#1 Edited by thanosii (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Location New York including Central Park

Standard Equipment, Morals off

Start 300m apart

#2 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver stomps.

#3 Edited by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh this is a legolas stomp, consider all his insane feats, the fact that he's an elf, etc. Ollie is only just starting to use trick arrows, but even with them legolas is too fast. If Merlin, a peak human, can catch ollies arrows, he won't be able to tag legolas. Maybe this changes when we see how he beats slade, but even then I doubt it'll be enough. Only advantage is his tech/compound bow

#4 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh this is a legolas stomp, consider all his insane feats, the fact that he's an elf, etc. Ollie is only just starting to use trick arrows, but even with them legolas is too fast. If Merlin, a peak human, can catch ollies arrows, he won't be able to tag legolas. Maybe this changes when we see how he beats slade, but even then I doubt it'll be enough. Only advantage is his tech/compound bow

Legolas was superhuman in movies?

#5 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: dude legolas takes down a mammoth elephant thing while surfing down its trunk, plus so many other crazy feats, and elves are superior to men

#6 Edited by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: dude legolas takes down a mammoth elephant thing while surfing down its trunk, plus so many other crazy feats, and elves are superior to men

Its been a while since I saw LoTR so I remember very little of it. Anyways, Merlin catching arrows is his feat. That doesn't mean Legolas will be able to as well if he's never shown any reaction feats par to that.

#7 Posted by dorukesin (5444 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie curbstomps

#8 Posted by fiodestromus (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas takes the cake superior agility I would say,plus as DrMantisToboggan says Elves are physically superior to men

(this thread makes me want to re-watch LOTR)

#9 Edited by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiodestromus: agreed love those movies. Books are great too but a little convoluted. Elves have very powerful sight/hearing, extreme endurance to the point where they don't sleep, some measure of magic wielding, and minor foresight, among others things I might be forgetting. Don't get me wrong, arrow is my favorite show and I love Ollie, he just doesn't match up here.

#10 Posted by Chibi_cute (4509 posts) - - Show Bio

legolas takes this.

#11 Edited by SHAZAM117 (2795 posts) - - Show Bio

The elf oneshots

#12 Posted by EternalDecider (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie curbstomps

really? Just, really? Have you even watched LOTR?

Legolas takes it.

#13 Posted by eternityx (2637 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas easily. Superior in every way.

#14 Edited by thanosii (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver had some explosive arrows even in season one, no one think that makes a difference?

#15 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16185 posts) - - Show Bio

@drmantistoboggan said:

Ollie is only just starting to use trick arrows

You're quite wrong, he's used trick arrows since the first episode, when he used an arrow to hack into Adam Hunt's bank account.

list of trick arrows

#16 Edited by ghost_rider1 (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Legolas been using arrows and archery for hundreds of years. Oliver was stuck on that islamd for 5 yrs. On top of that Elves are physically superipr to humans. Legolas easily takes this for a majority

#17 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16185 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Legolas been using arrows and archery for hundreds of years. Oliver was stuck on that islamd for 5 yrs. On top of that Elves are physically superipr to humans. Legolas easily takes this for a majority

You don't read well do you? I never said Legolas didn't win, I was correcting the notion that Ollie had only just started using trick arrows.

#18 Posted by RogueShadow (10230 posts) - - Show Bio

Books - Legolas curbstomps.

Movies - Ollie wins in a tough fight.

#19 Edited by dorukesin (5444 posts) - - Show Bio

@dorukesin said:

Ollie curbstomps

really? Just, really? Have you even watched LOTR?

Legolas takes it.

like billion times.You are just exaggerating Legolas.

Come on feats vs feats,convinced me

#20 Posted by Wardemon32 (4137 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I was more referring to his general timeline, as in it took him about a year to learn to use a bow on the island, then had the remaining 4 years probably simply using normal arrows. Now that he's been home for a year + he's started using trick arrows, and still only a few in actual combat. So in the relative scope of time he's only just begun to use them, I suppose I could have been more clear about that sorry

#22 Edited by Darkbiscuit (689 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkbiscuit: useful contribution to the thread thanks. Not sure why you act like I'm using the word in its most simplistic form rather than refer to how it was displayed in the show, i.e. learning how to properly utilize the bow for survival purposes. But I guess you think someone only needs about a half hour to learn self-defense against trained soldiers/predatory animals, the accuracy required to hunt wild animals for food, etc.

#24 Posted by Darkbiscuit (689 posts) - - Show Bio

@drmantistoboggan: Addressing what I feel is a false statement on the opposing side is useful contribution. I also never said that you could learn to that extremity in 30 minutes: just basic use

#25 Edited by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie curbstomps

After watching The Desolation of Smaug I can tell you this is a resounding NO.

Legolas will win the majority.

#26 Posted by Hulkman123 (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas easily.

#27 Posted by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas easily.

Agreed. Have you seen DoS yet?

#28 Edited by Hulkman123 (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@hulkman123 said:

Legolas easily.

Agreed. Have you seen DoS yet?

I'm going to watch it tomorrow, it looks epic.

#29 Posted by Sachmoo (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen is depicted as pretty much peak human in the Arrow show and i applaud it for its realism to a degree.

Just saw the Midnight release of The Hobbit: DoS last night, and Legolas is FAR above peak human in quickness, agility, reflexes and anything related to speed.

Also, the movie was pretty dope!

#30 Posted by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo said:

Queen is depicted as pretty much peak human in the Arrow show and i applaud it for its realism to a degree.

Just saw the Midnight release of The Hobbit: DoS last night, and Legolas is FAR above peak human in quickness, agility, reflexes and anything related to speed.

Not to get off topic but Tauriel was a supreme badass as well. Who do you think was supposed to be depicted as better, her or Legolas?

#31 Posted by Sachmoo (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@sachmoo said:

Not to get off topic but Tauriel was a supreme badass as well. Who do you think was supposed to be depicted as better, her or Legolas?

Tauriel had a damn good showing, but i gotta go Legolas. The stuff he did in the Barrels down the river scene? MIND BLOWN!

#32 Posted by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: true, but she did shoot an arrow out of the air with another arrow lol

#33 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by bflynn316 (625 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: @lunacyde: SPOILERS! I know you didn't say anything major or anything but still.

As for the tread, Legolas should win.

#35 Posted by Lunacyde (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, didn't think it applied to the plot in any way. All I said was that he was a badass and killed a lot of orcs. I assumed that is common knowledge lol

#36 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

@fallschirmjager:

You don't read well do you? I never said Legolas didn't win, I was correcting the notion that Ollie had only just started using trick arrows.

Actually I read just well...I misinterpreted what you was saying

#37 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

after watching Desolation of Smaug, Legolas should beat the ollie pretty handily.

#38 Posted by Sachmoo (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo:

@lunacyde:

SPOILERS! I know you didn't say anything major or anything but still.

As for the tread, Legolas should win.

I didn't give any details for that reason. But the barrel scene is implied in the trailer and half the official posters so i figured i was in the clear.

#39 Posted by JwwProd (9069 posts) - - Show Bio

Legolas.

#40 Edited by BigCimmerian (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver wins.

#41 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5334 posts) - - Show Bio

Elfstomp, Oliver get pin cushioned.

#42 Posted by Chibi_cute (4509 posts) - - Show Bio

Elfstomp, Oliver get pin cushioned.

Oliver gets turned into a human target practice.