owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Ogun vs Sauron

Ogun (Wolverine's teacher, and an equal to Miyamoto Musashi), has his full recent powers, including his ability to possess people, as well as his classic mind-control/illusion magic.  He is armed with a katana and a wakizashi, and a bow with 20 arrows.

Sauron (the X-Men villain, not from LOTR) has his full range of powers, including flight, fire breath, concussive blasts, 10 ton strength, hypnosis, life-absorption, and claws.

Battle takes place inside the large cathedral shown here, which allows for both flight and hiding in the shadows.

They start at opposite ends of the temple (one towards the front, one towards the back).  They are both aware of the other's presence, so while Ogun may try to hide in the shadows, Sauron does at least know his starting point.

They are in character. 

Who wins and why?  How much of this battle will end up being a test of hypnotic wills, and how much will it be a physical battle?

Ogun
Ogun
Sauron
Sauron

No Caption Provided
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

I feel like this may go to Ogun.  Sauron has a wider-ranging and probably more powerful power set, but if it comes down to a battle of wills as they try to control each other, I think Ogun's willpower is stronger.  His mental control/illusions seem to take some time to take effect, so I don't know how helpful they would be offensively.  He could try to possess Sauron however.  In any case I think he could probably at least resist Sauron's hypnosis.  I'm not 100% sure how Sauron absorbs life force (touch or by shooting an energy beam?) but I don't think he could get ahold of Ogun, and Ogun can probably dodge his other attacks long enough to end this by shooting Sauron with the bow.

If it came down to hand to hand combat for some reason, Ogun would be up against a much higher strength level, but he's such a good fighter that I would guess he could still take him.