• 84 results
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By RainEffect

On a side note, Onslaught is the biggest joke. He looks cool, yes, but even for comics standard, his origin is ridiculous.

Avatar image for chomponthis12589
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

Idk I don't think it's anymore farfetched than like Spider-man, Venom, Carnage, (most Spider-man characters actually), Phoenix, etc....... List could go on forever. I mean a radioactive spider?? or a living symbiote that attaches to a host that changes the hosts personality as well as having the ability to change into clothes? 

I mean I'm not arguing that Onslaught's origin is ridiculous, just that so are 60% of comic characters.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By RainEffect
@ChompOnThis12589 said:
Idk I don't think it's anymore farfetched than like Spider-man, Venom, Carnage, (most Spider-man characters actually), Phoenix, etc....... List could go on forever. I mean a radioactive spider?? or a living symbiote that attaches to a host that changes the hosts personality as well as having the ability to change into clothes?  I mean I'm not arguing that Onslaught's origin is ridiculous, just that so are 60% of comic characters.
Agreed, but comics are allowed to be fictional. What I'm saying is, Onslaught's origin makes no sense and is just ridiculous on a Samurai Jack sort of level. Charles and Erik had a massive mental psychic implosion and this justifies the creation of a cosmic-level entity? I mean, that's ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love fiction in comics; heck, that's why I read them. But as far as origins go amongst that 60% you mentioned, he's got to be one of the worst.
Avatar image for chomponthis12589
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

@RainEffect: Yeah not gonna argue the Onslaught idea was kinda weird how it all came to be. I just think the writers thought(or got the idea from fans) that the combining Magnetos power and Prof X's powers would be pretty ridiculous and would make a cool character. Throw in Franklin, Nate Grey and then Xavier going off his wagon just makes it even crazier.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Stronger

@DIZ said:

Galactus
WeaponXtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By WeaponXtreme

I think the problem with some of these answers is everyone saying "planetary" or "human" threat "only". There are so many mutants on "the planet earth" that defeat people like "super skulls" and the "shiar" it's ridiculous. Credit where it's due. The earth is a force to be reconded with. Not the normal humans of course lol. Onslaught would defeat Galactis easily. Lower level Psychics can take over Galactis's mind, so what do you think Onslaught would do? To be honest, and fair, all Galactis is really is a Giant HUGE guy who eats worlds...literally. His powers aren't really something to be like WOW. His size is what gives him those powers. He was there before the Big Bang, but he's not a God. He's a hungry dude who is so huge he needs to eat planets. That's like saying if I made an Elephant as big as Galactis that onslaught couldn't kill it. G-man's got beams coming from his eyes and he can eat big things.........and? Well he's not that fast, and last time I checked you don't need to be close to someone to use telepathy especially if you're a powerful one. I would think it goes something like this. Onslaught is trying to take over the world, and before the end is near and he's about to win, G-man comes and is hungry to eat the planet earth. Onslaught, being who he is, wont let it happen. Possibly would try to manipulate G-man's mind to control him to do his bidding, or he would try to kill him by warping reality and creating a black hole to suck G-man into. Ya, that dude onslaught is from earth and can do that. If ya wanna real good battle, pit Thanos Vs Onslaught. Thanos has infinity gauntlet, the cube, and a ton other things he's so bad ass, and onslaught is a beast. Both Solitary, Both geniuses, Both ridiculously powerful.

OldNorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Onslaught doing the psionic version of something along the lines of what Strange did to Galactus using magically means. Given Xavier, Nate Grey and Franklin Richard along with Magnetos abilities working to enhance them, this is a fight Galactus could very well lose.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dondave

Galactus

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onslaught beat phoenix jean effortlessly who is more powerful than phoenix Rachael who stale mated a weak galactus onslaught has a chance depends on how fed he is but they kind of screwed up onslaught at the end but he is returning soon so we will have better knowledge to base this on.

but right now he has 2 galactus level feats but not enough to take down galactus.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it, Onslaught is the greatest psionic in Marvel thus far, and Thanos punk'd Galactus (Galactus said he was being 'violated') so it's distinctly possible Onslaught could beat Galactus.

Hunter_Zolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onslaught is on the same level as Tyrant (maybe stronger), IMO.

That being said, I think he can win against Galactus.

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CharlieJade

Silver Surfer would give Onslaught a very difficult fight, maybe even beat him. Hulk and Thor who are pretty much nobody's next to Skyfathers Zeus and Odin were able to tear apart Onslaughts body. There is no way the big G is losing this. Xavier had trouble just getting Galactus to even notice him. As for Thanos challenging Galactus on the telepathic realm, Thanos has mindraped top tier heralds, Thanos and Surfer were pretty much the only people who really challenged Goddess in Infinity Crusades, he has went one on one with Odin, fought beyonder/cube level beings and midraped them, has displayed power beyond Xavier and Moondragon....it is very possible for Onslaught to lose a telepathy fight against Thanos.

