#1 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

no advances in powers so no phoenix force no omega lvl mutants, also no class 85 thing, no super nova human torch, and no uber invisible woman. I want it to be a fight from the Original teams. Oh i also don't want Prof X in on this either. the setting is on a tropical island.

VS

Post Edited:2007-08-14 10:46:55

#2 Posted by Bueteka (276 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men

#3 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i really think it could go either way since mister fantastic was and still is a super genius, and both teams are really good at working together.

#4 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

xmen

jean over whemles sues mind

ice man over whemles jonny flame

clyops blastes ben like crazy, till rest of team comes to help

minster fanstic runs and goes hides.

#5 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

I think back in the day the FF would have totally whooped their arses, Bobby didn't have control of his ice powers yet, he looked like freosty the snow boy, HT would have melted him and he wouldn't have known what to do, Marvel girl hadn't even touched the phoenix force yet, she didn't even know the potential of her powers none of them did, FF was older and smarter, experience and power would allow them to dominate

Now Days the X-men would blow them away, but not back in the day.

#6 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

At the time of the battle, have aook at the rundown on the combatants,

Thing: Able to lift 5 tonnes, superhuman endurance and durability but both less than their current level.

Mr Fantastic: Not much significant differnces except nowdays he used his powers more creatively (enlarging his fist etc). He did more support activities then.

Invisible Girl: Could go invisible, strained to make other invisible, could use forcefields to protect self and others but not all the creative uses of her powers (flight etc).

Human Torch: Can fly and project flame bolts, fire balls, create and manipulate flame forms and he could heat his flame up substantially (but not to nova levels yet - I don't think).

Cyclops: Blasts were not as powerful as they are not reported to be. Had more severe limits on how long he could project beams for. Some hand to hand fighting ability but this developed with age.

Marvel Girl: Had limited TK power (enough to lift at most a few hundred pounds), no Telepathy (not until Prof X removed the blocks).

Iceman (or the Living Snowcone): He was covered in snow, no significant armour and was still human below that 0 so easily hurt. He could project balls of icey snow and create areas of icey slickness on other surfaces but powers extremely limited by todays standards.

Beast: Hightened strength (around the 1000 lbs mark), agility, endurance and durability (all less than when he originally became blue furred).

Angel: Flight, reasonably strong for size due to enhanced muscle mass.

Both teams have good teamwork experience.

The advantage of the Fantastic Four is that 3 out of the 4 members have some enhanced resistance to damage (Thing, Mr F and IG), while the X-men have less.

Both teams have good range attack options, with Cyclops and HT. Torch may however be able to encompass more oppoents with a fireball than Cyclops but Cyclops has more accuracy with his attacks.

Having 5 team memebers may give the original X-men some small tactical advantage.

Still, going by the info presented, I would tend to favour the FF.

#7 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"At the time of the battle, have aook at the rundown on the combatants, Thing: Able to lift 5 tonnes, superhuman endurance and durability but both less than their current level. Mr Fantastic: Not much significant differnces except nowdays he used his powers more creatively (enlarging his fist etc). He did more support activities then. Invisible Girl: Could go invisible, strained to make other invisible, could use forcefields to protect self and others but not all the creative uses of her powers (flight etc). Human Torch: Can fly and project flame bolts, fire balls, create and manipulate flame forms and he could heat his flame up substantially (but not to nova levels yet - I don't think). Cyclops: Blasts were not as powerful as they are not reported to be. Had more severe limits on how long he could project beams for. Some hand to hand fighting ability but this developed with age. Marvel Girl: Had limited TK power (enough to lift at most a few hundred pounds), no Telepathy (not until Prof X removed the blocks). Iceman (or the Living Snowcone): He was covered in snow, no significant armour and was still human below that 0 so easily hurt. He could project balls of icey snow and create areas of icey slickness on other surfaces but powers extremely limited by todays standards. Beast: Hightened strength (around the 1000 lbs mark), agility, endurance and durability (all less than when he originally became blue furred). Angel: Flight, reasonably strong for size due to enhanced muscle mass. Both teams have good teamwork experience. The advantage of the Fantastic Four is that 3 out of the 4 members have some enhanced resistance to damage (Thing, Mr F and IG), while the X-men have less. Both teams have good range attack options, with Cyclops and HT. Torch may however be able to encompass more oppoents with a fireball than Cyclops but Cyclops has more accuracy with his attacks. Having 5 team memebers may give the original X-men some small tactical advantage. Still, going by the info presented, I would tend to favour the FF. "

yeah i alwase wondered about this battle because the Original X-men had a big basis on the fantastic four. even if the FF has a better resistance to damage than the X-men i still think the battle would be close.

