• 61 results
#1 Posted by Princess Noa (124 posts) - - Show Bio

So Dr. Doom and Onslaught meet randomly on the busy city street and they don't like each other. Who wins? 

Also, if Dr. Doom loses a random encounter, will a week of prep-time enable him to beat Onslaught? 

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (25009 posts) - - Show Bio

random encounter doom looses with prep time he has a shot

#3 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught will kill him in a random encounter but i dont know about the prep time

#4 Posted by CortSether (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Doom would win with prep time but in a random encounter Onslaught WTFPWNS Victor.

#5 Posted by lagoon_boy (10962 posts) - - Show Bio
onslaught wins fairly easy in a random encounter, but would get beaten with prep,
#6 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Doom will lose his first fight for sure. In second I can give him 20% chance for win.
Current Doom should win it without prep.

#7 Posted by CortSether (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
" Even with Prep Doom looses, because he already has.   Doom used a time machine and had the help of a powerful seer to find out the origins of Onslaught, he encountered Onslaught during it's creation on the astral plane and came fully prepared, having precognitive knowledge from his Seer and various devices just for the situation, he tried to use a device to siphon off the newly born entities energy and was nearly destroyed for his trouble.  This is what leads him to create another device that he tries to use on Onslaught before he is snatched up by  Iron Man and Hawkeye to join the heroes in their sacrifice. "
Well, I stand corrected in that case XD
#8 Posted by Edamame (28389 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught could only harm Dr. Doom if he is at full evolution and full power with his reality warping powers. Otherwise, he would not be a threat. 

#9 Posted by pooty (11541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Even without Franklins power you don't think Nate,Xavier, Magneto can take Doom? Is the MOD Doom?
#10 Posted by Edamame (28389 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: If it is current Doom, then no. TK, TP and Magneto's powers can't affect Doom. I don't know if Doom's defenses would dwindle after all that power level though.
#11 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom is currently powerful as hell. He killed the Watcher with one attack, even though it wasn't on panel. He tore his guts out. Nevertheless; Onslaught wins in both scenarios. Post Onslaught War, Doom was trying to take the Onslaught Power for himself, but couldn't.

#12 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" Dr. Doom is currently powerful as hell. He killed the Watcher with one attack, even though it wasn't on panel. He tore his guts out. Nevertheless; Onslaught wins in both scenarios. Post Onslaught War, Doom was trying to take the Onslaught Power for himself, but couldn't. "

I'd love to see some proof that it was in one shot. And Onslaught War was BS. doom can build devices to steal the power of PR Beyonder, Galactus, the Rouge Watcher, etc. and he can't take psionic energy? That's just silly.
#13 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher's Gambit said:

Sorry to burst your bubble there Lance Uppercut. Haha! Sounds like a Street Fighter move. LANCE UPPERCUT!!

Anyway, Doom built a device for the other two, but for Beyonder, Beyonder allowed it. He was curious how Doom would utilize his power. But it actually got to the point where it bored him and took his power back.

#14 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
"  @Cypher's Gambit said: Sorry to burst your bubble there Lance Uppercut. Haha! Sounds like a Street Fighter move. LANCE UPPERCUT!!Anyway, Doom built a device for the other two, but for Beyonder, Beyonder allowed it. He was curious how Doom would utilize his power. But it actually got to the point where it bored him and took his power back. "
I already stated that Doom took the power of Pre Retcon Beyonder. You're talking about after the Retcon. I know what happened. They also downgraded Beyonder in to a Cube being.
#15 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cypher's Gambit said:
"  @Cypher's Gambit said: Sorry to burst your bubble there Lance Uppercut. Haha! Sounds like a Street Fighter move. LANCE UPPERCUT!!Anyway, Doom built a device for the other two, but for Beyonder, Beyonder allowed it. He was curious how Doom would utilize his power. But it actually got to the point where it bored him and took his power back. "
I already stated that Doom took the power of Pre Retcon Beyonder. You're talking about after the Retcon. I know what happened. They also downgraded Beyonder in to a Cube being. "
I only recall Doom taking (borrowing) Beyonder's powers in Secret War. You're saying there was another time I wasn't aware of?
#16 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cypher's Gambit said:
I already stated that Doom took the power of Pre Retcon Beyonder. You're talking about after the Retcon. I know what happened. They also downgraded Beyonder in to a Cube being. "
I only recall Doom taking (borrowing) Beyonder's powers in Secret War. You're saying there was another time I wasn't aware of? "
Secret Wars was before the event you're referencing. He only took (not borrowed) Beyonders power in Secret Wars. Then they retconned the event as Beyonder's subconscious need to grant the desires of others.
#17 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it was Secret War when Doom takes Beyonder's power. What's the other Issue's name? (&number)

#18 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" I'm pretty sure it was Secret War when Doom takes Beyonder's power. What's the other Issue's name? (&number) "
It was Secret Wars. I just told you that.
#19 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cypher's Gambit said:
" I'm pretty sure it was Secret War when Doom takes Beyonder's power. What's the other Issue's name? (&number) "
It was Secret Wars. I just told you that. "
But you mentioned a "after Secret Wars" Doom/Beyonder.
#20 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

D@mmit, where is Morpheus with his Onslaught scans when you need him... Dude extinguished Phoenix.