Galactus eats planets, absorbing the energy of Onslaught for Galactus would be like having an afternoon snack.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/69048/1974732-thormjolnir177_strikingpoweruncanny_super.jpg

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charliejade:

no thanos needed Xavier's help against the goddess and Xavier entered beyonder's mind as well

Xavier is the better telepath and onslaught was worlds better they originally intended onslaught to be more powerful than hyperstorm but just didn't quite deliver.

Tattletale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Tattletale

@edamame said:

Onslaught is a match for Vulcan, Blackheart and Thor.

I personally think that Onslaught was slaughter Vulcan, at-least post-absorption. Pre-absorption would have some difficulty but I don't think he'd lose as Vulcan's confidence would lead to his own defeat.

Thor vs Onslaught, that's a good battle. Pre-absorption I'd say most likely Thor and post-absorption I'd say most likely Onslaught.

Now, Blackheart and Onslaught. I'm edging towards Onslaught, he is immune to Blackheart's telepathy seeing as his armor grants him telepathic immunity unlike Magneto's helmet grants him partial telepathic immunity except to certain high-level telepaths. Now, I think pre-absorption Onslaught would have great difficulty against Blackheart, probably lose but I find that post-absorption Onslaught would be a much more fair opponent who would likely win seeing as he possesses the reality warping abilities of childhood Franklin Richards. Also, Franklin Richards beat Mephisto in his own realm which I find impressive.

Now, for Onslaught vs Galactus. Pre-absorption Onslaught would easily be defeated. Post-absorption Onslaught would be on par with an greatly starving Galactus although Onslaught's powers have been compared to those of the Phoenix Force...

Batman12321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Batman12321

Onslaught curbstomp. X-man, Magneto, Professor X, and kid celestials see as godly(including galactus)? hmmmm...... ONSLAUGHT!!!!

Joel348

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactic has every single ability onslaught has plus more! Are forgetting that galactus arguably the oldest and strongest living being literally EVER. He can create a black hole so huge it can suck in multiple galaxies/universes. His telepathy and mind control & reality warping exceeds far beyond onslaughts. This would an easy win for Big G by far,maybe 3 onslaughts would give galactus a fair battle but onslaught alone would lose greatly. Galactus is a universe level threat,he just has to be hungry and your planet and life is done for.

Avatar image for alberto_weskardo
Alberto_Weskardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is easy if you compare Thanos' telepathy to Onslaught's.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus will have himself a crunchy snack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going too say Galactus on principle wins this but if Onslaught defeated Pheonix then probably Onslaught could very well win this.

Does anyone have scans of the Pheonix defeat?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going too say Galactus on principle wins this but if Onslaught defeated Pheonix then probably Onslaught could very well win this.

Does anyone have scans of the Pheonix defeat?

Considering this is correct, and the fact that he also has franklin richards' powers (who made galactus his herald) how is this a stomp in galactus' favour?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: it's not a stomp but galactus wins.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

fuzzy_narwhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus in a curbstomp. However, using abc logic, Franklin Richards is much stronger than Galactus, and Onslaught has the powers of Franklin, Nate, Magneto and Xavier combined so...

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus no problem

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Theoretically onslaught should win easily.

Sadly we don't go by theories on the vine, galactus takes this.

BlackJudas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onslaught doesn't live up to Galactus.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if onslaught was as powerful as he was meant to be he would win but they never gave him the feats to back it up.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus steps on him.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Galactus, especially if he found some chicken wings before the fight.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Noone301994
No Caption Provided

marvelnerd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus. Onslaught will pose some threat. Not much though.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By RabumAlal

@marvelnerd360: You seem new on the vine. It would be helpful to check the last comments date before making one yourself. You can avoid bumping old threads like that. Or just do whatever you want anyways :D Old threads are good. Welcome to the vine.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By 20damon

Big G absolutely stomps. Mismatch

Crafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galan

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onslaught.

marvelnerd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I congratulate you, @noone301994. Where did you find this? It is ridiculous but amazing.

Also, Galactus stomps.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

@marvelnerd360: if you want to tag Noonie, he doesnt go by that name anymore. His newest handle is NoOne1996.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Galactus Curbstomps.

-Fear Parallax.

guled120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By guled120

Full powered Onslaught would murder Galactus. We r talking about Franklin's RW (Franklin who made big G his Herald), Nate's tekekinesis (powerful enough to deflect the sun from earth with ease), plus Magneto and Professor X. I don't know ifall of his abilities r limitless but he is pretty much deadly.

Xoxo~::/Gossip~Guy!!!!!!!........???????

Emmett_frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onslaught do stand a chance against Galactus imo. If this was Franklin I would hv no doubt that most of u would vote for him against Galactus.

Onslaught has Franklin's power plus Nate's. Not to mention Magneto and the Professor. He can stomp Galactus like any other entities.

Normal Galactus is actually on the lowest level of the cosmic hierarchy.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having Franklin's power is not the same as being as good with them as Franklin is.

Galactus crushes him

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Huh? Galactus, of course.

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galan destroys him.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t understand this, Onslaught is a fusion of magneto, xavier, xman and Franklin Richards. How do so many people think Galan wins?