which baldy takes it?

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Super_Mod

@ssj_god: Does Saitama get his web comic feats?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In that case, I think that one or two of Saitama's "super serious" punches could seriously wreck Nappa.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama with ease, early DBZ characters are not very physically powerful.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

Saitama with ease, early DBZ characters are not very physically powerful.

In that case, I think that one or two of Saitama's "super serious" punches could seriously wreck Nappa.

nappa did shrugged off a blast which one shotted the moon though

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nappa already has planetary+++ durability through power scaling

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

True but Saitama one-shotted a blast that was stated to be able to destroy the planet while simultaneously splitting said blast, killing Boros in the process -- the earth is obviously larger than the moon.

pern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By pern

Nappa.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

True but Saitama one-shotted a blast that was stated to be able to destroy the planet while simultaneously splitting said blast, killing Boros in the process -- the earth is obviously larger than the moon.

it is... but we don't know the actual effect of that attack of boros' ... but taking what he said... i'd say that serious series punch can harm nappa a bit?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Frieza tried to kill Namek Goku by throwing a slow-moving mountain at him. It didn't work, but Frieza tried it which means he expected it to do something. Nappa is like a child compared to Namek Goku, so there you go.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

@ssj_god: Frieza tried to kill Namek Goku by throwing a slow-moving mountain at him. It didn't work, but Frieza tried it which means he expected it to do something. Nappa is like a child compared to Namek Goku, so there you go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saitama

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By le0nhart

@beware_my_power said:

there is a theory that says DBZ characters have different Ki blast durability than physical durability, unless Gohan head-butting raditz was moon busting which is abusrd imo ^_^

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nappa via Giant Storm

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: plus, how is vegeta's most powerful technique (at the time) only a tier or so above one of piccolo's tiny moon busting energy blast?

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart: With some of the logic I've seen with these DBZ characters, gohan's headbutt being moonbusting isn't too far off to some people on CV.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Ki Durability =/= Physical Durability

Punching a small rock mountain apart is alot less than a moon busting Ki blasts. Striking Strength feats that harms DBZ characters <<<<<<<<<<< Ki Blasts feats.

DBZ fans seem to not understand their own material.

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By le0nhart

@sirfizzwhizz: @beware_my_power:

here is a question that i always asked myself when discussing this point

let's say that there is a non-dbz character called Z with planet level durability, who do you think would do more damage to him

A- Roshi's moon busting kamehameha

B- a punch from Super Vegetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: Because power doesn't go up proportinate to power level, that's pretty obvious when you look at feats.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama wears him down pretty quickly

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nappa.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Saitama wearing him down.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama punches a hole through his chest.

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart said:

let's say that there is a non-dbz character called Z with planet level durability, who do you think would do more damage to him

Roshis Kamehameha. If its a non DBZ character. As I said earlier, DBZ Strength is PATHETIC in feats to their Ki output. In canon base Goku as per Buu saga could barely lift 40 tons.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power: Ki buffing is an active ability, not passive. In Gohan's case, he did catch Radditz completely off guard. You can't really ki-buff your defense when you don't even expect the attack. Also Piccolo didn't bust a moon yet, and when he did it produced sweat and caused him to pant, insinuating that it took a degree of effort from a stronger version. In short, Radditz didn't fight anyone who could bust a moon (unless we disregard Roshi's feat being an outlier or take power levels alone as indisputable proof, which I dont. I take them as supporting evidence if something else exists) and in fact has less durability than his own output...

...which is the case with all dbz characters. That's the part they don't get. Ki defense and ki offense are two different things applied two different ways, having one does not mutually mean the other is on par.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Saitama.

Striking strength>>>>>Lifting strength

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart said:

Roshis Kamehameha. If its a non DBZ character. As I said earlier, DBZ Strength is PATHETIC in feats to their Ki output. In canon base Goku as per Buu saga could barely lift 40 tons.

