Omega Red(hydrabob) vs Agent Zero(DedmanWalkin)

• 86 results
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DedmanWalkin
@DedmanWalkin said:
" I assume that he'll be carrying Dual Desert Eagles with laser sights loaded with regular bullets. He'll likely be wearing his vibranium armor and I'd like his adamantium coated knife. Anything else would be gravy.  "
This was my exact post from one page back, see the bolded word.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DedmanWalkin

The great thing about laser sights is that the bullet doesn't go where the laser sight is pointed, it goes above or to the side or under depending on where the laser sight is on the gun. As an experienced marksman, Zero would know this and account for it in his shots. Omega Red would never see the laser in his eyes as it would be in somewhere around his eye.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

The laser would have to go near his eye unless Agent Zero was trying to be careful to avoid that which take a lot of time and concentration, which would allow Red to grab and drain or remove the gun from his hand.

also I don't see why Red wouldn't deflect the bullets as he has done it before to low caliber bullets  

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Exactly, it would go near his eyes but not on his eyes, he'd miss the shot if it went on his eyes. 

He isn't deflecting the small arms fire from the soldiers he is deflecting the larger arms fire from the chopper that is shooting at him. Also, if I am not mistaken that is Carbonadium Poisoned Omega Red whose durability was not at the level you are currently using.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it would take him much longer to and he would have to actually think about avoiding his eyes which something i doubt he would think to do.

pretty sure the guys with guns are shooting at him and he is deflecting them with his tentacles, and I don't see why i can't use a scan from poisoned as it's even weaker than the one i am using. I bet your going to show Agent Zero's mutant power when he is in his Maverick suit.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Agent Zero is a sniper who has used guns for most of his life, he knows how to shoot. As I explained, if the laser is in the eye then it would cause him to miss.  

When he had Carbonadium Poisoning, he had to fight differently from when he was fully powered as you are using him. He couldn't run around tanking bullets. Look at the position of the tentacle, it is in position to stop weapons fire from above not the small arms fire from below. He won't even think to block after Zero has been pelting him for awhile.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all i am saying is that he isn't going to try and make sure that the laser doesn't pass over his eye, and once the lase goes over his eye that will cause Red to close them or put his hands up to cover them.

the tentacle is probably in high position because the bullets are being shot at his head.

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By PirateKing69

good that this debate is going good luck guys

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DedmanWalkin

If the laser passes over the eye before he shoots, he misses the shot. Agent Zero has trained with these exact handguns for most of his career, he'll be able to make the shot without tipping off Omega Red. 

Look at the picture, he has 2 sets of things shooting at him, 1 is a group of people carrying hand guns while the other is a chopper carrying heavy weapons. Who do you block? Exactly, his tentacle is too high to be blocking the gunmen.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think he is not going be careful or care enough to make sure that he avoids Red's eyes when he is lining up his shot.

The Chopper looks to be only shining a light on him not shooting since the light is much dimmer and much more even than the ones fired from the guns that you see.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DedmanWalkin

When Zero is firing on him previous to Omega Red closing the distance, he won't be careful about where he shoots and could very well move his laser pointers over his eyes several times. Heck, he could make sure to do this to throw Omega Red off. The fact is that Omega Red will have already tanked several shots and will not think any about the next 2 shots that will blind him temporarily. 

Its further away, that might be the reason for the dimness of the chopper's guns. Also, you never addressed the fact that you are using a carbonadium poisoned Omega Red scan, which had him using tactics that he might not have at full power to compensate for the weakness. Those are SHIELD agents with handguns for pete's sake, Omega Red has taken on much greater numbers of soldiers with assault rifles with no problem before. 

How about you post your own scenario for how this might go down?

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alright I'm sure that Agent Zero can hit his body with his shots, but can you show me a scan where he is able to be as accurate as shooting someone in the eye (doesn't have to be exactly that just some kind of accuracy feat) 

Carbonadium Poisoned Omega Red has taken hits from Colossus as well there is isn't that much of a difference in his durability between the two, which is why i showed a scan of poisoned Red blocking bullets, also if the Helicopter was shooting at him the artist would have put it in the center instead of shoving it in the corner.

Well as i said Omega will start from the stage and work his way over to Agent Zero, quickly since he has pissed him off so many times in the past, Zero will be able to get a few shots off I'm guessing about 2 or 3 before Red is at him. When they are in close range Zero is going to go for his corrosive touch, but he has to be a lot closer than Red needs to be, Red can grab him from 10 ft away with one tentacle and either drain him or stab him with the other. 

