optimus i think.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrDirector786

In pretty much every version, they seem to be evenly matched so I can't say who wins at all. They were always evenly matched in G1 except when Megatron would amp himself with special energy sources or something. In Armada they were even, Energon they were pretty even as well. In Cybertron, I think Megatron may actually have been a little bit stronger but even then they were even for the most part. In Animated, Megatron was much more powerful but in that show, the Decepticons were all much stronger than any one Autobot and it would take multiple Autobots to beat just one Decepticon. They seem pretty even in the current show, Transformers: Prime. In the movies, Optimus may be stronger. He got beaten by Megatron in the first movie but that was most likely because they were in a city and Optimus held back because of the people but in the second they were in a forest so Optimus cut loose and was holding his own against Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. In the comics, they've also always seemed even. The only time I remember Megatron beat Optimus in the current series is when he was powered up on ultra-energon in the Escalation storyline.

Pretty much, I say it can go either way.

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By odinforce
@MrDirector786 said:
In pretty much every version, they seem to be evenly matched so I can't say who wins at all. They were always evenly matched in G1 except when Megatron would amp himself with special energy sources or something. In Armada they were even, Energon they were pretty even as well. In Cybertron, I think Megatron may actually have been a little bit stronger but even then they were even for the most part. In Animated, Megatron was much more powerful but in that show, the Decepticons were all much stronger than any one Autobot and it would take multiple Autobots to beat just one Decepticon. They seem pretty even in the current show, Transformers: Prime. In the movies, Optimus may be stronger. He got beaten by Megatron in the first movie but that was most likely because they were in a city and Optimus held back because of the people but in the second they were in a forest so Optimus cut loose and was holding his own against Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. In the comics, they've also always seemed even. The only time I remember Megatron beat Optimus in the current series is when he was powered up on ultra-energon in the Escalation storyline.  Pretty much, I say it can go either way.
Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Megatron

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lance Bastro
@TheSpiritStalker said:
Megatron
if megatron wins.... click this...
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

I will just say what my other post says but with much less text. It depends on which versions we're using but for the most part it can go either way.

capcom95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capcom95

optimus got this...

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lance Bastro
@capcom95 said:
optimus got this...
if optimus prime wins... click this...
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By kheranlord12

which version is this.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrDirector786
@warlord1234 said:
which version is this.
Based off of the OP images, it looks like G1. To be more specific, it looks like Marvel comics version of Transformers, which I've never really read much of.
Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

@mrdirector786: I believe Optimus was superior in the orignal comics and cartoon. In RiD and Armada, Optimus could always beat Megatron handily by going into super mode. They were more even in Energon and Cybetron but Optimus was able to hold his own against Galvatron at the end of Cybertron, who is twice as powerful as Megatron. In the movies, he's gotten the better of Megatron in ROTF and DOTM. In Animated, Megatron is stronger but Optimus always finds a way to outsmart him. In Prime, Megatron won twice because he had Dark Energon and later used it to make the Dark Star Saber. So Optimus wins most of the time.

In the ongoing IDW series, it could go either way but Megatron was a lot more powerful than Prime during Costa's run.

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optimus 2/3.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Optimus

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only version I am super familiar with is Beast Wars. I think Optimus could handle him in beast form but that's it.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Megatron

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G1 in character- Megatron
G1 bloodlusted- Optimus
--
Beast Wars in character- again Megatron
Beast Wars blood lusted- Megatron

---
Armada/Energon/Cybertron- Optimus in and out of character
---

Bayformers- Prime 2/3 times... they both don't have character, because those movies suck.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

@irhp87: Megatron beat Optimus in the last two fights but he'd beat either the original Beast Wars Megatron or Transmetal Megatron even if they were both transmetal or in their original bodies