Original Human Torch (Jim Hammond) vs. Firelord

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nitric

I saw a Human Torch vs Firelord posted before, but I'm pretty sure that was based off of Johnny Storm.

I wanna know if the original HT, Jim Hammond (the one who took out Sentry in seconds, and held off the entire Mighty Avengers team with ease) could stand a better chance against this Herald of Galactus?

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Scourge

Firelord

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nitric

You think so? Even though Jim was able to set Sentry on fire from the inside out in less than seconds? And with a small thermal release was able to knock people such and Ms. Marvel, Ares, and Wonderman on their asses?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Static Shock

How is he any different from Johnny Storm?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
Firelord would win... I dont think the Original Human Torch was that much stronger than the Current One...
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth
Static Shock said:
"How is he any different from Johnny Storm?"
He is alot better imo
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nitric
King Saturn said:
"Firelord would win... I dont think the Original Human Torch was that much stronger than the Current One...
"

Have you been reading Avengers/Invaders? Jim is solo-ing the entire Mighty Avengers squad, without trying.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius

Could the Human Torch/Jim Hammond fly into the sun?
Fighting Firelord would be dealing with fire with the intensity of the sun.
He has no chance. He might melt.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Zoom
Nitric said:
"King Saturn said:
"Firelord would win... I dont think the Original Human Torch was that much stronger than the Current One...
"

Have you been reading Avengers/Invaders? Jim is solo-ing the entire Mighty Avengers squad, without trying."

Really?  I mean, he has super strength and some other things that put him above Johnny but I wouldn't put him over Iron Man or Ms Marvel unless he got a huge power boost recently.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock
Alpha said:
"Could the Human Torch/Jim Hammond fly into the sun?
He has no chance. He might melt."
What do you mean melt? Jim is a robot!?
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nitric
Zoom said:
"Nitric said:
"King Saturn said:
"

Have you been reading Avengers/Invaders? Jim is solo-ing the entire Mighty Avengers squad, without trying."

Really?  I mean, he has super strength and some other things that put him above Johnny but I wouldn't put him over Iron Man or Ms Marvel unless he got a huge power boost recently."

I dunno about the whole power boost, but no-ones even been able to get close to him. And he was talking about doing stuff like being able to boil people's blood inside their body, and he set Sentry on fire from the inside out, and so on, so forth.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock
Nitric said:
"I dunno about the whole power boost, but no-ones even been able to get close to him. And he was talking about doing stuff like being able to boil people's blood inside their body, and he set Sentry on fire from the inside out, and so on, so forth."
Johnny would never think to do any of that.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the creator

Firelord easily wins.
Firelord is massively stronger than even the original android Torch (Firelord lifts 50 tonnes vs Torch's 500 lbs - or thereabouts).
Firelord could beat Torch to death with his hands as Torch's flame would do nothing to Firelord.
As Firelord can produce fire hotter than Torch, he could literally burn him to death.
Even if Firelord does not use his flames or fists, he can also project other Electromagnetic energies (microwaves, radio, light (including Infrared and Ultraviolet), x-ray and gamma rays) as well as gravity. He could several of these to also kill the Torch who would have not resistance to them as his flame sheath would provide no protection to say gravity or gamma rays.
Firelord's control of flame is also greater, so that he could simply extinguish the Torch's flame.

Firelord has all the advantages including having virtually unlimited endurance, faster reactions and faster flight.

The Torch is dead.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
Nitric said:
"King Saturn said:
"

I have actually... but that was just entertaining writing dude... not so much a true draw on the Original Human Torch's power...
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nitric

Yeah, I've been thinking about this post today, and I completely realized, I'm completely wrong to think Jim could win. Cause yeah, he seems pretty darn tough to me, but honestly, what could he do that could hurt Firelord? I guess nothing. that, and in Avengers/Invaders, it clearly says like a billion times they're trying not to hurt him.

Thank's for your points Creator and King Saturn!

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By geraldthesloth

This guy i know did a great respect thread on him KS

check this out

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t491111.html

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
geraldthesloth said:
"This guy i know did a great respect thread on him KS

check this out

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t491111.html"
Ah Very Good Sir

Thanks
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hadrelius
Static Shock said:
"Alpha said:
What do you mean melt? Jim is a robot!?"