Mine isn't really as creative as yours, but I don't really have to depend on something as difficult as shooting someone in the eye.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DedmanWalkin

From Comicvine: 
"Christoph has been a spy, a soldier, an assassin, and a mercenary, and as such he is greatly skilled in unarmed combat. For the last 50 or more years, all that Maverick has done is hone his body into a killing machine. He is well-trained in the use of many weapons, and is considered to be an expert marksman of the highest caliber. Even without his powers, he is certainly a force to be reckoned with." 
From Wikipedia.org:
"North is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant and covert operative. He is also an expert marksman, skilled in the use of virtually all types of firearms."
From Marvel.com:
"Agent Zero is a deadly hand-to-hand combatant, a precision marksman, and an expert in covert operations and demolitions."

Those bolded parts all indicate that he is a highly skilled marksman. When he was tasked with killing Wolverine, he told the Director that he had missed. The Director did not believe him because he knew that he could make the shot without a problem. I have a friend who is a cop with 5 years on the force that can make that could shoot someone in the eyes at 20 feet no problem. Zero has 50 years of combat experience against foes with enhanced speed. The shots should be no problem for him at 20 feet. Heck, Omega Red's eyes are red so that make an even easier target for him to shoot. 

Do you have more of the scan? So that we can get context.

As to your scenario:
At that range, Agent Zero switches to his knife and fends off Red's tentacle. The other tentacle he uses his concussive force blast to knock it away. He then retreat back and begins my strategy.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dude come on I can exaggerate on anyone's Wiki too, show me a scan something to back up what your telling me he can do, if he is that good of a shot it shouldn't be that hard. As for your friend the cop, I doubt he could shoot someone who is rushing at him in the eye, he could probably hit them in the head or the neck, but the eye I'm really doubting it.

no i don't have anymore of that scan, I can post it on the what is this from thread and see if I get a response but i doubt anyone is going to know.

one of his tentacles could grab his arm and break it with ease, a knife isn't going to hold him off. I've already pointed out the flaws in your strategy.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I would normally agree with you on the Wikipedia point but that is why I added many other sources like Marvel.com which is not open to user modification like the former. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes that Agent Zero couldn't make the shot. I don't generally have access to scans, as I generally read things from the library. Again, the Director of Weapon X did not believe that Zero could miss the shot against Wolverine. He also has awesome laser sights to help him.

Of course my cop friend couldn't do it with Omega Red bearing down on him but then again my cop friend has never been in a situation where a soviet super soldier is bearing down on him. Agent Zero has numerous times. Most humans my friend has had to draw his weapon on immediately stop.

No breaking his arm is not a possibility as that would require concussive force that he could absorb and use to increase his durability which when combined with his vibranium armor will make him practically invulnerable to that type of attack. Wolverine's claws hold off Red's tentacles all the time so his adamantium knife should have no problem.  

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The term expert marksman is over used, anyone that shoots a gun is pretty much considered a expert marksman, since all comic book characters are supposed to be above human levels in everything. You know you can go to Agent Zero's other Battle Threads and look for scans there, or if you can tell me an issue # so I can check your feat myself.

I wasn't saying he would have to do it to Omega Red, but anyone coming at him. Say some crack head is coming at him doubt he's gonna have the composure to shoot his eye, just like Agent Zero wouldn't have the composure to shoot Red in the eye. 

The tentacle could still wrap around his arm and do some life draining, or throw him against a wall or something, though that would allow him to absorb more energy too.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I'll see what I can find but given his extensive use of guns over a 50 year span combined with his laser sights and he should make the shot easily.

My cop friend wouldn't need to shoot the crackhead in the eye, he could shoot him anywhere and stop him. Omega Red on the other hand does need to be specifically shot in the eye. Agent Zero has 50 years of combat experience fighting superhuman threats including Omega Red, composure shouldn't be a problem. 

His knife or his concussive blast will keep that from happening.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that isn't exactly an easy shot to pull off, and there are people that have been in the Navy for 30 years that can't hit squat.

I was using the crackhead as an example if the crackhead had on armor similar to Omega Red your cop friend would have difficulty making the shot, or making a kill shot, since only his eyes would be open.

if he has a knife in his hand he wouldn't be able to use his blasts, and the knife isn't going to be as flexible and move as easy as his tentacle and even if he does knock it away his tentacle will be able to attack him again from a better angle and if Zero tries to run away then he can grab his leg from while he is, and then life drain that way.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I have another friend in the Air Force who shoots like crap but that is because he is a grease monkey. More than 2/3rds of the military is support staff. 

Again, if the Crackhead had on Soviet Super Soldier Armor, of course he couldn't make the shot as he hasn't been trained to deal with people wearing carbonadium armor. Agent Zero has been trained to not only deal with people like Omega Red but was specifically designed to kill people like Omega Red. 

