No Caption Provided
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Prime. Neither Hot Rod nor Magnus have done anything anywhere near his overall quantity and quality of feats.
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

^agree with comment above. Whether in IDW, Marvel, Or Television, they never displayed the fighting skills that Optimus Prime has showcased, over and over again.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Morpheus_ said:
Prime. Neither Hot Rod nor Magnus have done anything anywhere near his overall quantity and quality of feats.
On a transformers forum on another site every one seemed to be adamant that Rodimus Prime is more powerful than Optimus 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@spiderbat87 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

On a transformers forum on another site every one seemed to be adamant that Rodimus Prime is more powerful than Optimus 
There is no Rodimus Prime in IDW continuity, not really. No physical transformation from Hot Rod, at least. Hot Rod just used to run around wearing the Matrix tied around his neck and proclaimed himself Rodimus. A fter Hot Rod got blown to bits in one shot by Megatron while trying to inflitrate a Decepticon base, the Matrix seemingly merged with portion of his chestplate to keep him alive, but that was it. He returned it to its rightful owner when the time came.  

So everyone is either referring to another continuity or they are simply wrong.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Morpheus_ said:
@spiderbat87 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

There is no Rodimus Prime in IDW continuity, not really. No physical transformation from Hot Rod, at least. Hot Rod just used to run around wearing the Matrix tied around his neck and proclaimed himself Rodimus. A fter Hot Rod got blown to bits in one shot by Megatron while trying to inflitrate a Decepticon base, the Matrix seemingly merged with portion of his chestplate to keep him alive, but that was it. He returned it to its rightful owner when the time came.  

So everyone is either referring to another continuity or they are simply wrong.
Hmm the cartoon maybe?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@spiderbat87: I haven't watched Transformers since I was 5-6 years old, so I can't help you with animated versions (Beast Wars excluded, but the G1 characters were dormant at the time).
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

Even in the cartoons, he was beaten around ALL the time. I own all the episodes, Target came out with the collection, with the movie included like two years ago? Rodimus still wasn't as good as Optimus

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MrDirector786

@Morpheus_ said:

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Killemall

@MrDirector786 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

I forth this!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator

I agree that Optimus is going to win for sure. But the question is, who comes in second? I feel like Ultra Magnus, at least in IDW, and probably animated as well--while the matrix went to Hot Rod over Magnus eventually, Hot Rod never seemed as impressive a fighter as U-M. When Hot Rod was calling himself Rodimus and Ultra Magnus confronted him, Magnus seemed like he was pretty much in control of the situation.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By spystreak

Optimus with Magnus in second

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

@Owie said:

I agree that Optimus is going to win for sure. But the question is, who comes in second? I feel like Ultra Magnus, at least in IDW, and probably animated as well--while the matrix went to Hot Rod over Magnus eventually, Hot Rod never seemed as impressive a fighter as U-M. When Hot Rod was calling himself Rodimus and Ultra Magnus confronted him, Magnus seemed like he was pretty much in control of the situation.

Pretty much. Optimus is first, Magnus is second, and the absolute biggest loser of this fight in last place is Rodimus. :P

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@MrDirector786 said:

@Owie said:

Pretty much. Optimus is first, Magnus is second, and the absolute biggest loser of this fight in last place is Rodimus. :P

What about if I replace Hot Rod with Grimlock?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrDirector786

@spiderbat87 said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@Owie said:

Then I'm kind of inclined to put Grimlock in either first or second. In the G1 cartoon, he was stronger than Optimus most of the time, though I'm not too sure how he fares against him if it's the IDW versions.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@MrDirector786 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@Owie said:

Then I'm kind of inclined to put Grimlock in either first or second. In the G1 cartoon, he was stronger than Optimus most of the time, though I'm not too sure how he fares against him if it's the IDW versions.

Hm has Grimlock not had many appearances in IDW yet?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrDirector786

@spiderbat87 said:

Hm has Grimlock not had many appearances in IDW yet?

He appeared in Shockwave's Spotlight as well as in his own Spotlight. He also appeared in Maximum Dinobots. So yeah, he hasn't had that many appearances. In Shockwave's spotlight, he and the other Dinobots battled Shockwave and were defeated by him. In his own Spotlight he briefly took on Scorponok. I'll have to look back at those issues to see what other feats he has. I think I also remember him lifting a small building (I think it was a diner) in Maximum Dinobots.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18  Edited By owie  Moderator

@MrDirector786 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@Owie said:

I agree.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Morpheus_ said:

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheRedRobin96

Wow, pretty good thread. The logic in me says Optimus. BUT I want to say Rodimus due to me liking him more. I would say Optimus > Rodimus > Ultra Magnus. BUT Ultra Magnus does put up an extremely good fight. Now if it were just plain old Hot Rod, then Ultra Magnus.

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheRedRobin96

@MrDirector786: I dont even remember seeing him. I remember him in DW's take on Transformers, and thats where I started loving Grimlock. Didn't like him from the 80's comics. But the cartoons he was pretty cool.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDirector786

@TheRedRobin96 said:

@MrDirector786: I dont even remember seeing him. I remember him in DW's take on Transformers, and thats where I started loving Grimlock. Didn't like him from the 80's comics. But the cartoons he was pretty cool.

He had a Spotlight issue, he appeared in Shockwave's spotlight issue, and he was in the Maximum Dinobots mini.

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheRedRobin96

@MrDirector786: I never really paid much attention to the Spotlight's, I did read Blurr's recently and found that REALLY good, so I will check out the rest. Maximum Dinobots? Never heard of it. Its funny I have been a HUGE fan of Transformers since I was 5 (so about 10 years now) and I just now start picking up the IDW stuff. I have always thought I would be better off with my Marvel and DW Transformers comics. But after reading Robots in Disquise #1 I think I might go back.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrDirector786

@TheRedRobin96 said:

@MrDirector786: I never really paid much attention to the Spotlight's, I did read Blurr's recently and found that REALLY good, so I will check out the rest. Maximum Dinobots? Never heard of it. Its funny I have been a HUGE fan of Transformers since I was 5 (so about 10 years now) and I just now start picking up the IDW stuff. I have always thought I would be better off with my Marvel and DW Transformers comics. But after reading Robots in Disquise #1 I think I might go back.

The Spotlights actually can play a large role in the main story like in Shockwave's, we see he's the reason why there's energon on Earth. Glad to see other people starting to read the IDW series, though. If you want, I can help you get more into it. Just so you know, IDW's been releasing trades of all the issues in chronological order. They cost quite a bit though. Volume 1 costs like $50 on amazon and the rest of the volumes are about $30. Then there are the current series volumes which include For All Mankind, International Incident, Revenge of the Decepticons, Chaos Theory, and Chaos. There are also minis like Drift's mini, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Bumblebee's mini, Ironhide's mini, and the Heart of Darkness. All these I've mentioned (except for maybe Chaos) are in trade format and I believe they are available on amazon.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I think this is more like Optimus vs Ultra Magnus because Rodimus will go down first. I wanna say Optimus but IDK Ultra Magnus is so much bigger than Prime and has more firepower. It's hard to imagine Optimus being more powerful

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My inner fanboy wants to say 'Ultra Magnus'. But logic dictates, Optimus Prime.