Order of the White Lotus vs Team Avatar

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fire-brand

Team Avatar: Zuko, Toph, Katara, Sokka (with space sword and boomerang), and Aang (doesn't start in avatar state)
Order of the White Lotus: Bumi, Pakku, Piandao, and Iroh.

battle takes place outside the walls of Ba Sing Se at dawn. No Sozins comet or full moon. Can the addition of Aang tip this in the avatars favor, or will superior experience hold out against these young powerful benders? No BFR.

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fire-brand

nobody?

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By EpitomeofCool

What BFR? No barf? 

This is a tough one. I would say Team Avatar though. Toph is definitely a better earth bender than Bumi. Katara is better than Pakku. I don;t think Sokka could take on his master, same with Zuko, but Team avatar having Aang gives them the win. If they didn't have Aang. White Lotus would win, in a close match.

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fire-brand
@EpitomeofCool: i don't know, bumi retook all of omashu on his own in less than 8 minutes. toph may be more skilled, but never showed the massive feats of power that bumi displayed. it's way to close for me to call without further examination.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Fire-brand: Ok so even if they're tied in bending or even is bumi is better. (Even though they have said Toph is the greatest earth bender alive) Team avatar has Aang!
mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mistrx75

Aang tips it.  Team Avatar wins.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ferro Vida
@EpitomeofCool said:
" @Fire-brand: Ok so even if they're tied in bending or even is bumi is better. (Even though they have said Toph is the greatest earth bender alive) Team avatar has Aang! "
Toph called herself the greatest Earth-Bender, the same way Bumi refered to himself as the most powerful living Earth-Bender. I would argue that he is the stronger of the two, but the real clincher in their fight would be that Bumi has around one hundred years of experience of Toph.

Every member of the White Lotus has far more experience then any member of team Avatar, unless Aang is in the Avatar state. The Avatar state is also the only way that team Avatar will win this.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By pooty
@Ferro Vida said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:
" @Fire-brand: Ok so even if they're tied in bending or even is bumi is better. (Even though they have said Toph is the greatest earth bender alive) Team avatar has Aang! "
Toph called herself the greatest Earth-Bender, the same way Bumi refered to himself as the most powerful living Earth-Bender. I would argue that he is the stronger of the two, but the real clincher in their fight would be that Bumi has around one hundred years of experience of Toph.  Every member of the White Lotus has far more experience then any member of team Avatar, unless Aang is in the Avatar state. The Avatar state is also the only way that team Avatar will win this. "
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fire-brand

despite the experience advantage, toph does have metalbending to her advantage. i'm not certain, but i feel that each member of team avatar can hold off their corresponding lotus members until aang can assist them. we already saw katara dueling pakku and holding her own quite well BEFORE she was trained, she might have advanced to the level to beat him. i think the kicker might be Iroh. he's called The Dragon of the West for a very good reason. i'm worried that he might be able to beat zuko AND aang. he was said to be the only other who could beat ozai, which even aang couldn't do without entering the avatar state. either way it's a very close call. i give it to team avatar 6/10  due to their experience working with each other in battle.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Fire-brand said:
" despite the experience advantage, toph does have metalbending to her advantage.
That will only do her any good here if they are fighting in a fire nation building where it would actually have some effect. The battle is set outside Ba Sing Se, so metal bending will do jack all.

@Fire-brand said:
we already saw katara dueling pakku and holding her own quite well BEFORE she was trained, she might have advanced to the level to beat him.
It is fairly safe to assume that Pakku was toying with her until the very end. He could have easily killed her numerous times in that fight, yet instead he chose to leave her immobilized. 

@Fire-brand said:
he was said to be the only other who could beat ozai, which even aang couldn't do without entering the avatar state. either way it's a very close call. i give it to team avatar 6/10  due to their experience working with each other in battle. "
Zuko stated that Uncle was the only other person who could beat Ozai, and when they came to him Iroh himself said that even he wasn't sure if he would be able to do it.

If the White Lotus taking back Ba Sing Se has shown anything, it is that the White Lotus is more then capable of working together. How else would a handful of men defeat an army? Every tactical move they made was one made in conjuncture with the other members. There is no doubt in my mind that the White Lotus members have more experience working together as well as more experience in general.

I said it before and I will say it again: the only way team Avatar will win is through Aang entering the Avatar state. Without that team Avatar will be picked off by a group of warriors with more experience, more skill, and more power.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iLLituracy

Bumi and Iroh on the same team is cheating.

Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grandma's Boy

White Lotus wins this. They are all masters that have years of practice of different techniques and even trained some if not all of team avatar. i mean the only advantages for team 2 are that Toph can metal bend and Ang is the avatar so unless Ang goes into the avatar state White Lotus should win this.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fire Star
@Ferro Vida said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:
Toph called herself the greatest Earth-Bender, the same way Bumi refered to himself as the most powerful living Earth-Bender. I would argue that he is the stronger of the two, but the real clincher in their fight would be that Bumi has around one hundred years of experience of Toph.  Every member of the White Lotus has far more experience then any member of team Avatar, unless Aang is in the Avatar state. The Avatar state is also the only way that team Avatar will win this. "
I agree with this.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Power NeXus

I was going to post here, but Ferro has already said everything I was thinking of.
Nyxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nyxx

I agree that many of the match ups between the teams are even. I feel like the fight could go either way - whether Pakku was toying with Katara when she was less skilled or not, it is fairly clear that her bending skills are comparable to any we have seen from him. Also, whether Bumi has more raw power than Toph or not, I doubt he'd be able to defeat her - she might not be able to beat him, but I don't see any other earthbender taking the upper hand against Toph, she is too sensing savvy. I would call a stalemate of sorts with these two match ups. Sokka might be able to hold his own against Piandao, but would eventually probably lose. Iroh would be one deciding factor - he outmatches Zuko. Aang is another - with Aang it's possible they're all evenly matched, but they'd definitely need the extra person. 

The White Lotus might or might not have more experience together than Team Avatar. More general experience, yes. But together? That's not necessarily true. They all live in different parts of the world - it's not as though they've been together constantly for all these decades. And speaking of decades, they're all rather old. And while there is no doubt they're all incredibly powerful and skilled, do they share the same stamina/energy to endure a possibly ongoing battle that younger benders would have? *shrug* I'm not saying Team Avatar would always win, just that it might be possible and that it's not so cut and dry.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pooty

I believe Bumi knows Toph is blind. He turns the ground into sand or just jumps in the and punches her or levitates a few rocks in the air and sends them at her. Toph actually has a very big weakness that can be exploited and Bumi is the one to do it. Aang does not instantly go avatar. He can be tagged by any of them just as Azula did. And Aang doesn't attack he usually dodges. I'm giving this to the Old guys

FredShahar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FredShahar

I'm gonna compare each element: 
Fire: Iroh and Jeong Jeong (people tend to forget him) vs Zuko. Iroh is one of the strongest firebenders in the world and is one of the few firebenders powerful enough to use lightning. Jeong Jeong is another one of the most powerful firebenders and is the only character to ever do the very advance fire teleport move (forgot the actual name of the move) in The Deserter episode. Zuko could be considered a master, possibly, but he is still not even close to the level of these masters. 
Water: Pakku is the only character powerful enough to perform the water spout move (in Siege of the North). The only other person who did this most difficult move was Aang in the avatar state. Katara is powerful but not on the level of Pakku. 
Earth: This match up is probably the closest. Bumi is definitely a more powerful and experienced earthbender, but the way Toph sees gives her an advantage against most opponents (earthbenders in particular because they are almost always rooted on the ground, where Toph can easily see them).  
In the end though, the sooner Aang starts glowing, the more easily team Avatar wins, because nothing can stop a full fledged avatar.
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Order of the White Lotus, easy. While Aang is good. He is only a master of Air. While the White Lotus group had two master fire benders(the best only behind Ozai), the best Water bender, and easily the best Earth Bender(besides maybe Toph, its hard to judge with her strong weakness against Sand). I don't think its a massive stomp, but I don't think the White Lotus Suffers much damage.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Power NeXus
@Fist_of_Mandalore:
While I agree that the Order of the White Lotus would win, I just thought I'd point out that I think you are underestimating Aang a bit. Air is his natural element, but he mastered all 4 by the end of the series. In his final battle with Firelord Ozai, he was utilizing all 4 elements with virtually equal skill (before he went into the Avatar State).
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By agent9149

mmmhmmm the greats of the now vs the greats of the future..............i say white lotus...the children have much to learn still

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By jumpstart55

White lotus  wins Team avatar loses due to lack of  experience.

HellRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HellRay
@Ferro Vida:
I would probably agree but experience is key in any battle
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:
Toph is more versatile due to her ability to sense through her Earthbending and metalbending, but those aren't gonna be enough here. I completely agree.
harveytar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the oldies would win but we should consider kataras ability to blood bend also... i think everyone forgot her ability to blood bend...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the oldies would win but we should consider kataras ability to blood bend also... i think everyone forgot her ability to blood bend...

She can't bloodbend in this scenario

harveytar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty why cant she blood bend in this scenario? I thought she could blood bend without the full moon.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty why cant she blood bend in this scenario? I thought she could blood bend without the full moon.

No she can't. People try to use the Southern Raiders as an example, but they showed a full moon before they went onto the boat

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Damn Arcus...can I answer an Avatar question without you stealing my thunder??!! lol

P.S when I typed Arcus, my spell check changed it to "sexual".

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: haha, no you cannot

Huh, well that's different

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Aang is obviously MVP

• Iroh beats Zuko mid dif.
  • Katara takes Pakku high dif.
  • Bumi takes Toph mid-high dif.
  • Piandao stomps Sokka

The Gaang easily wins here because of Aang, but if you add in Jeong Jeong, the the White Lotus should win on account of most old masters being able to defeat the prodigies.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vengefulshot

However,

Iroh beats Zuko mid dif.

Katara stalemates/ just loses to Pakku.

Bumi beats Toph mid dif.

Piando curbs Sokka.

Aang however, is more than enough to completely turn this fight around for the gaang.