#1 Posted by Newblood2333 (391 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win this fight? In annihilation, a weakened silver surfer was able to match Thanos power (in order to free galactus). Thanos let Odin beat up on him. He kept getting Back up, smiling at Odin like he wasn't impressed with his power. So I figured this would be a good fight to bring up. Base your answers on the Silver Surfer during this story ark, and Thor when he has had the odinforce.

#2 Edited by dondave (39680 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#3 Posted by mjolnirson (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, but this could be a good match or a murdererstomp in favor of Thor depending of what Odin Force Thor you are talking, if you talk of the one that fought against Bor i think that would be a good match but Thor from gods and men or King Thor from god of thunder would stomp Surfer badly

#4 Posted by Marvelous_3212 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @mjolnirson: I'm not so sure if he can though. Thor's powers seem to have been downgraded recently. IMO, that's why in his recent arks, he has had to combine with other powers/weapons, and other teammates, in order for him to win (Necro-Thor, and the Thor that killed the executioner). It's never just Thor, his hammer, and his powers from Asgard, that are propelling him to wins. It's like the writers knows that just Thor wouldn't be enough, that he needs others to help him. I don't think his writers of recent are giving him enough power. What do you guys think?

#5 Posted by Experio (18200 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#6 Posted by sophia89 (11019 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by XiiX (10495 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by highaccuser (10478 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#9 Posted by Marvelous_3212 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89: @experio: @xiix: I just have one question for you guys. I'm undecided on this topic, so I'm just trying to touch down on both sides. You guys say that Thor would win without really knowing how much of an upgrade the Silver Surfer got. Galactus could give the Surfer any amount of his power. If he recieved anymore than 10 percent of galactus power, this would be heavily favored in the Surfers favor. Now let's say he actually recieved 30% or more of his power. Here, the surfer would just blink Thor away. So in my opinion, we really just don't know enough to say "so and so" would definitely win.

#10 Posted by houseshm (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer, odin force thor was not impressive at all. Captain America was doing damage to him and even knocked him out before he was distracted. Surfer blitzes thor easily

#11 Edited by sophia89 (11019 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89: @experio: @xiix: I just have one question for you guys. I'm undecided on this topic, so I'm just trying to touch down on both sides. You guys say that Thor would win without really knowing how much of an upgrade the Silver Surfer got. Galactus could give the Surfer any amount of his power. If he recieved anymore than 10 percent of galactus power, this would be heavily favored in the Surfers favor. Now let's say he actually recieved 30% or more of his power. Here, the surfer would just blink Thor away. So in my opinion, we really just don't know enough to say "so and so" would definitely win.

o.k lets put it this way

glalactus>odin>thanos>silver surfer

unless galactus gives him enough power to rival a skyfather,SS loses

#12 Edited by BeaconofStrength (8407 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#13 Posted by HAMMER_OF_J2 (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor!!!

#14 Posted by OreoAssassin (7536 posts) - - Show Bio

OF Thor

#15 Posted by Marvelous_3212 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89: I completely agree. But the Silver Surfer did receive an upgrade. So now the question is, how much of an upgrade did he get? He wouldn't need much of Galactus power to beat OF Thor. That's how I see it.

#16 Posted by Thitiki (4461 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow no one saying Thor would get blitzed.

#17 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelous_3212: disagree. Thor got amps and upgrades to handle the foes he faced such as Gorr who slating gods left and right and having to get the Necro Sword to beat Galactus. I don't see it as a downgrade of Thor at all.

Back on topic Surfers not beating OF Thor at all, the only shot I see is him being able to use the amp he got for absorbing the energy of "The Crunch" on top being set free by Galactus like he was in Annihilation.

#18 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

Goldie locks wins

#19 Edited by BetaRayz8317 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: If the Silver Surfer recieves just a small portion more of galactus power, this fight would be over quick. How could any of you not agree with that? Thanos let odin smack him around just so he can laugh at him. This surfer, severely weakened, was "at least" as powerful as Thanos.

