• 67 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by autoexit173 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

According to this list, there is no Odin, Superman or Superman Prime, Super Vegetto or even Phoenix.

http://listverse.com/2009/10/13/top-10-most-powerful-comic-book-characters/

1. is that list accurate?

a. if what names would you change or add?

#2 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173 said:

According to this list, there is no Odin, Superman or Superman Prime, Super Vegetto or even Phoenix.

http://listverse.com/2009/10/13/top-10-most-powerful-comic-book-characters/

1. is that list accurate?

a. if what names would you change or add?

Hello!

Welcome to ComicVine.

Please read the Battle Forum rules before starting a thread.

This thread is not a battle, this thread belongs in the General Discussion section, just saying so you don't make the mistake again.

Now to answer your questions...

1. Yes this list is accurate (as far as I know). Remember, you're talking about Anime characters, that list refers to Comic book characters.

a. I would think the list is accurate, in my opinion.

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

#3 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173 said:

According to this list, there is no Odin, Superman or Superman Prime, Super Vegetto or even Phoenix.

http://listverse.com/2009/10/13/top-10-most-powerful-comic-book-characters/

1. is that list accurate?

a. if what names would you change or add?

it's somewhat accurate...if we only talk about Marvel or DC. Franklin Richards as an adult should be there, Phoenix as well, Lucifer Morningstar and Michael Demiurgos, Death from the endless

But why stop at Marvel or DC? we could always cite the Plutonian, maybe even Lady Death (she's the representation of death in her universe) or Dr. Solar?

#4 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

That list sucks a big one. My top ten is (in no particular order):

  • The One Above All
  • The Presence
  • Max Faraday
  • Mr. Mxy (at his most powerful)
  • Living Tribunal
  • Pre-Retcon Beyonder
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • The Great Evil Beast
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Elaine Belloc
#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos(without plot items) is above Imperiex and Anti-Monitor?

#6 Posted by PythonVsWalker (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I think arm fall off boy should be there.

#7 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree that

TOAA>Prescence though

#8 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

That list sucks a big one.

@XImpossibruX said:

Thanos(without plot items) is above Imperiex and Anti-Monitor?

My bad.

You guys are right.

And I would also think Thanos would be higher than Galactus.

Am I right?

#9 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n said:

@blackadamFTW said:

That list sucks a big one.

@XImpossibruX said:

Thanos(without plot items) is above Imperiex and Anti-Monitor?

My bad.

You guys are right.

And I would also think Thanos would be higher than Galactus.

Am I right?

if Thanos had his trinkets (IE Infinity Gauntlet or Heart of the Universe) then yes, otherwise? no.

Also, Molecule Man should be in that list

#10 Posted by jashro44 (20521 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n said:

@blackadamFTW said:

That list sucks a big one.

@XImpossibruX said:

Thanos(without plot items) is above Imperiex and Anti-Monitor?

My bad.

You guys are right.

And I would also think Thanos would be higher than Galactus.

Am I right?

Thanos begged galactus for his life.

#11 Edited by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines:

Alright thanks.

@jashro44:

Lol, my bad.

#12 Edited by autoexit173 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry i just read through the battle rules and i guess this doesn't qualify for battles, this is more who would win.

do i have to ask a mod to place this into another topic section?

correct me if i'm wrong because i basically have no knowledge of comic books, the only comic i have ever read or bought was superman - doomsday.

anyway i have read on this forum that people say thanos at full power with all the power gems can almost mind rape galactus and using a energy bean thanos knocked galactus down.

also phoenix or dark phoenix (whatever you call her) has beaten up galactus.

if 2 marvel characters have already defeated galactus, why would people rank him above thanos?

battle:

if thanos only uses his own powers (training and medication is allowed but no bio amps, power gems, glove) against these characters;

1. odin (just odins power no combine god powers or god force whatever you call it)

2. ssj3 goku

3. mystic gohan

4. superman

5. ssj2 or sjj3 goku vs superman (comics vs manga)

6. odin vs phoenix

(odin a= just his own power, b=all of the god force power)

also a quick off the topic question why is thor weaker or so weak compared to odin?

all my knowledge is based on watching the avengers 2012 movie, the avengers - earths mightiest heroes, and thor movie.

and thank you for welcoming me, much appreciated :)

#13 Edited by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173 said:

According to this list, there is no Odin, Superman or Superman Prime, Super Vegetto or even Phoenix.

http://listverse.com/2009/10/13/top-10-most-powerful-comic-book-characters/

1. is that list accurate?

a. if what names would you change or add?

