Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pr0d1gy
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 2:

• Old King Thor comes with Destroyer Armor + The Odin Sword + Necro Sword.
  • Galactus feeds on four planets.

Bonus Round:

• Same Thor & Galactus above vs The Celestials that originally beat Galactus.
No Caption Provided

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on guys! I think this is an epic battle !

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A lot to consider, but I'm leaning towards Galactus.

In Jason Aaron's run wasn't King Thor only able to beat a starving Galactus? Even with the Destroyer armor, I'm not sold on Thor winning.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus is always getting nerfed in Thor comics. I still cant get over the ridiculous headbutt Odin gave him.

Galactus oneshots.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot to consider, but I'm leaning towards Galactus.

In Jason Aaron's run wasn't King Thor only able to beat a starving Galactus? Even with the Destroyer armor, I'm not sold on Thor winning.

Galactus admits to have feasted prior to the battle and believed he could win, fully believing nobody could stand up to his power. Boy he sure was wrong, having been single shotted and all.

I've never seen Galactus surviving 6 Celestial attacks at once, which The Destroyer Armor could probably do, considering it took a combined attack of 8 to melt it.

Galactus on the other hand was single shotted and couldn't tank the combined force of 3-4 Celestials, despite having fed on 4 planets.

So really, I'm not entirely convinced Galactus could defeat Necro Thor in the Destroyer Armor and The Odin Sword.

Together they may or may not be able to defeat the combined force of 4 Celestials.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@pr0d1gy: Thanks. I was hazy on the state of Galactus when he fought. If he was fully fed then I entirely lean towards Thor.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus is always getting nerfed in Thor comics. I still cant get over the ridiculous headbutt Odin gave him.

Galactus oneshots.

Galactus got back up like nothing while Odin went to sleep

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus oneshots.

That is one of the most biased comments I've ever read in my history of debating. 'I hate how weak Marvel is displaying him but he wins anyways'? LOL

Anyways, that head butt was to show that Odin on normal levels could actually put up a fight against Galactus.

Try to imagine Odin enhanced by Asgard and The Uni-Mind, which augments the Asgard AMP even more, wielding a Galaxy Busting Sword (The Odin Sword) and wearing The Armor of The Destroyer.

I'm fairly certain an Odin of that magnitude would wreck Galactus.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus stomps . Lamedin and Old king Slowdinson aren't in his league

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus stomps . Lamedin and Old king Slowdinson aren't in his league

Galactus was already single shotted from Old King Slowdinson.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight already happened and Necro-Thor one shotted Galactus, who had just finished "eating" earth. Even Odin stalemated galactus with telepathy. But yeah, Old King Thor has already won this fight in comics without the destroyer armor, and he wins again here.

ThorBoy2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: It was a half dead earth. When Galactus ate 4 planets, he was able to kill a celestial before they merged and killed him. These are the same Celestials who survived their universes UN, IG, etc.

Galactus wins here.

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Galactus takes this.

He survived the big bang for crying out loud

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorboy2221: Necro-thor could probably kill a celestial too.

Galactus loses like he did before. Galactus is already on celestial level without eating 4 planets so doing it after eating 4 planets isn't quite as impressive.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bossdarksied355

@jayc1324: Galactus is abstract level. Hickman is famous(or infamous) for throwing established characters under the bus in favor of his own, and Aaron just doesn't care. So no, Galactus is not on celestial level, he is above them.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossdarksied355: There are many levels of Celestials just as there are many levels of human ranging from normal humans to Franklin Richards. Galactus is above some but below others.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThorBoy2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThorBoy2221

@jayc1324: These Celestials seemed more powerful. They were a threat to the whole multiverse. FR even said that he supported many universes from crumbling just from their arrival.

Galactus is not on these guys level.

Galactus was on these guys level only when he consumed four planets. He killed one then he died from their combined might.

NKT didn't have the best durability. Especially nothing that would suggest he can take an attack from this same Galactus who killed one of these Celestials with a single attack.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Claymore1998

This might be very hard to argue because we have never really seen how truly powerful the necro Thor would be.

He was powerful enough to easily dispose of an old Galactus who had recently fed on the dying remains of Earth.

That does not tell us much.

I might just pick Galactus because I like him better he he he, at least I am honest about it, and that fact that he literally tore apart one of the mad celestial.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Thor

Round 2: Thor and Galactus

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kingant27

1. Galactus wins.

2. Duo wins IMO.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus should never lose to any version of Thor. Ever.

That whole fight was complete garbage. Jason Aaron is horrible. He really doesn't give a **** about characters or their power levels (which were intensely messed up in his Thor run). Galactus getting thrashed by Thor's featless grandchildren (or whatever they were) was ridiculous. Getting one-shotted and possessed by the NS was crap.