#8 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

old school xmen

#9 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Four.

Invisible Woman just neutralizes them in a field (containing), long enough for Reed devise a plan, then Ben and Johnny go for a full frontal assault.

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

Invisible Woman just neutralizes them in a field (containing), long enough for Reed devise a plan, then Ben and Johnny go for a full frontal assault.

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio

Old school Fan 4 would have taken apart the X-Men

#12 Posted by The Stegman (23233 posts) - - Show Bio

long answer 

Thing: Able to lift 5 tonnes, superhuman endurance and durability but both less than their current level.

Mr Fantastic: Not much significant differnces except nowdays he used his powers more creatively (enlarging his fist etc). He did more support activities then.

Invisible Girl: Could go invisible, strained to make other invisible, could use forcefields to protect self and others but not all the creative uses of her powers (flight etc).

Human Torch: Can fly and project flame bolts, fire balls, create and manipulate flame forms and he could heat his flame up substantially (but not to nova levels yet - I don't think).

Cyclops: Blasts were not as powerful as they are not reported to be. Had more severe limits on how long he could project beams for. Some hand to hand fighting ability but this developed with age.

Marvel Girl: Had limited TK power (enough to lift at most a few hundred pounds), no Telepathy (not until Prof X removed the blocks).

Iceman (or the Living Snowcone): He was covered in snow, no significant armour and was still human below that 0 so easily hurt. He could project balls of icey snow and create areas of icey slickness on other surfaces but powers extremely limited by todays standards.

Beast: Hightened strength (around the 1000 lbs mark), agility, endurance and durability (all less than when he originally became blue furred).

The advantage of the Fantastic Four is that 3 out of the 4 members have some enhanced resistance to damage (Thing, Mr F and IG), while the X-men have less.

Both teams have good range attack options, with Cyclops and HT. Torch may however be able to encompass more oppoents with a fireball than Cyclops but Cyclops has more accuracy with his attacks.

Having 5 team memebers may give the original X-men some small tactical advantage.

Still, going by the info presented, I would tend to favour the FF 

this  

Short Answer: 

Old school Fan 4 would have taken apart the X-Men 

this
#13 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

I don't know about this, I seem to remember her fields not being as strong or lasting as long back in the day due to her feeling the strain of powerful attacks, very first issue of X-Men has Scott taxing Magnetos shield with his full power, I still think the FF win because of experience though, but not with this tactic. Besides I thought she developed the force field aspect of her power later in life in issue 22 of FF in 1964, the Xmen debuted in 1963, so she shouldn't be able to create force fields in this battle anyway going by the issue #3 cover used in the OP anyway.

#14 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue can blind people with her invisibility and the only one who can fight without sight is beast.

The x-men will be defenselessness without their sight leaving the F4 for an easy victory

#15 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

I don't know about this, I seem to remember her fields not being as strong or lasting as long back in the day due to her feeling the strain of powerful attacks, very first issue of X-Men has Scott taxing Magnetos shield with his full power, I still think the FF win because of experience though, but not with this tactic. Besides I thought she developed the force field aspect of her power later in life in issue 22 of FF in 1964, the Xmen debuted in 1963, so she shouldn't be able to create force fields in this battle anyway going by the issue #3 cover used in the OP anyway.

But in their cross over she had her ability to create force fields. I was assuming along with others that this is still around their early incarnation. Being said Invisible Woman can still put up her barrier, if not at least to temporary subdue Jean.

#16 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

But in their cross over she had her ability to create force fields. I was assuming along with others that this is still around their early incarnation. Being said Invisible Woman can still put up her barrier, if not at least to temporary subdue Jean.

When was the crossover? I'm assuming that we are using the versions in the scans provided, if that is the case she can't create force fields. Even if she can in her first incarnation she still could be overcome and caused pain with enough force, Scott should be able to provide enough constant pressure at full power for her field to give due to that weakness, since we was able to breach Magnetos on his first try doing the same thing.

@moywar700 said:

Sue can blind people with her invisibility and the only one who can fight without sight is beast.

The x-men will be defenselessness without their sight leaving the F4 for an easy victory

I always thought that Scott could operate without sight too, considering the destructive nature of his power and his inability to control it, I could be wrong though.

