OP Tournament R1: deathhero61 vs malgramoro (VOTING)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacthripper

Welcome!!!

COME ABOARD!!!

Welcome to Comic Vine's first One Piece Tournament! In this tournament, characters will be exclusively used from the manga (and anime) One Piece. It's time to assemble your crew and search for treasure, the One Piece, justice, your dreams, or everything!

@deathhero61

• Luffy
    • Moriah
    • Garp

@malgramoro

• Sanji
    • Kaku
    • Doflamingo
    • Crocodile

Rules

• Win By KO, Incap, Death, No BFR
  • Morals on, in character
  • Standard Gear
  • Your team may have conflict of opinion, but will not fight, they will be given 5 minutes to talk
  • If there is anything you think needs to be added, tag me and ask
  • Voters, please don't make unnecessary comments

The fight will take place here

No Caption Provided

Good Luck!

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathHero61

@jacthripper: @malgramoro

Sorry about that. But lets get this done with quickly.

Monkey D. Luffy:

No Caption Provided

Luffy is the main character of the highly popular manga/anime One Piece. He plans on being the king of the pirates.

Superhumans are very common in the one piece universe.

No Caption Provided

This is normal in the one piece universe mind you and take note that sanji is physically weakest out of the monster trio(Zoro, Sanji and the one you are unfortunately fighting, Luffy.)

Here is the animated version

Loading Video...

Hell in luffy's first appearance he was already doing something equal to this. And he simply keeps getting stronger.

No Caption Provided

In one piece, Physical strength and durability and fighting skill are supreme. Versatility, precision, etc. are usually more rare cases. Luffy is a combination of straight up power, and versatility and fighting skill.

Before i go further on luffy's stats here is a good idea on his gum gum powers and how he uses them.

The gum gum fruit changes, his body into a rubber man. This may be but not limited to, organs, arms, legs, head, neck, even dangle parts. But we are not going to get into that. Because of his rubber body. Luffy can take all kinds of force far more easier. And is even practically immune to blunt force.

No Caption Provided

Now i am going to show you a compliatiation of luffy's moves. Not all of them obviously. But simply to give you a rough review on how he fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iPmYsVRUyVk&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404

Certain techniques like the Gum Gum Gatling and Storm involve a snap-back motion where Luffy's arms are sent stretching behind him, and then rocket back like a rubber band. The result is a barrage of super-powered punches that come so fast it creates the illusion that Luffy has grown extra arms.

No Caption Provided

Thats the thing.His punches gain more force due to stretching. More speed and force with each punch. He can either add speed or stretch out his hands further. He has multiple methods of attack like shown in the video. But one feat that stands out for luffy in terms of strength is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JmgH-9Ll5P4&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404

Luffy kicks Crocodile through a few feat of rock then luffy propels himself at an amazing speed and wails on crocodile through several feat of bedrock, the sheer impact of luffy's punches wrecking an entire city block.

Speed

In base form i never considering luffy hypersonic. At all. At the very best he is highly supersonic in base. But in terms of reaction speed he is in the massively hypersonic range if not hypersonic. Gear 2nd which we will talk about later is on an entirely different level of speed.

Here is luffy saving the life of zoro when he was about to be executed by rifle fire:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Allot later we see luffy dodging bullets in basically close range or from my perspective point blank, with a simple side step. Not an entire jump or anything. A side step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=kUwDx6dl0UQ&x-yt-cl=85114404&feature=player_embedded

The pistols in one piece are essentially no different from regular pistols

No Caption Provided

I don't think i need to go over durability really but there is something i want to clear up before anybody who is ignorant of one piece brings this up

Luffy is weak against cutting damage

Misconception. He is vulnerable to cutting damage. Not weak to it.

Zoro who is damn near equal to luffy. Peformed the onigiri one of his strongest slashing attacks and only left a small gash. No blood or anything. It was a shallow cut but even then this is zoro we are talking about. He is nearly just as strong as luffy is. So taking such a shallow cut from a superhuman like zoro says allot.(Even shallow cuts from knives would draw blood and its a common trope in anime for shallow cuts to draw blood. So that says allot on its own.)