Galactus, running on empty, has proven capable of busting multiple galaxies (Annihilation). He has proven capable of summoning the UN and referred to it as a piece of himself. He has proven capable of absorbing vast quantities of energy without the aid of his machinery. He should roflstomp any Thor. NKT vs well-fed Galactus was complete WIS.

I would tend to agree with those suggesting that the Mad Celestials were superior to "average" Celestials. They did take on The Council of Reeds armed with multiple UNs, a few IGs, and a bunch of super-science based weaponry and trounced them.

If Galactus had someone running interference for him I think he could systematically one-shot the Mad Celestials though I am not sure how long NKT would last vs. the Mad Celestials...

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorboy2221: One celestial is extremely powerful, let alone an entire race. So a race of these beings would be a threat to the multiverse, but there is no evidence to say they're more powerful. For the second response, you're right, he's not on their level, he's above them. That's why he fought them so handily, before they combined. He even killed one without much effort. Your third response is pure conjecture, so I'm not going to bother answering. For your last response, I agree.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus admits to being fed yet people continue to try to twist things to suit their needs. Sounds biased to me.

Anyways the chain should go like this:

Rune King Thor > Necro Thor >=< Odin Destroyer (Celestials) > Galactus (Well Fed) > Old King Thor > Odin Destroyer > Odin (Normal) >=King Thor

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: I'm not sure it really makes sense to call him an 'old Galactus' given that 10,000 years to Galactus would be like a day or week to a human. Its like nothing. That's the one thing that makes little sense to me in the Godbutcher arc is when he Aaron acts like 10,000 years is a lot relative to the age of most things in the universe.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossdarksied355: I would say definitely below Tiamut, Scathan, Oaa and prob Exitar. Maybe above or about equal to Arishem.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@spambot: I suppose you are right friend, however we can only go by what was presented in the issues. Sadly, thought it might not really add up , that's what he was called and he was visibly drawn differently from Galactus we are used to knowing.

No arguments against what you said but that's is how it has been laid out. We can dislike it but when we refer that in a debate we are bound by the portrayal in the comics.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: I would still take him to be the same Galactus based on power level given we have no real reason to put him any higher or lower.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy said:

Galactus admits to being fed yet people continue to try to twist things to suit their needs. Sounds biased to me.

Anyways the chain should go like this:

Rune King Thor > Necro Thor >=< Odin Destroyer (Celestials) > Galactus (Well Fed) > Old King Thor > Odin Destroyer > Odin (Normal) >=King Thor

Do you make these threads wanting Thor to win every time?

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy said:
@d3athstroke said:

Galactus oneshots.

That is one of the most biased comments I've ever read in my history of debating. 'I hate how weak Marvel is displaying him but he wins anyways'? LOL

Anyways, that head butt was to show that Odin on normal levels could actually put up a fight against Galactus.

Try to imagine Odin enhanced by Asgard and The Uni-Mind, which augments the Asgard AMP even more, wielding a Galaxy Busting Sword (The Odin Sword) and wearing The Armor of The Destroyer.

I'm fairly certain an Odin of that magnitude would wreck Galactus.

No what i was trying to say there is that whoever wrote that Thor series is talentless plagiator who ripped of Hercules's godsquad arc and ruined it. Only reason that it sold out was Thors name.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I specifically made Galactus eat 4 planets to make it a more interesting fight. Although I'm not certain if that will be enough. When Old King Thor attacked him his body began to evaporate and he was out of commission.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: buddy that's all he does

@saren @jedixman he is doing it again. Makes a battle with a clear winner in mind only to argue and call anybody that disagrees bias. Literally not even the first time for these characters

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: buddy that's all he does

@saren @jedixman he is doing it again. Makes a battle with a clear winner in mind only to argue and call anybody that disagrees bias. Literally not even the first time for these characters

Galactus fed on 1 planet in the original comic.

Here he feeds on 4.

Clearly there is not a clear winner as you call it. Might I ask who the clear winner is?

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: I'm saying you have a clear winner in mind. As per the Battle Bible you're not supposed to make a battle when you already have an idea as to who would win; let alone if all you're going to do is call people bias for choosing against you.