#17 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

When was the crossover? I'm assuming that we are using the versions in the scans provided, if that is the case she can't create force fields. Even if she can in her first incarnation she still could be overcome and caused pain with enough force, Scott should be able to provide enough constant pressure at full power for her field to give due to that weakness, since we was able to breach Magnetos on his first try doing the same thing.

I don't I was going with their classic incarnation, the ooc was specific enough D;. It was when I think the Mad Tinkerer kidnapped the Professor. I'll look for it :)

But that's was due to Professor's help if I can recall, I'll re-read the issue again. Yet, in another issue she withstood a direct hit from Ben himself when they were testing how strong her shields were. She didn't feel no pain there. She could use her shield to create a tightly compress shield, outlining their body, meaning Scott, wouldn't be able to use his visor. With everything going on, Reed was of devise a plan by then to take out the X-Men.

Though now I'm seeing as it can go both ways.

#18 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

I don't know about this, I seem to remember her fields not being as strong or lasting as long back in the day due to her feeling the strain of powerful attacks,

This is how I remember it ... but then again based on posts after yours ... who knows.

#19 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charmix said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

I don't I was going with their classic incarnation, the ooc was specific enough D;. It was when I think the Mad Tinkerer kidnapped the Professor. I'll look for it :)

But that's was due to Professor's help if I can recall, I'll re-read the issue again. Yet, in another issue she withstood a direct hit from Ben himself when they were testing how strong her shields were. She didn't feel no pain there. She could use her shield to create a tightly compress shield, outlining their body, meaning Scott, wouldn't be able to use his visor. With everything going on, Reed was of devise a plan by then to take out the X-Men.

Professor X was just speaking to him telepathically about his power, and Scott sets his visor to max, the only down side is he passed out after. I know her shields are strong, but back then they weren't as strong as they are now because she felt the force of attacks and too much could overwhelm her, so I can see her taking a hit from Thing and the shield holding, but how many more would she have been able to take if he kept it up back then? Cyclopes disrupted a force field just like that when he did it to Magneto, it was all about the pressure of the force causing a disruption in the shield that overwhelms the user and the field drops. Was she doing all those things back then? With the tightly compressed shield?

#20 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@Charmix said:

Fantastic Four.

Professor X was just speaking to him telepathically about his power, and Scott sets his visor to max, the only down side is he passed out after. I know her shields are strong, but back then they weren't as strong as they are now because she felt the force of attacks and too much could overwhelm her, so I can see her taking a hit from Thing and the shield holding, but how many more would she have been able to take if he kept it up back then? Cyclopes disrupted a force field just like that when he did it to Magneto, it was all about the pressure of the force causing a disruption in the shield that overwhelms the user and the field drops. Was she doing all those things back then? With the tightly compressed shield?

I see. Even if he were to attack her shields, Ben and Johnny would of them lay assault. She seemed unfazed when he hit her shield. But I guess it could be just because it was a new thing for her and writers were just trying to establish her strengths and weaknesses. Yeah, crazy as it sound, she manage to create a shield around Jean, which inhibited her telekinesis. Ooh and the issue I was referring too was issue 28 :) of the fantastic four. Hope that helps.

#21 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@the creator said:

Still, going by the info presented, I would tend to favour the FF.

This.

#22 Posted by Ferro Vida (34676 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo: It's more likely that Johnny would go after Angel, since he can fly. And Angel is the much more talented flyer here.
#23 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@jojjimbo: It's more likely that Johnny would go after Angel, since he can fly. And Angel is the much more talented flyer here.

what??

#24 Posted by Ferro Vida (34676 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo: Johnny is a show off. Naturally he'll engage the person who can also do what he does (fly). Angel is a much better flyer then Johnny. Hell, he can fly circles around Johnny.
#25 Posted by desmond006 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I was going to post this balltle. I think X-men would win, close fight though. X-men have numbers, fire power, and speed/mobility. F4 have durabilitiy and strength. I say the X-men overwhelm the F4 for the win.

#26 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: OK....but why are you telling me this??

#27 Posted by Ferro Vida (34676 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo: In reference to the Creator's post...
#28 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: If you read his post, you'll see that he never matches up anyone, he describes there powers sets(their original ones) and what he felt would be their strength/weaknesses in this battle, then he maid a conclusion from that, never once did he pair anyone up. which i agree with btw.

#29 Posted by Ferro Vida (34676 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo: And then I said something in relation to the information presented. I'm sorry if that was a problem. I was trying to start a conversation about the thread.
#30 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: It isn't a problem..i miss understood your comment.