All of that is bull. Energy is energy; the same energy DBZ characters use for super strength is the same energy they fire as beams. Even in real life, punches and bombs both release energy, though differing amounts.

If someone like Frieza who has survived an exploding planet while half-dead gets one-shotted by a punch from Gohan, it means Gohan's punch contained more power than an exploding planet. There is no distinction between the energy released in a punch and the energy released by an explosion, both in real life and in DBZ. People really need to stop making up theories to lowball characters.

By the way, Goku was really lifting 400 tons (considering KK's planet has 10x Earth's gravity, and weight is the force of gravity on an object) and that was early Saiyan Saga. Goku by EoS is in a completely different tier.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: the 400ton bit is from Buu Saga as Goku didn't have Super Sayian form & he was dead.

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@le0nhart said:

All of that is bull. Energy is energy; the same energy DBZ characters use for super strength is the same energy they fire as beams. Even in real life, punches and bombs both release energy, though differing amounts.

If someone like Frieza who has survived an exploding planet while half-dead gets one-shotted by a punch from Gohan, it means Gohan's punch contained more power than an exploding planet. There is no distinction between the energy released in a punch and the energy released by an explosion, both in real life and in DBZ. People really need to stop making up theories to lowball characters.

By the way, Goku was really lifting 400 tons (considering KK's planet has 10x Earth's gravity, and weight is the force of gravity on an object) and that was early Saiyan Saga. Goku by EoS is in a completely different tier.

i agree with you regarding energy and all that, however, Frieza surviving Namek does not give him planet busting durability because the energy of an explosion spreads in all directions, and if you do the math the total amount of energy that hit Frieza won't be more than 300 Megatons of TNT

regarding the 40 ton feat, i don't really use lifting strength for striking power specially in DBZ since everything depends on KI, however Goku wasn't on king kai's planet and it was in the buu saga not Saiyan Saga

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@etheral_dreams: epic fail. The 40 toms of weights was Buu saga lol.

Also if Frieza and Vegeta can bust planets with a punch then they should done so instead of using Ki Energy attacks that were countered, no character showed planet busting punches or even moon busting. Epic fail again.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By flashback0180

@le0nhart said:

@beware_my_power said:

there is a theory that says DBZ characters have different Ki blast durability than physical durability, unless Gohan head-butting raditz was moon busting which is abusrd imo ^_^

Gohans head butt broke through a space pod that tanked Nappas city busting blast without a scratch in ground zero.

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart said:

@beware_my_power said:

Gohans head butt broke through a space pod that tanked Nappas city busting blast without a scratch in ground zero.

still way below moon busting, unless that was a focused moon busting+ blast

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except Frieza surviving namek has nothing to do with durability, its his unique makeup,(Spoilers) in the new movie he blows up earth in a last ditch attempt, Whis shields people from the blast(But they have planet level durability++?...lol why the shield). A true planet busting attack is the one when Goku was charging his kamehameha against cell the z fighters were especially worried(But they have planet level durability++?...lol). Or Vegeta's final flash. Their average ki or punches are no where near that level. Cell has been hurt by being thrown into rocks. Split durability is a bitch.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caped Baldy.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By flashback0180

Also if Frieza and Vegeta can bust planets with a punch then they should done so instead of using Ki Energy attacks that were countered, no character showed planet busting punches or even moon busting. Epic fail again.

Goku threw a 100 + ton piccolo, toriyama is known for his forgetfulness.

Also

different writers use different physics, all that matters is the potency behind the punch, goku nearly killed racoom with a punch , the same racoom who tanked vegetas best attacks. a planet with a punch is far more unrealistic. Especially considering toriyamas work and art style , ( http://i.imgur.com/SYJvDLr.jpg)

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Ki energy attacks are more visually appealing to the audience and are a greater display of power. It's for aesthetic reasons, not logical ones. For example, I could ask the question "If Flash is fast enough to outrun the Big Bang, instantly traverse the time stream, and cover every inch of Earth in a zeptosecond, how come he doesn't capture every criminal on Earth and every future criminal and dump them in the speed force?" A. It's practical, but the practicality of it takes away from the viewing experience and makes battles with the Flash less memorable. Nevertheless, your question is a red herring and only distracts from the fact you cannot logically prove me wrong.

