Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By SightlessReality

Captain Cold due to Saitama being in character. Only if Saitama doesn't find a way around the Cold Field.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

cold wins

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MaZeRaIII

One Punch Man.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Saitama shown to be as fast as Flash in the web comic?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By micah007123

@darthaznable: He easily dispatched a FTL opponent in the comic, and was shown moving so fast casually debris apparently froze in mid-air.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain cold lol lame

who created this terrible looking character. Looks like a 1994 B-Rated horror movie killer.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@darthaznable: He easily dispatched a FTL opponent in the comic, and was shown moving so fast casually debris apparently froze in mid-air.

Okay but has he blizted anyone at ftl speeds? I tried looking up that feat but it seems he just reacted to it. CC can react to Flash.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By micah007123

@micah said:

Okay but has he blizted anyone at ftl speeds? I tried looking up that feat but it seems he just reacted to it. CC can react to Flash.

Not from what I've seen. He's proven numerous times to be able to deal with blitzes ranging from massively hypersonic to lightspeed and beyond casually, but I don't think he's exerted himself in battle enough to actually blitz lol.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Captain Cold is always an iffy character to beat if you don't know he can produce a cold field. Even speed blitzing is troublesome because he has reacted to the Flash on a number of occasions. Though it can be said that Saitama has never encountered anything that could hurt or stop him in his universe, I don't necessarily believe he could overcome the cold field as most the things he's overcome were more physical.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Wait, who was FTL that he dispatched in the comic?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By micah007123

@dredeuced said:
@micah said:

Lightspeed Flash was his name I believe. He hasn't appeared in the redrawn stuff yet.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: That's the problem I'm having here. I think he has the means but in character, he won't use them. I don't see him getting past CC's cold shields that also slow down speedsters as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama via thunder clap maybe?

who created this terrible looking character. Looks like a 1994 B-Rated horror movie killer.

I like cheesy hero/villain costumes, they have a certain charm to them. I'm particularly fond of the Golden Age Batman and Flash costumes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: He could always throw a mountains worth of rock on it for a incap. In cap being CC needing to maintain the cold field otherwise death.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By micah007123

@darthaznable said:

@micah: That's the problem I'm having here. I think he has the means but in character, he won't use them. I don't see him getting past CC's cold shields that also slow down speedsters as well.

You got a point. So question has the cold field always been the reason why Cold has been able to react and tag Flash on a consistent basis? Even back in the old days. And also what's the range of the field?

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash's Rouge gallery is pretty underrated.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dredeuced

@micah said:
@dredeuced said:
@micah said:

Lightspeed Flash was his name I believe. He hasn't appeared in the redrawn stuff yet.

Despite his name, Lightspeed Flash never goes lightspeed. This has been gone over dozens of times on this forum. Heck, in his fight with Garou they even give him a freaking clock detailing all his actions and how fast they are and it's nowhere NEAR lightspeed.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By midnightdragon18

Captain Cold for obvious reasons

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I think it can be said that One simply used a simple stop watch for the time frame. Can't really say he did any actual research on the matter.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@dredeuced said:
@micah said:

Despite his name, Lightspeed Flash never goes lightspeed. This has been gone over dozens of times on this forum. Heck, in his fight with Garou they even give him a freaking clock detailing all his actions and how fast they are and it's nowhere NEAR lightspeed.

Really? Did not know that. How fast was he moving based on the clock if you could estimate? Also what about that time stop feat I keep hearing about? Saitama moving so fast debris and other things moving stopped in mid-air.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SightlessReality

@micah: That's him getting kicked to the moon and then jumping back.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DarthAznable

@micah said:
@darthaznable said:

You got a point. So question has the cold field always been the reason why Cold has been able to react and tag Flash on a consistent basis? Even back in the old days. And also what's the range of the field?

Not sure on the first question. Here's what I found on his cold field though. He's fast enough to tag flash so his reaction time is up there too.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By micah007123
Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dredeuced

@micah said:
@dredeuced said:
@micah said:
@dredeuced said:
@micah said:

Really? Did not know that. How fast was he moving based on the clock if you could estimate? Also what about that time stop feat I keep hearing about? Saitama moving so fast debris and other things moving stopped in mid-air.

It's been ages but we highballed the Garou blitz with the clock thing at Mach 300. It could be anywhere as low as mach 15 or so, really. The problem comes in not knowing exactly how far away from Garou he is when he starts his "blitz." The Mach 300 number comes from assuming 100 meters away, which is almost certainly overestimating it. He can deliver 17 hits in a millisecond which, I mean, cool I guess but nowhere near lightspeed.

From there the problem becomes estimating how fast Garou and Saitama are, as they are much faster than Flash.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By micah007123

@sightlessreality: Wow these redrawn chapters really need to hurry up. That's probably the instance I keep hearing about lol.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By micah007123

@micah said:
@dredeuced said:
@micah said:
@dredeuced said:
@micah said:

It's been ages but we highballed the Garou blitz with the clock thing at Mach 300. It could be anywhere as low as mach 15 or so, really. The problem comes in not knowing exactly how far away from Garou he is when he starts his "blitz." The Mach 300 number comes from assuming 100 meters away, which is almost certainly overestimating it. He can deliver 17 hits in a millisecond which, I mean, cool I guess but nowhere near lightspeed.

From there the problem becomes estimating how fast Garou and Saitama are, as they are much faster than Flash.

Based on the 17 hits if I'm right he might be within microsecond range for combat speed. But your right he still wouldn't be lightspeed.