Welcome to the Vine, this thread should be in the General Discussion forums.

Anyways, that list is failure beyond comprehension for not including multiple beings that are truly high in power.

This is just a random smack-up list:

1. The One-Above-All

2. The Fulcrum

3. Demiurge (doesn't appear to have a page on our wiki)

4. The Presence

5. Max Faraday

6. Pre-retcon Beyonder / Pre-retcon Molecule Man

7. The Living Tribunal

8. Michael Demiurgos / Lucifer Morningstar

9. The Great Evil Beast (just because I feel GEB should be here)

10. Elaine Belloc

These are just beings, but if we count beings enhanced by items, I'd say Heart of the Universe Thanos would be above Living Tribunal and below Pr Beyonder.

Odin is nowhere near up here, at all.

I think Molecule Man is below Beyonder, just to let you know.

#14 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

On that list, they put the Celestial for The One Above All, and Apocalypse in 10th place.

Yes, there is plenty wrong with that list.

#15 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought PR Beyonder was pretty much God?

#16 Posted by autoexit173 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@autoexit173 said:

According to this list, there is no Odin, Superman or Superman Prime, Super Vegetto or even Phoenix.

http://listverse.com/2009/10/13/top-10-most-powerful-comic-book-characters/

1. is that list accurate?

a. if what names would you change or add?

Welcome to the Vine, this thread should be in the General Discussion forums.

Anyways, that list is failure beyond comprehension for not including multiple beings that are truly high in power.

This is just a random smack-up list:

1. The One-Above-All

2. The Fulcrum

3. Demiurge (doesn't appear to have a page on our wiki)

4. The Presence

5. Max Faraday

6. Pre-retcon Beyonder / Pre-retcon Molecule Man

7. The Living Tribunal

8. Michael Demiurgos / Lucifer Morningstar

9. The Great Evil Beast (just because I feel GEB should be here)

10. Elaine Belloc

These are just beings, but if we count beings enhanced by items, I'd say Heart of the Universe Thanos would be above Living Tribunal and below Pr Beyonder.

Odin is nowhere near up here, at all.

I'm sorry because i'm new to the comic world, but i have read people on this forum claim that Odin has gone toe to toe with Thanos and won their 1st battle.

In the Marvel info page they state Galactus as being their most powerful villain.

Am i missing something?

Anyway no one has said anything about moving my thread to the general section.

How?

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

On that list, they put the Celestial for The One Above All, and Apocalypse in 10th place.

Yes, there is plenty wrong with that list.

Haha, yeah. They meant TOAA but put a picture of OAA.

@autoexit173 said:

sorry i just read through the battle rules and i guess this doesn't qualify for battles, this is more who would win.

do i have to ask a mod to place this into another topic section?

correct me if i'm wrong because i basically have no knowledge of comic books, the only comic i have ever read or bought was superman - doomsday.

anyway i have read on this forum that people say thanos at full power with all the power gems can almost mind rape galactus and using a energy bean thanos knocked galactus down.

also phoenix or dark phoenix (whatever you call her) has beaten up galactus.

if 2 marvel characters have already defeated galactus, why would people rank him above thanos?

battle:

if thanos only uses his own powers (training and medication is allowed but no bio amps, power gems, glove) against these characters;

1. odin (just odins power no combine god powers or god force whatever you call it)

2. ssj3 goku

3. mystic gohan

4. superman

5. ssj2 or sjj3 goku vs superman (comics vs manga)

6. odin vs phoenix

(odin a= just his own power, b=all of the god force power)

also a quick off the topic question why is thor weaker or so weak compared to odin?

all my knowledge is based on watching the avengers 2012 movie, the avengers - earths mightiest heroes, and thor movie.

and thank you for welcoming me, much appreciated :)

Yeah, you should ask a mod.