#21 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" D@mmit, where is Morpheus with his Onslaught scans when you need him... Dude extinguished Phoenix. "
Tell me about it. That's what we need right now. Onslaught scans.
#22 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" D@mmit, where is Morpheus with his Onslaught scans when you need him... Dude extinguished Phoenix. "
IIRC, that was all in Jeans mind. doesn't she normally wear a specific costume when in possession of the PF?'

I'll post the scans though.

Yeah, that was all on the Astral Plane. Apocalypse in his physical body managed to  take on Onslaught on the Astral Plane.
#23 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: Thanks, I was wondering what had happened there
#24 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cypher's Gambit said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Cypher's Gambit said:
It was Secret Wars. I just told you that. "
But you mentioned a "after Secret Wars" Doom/Beyonder. "
No I didn't. I said you're talking about events that were retconned after the only encounter they've ever had. I never said there was a subsequent occurrence of it.
#25 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
IIRC, that was all in Jeans mind. doesn't she normally wear a specific costume when in possession of the PF?'

I'll post the scans though.

Yeah, that was all on the Astral Plane. Apocalypse in his physical body managed to  take on Onslaught on the Astral Plane. "
This was the weakest version of Onslaught. In fact, it was before the Onslaught War. The entity you see, there is Xavier (before he absorbed Magneto)
#26 Posted by Cypher's Gambit (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

ONSLAUGHT!!!!!!!

#27 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio

doom already prepared .............kneel befor doom, his magic should at least repel onslaughty 

#28 Posted by Edamame (28389 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never seen Dr. Doom being able to affect opponents made out of pure psionic energy. 

#29 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. I'm still curious and this seems to be pretty evenly matched arguments

#30 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught, easily

#31 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught in a stomp.
#32 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Doom with prep.
#33 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom can win this only with prep.

#34 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF Onslaught would rape him to death.
#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
I think Doom would win with prep time but in a random encounter Onslaught WTFPWNS Victor.
#36 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught absolutely destroys Dr. Doom.  Doom was on the sidelines during the whole fight trying to gather energy for later purposes.  I don't see any way of Doom harming Onslaught in any way.
#37 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught wins the random fight, but Dr. Doom once stole the Beyonder's power. 

Doom could win the second one with prep.

#38 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

So Doom wins with prep, Onslaught without
#39 Posted by ChompOnThis12589 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe this is even a match up.... Onslaught completely stomps Dr. Doom out of existence.

#40 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Out_of_Space said:
Doctor Doom can win this only with prep.
#41 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom wins. A random encounter for Dr. Doom is Dr. Doom with prep. 
He's a walking  deus ex machina  duuuh!

#42 Posted by Nefarious (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom would need to acquire a lot of preparation time to defeat Onslaught. It is obvious that he would lose in a random encounter with this monster.

#43 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom with prep.
#44 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Doctor Doom can steal/absorb power from PR Beyonder, Galactus, Asgardians, Nightmare, Life Force (Reality warping from HoM) etc but couldn't defeat Onslught? That is inconsistent. If Iron Man can blast the Phoenix Force into pieces, Doom could/should defeat Onslaught with prep. 10/10. Especially if Doom is morals off and trying to use the power for a greater purpose. There's no way he shouldn't be able to make Onslaught a battery of psionic power. IMO. He's done more impressive things vs far more powerful foes. Random Encounter - Onslaught 8-9/10 With prep - Doom 10/10

#45 Posted by terry2012 (5725 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supermanwithatan01: This.

#46 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught.

#47 Edited by The_Young_Wolf (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom failed to beat onslaught with a time machine and prep during the onslaught arc. What makes anyone think he can beat him in a random encounter?

#48 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

-Random encounter:

Onslaught can beat 1960's Dr. Doom in a random encoounter, but he would lose to any version of Doom passed 2005.

-Prep time:

Any version of Dr. Doom passed 1980 save for 1997-2000 Doom can beat Onslaught with prep.

#49 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3902 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Young_Wolf said:

Doom failed to beat onslaught with a time machine and prep during the onslaught arc. What makes anyone think he can beat him in a random encounter?

IIRC we don't actually know if Doom would have failed. He never got to attempt it. The machine Doom built to drain Onslaught of his power was destroyed by Hawkeye when he and Iron man confronted Doom. And since when has Doom created a device for siphoning power that didn't work. He's drained PR Beyonder, Galactus (twice), Silver Surfer, Life Force, Nightmare, Franklin Richards (child), Asgardian power... etc.. I see no reason why onslaught would be any different. Especially with Onslaughts peak power being Franklins reality warping which Doom has absorbed twice. (Life Force via a spell, Franklin via his suit). 

@TheSecondOpinion said:

-Random encounter:

Onslaught can beat 1960's Dr. Doom in a random encoounter, but he would lose to any version of Doom passed 2005.

-Prep time:

Any version of Dr. Doom passed 1980 save for 1997-2000 Doom can beat Onslaught with prep.

Agreed with this basically lol

Edit:
Plus after MOD and Unthinkable (both after Onslaught arc) Doom's magic has been waaaaay more advanced. more powerful than ever (besides when he was Sorcerer Supreme and defeated Dormammu in the what if). Between having his intellect on par with Reed (sometimes even besting Richards) and seeming to get an insane magic powerboost over the last decade, Doom could give Onslaught a better fight than back then. with prep its overkill in Dooms favor imo
#50 Posted by comic_book_fan (5840 posts) - - Show Bio

onaslaught stomps without prep Doom might win with prep but it won't be easy.