Android!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
Alpha said:
"Static Shock said:
"Alpha said:

Android!"
Android... Robot... Cyborg... all the same freakin thing...

LOL
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nitric
King Saturn said:
"Alpha said:
"Static Shock said:
"Alpha said:

Android!"
Android... Robot... Cyborg... all the same freakin thing...

LOL
"
Don't tell him that....

LOL
namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By namorsubby

torch already kicked johnny's butt......he can take firelord too..........and no amount of heat can "burn" or "melt" hammond.he is completely and utterly immune to heat(only contradiction of that fact exists in new invaders #9). I doubt firelord is even hotter. jim's flame is around that same atomic level too ever since around 1954. it would come down to h2h, and since jim is a superdurable android who sometimes exhibits a healing factor and superhuman strength,aswell as an accomplished fighter who was trained by steve rogers with decades of experience, I'd say he wins.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By namorsubby
namorsubby said:
"torch already kicked johnny's butt......he can take firelord too..........and no amount of heat can "burn" or "melt" hammond.he is completely and utterly immune to heat(only contradiction of that fact exists in new invaders #9). I doubt firelord is even hotter. jim's flame is around that same atomic level too ever since around 1954. it would come down to h2h, and since jim is a superdurable android who sometimes exhibits a healing factor and superhuman strength,aswell as an accomplished fighter who was trained by steve rogers with decades of experience, I'd say he wins."

oops......4 some reason i was thinking of sunfire instead of firelord. no, jim can't take this herald of galactus. he's too powerful. still though, firelord could not "melt" or "burn" him.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
still though, firelord could not "melt" or "burn" him."
Here's a quote from a handbook on the original Torch,

"The Human Torch is unaffected by heat and flames, including his own, even when part of him is aflame and the rest of him is not. His flesh cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source whose level is below that of his maximum output."
Torch's maximum output is 1,000,000 deg F.
Firelord can reach temperatures seen much closer to those seen in stars, so he should be capable of reaching several million degs F.
namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By namorsubby

lol...............that's a statement concerning johnny storm, not jim hammmond. I've seen it several times. now if you went to the marvel database and checked you'd find that statement for the original torch too, but you should also check johnnys page and realize that someone just copied a discription of his powers onto jim's page..........I mean because they're both exactly the same right? lol

actually torch is stated to be the master of all flame and utterly immune to them several times in his actual comic appearances. like i said before, the only contradiction of this fact is found in New Invaders #9, where he died of a heat overload...........I expected as much from a series that had wolverine kick the crap out of namor.

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By claws

firelord wins

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
"lol...............that's a statement concerning johnny storm, not jim hammmond. I've seen it several times. now if you went to the marvel database and checked you'd find that statement for the original torch too, but you should also check johnnys page and realize that someone just copied a discription of his powers onto jim's page..........I mean because they're both exactly the same right? lol

actually torch is stated to be the master of all flame and utterly immune to them several times in his actual comic appearances. like i said before, the only contradiction of this fact is found in New Invaders #9, where he died of a heat overload...........I expected as much from a series that had wolverine kick the crap out of namor."
Actually it's from a Marvel Handbook (written word), not an online source and the entry was for the original Torch.
namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By namorsubby
the creator said:
"namorsubby said:
"lol...............that's a statement concerning johnny storm, not jim hammmond. I've seen it several times. now if you went to the marvel database and checked you'd find that statement for the original torch too, but you should also check johnnys page and realize that someone just copied a discription of his powers onto jim's page..........I mean because they're both exactly the same right? lol

actually torch is stated to be the master of all flame and utterly immune to them several times in his actual comic appearances. like i said before, the only contradiction of this fact is found in New Invaders #9, where he died of a heat overload...........I expected as much from a series that had wolverine kick the crap out of namor."
Actually it's from a Marvel Handbook (written word), not an online source and the entry was for the original Torch."

you sure? because I've seen that exact statment before, on the marvel database..............problem is hammond's max output is not 1.000,000 degrees, Johnny's is. Hammond's max output has never been specified, but it is almost definitely more than johnny's, given his atomic upgrade in 1954, and the fact that he not only can regualrly generate nova level blasts without seriously depleting like johnny, but has also once before hurt johnny with his flame.