Here is the link to the episode

Skip to 9:00

And to add:

I thank @nickzambuto for the scans presented.

During the Captain Kuro fight in East Blue, Jango's pendulum was slicing an entire forest down, it went through large trees like butter, yet Luffy stopped it with his head.

No Caption Provided

So his cutting durability is pretty good.

The only people who can threaten luffy with sharp attacks are Kaku and Donflamingo. I'll get to that later.

Anyway, luffy is a combat genius. He trained himself in close quarters combat and shown clear knowledge in the subject. Not martial arts wise but street fighting wise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=FQaq5-Aq3jQ&x-yt-cl=85114404&feature=player_embedded

Although you already saw some of luffy's fights, i am going to run you through them. Basically with context.

First against Richee the lion and his owner who's name i didn't bother to remember.

No Caption Provided

The lion was basically strong enough to break and slash through steel. This same lion proceeds to smack luffy through a house. Comes out completely fine as if nothing happened at all.

Later on Buggy shoots a powerful canon ball and luffy simply redirects it.

He is when he fights buggy.

No Caption Provided

A good example of how luffy fights and how he can think on his feet.

There isn't anything to really talk about here. Luffy's hat gets nicked, he gets pissed, and buggy's powers show to be useless now at this point of the fight.

Luffy continues to show off his genius like a boss by quickly figuring out out buggy's powers work and using that to save nami.

A minute or two later buggy comes back and luffy ends up sending him to another island entirely with gum gum bazooka.(I will get the sources to prove this if needed.)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We are going to skip a arc to the don krieg arc. But instead of a bunch of scans here is a video.

0:00-1:32 Luffy showing that sharp objects aren't an issue.

1:36-1:56 here is a good look on how powerful don krieg's explosive spear is. It busted a large piece of krieg's broken up ship.

2:28-3:32 Luffy yet again showing how much of a genius he is in combat.

3:37-4:38 Dodging another attacking from krieg then throwing a feint then proceeding to launch a physical assault on krieg

4:44-7:03 The end of Krieg and his "invincible armor" Which can easily tank canon fire and a casual slash from mihawk.

I am not going to provide too much context for the arlong arc. But i'll do my best.

.Arlong Arc

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arlong was one of luffy's physically toughest foes back in east blue. He can crush canonballs with his teeth. Doesn't sound impressive does it? Canonballs are ridiculously dense. Crushing it with only the force of your teeth would require a ridiculous about of force.

His men who were essentially fodder to him were capable of wrecking ships and moving giant rocks underwater.

No Caption Provided

And eventually the show down then begins.

No Caption Provided

Here we go.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

When he first walks in to arlong park after smacking around some fishman he goes on and sends arlong flying into a wall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You see this guy? Look at the size of him. Thats Mohmoo. A Cow fish somewhat. A pet of arlong's.

This is the special treatment luffy gives him the next time they meet at arlong park.

He grabs him picks him up and flings him all around, efficiently wiping out all the fodder as well as the fish creature effortlessly.

Well because of the stunt luffy pulled he put himself in an unfavorable situation. He is some context to how he tried to get out of it. He attempted to punch arlong before he can throw him into a lake but arlong caught the punch with his teeth. Same guy who crushed a cannonball with his teeth.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We are going to skip a few chapters and go straight to when luffy fights arlong.

Now here is when the real fight begins.

Here is luffy's "warm up" Launches a huge assault on Arlong.

Just to prove a point about species, and inferiority, luffy continues to act like an idiot while still beating the crap out of arlong.(Note the sword play wasn't simply for shits and giggles, after arlong caught one of them with his teeth luffy used that moment to hit him in the chin.)

I would show you the scans directly after where luffy tried to use arlong's teeth against him. But thats stupid and a waste of space. Lets skip ahead.

Arlong shortly had an advantage over luffy by using the water to increase his speed and strength. Not long after luffy countered this effortlessly.

Beating on him the way he did simply pissed off arlong and made him go all out, luffy was fighting an uphill battle at this point.

No Caption Provided

Arlong was overwhelming him and everything.

Shortly after luffy decides to end it all.