On top of that, where was it ever stated that they haven't destroyed planets or moons through sheer physical power? It has happened before (e.g. Beerus flying through the planets in his nebula, destroying them in the process; Goku punching through King Kai's planet; Goku and Pikon shattering the moons around them when they fought.)

- You don't seem to understand the most basic of logic, so I'll break it down as simply as possible. Fact: Frieza has survived exploding planets while already half-dead and drained of ki, meaning his base durability with no ki amp is at least planet level, though he was badly KOd. Fact: Gohan has one-shotted a resurrected Frieza with a punch. If it takes at least planet busting energy to send FInal Form Frieza into a coma - let alone make his body explode into vapor like what Gohan's punch did - then, the energy from that punch must be comparable at the low-end to an exploding planet.

There's more than one way of demonstrating the power of an attack than collateral damage. If someone told you/showed you it took 500 newtons of force to break a door, and another person managed to break the door in a single hit, then it's quite obvious that hit contained 500+ newtons of force. Similarly, if someone is shown to survive planet busting attacks and gets one-shotted by a hit, that hit must have planet busting+ force.

Simple.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Punching a small rock mountain apart is alot less than a moon busting Ki blasts. Striking Strength feats that harms DBZ characters <<<<<<<<<<< Ki Blasts feats.

No Caption Provided

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

No Caption Provided

question, when was this ever stated or implied? Energy is energy. Punches and explosions are two different forms of damage, but they both cause damage by releasing a certain amount of energy.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: But they still cant tank a planet explosion in revival of f. Inb4 the bs potency claim, Frieza's attack was a magma core reaction.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: it has everything to do with durability, he was vaporized by trunks ki blast.

I find it laughable that you think gold form freezas suicide attack was just as powerful as a nemmk saga freezas planet bust attack, which he himself has stated he would survive.

Just because it destroyed earth doesn't mean that's all it could it destroy, also berus destroyed planets by contacting them with pure force, you fail to realize that Bulmer was also along with the survivors.

Hell your entire argument is debunked by the fact that cell tanked ssj2 gohans planet +++ kamahameha wave. He only lost his legs in that blast, while his entire body was still intact

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@etheral_dreams: But they still cant tank a planet explosion in revival of f. Inb4 the bs potency claim, Frieza's attack was a magma core reaction.

That and DBZ striking feats are weak in comparison. Simple as that.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to need to see the video because I feel like there's a lot of missing context. And even if there is no missing context, that can be dismissed as an outlier since we have far more instances indicating planet+ durability than those indicating otherwise.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Saitama.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys said:

That and DBZ striking feats are weak in comparison. Simple as that.

Not denying that their ki beams are generally much more powerful than punches, I think that's obvious. I'm just saying, a ki beam from Saiyan Saga Goku is less powerful than a punch from EoS Goku.

BALEE_DATTTTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart said:

That's silly and an outlier. Goku was able to flip over Giant Picolo by the finger, who at his size would been over 50 tonnes, and this was in DB. And striking power matters more in a fight anyway and Tien was easily blocking blows from guys that could send people across countries, again in DB.

DBZ's energy busting and tanking is more impressive than there physical capabilties, but your lowballing.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180:

Frieza's attack has nothing to do with it jesus, he causes a magma chain reaction within the earth.

Freeza sends a ball of energy straight into the ground below him. The Earth’s crust cracks and distorts, revealing magma underneath that rushes to the surface. Earth is engulfed in fire, and explodes in a giant shockwave.

Only Beerus, Whis, and those near them survive the destruction, thanks to Whis’ barrier. Its the same technique he used to destroy planet Vegeta. You can even see the magma rush to the top in some of the trailers, if people took the time to watch them properly. They cant tank a planet exploding.