Unicron's Body.

Alucard's Mist Form.

Banshee's Yell Wave.

Magneto's Blackhole/Wormhole Shield

Scarlet Witch's Probability Field.

Superman's Skin.

and last but not least..

a Mirror..

You don't have to go through them all. Just pick whatever defenses can handle the Omega Beam and explain.

#2 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cell says:

"Juggernaut's Forcefield.Thor's Mjölnir Hammer.He-Man's Sword of Power.Dr. Doom's Armor.Flash's Speed.Scarlet Witch's Probability Field.Superman's Skin.Onslaught's psyonic Body (maybe)."

All of these defenses can handle the Omega Beams, IMO. The things from above (besides Superman's skin and Flash speed) are mystical. The Omega Beams were stopped by Wonder Woman's bracelets, so I don't think that it could do anything to a magical defense (including Scarlet Witch's probability field, which is magical in nature, and can affect the Omega Beams any way she wants it to and Doom's armor after having a magical defense casted on it). Superman has withstood the Omega Beam plenty of times, since his skin is protected by an energy field (or tactile telekinesis) controlled by his conscious will, which explains why he's able to withstand so much punishment. Flash's speed is just enough to allow him to outrun the beams or dodge them long enough to trick Darkseid into getting hit by them (something Superman was able to do). And, Onslaught himself could withstand so much, but whether he could take the Omega Beams or not is debatable.

As for Ego and Unicron, I don't know too much about them to say anything.

I excluded the others because a lot of those defenses are natural. Magneto's defenses won't help, because his shields are natural, and I don't think magnetism can stop the beams. The same goes for Storm's wind, Spidey's webbing, Susan's invisible/telekinetic force and Iceman's ice (seriously, what could these possibly do?) I have to say the same for Hulk's skin. The only two people that remained unharmed by the Beams were Superman and Doomsday, both of them being Kryptonian. I don't think the Hulk matches their level of durability, because he doesn't possess the field that protects both Supes and DD due to their Kryptonian heritage. Banshee's yell has no effect either, because the beams aren't effected by sound. Quicksilver's speed, IMO, won't be enough. If he was as fast as the Flash (or if it was Ultimate Pietro), then I could understand. Alucard's mist form won't help either because he's still a target, regardless. It would still hit him. As for Cyclop's optic blasts (which are beams from inter-dimensional apertures between this universe and the non-Einsteinian universe, filled with particles that resemble photons, yet they interact with this universe's particles by transferring kinetic energy in the form of gravitons), they may not be a match for the Omega Beams. And, the optic blasts shoot straight ahead, when the Omega Beams can go around obstacles...
Post Edited:2008-05-30 05:59:18

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#4 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cell says:

" Ego's Body."

If Darkseid fired his Omega beams at a planet in the distance would the planet disintegrate?

If he fired at a mountain on a planet he was standing on would the entire planet disintegrate?

There are as many organisms on Ego as there are on an average life-sustaining planet... he has as many hills and valleys and trees... even oceans.

Otherwise, why not just fire at New Genesis?

#5 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cell says:

"Darkseid's Omega Effect. VS Magneto's Forcefield. Juggernaut's Forcefield. Hulk's Impenetrable Skin. Thor's Mjölnir Hammer. He-Man's Sword of Power. Invisable Woman's Forcefield. Storm's Wind Shield. Dr. Doom's Armor. Cyclops Optic Blast. Flash's Speed. Quick Silver's Speed. Iceman's Ice Shield. Spiderman's Web Shield. Onslaught's psyonic Body. Ego's Body. Unicron's Body. Alucard's Mist Form. Banshee's Yell Wave. Magneto's Blackhole/Wormhole Shield Scarlet Witch's Probability Field. Superman's Skin. and last but not least.. a Mirror.. "

Well for those beings that are deemed important to the universe - they auto survive. Does that mean everyone on the list ?

How do you decide who is imporatant to the universe ?

If I going with what really should be able to resist the omega effect from the list above then they would be

Juggernauts Force Field (powered by Cyttorak a god level being)

Thor's hammer Mjolnir (powered by Odin)

He-mans sword of power (powered by the power of Greyskull)

Ego's body (as a Elder of the Universe, barred from Death's domain by Death)

Possibly Unicron's body (Unicron has amazing levels of power but i'm a little hazy on this one)

These should resist becuase they are all either powered or backed by a being of similar power level to Darkseid.

The beams really should be a transdimensional, light + speed travelling plot effect (that happen to look like twin eye beams). They should not be able to be outrun and they always hit their intended target.

However as shown they have been resisted by Wonder Womans bracelets and Supermans skin and has been entirely avoided by Superman and deflected by his heat vision.

So in addition from the list above, this means we are forced to include

Flash's speed

Superman's skin (or rather his close fitting forcefield).

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

What would the Omega Effect do to a sandy beach?

#8 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"LOL."

I'm making a point, I really am.. lol

#9 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Flash could defend, if he quickly switched into the Speed Force, in light speed. The beam couldn't keep up with him.

#10 Posted by XLR87T3 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: Mjolnir can survive the Omega Effect and not be erased? How? Please explain, I want to learn!

#11 Posted by XLR87T3 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (14192 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: It's a five year old comment... none of the users are even active anymore lol.

#13 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (3688 posts) - - Show Bio

pre crisis omega effect is no laughing matter. think of it not as laser or something as straightforward as that, but an effect that can not be blocked. it has been used to erase, control, create avatars, and destroy.

new 52 omega effect seems like it is just a beam of destruction, capable of shattering a planet with one blast.

#14 Posted by Jayc1324 (5327 posts) - - Show Bio

It can have an effect on everything there but flash should be able to outrun it

#15 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: It's a five year old comment... none of the users are even active anymore lol.

Does that mean we can talk crap to them, and they wont respond back? lol!

#16 Edited by XLR87T3 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14192 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

Does that mean we can talk crap to them, and they wont respond back? lol!

lol. brilliant :)

#18 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (1500 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by XLR87T3 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@ssjdarthplagueis: Trying to rustle jimmies, I see...

Just being a fool......and seeing if this guy is really gone lol!

#21 Edited by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@perfect_cell: Hey! Broly will kick Cell's ass!!!

So, you want to play, huh?

He should feel lucky that he was touched by my perfect body.

#22 Edited by SSJDarthPlagueis (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis said:

@perfect_cell: Hey! Broly will kick Cell's ass!!!

So, you want to play, huh?

He should feel lucky that he was touched by my perfect body.

Oh lol! I guess your here.

Lets play then!