You mean Thanos with the Infinity Gems? With the Infinity Gauntlet, yes, Thanos was incredibly powerful and could warp reality/the universe.

1. Base Odin is quite weak. All we've seen of Odin is him with the Odinforce and in the Destroyer Armor.

2. Don't know much about Goku.

3. Don't know much about anything in DBZ, in general.

4. Pre or post 52?

5. Comics vs. manga/anime isn't allowed, and again, I don't know much about DBZ.

6. Phoenix destroys Odin, especially if it's 100% PF. Odin without the Odinforce gets blinkstomped.

Thor is naturally much weaker than Odin (with the OF). Thor, at times, has used the OF, but not to the extent of Odin (and nowhere near as skillfully) and hence would still be weaker. Rune King Thor destroys Odin. Some people say he has ten times as much power as Odin.

#18 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

That list sucks a big one. My top ten is (in no particular order):

  • The One Above All
  • The Presence
  • Max Faraday
  • Mr. Mxy (at his most powerful)
  • Living Tribunal
  • Pre-Retcon Beyonder
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • The Great Evil Beast
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Elaine Belloc

Here's a modification to that list

  • The One Above All
  • The Presence
  • Man of Miracles
  • Max Faraday
  • Fulcrum (aka Jack the Bartender)
  • Living Tribunal
  • Pre-Retcon Beyonder
  • Pre-Retcon Molecular Man
  • One Above All (Celestial)
  • Tiamut
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • The Phoenix Force

Too many people to even list really...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#19 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173 said:

I'm sorry because i'm new to the comic world, but i have read people on this forum claim that Odin has gone toe to toe with Thanos and won their 1st battle.

Yes, Odin won against Thanos in a H2H struggle with Gungnir and OF (as usual). In fights, Odin always has the OF unless specified because it's a natural force for him. Base Odin isn't that powerful.

In the Marvel info page they state Galactus as being their most powerful villain.

Yes, and that's incorrect. In general, wiki's tend to have errors, and that is one. I just gave you wiki links so you could learn more about them, but Galactus isn't omnipotent. This rumoured "100% Galactus" (which can't exist, truthfully) is rumoured to be the equal of Eternity, but he isn't and it cannot be proved. Also, Galactus isn't exactly a villain, although it's more dependent on your interpretation of such. Galactus is not omnipotent.

Am i missing something?

It seems so.

Anyway no one has said anything about moving my thread to the general section.

I have in my recent post.

How?

Just PM or wall post a moderator.

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Here's a modification to that list

  • The One Above All
  • The Presence
  • Man of Miracles
  • Max Faraday
  • Fulcrum (aka Jack the Bartender)
  • Living Tribunal
  • Pre-Retcon Beyonder
  • Pre-Retcon Molecular Man
  • One Above All (Celestial)
  • Tiamut
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • The Phoenix Force

Too many people to even list really...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Celestial OAA is almost featless, except for telekinetically hurling Celestial machinery and failing to be harmed by Thor, which can be done by anybody. It's been stated that OAA is the most powerful Celestial, but even others have been stated likewise.

Also, where's GEB?

#21 Posted by autoexit173 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre or post 52?

Sorry i don't know what pre or post 52 means?

I was talking about Superman in the comics that i read Doomsday. The real superman that fight within the laws of physics.

So where would Phoenix rank in the top list?

#22 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Floopay said:

Here's a modification to that list

  • The One Above All
  • The Presence
  • Man of Miracles
  • Max Faraday
  • Fulcrum (aka Jack the Bartender)
  • Living Tribunal
  • Pre-Retcon Beyonder
  • Pre-Retcon Molecular Man
  • One Above All (Celestial)
  • Tiamut
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • The Phoenix Force

Too many people to even list really...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Celestial OAA is almost featless, except for telekinetically hurling Celestial machinery and failing to be harmed by Thor, which can be done by anybody. It's been stated that OAA is the most powerful Celestial, but even others have been stated likewise.

