorbing all the energy Hal Jordan released during final night.   This in no way changes the fact that he is above Spectre and that Galactus is dead, but still it's good to re assess your knowledge. "
What? Where? Start again please.

What is your basis for the fact that Ion is stronger than the Spectre? and in what way does this make him more powerful than Galactus? I am not saying Galactus wins but your argument doesn't make sense.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AtPhantom
@Griffin_2099 said:
" What? Where? Start again please.  What is your basis for the fact that Ion is stronger than the Spectre? and in what way does this make him more powerful than Galactus? I am not saying Galactus wins but your argument doesn't make sense. "
It's simple:
1. Ion is equal in power to Parallax.
2. Parallax is more powerful than Spectre. Seen on panel.
3. Both Spectre and Parallax have greater feats then Galactus.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By reactor
@AtPhantom said:
" @Griffin_2099 said:
" What? Where? Start again please.  What is your basis for the fact that Ion is stronger than the Spectre? and in what way does this make him more powerful than Galactus? I am not saying Galactus wins but your argument doesn't make sense. "
It's simple: 1. Ion is equal in power to Parallax. 2. Parallax is more powerful than Spectre. Seen on panel.3. Both Spectre and Parallax have greater feats then Galactus. "
Couldn't have put it better than this.
Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Griffin_2099
@AtPhantom:
Thanks for that, morning brain has problems pre-coffee
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AtPhantom
@Griffin_2099 said:
" @AtPhantom: Thanks for that, morning brain has problems pre-coffee "
LOL I hear that.
lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

Classic Ion wins whether Galactus is fully fed or not. Even the Spectre stepped out of Classic Ion's way.

And Spectre have no reason to fight Ion but if he would fight Ion gets slaughtered