all this is besides the point though..........it has been stated several times one way or another in comics that hammond is immune to all heat/flame
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
"the creator said:
"namorsubby said:

Actually it's from a Marvel Handbook (written word), not an online source and the entry was for the original Torch."
you sure? because I've seen that exact statment before, on the marvel database..............problem is hammond's max output is not 1.000,000 degrees, Johnny's is. Hammond's max output has never been specified, but it is almost definitely more than johnny's, given his atomic upgrade in 1954, and the fact that he not only can regualrly generate nova level blasts without seriously depleting like johnny, but has also once before hurt johnny with his flame.all this is besides the point though..........it has been stated several times one way or another in comics that hammond is immune to all heat/flame"
Yes, I'm sure. I checked it before I left for work this morning.
Hammond's output is also stated to be arppx 1,000,000 deg F
Even if he has a slightly higher tmperature or can generate more Nova flame than Johnny Storm, from what I have read and seen, I don't think he is  immune to temepratures that exceed his max temp.
namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By namorsubby

hammond has never been burned by any flame in all his appearances

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
"hammond has never been burned by any flame in all his appearances"
How many fire / heat sources on the planet Earth do you know that can exceed 1,000,000 deg F ?
Unless he happens to be in a particle accelerator or some other high end tech, he will never encounter these temps.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By namorsubby

the creator said:

"namorsubby said:
"the creator said:
"namorsubby said:

you sure? because I've seen that exact statment before, on the marvel database..............problem is hammond's max output is not 1.000,000 degrees, Johnny's is. Hammond's max output has never been specified, but it is almost definitely more than johnny's, given his atomic upgrade in 1954, and the fact that he not only can regualrly generate nova level blasts without seriously depleting like johnny, but has also once before hurt johnny with his flame.all this is besides the point though..........it has been stated several times one way or another in comics that hammond is immune to all heat/flame"
Yes, I'm sure. I checked it before I left for work this morning.Hammond's output is also stated to be arppx 1,000,000 deg FEven if he has a slightly higher tmperature or can generate more Nova flame than Johnny Storm, from what I have read and seen, I don't think he is  immune to temepratures that exceed his max temp."

what have you read or seen that contradicts this fact?
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By claws

firelord ftw

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
what have you read or seen that contradicts this fact?"

the creator said:
"namorsubby said:
still though, firelord could not "melt" or "burn" him."
Here's a quote from a handbook on the original Torch,

"The Human Torch is unaffected by heat and flames, including his own, even when part of him is aflame and the rest of him is not. His flesh cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source whose level is below that of his maximum output."Torch's maximum output is 1,000,000 deg F.Firelord can reach temperatures seen much closer to those seen in stars, so he should be capable of reaching several million degs F."

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By namorsubby

lol..........a statement that supposedly resides in a marvel handbook? vs several that contradict it and his actual comic appearaces(which is really what matters)?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
"lol..........a statement that supposedly resides in a marvel handbook? vs several that contradict it and his actual comic appearaces(which is really what matters)?"
the creator said:
"namorsubby said:
"hammond has never been burned by any flame in all his appearances"
How many fire / heat sources on the planet Earth do you know that can exceed 1,000,000 deg F ?Unless he happens to be in a particle accelerator or some other high end tech, he will never encounter these temps."
It does not contradict the appearances, it merely defines them.
If you never encounter a temperature above 500,000 deg F but your fire can reach 1,000,000 deg F, how will you then know that you are immune to temps beyond 1,000,000 deg F.
The handbook's clarfied this.
You want to read it, go buy the handbooks.
Show me where the Torch withstood a temp greater than 1,000,000 deg F then.

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Magicalmoment

firelord wins

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By namorsubby

the creator said:
namorsubby said: "lol..........a statement that supposedly resides in a marvel handbook? vs several that contradict it and his actual comic ... [more]

1.there are many comic sources which it contradicts. it has been stated several times that hammond is master of all flame and therefore completely immune to fire.