Also, where's GEB?

Again, too many to even name, Great Evil Beast could make the list easily. As could Galactus from the Black Celestial story arc (that was the one where he was going to devour the omniverse right?).

I think Abraxas was up there as well, but he was moreso abstract level. Sorcerer Supreme is supposed to be equal to or above the Vishanti right? Which would put whoever is in that position above abstract level (Doom, Strange, whomever).

Shuma Gorath, Classic Nightmare, or maybe Dormammu would be up there too. I think they are around Abstract level, in fact I think Dormammu took on Eternity and won on two separate occasions right?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: I've seen Galactus getting owned easily.

Strange doesn't equal the Vishanti by his own pure power, he uses the Vishanti's powers.

I would like to think the Abstracts are there too. No, Dormammu knocked himself out incapacitating Eternity, I believe, Shuma-Gorath in his home dimension was virtually omnipotent.

I think Cyttorak deserves a mention. Abraxas is considered the opposite of Eternity, I guess. I'm not sure if that makes them equals in power, but I haven't seen a lot of feats for Abraxas.

#24 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Floopay: I've seen Galactus getting owned easily.

Strange doesn't equal the Vishanti by his own pure power, he uses the Vishanti's powers.

I would like to think the Abstracts are there too. No, Dormammu knocked himself out incapacitating Eternity, I believe, Shuma-Gorath in his home dimension was virtually omnipotent.

I think Cyttorak deserves a mention. Abraxas is considered the opposite of Eternity, I guess. I'm not sure if that makes them equals in power, but I haven't seen a lot of feats for Abraxas.

That's because Abraxas was in all of 10 issues I think. And I'm referring to a specific alternate universe Galactus. They stated that his hunger he threatened to devour the entire omniverse. However, he instead devoured Tiamut, and that satiated him for the time being.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Alternate universe= non-canon.

#26 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@autoexit173 said:

Pre or post 52?

Sorry i don't know what pre or post 52 means?

I was talking about Superman in the comics that i read Doomsday. The real superman that fight within the laws of physics.

So where would Phoenix rank in the top list?

Before New 52, or after it? Superman is not that powerful post-52, but pre-52 is much more powerful.

100% Phoenix Force? She's multiversal, so I don't know exactly where but she's somewhere. White Phoenix of the Crown was holding universes in her hands.

#27 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA

The Presence

Great Evil Beast

Pre Retcon Beyonder

Pre Retcon Molecule Man

Doom with Beyonders Powers

Thanos with HOTU

HOM Scarlet Witch

Phoenix Force

Hand of God Ion/Zero Hour Parallax

#28 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@autoexit173 said:

According to this list, there is no Odin, Superman or Superman Prime, Super Vegetto or even Phoenix.

http://listverse.com/2009/10/13/top-10-most-powerful-comic-book-characters/

1. is that list accurate?

a. if what names would you change or add?

Welcome to the Vine, this thread should be in the General Discussion forums.

Anyways, that list is failure beyond comprehension for not including multiple beings that are truly high in power.

This is just a random smack-up list:

1. The One-Above-All

2. The Fulcrum

3. Demiurge (doesn't appear to have a page on our wiki)

4. The Presence

5. Max Faraday

6. Pre-retcon Beyonder / Pre-retcon Molecule Man

7. The Living Tribunal

8. Michael Demiurgos / Lucifer Morningstar

9. The Great Evil Beast (just because I feel GEB should be here)

10. Elaine Belloc

These are just beings, but if we count beings enhanced by items, I'd say Heart of the Universe Thanos would be above Living Tribunal and below Pr Beyonder.

Odin is nowhere near up here, at all.

I think Molecule Man is below Beyonder, just to let you know.

Man of Miracles should be up there. Where's Mad Jim Jaspers? Merlyn with his Sword? These are all above LT.