He only had one knife so obviously he'll be using his concussive blast from his other hand. If he can deflect it once he can attempt to get out of range. Wolverine stops Omega Red's tentacles all the time with his claws.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Sentinels were designed to destroy mutants, but they seem to get destroyed by them. The Spider-slayers were designed to kill Spider-man he's beaten plenty of them. Just cuz something is designed to do a task doesn't mean they will achieve it.

His other hand that is shooting concussive blast will be busy with Red's other tentacle. As soon as Zero tries to get some distance between him and Red, Omega Red can grab Zero by the leg and life drain him.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Sentinels only generally lose to teams of mutants and extremely powerful mutants. Individually, Sentinels are quite a threat to mutants. According to Bastion, Sentinels have accounted for over 16 million mutant deaths. This number is more than 15 million more than all other mutant kill counts. I'd say that is pretty effective. Spider Slayers are not designed to kill Spider-man, they were designed to kill humans as none of their capabilities directly countered any of his abilities. Ultimate Spider Slayers were far more effective because they were designed to kill Spider-man and were able to kill a clone of Spider-man and imprison another. However, this is all unimportant as most long lived objects like Agent Zero generally are successful in completing their designated task.

Omega Red has two tentacles, Agent Zero has two arms. He uses his adamantium knife to fend off one tentacle while using his concussive blasts to fend off the other. Zero will know not to allow himself to get within active tentacle range of Omega Red without first disabling his ability to strike him. Zero knows Omega Red exceedingly well, he isn't going to fall prey to tentacle attacks as easily as SHIELD agents.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega Red has two tentacles and two hands. Zero, if he is holding the knife, will only be able to shoot blasts out of one hand. Red can fight his blasts and knife with his tentacles as he moves closer to him and can grab a hold of him for a direct life drain, or just make it harder for Zero to get away from him.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Again, Agent Zero will not get that close unless he has somehow disabled Omega Red's ability to attack him. He is a great tactical fighter so he won't ever endanger himself so much. If he does get within physical range of Omega Red he'll deploy his corrosive touch and kill Omega Red. His Healing Factor will allow him to survive the Life Drain with little more than temporary unconsciousness. Omega Red's healing factor will kill Omega Red. This is still a victory for Agent Zero as he still survives, Omega Red dies.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His corrosive touch will have trouble working through Omega Red's carbonadium armor and will have even more difficult chance of hitting Red once his life is being drained from him, which would make it hard for him to concentrate and hit Red in the one open spot on his armor.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Actually, the armor won't be a problem. It melted right through the Juggernaut's armor once without a problem.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juggernaut has mystical armor which might be affected by it, Carbonadium and Adamantium have been shown to be affected by anything in the area of acid or corrosive materials.

do you know when that happened?

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Juggernaut regularly tanks Wolverine's adamantium claws without a scratch which means the durability of his armor should be close to if not above Adamantium which is above Carbonadium. This was in Weapon X: Days of Future Now.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his armor is mystical and is supposed to be indestructible, but just because it is affected by the corrosion doesn't mean that Carbonadium is as they are two completely different types of materials.

thanks, I'll look it up later

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Again, mystical or not it still has to follow the rules of that universe. If Juggs armor can't be cut by Adamantium then it is at least as durable as Adamantium which is more durable than Carbonadium.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we don't know what the properties of his armor are, hence it being mystical, it could be unaffected by other metals, but affected by acids or the corrosive touch going through his armor could have been PIS, since other materials haven't been able to get through it.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DedmanWalkin

The Corrosive Touch was designed to kill people like Wolverine and Omega Red so why would it be unable to eat through their various armor. During that arc, Wolverine made sure to stay as far away from Zero as he could.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that makes sense for Wolverine to do as he isn't wearing his Adamantium on the outside like Red who wears armor.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Again, this scenario is highly unlikely to occur as Agent Zero will not attempt to close the distance until he has disabled Omega Red in some way. 

I say we go to a vote.

hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then Agent Zero is going to be running and shooting til he is out of ammo, cuz he doesn't have the accuracy you believe he has (I think he is a good marksman, and can probably hit center of mass or head shot every time, but shooting someone in the eye seems too far),  and then be forced to take the fight to Omega Red which is where Omega Red grabs and drains him. 

I'll let the others know.    

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Again, Agent Zero has laser sights on his guns and is an extremely good marksman, the shot will be no problem as he has more than enough time to set it up. 

He won't ever be forced to melee range as he has unlimited ammo in the form of his concussive blasts which he can generate via punching walls.

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By PirateKing69

This Thread Is Open To Voting