He smashes arlong through his own building with a single kick. This is right after he took a bite to the shoulder and neck from arlong. I don't think i need to further elaborate on that part but lets focus on the fact that right after that and after smashing arlong the building collapsed with him in it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you can see the bastard was perfectly fine. He was smiling and drinking with everyone else after this.

And to start off the skypeia saga lets look at luffy's most famous feat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=eDNKuBe0nsA&feature=player_embedded&x-yt-ts=1422579428

Nothing much to say here. Bellamy shows speed in at least in the hypersonic range. This is a good example of luffy's reflexes. Luffy never needed travel speed or agility in his combat style to fight those who are faster than him until the CP9 arc.

I won't go into the fight with enel, there are certain parts of the fight that will be important, especially considering who is luffy's opponent.. I will do that later on but i will throw in some highlights of said fight in this post but i will get into one of the big fights luffy got in on skypeia. His fight against Wiper.

No Caption Provided

He was essentially equal with him, reflexes, speed, luffy had an edge in endurance. Now you got a good idea on his explosive and heat resistance back then.

I thank @nickzambuto for the next section of the skypeia saga which i wanted to show you as one of the highlights. The golden ball feats.

Throughout the course of the series Luffy regularly displays the ability to break steel with his bare hands, topple buildings, and oneshot the strongest of superhumans. Additionally, Luffy is often shown to increase in strength quite dramatically in a short time. During the Skypia arc, Luffy had a large ball of solid gold melted onto his arm.

This ball is estimated to weigh in excess of 700 tons. Originally Luffy couldn't even move, but after a few minutes he was able to lift the ball over his head, run around with it, and eventually punch as if it wasn't there at all.

This ability to grow in strength rapidly is a consistent character trait for Luffy, and whenever it happened it was through sheer will.He similar to his crew mate zoro, push themselves to their utmost limits, even during a tough fight. But I digress, more importantly by the end of the Skypia arc, Luffy had grown strong enough that he was able to punch hard enough to visually break the sound barrier multiple times despite the golden ball still being attached to his arm, with Enel unable to dodge despite being MADE of lightning. The punch ended up breaking Enel's guard, pushing him hundreds of meters, oneshotting him, and completely shattering the golden ball in the process while also managing to ring the giant golden bell, which itself had to weigh an ungodly amount of tons. Luffy also did this while in midair with absolutely no leverage to his punch, just sheer upper body strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404&v=xo6IU0AfpE0&feature=player_embedded

So yeah thats pretty much it for what i call the 100 million saga(I call it that because from the beginning of his adventure up to this point is the road he went on to gain that bounty.) Next we will get to how he gained his 300 million bounty.(From the CP9 saga all the way to sabody) Then eventually we will get to the horrifying and far more impressive 400 million bounty feats(marineford to time-skip basically)

So thats is for luffy. Garp is pretty self explanatory.

Loading Video...

Can speed blitz the hell out of luffy and nobody not even Sanji(who happens to be on your team) could trace his movements.

Loading Video...

Punches the hell out of marco a top tier in the one piece universe.

BTW Garp is actually on admiral level. He chose not to be an admiral.

To support this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L1s_0KHRQo

What happened? Well i'll answer that, Chinjao is a man reknown for his powerful forehead strikes, which are literally powerful enough to split continents. And he has proven this back in his prime when he split the ice continent in two.

No Caption Provided

Garp actually managed to punch his forehead in with his level of strength.

No Caption Provided

Luffy punched him so hard that his forehead went back to its original shape.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That says allot for both luffy and garp.

Moriah would take far too much work to make a post for so here are these links.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Gekko_Moriah

http://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/8-character-profiles/761-character-profile-gekko-moriah

To sum up

• Sanji is extremely inferior to his captain, luffy, and is definitely inferior to his grandfather.
  • Kaku is far below pretty much any of the current strawhats. Which inlcude Luffy. And i am pretty sure moriah would wreck him himself. He will get one shotted.
  • Crocodile will be oneshotted.As of now he is inferior heavily.
  • The only team who are worth a damn is donflamingo and sanji. Sanji who can get stomped by luffy and donflamingo who is practically dead equal with luffy. Not that it matters since garp would one shot him.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Autowin, I'll have the last round up in a few, Mortein and I called a stalemate