#29 Posted by Killemall (18463 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Thanos(without plot items) is above Imperiex and Anti-Monitor?

you cant argue with such a good list :)

Its a fact, The One Above All (celestial) > Living Tribunal :)

Thanos is indeed above Imperix and Anti-monitor, and apocalypse is more powerful than (Korvac, Phoenix Force, Spinx, In-Betweener so on and so forth)

Other popular characters like Michael, Lucifer, Spectre are so less impressive that they dont even get to be on a list that includes Thanos , Darkseid and Apocalypse :)

thats just how it is mate, thats just how it is.

Online
#30 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: I said in my post that I think Molecule Man is below Beyonder. Merlyn with his sword wouldn't exactly work, since the list was about beings, not beings and items or else I would have put HotU Thanos.

Right, MJJ.

#31 Posted by toby5678910 (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with prep =P

#32 Edited by Dextersinister (5921 posts) - - Show Bio

How come no one has the source listed.

Lets try but I'll try and stick with DC Marvel only

The definite's are:

God because he actually exists in the DC universe

TOAA which is practically God in the Marvel universe.

The Source which is was suppose to be God as intended by Kirby but was retconned as not being God DC never confirmed what it was just that it was immensely powerful source of faith and all that.

The Presence

The probably's:

Destiny of the Endless

Morningstar

Michael

Death of the endless

Online
#33 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: I said in my post that I think Molecule Man is below Beyonder. Merlyn with his sword wouldn't exactly work, since the list was about beings, not beings and items or else I would have put HotU Thanos.

Right, MJJ.

Merlyn without the sword should be on LT's level.

#34 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

How come no one has the source listed.

Because the Source is not a character. It is a force, it is omniscience.

@kingkronos: That depends on your interpretation. Honestly, the LT's power level seems to vary. But it is said that it's omnipotent and omniscient, although that could very well be overreaching:

#35 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: So? Odin was stated to be omnipotent in Marvel.....

#36 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Scans?

Besides, that is easily hyperbole, from an old comic, or in another non-canon reality.

Multiple canon sources (recent ones, too) say that the Tribunal is omnipotent and omniscient.

#37 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

#38 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Where's that from?

Besides, if they say Odin is omnipotence, that doesn't actually mean he is omnipotent.

#39 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Where's that from?

Besides, if they say Odin is omnipotence, that doesn't actually mean he is omnipotent.

Dunno.

I know. That's my point. You show me a scan of LT stated to be omnipotent and omniscient, and I say that it isn't necessarily true.

#40 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: It did not say the Tribunal was omnipotence. By saying "the living omnipotence" they are saying "the living power beyond our sight". Which might not be very much. Especially if they are blind. LOL.

#41 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: It did not say the Tribunal was omnipotence. By saying "the living omnipotence" they are saying "the living power beyond our sight". Which might not be very much. Especially if they are blind. LOL.

What are you trying to say? LT is not omnipotent? Which is the opposite thing of what you said earlier.

#42 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: No. It said Odin was the living omnipotence, that does not mean he is omnipotent. It means he is living power beyond their sight. And if they are blind, like I said before, their sight wouldn't matter very much LOL.

#43 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: No. It said Odin was the living omnipotence, that does not mean he is omnipotent. It means he is living power beyond their sight. And if they are blind, like I said before, their sight wouldn't matter very much LOL.

You are interpreting it wrongly.

#44 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: It said Odin was the "living omnipotence". Odin is omnipotence (total power/authority). Not Odin is omnipotent.

#45 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: It said Odin was the "living omnipotence". Odin is omnipotence (total power/authority). Not Odin is omnipotent.

That would actually mean that Odin is omnipotent.

#46 Posted by Dextersinister (5921 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Dextersinister said:

How come no one has the source listed.

Because the Source is not a character. It is a force, it is omniscience.

It took form and had a goal in death of the new gods.

Online
#47 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: That does not change the fact that it is omniscience. And still a force.

@kingkronos: You're not understanding me, are you?

#48 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: You the one not understanding the scan.

#49 Posted by ShootingNova (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: "The Living Omnipotence"?

#50 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

No it is not, Precence= TOAA