I almost missed flagging you.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pr0d1gy

@pr0d1gy: I'm saying you have a clear winner in mind. As per the Battle Bible you're not supposed to make a battle when you already have an idea as to who would win; let alone if all you're going to do is call people bias for choosing against you.

I almost missed flagging you.

Really? I didn't have a clear winner in mind, by having Galactus feed on four planets as opposed to one like he did in their original encounter. Further-more, because of the clear difference of power that would make for Galactus I gave Thor the Odin Sword & Destroyer Armor to even the odds, otherwise it would be a stomp in favor of Galactus.

So tell me again how I made a predetermined fight?

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Galactus fought on par with the In-betweener who is himself an abstract, which proves Galactus wields abstract level power.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 planets would make him too much for King Thor. And yes @bossdarksied355, I'd even venture to say he is an abstract because when the Cancerverse rift opened Galactus was included in the group who came to defend the Universe, all who were called abstracts by Nova.

ThorBoy2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorboy2221: One celestial is extremely powerful, let alone an entire race. So a race of these beings would be a threat to the multiverse, but there is no evidence to say they're more powerful. For the second response, you're right, he's not on their level, he's above them. That's why he fought them so handily, before they combined. He even killed one without much effort. Your third response is pure conjecture, so I'm not going to bother answering. For your last response, I agree.

1) I said that many universes were started to crumble just from their arrival. IRRC Our current Celestials (short of Scathan) haven't shown anything near this power. The UN and three Infinity Gauntlets were useless against these Celestials that Big G fought. Thanos, in our timeline and with the IG, was way above our current Celestials. So I doubt they were even in terms of power.

2) I was replying to a different post when someone said that regular Galactus is on the same level as these Celestials, which is wrong. It took a near fed Galactus to kill one of these guys. Regular level Galactus would of gotten stomped.

3) It took a Galactus who prepped for all of eternity, plus him eating more planets than he ever has to prep for a battle, to be ready for these guys. All I was saying is that without Galactus consuming these planets, he would of been stomped.

4) Cool.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossdarksied355: In betweener is a low level cosmic entity. Celestials in general are higher up on the food chain. Especially the more powerful ones.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: In-betweener is not a lower level cosmic entity. He is an abstract, created by master order and lord chaos. celestials have never been above abstracts in the food chain, that's conjecture.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Spambot

@bossdarksied355: He is low level on the abstract chain. Celestials are almost always present when there some sort of cosmic event going on or trial that involves the abstracts and the LT. Scathan for example is easily above most all the abstracts in terms of power and possibly even the LT. Its also conjecture to consider the more powerful Celestials as below abstracts. Galactus for example is considered to be equal to the Inbetweener and he has been beaten down by random Celestials even after consuming 4 planets. The Celestials have always held a place near the top of the cosmic food chain in the MU.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorboy2221: 1.) Even though I haven't read too much of Hickman's run, I will tell you what I know. From what I've read, none of the reeds used an ultimate nullifier on the mad celestials, but I could be wrong. Only one of the reeds quote " unleashed the power of the infinity gauntlet to distract the celestials". So the jury's out on that. Also Hickman himself stated that they were as powerful as their 616 counterparts. All in all I don't have enough information to properly debate your statement, so I'll just disagree with it.

2.) What I assume was regular fed Galactus fought on par with the in-betweener, who is an abstract.

3.) Galactus didn't prepare for an eternity. The reason he lost was because Hickman pulled their magic fusion ability out of his ass to make Franklin Richards relevant.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I'd say Galactus wins.

Remember. NKT won, but he only KO'd Galactus. Galactus got back up later. So its not as if NKT is so highly above Galactus that he obliterated him or anything.

Lets not forget, NKT was flying at lightspeed across the universe and kinda blitzed Galactus by surprise too.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bossdarksied355

@spambot: It doesn't matter, he's still an abstract. The celestials are present because they are still comic entities, it doesn't mean they are somehow super abstracts now. Everything you said about Scathan is pure conjecture and has absolutely no evidence to back it up. The fact that you even say he is possibly above the tribunal makes me question everything you've said anyways. The reason Scathan beat Protege was because he exploited his weakness, perception. When Protege was focused on the tribunal, Eternity, and hawk god, Scathan wrapped his head in an energy muzzle, so he couldn't perceive anything. Then the tribunal imprisoned him in the eternal hourglass. It is not conjecture to say the celestials are under abstracts, because they are. I'm not going to try and justify Hickman's crap writing. If anything, the past feats of Galactus should make you question this fight.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nomar  Online

Way too much faulty ABC logic going on in this topic.