2. it is obvious to me that since you can find that exact same statement concerning their heat output and vulnerability in both johnny's and jim's stats on the marvel database that 1) someone lazily copied johnny's abilities/stats word for word to hammonds page assuming they were both the same and that 2) you either retreived that quote from the site or they did the exact same thing in the handbook. either way it's not right
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
  the creator said: namorsubby said: "lol..........a statement that supposedly resides in a marvel handbook? vs several that contradict it ... [more]
Where is that stated ?
How does a master of all flame statement contradict this ?
It means that he can control flames. Saying you control a flame does not mean that you are immune yo all temperatures.

I founmd the exact statements, from mthe OHOTMU which i quotyed for you earlier in this thread.

When you have something valid to add come back, until then do us a favour and stay away.
Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sleuth

Firelord easily.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By namorsubby
the creator said:
namorsubby said:   the creator said: namorsubby said: "lol..........a statement that supposedly resides in a marvel handbook? vs several that ... [more]

what you're not understanding is that that qoute of yours was exactly copied word for word from a stat sheet for johnny, which is understandable. someone could easily assume that simply listing jim and johnny's powers as completely identical would be logical(whether on the database or in the handbook), for obvious reasons, but that isn't the case.

this mistake is exactly why you wish to apply johnny's fire limitations to jim, but it's not your fualt. I blame whoever decided it wasn't worth it to take the time to consider the differences between the 2 torches and just photocopy johnny's abilities onto hammond, which kind of cripples him in a way. now when someone who may not be very familiar with hammond comes along looking for quick info by popping open a handbook or visiting a site, they'll be misled. but of course they'll feel completely justified, i mean, it is in a handbook.lol
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
the creator said: namorsubby said:   the creator said: namorsubby said: "lol..........a statement that supposedly resides in a marvel handbook? ... [more]
Let's loo at the pair of the Torchs closely shall we.
They both emit fiery plasma - Check.
They can control their 'plasma' fire and external fire sources  - Check
They can both absorb heat from the local environment - Check
They can both change the temperature of their 'plasma'  - Check
They can both fly thanks to the natural lift generated by the hot plasma - Check
They can both emit all their energy as a Nova Blast - Check.

Sounds quite silimar on the surface.

The official quotes on their 'firey' powers lists them as being nearly identical.
And you think that this is wrong.....
Got a problem with it, write to Marvel and cry them a river.
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Valkaad

This fight is not even close. Human torch cannot hurt Firelord in any way whatsoever!  Even if you believe that Firelord cannot injure torch with his heat, he can fly at light speed and lift 50 tons!! So he either blitzs torch at 186,000 mps or he walks up to him and literally pulls his head off.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By namorsubby
the creator said:
namorsubby said: the creator said: namorsubby said:   the creator said: namorsubby said: "lol..........a statement that supposedly resides in a ... [more]

I really don't see the need for such a statement. I am simply telling you how you have understandably come to misinterpret jim's power and attributes through what seems to be a careless move by marvel handbook editors.......assuming that staement is even in the handbook for jim.

yes they are pretty similar, seeing as johnny is based of off jim and was meant to serve as his replacement, but there are obvious differences. like jim having superhuman durability, or not needing to breathe, or being immortal unless utterly destroyed.all these things have been confirmed in comics. now does that sound like johnny storm to you? of course not. the truth is jim is quite different from johnny if you look a little past the surface, and although the powers and limitations are quite similar, they aren't completely similar as the handbook supposedly would have you believe. I have to say jim is superior to johnny, as demostrated in their encounter in comics. larger, stronger, more durable, combat training, more experienced, more flame versatility/capability and higher output.

you should try reading some of his appearances instead of reading a paragraph out of a stat page. maybe even try reading nearly all of his appearances since his creation in 1939 and then see  if you don't have a change of heart.

oh, and just to be clear, i'm not aruging in favor of jim in the match, i'm just addressing a minor misunderstanding. Firelord all the way

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
the creator said: namorsubby said: the creator said: namorsubby said:   the creator said: namorsubby said: "lol..........a statement that supposedly ... [more]
Yes there is a need to make such a comment because what you are saying is crap.
I am only interested in the 'surface powers' of the 2 as that is what matters because it is clearing up the mistake that you have kept repeating.

Both Torch's have a maximum temperature output. Both have a maximum temperature resistance.
Very few sources of heat on the planet Earth even come close to 550,000 deg C or 1,000,000 deg F for them to even test this level of resistance.

Now as for the handbook quotes, yes the details on their 'flame' powers are basically the same. Now I wonder why that is ?
Could it be because of the following,

They both emit fiery plasma - Check.
They can control their 'plasma' fire and external fire sources  - Check
They can both absorb heat from the local environment - Check
They can both change the temperature of their 'plasma'  - Check
They can both fly thanks to the natural lift generated by the hot plasma - Check
They can both emit all their energy as a Nova Blast - Check.

As for reading his appearances, I have read many of them as I have been collecting comics for around 30 years now.
His feats do not exceed those of Johnny Storm, in the area of fire (plasma) projection and control.

Now you said that Hammond's max temp could exceed 1,000,000 deg F.
Please indicate where or show us feats to convince us otherwise.

You stated that Hammond has never been burnt.
Please show us where he has encountered a heat source hotter than 1,000,000 deg F.

You stated that Hammond was a master of all flame.
Please show us where this is stated.
namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By namorsubby

crap?..........you've got to be crazy to think you can read a page out of a handbook and think you know what you're talking about, especially concerning such an obscure character.

"his feats do not exceed johnny storm's"???

lol, I know for a fact you haven't been reading too many of his appearances. maybe try the one where he schools johnny and shows him tricks with flame he can't match.taking that into consideration, this quote begins to sound sort of idiotic:

"His feats do not exceed those of Johnny Storm, in the area of fire (plasma) projection and control."

he has been stated to be the master of flame on several occassions, he has never been burnt, and he has better feats than storm. want proof, find it yourself, but i'll do you one better. I've set out hundreds of scans of feats of Jim Hammond's in a nice little thread. check it out. I assure you that after you  thoroughly inspect it you'll appear much more educated than you do when you waltz into an argument assuming you know everything about a character from reading a invalid page in a handbook.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t491111.html

oh, and i never gave a specific heat output for torch. don't put words in my mouth. I specifically said that his heat output has gone unspecified through the years but is almost definitely higher than johnny's due to his atomic boost in 1954 and the fact that he can regularly generate nova blasts without completely depleting himself. that and he has affected people with flame that johnny has failed to or at least most likely couldn't (killed ironman with heat, affects namor, floored mighty avengers roster, etc)

oh, and what in lord's name do you mean by saying you're only interested in their "surface powers"? if their abilities and attributes aren't the same, then they aren't the same. superhuman durability, combat training/fighting skills,expansive experience, no need to breathe, immortaility...........are you really trying to tell me these things don't count for anything?

ps:

oh and btw, you spewing all this trash about how i should prove myself, but you simply tell me to go out and get a handbook if i wanna know whether what you claim is true. extremely hypocritical. I've got scans. why don't you show me a scan of the page from this handbook. make sure it hasn't been outdated by a newer version as well.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By namorsubby

okay the creator,  before you feel the need to respond just as rudely and negatively, i'm stopping this right here.

there's no need for either of us to be replying in the manner in which we have due to differing veiwpoints. the truth is, i felt  a statement of yours a while back to be slightly offensive, and although I tried to make that known in a polite manner, after that attempt i may have responded accordingly in a way that may have been slightly offensive to you, and i apologize.from there it seemed only to progress. I understand that what is in a handbook is to be viewed as valid, and that you understandably take that statement as law above my own contradicting statements, but I feel that since that statement was made for johnny and then simply applied to jim because they are similar that it doesn't  serve as a good source. almost all stat and bio statements are generally based off of what is shown in comics. I assume that since they have specific temperature limitations and resistance stats for johnny(the ones that were applied to jim as well) that he actually has had some experience in his comic appearances that defined these limitations, while jim did not. having not read any johnny storm appearances which support this, i don't know for sure, but it is logical to assume. I completely understand your differing veiwpoint and respect it.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By the creator

Read your PMs.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By castleking

good response short and sweet now do bloodaxe vs she hulk.. bye the bye Kril wins

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By namorsubby

castleking said:
good response short and sweet now do bloodaxe vs she hulk.. bye the bye Kril wins

we weren't debating on whether or not firelord won.
SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny storm stomps them both