Also, king Thor doesn't really have any great feats. What else does King thor have under his belt? You bring up the "the god killer" like it was an extraordinary feat. Beating gods in Marvel is too easy. The Hulk ran through Mt Olympus, dispatching every god on his way up like they were jokes. He then allowed himself to be beaten by Zeus in order to prove a point. A regular Hulk did this. He then ran through The asgardians, including thor (who was nearly killed), in an attempt to destroy asgard. He eventually learned that Loki was tricking him though, so he turned his wrath on him. The sentry ripped ares, the god of war, in half. He then ripped Loki, god of mischief, in half. He destroyed Asgard all by himself! All while swatting Thor back like a fly the entire time. It ultimately took a bunch of people juiced up on the norn stones to overthrow the Sentry. I even remember sentry saying, "how many gods am I going to have to kill today." Point being.. There are a ton of god killers out there. These I just talked about being owned by regular character goes to show you that it wouldn't take much to kill a "god killer." King Thor needs more feats. That's all. Juiced up Surfer wins 10/10 times.

#20 Posted by pooty (12723 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelous_3212: disagree. Thor got amps and upgrades to handle the foes he faced such as Gorr who slating gods left and right and having to get the Necro Sword to beat Galactus. I don't see it as a downgrade of Thor at all.

Back on topic Surfers not beating OF Thor at all, the only shot I see is him being able to use the amp he got for absorbing the energy of "The Crunch" on top being set free by Galactus like he was in Annihilation.

Upgraded SS has already fought Thor. SS still couldn't keep Thor down. And people keep saying " SS matched Thanos power by charging up that machine". Problem is Thanos stated that he was only involved out of curiosity. So we have no way of knowing how much energy Thanos put into the machine. I doubt Thanos put all his energy into it. OF Thor wins almost as easily as Odin beat SS.

#21 Posted by pooty (12723 posts) - - Show Bio

In annihilation, a weakened silver surfer was able to match Thanos power (in order to free galactus).

IMO, this doesn't prove much. Thanos only got involved out of curiosity. We have no idea how much power Thanos put into the machine. I've seen nothing from SS to suggest he is as powerful as Thanos

#22 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@betarayz8317: are you sure that was a regular Hulk and not WWH or WBH? I need scans of a regular Hulk "letting" Zeus whip his ass, please enlighten me.

As far as Thor goes, Gorr the "God Killer" slayed (?) multitudes of gods all over the universe and took on and MOPPED three different versions of Thor. You couldn't have read that story and still come up with that theory that Thor beating Gorr was "nothing". That same Thor went toe to toe with Galactus BEFORE going across the universe to retrieve the Necro Sword.

That is why I said Surfer needs the amp he had from Galactus taking the leash off of him in Annihilation and the "Crunch" amp.

#23 Posted by BetaRayz8317 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha ok so lets just make a bottom line. In annihilation, we don't know who would of won. But if the surfer was wanting to go toe to toe with OF Thor, and he got an upgrade from galactus (say 30-40%, this fight is over. This is such a lopsided fight. Why? Because the the source of the Surfers power (galactus) is far greater than anything coming out of Asgard. It's a fact. If galactus gives the surfer enough power, he can wipe out all incarnations of Thor with very ease.

#24 Posted by XiiX (10495 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki said:

Wow no one saying Thor would get blitzed.

Because Surfer doesn't regularly do that.

#25 Edited by sophia89 (11019 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: If the Silver Surfer recieves just a small portion more of galactus power, this fight would be over quick. How could any of you not agree with that? Thanos let odin smack him around just so he can laugh at him. This surfer, severely weakened, was "at least" as powerful as Thanos.

Also, king Thor doesn't really have any great feats. What else does King thor have under his belt? You bring up the "the god killer" like it was an extraordinary feat. Beating gods in Marvel is too easy. The Hulk ran through Mt Olympus, dispatching every god on his way up like they were jokes. He then allowed himself to be beaten by Zeus in order to prove a point. A regular Hulk did this. He then ran through The asgardians, including thor (who was nearly killed), in an attempt to destroy asgard. He eventually learned that Loki was tricking him though, so he turned his wrath on him. The sentry ripped ares, the god of war, in half. He then ripped Loki, god of mischief, in half. He destroyed Asgard all by himself! All while swatting Thor back like a fly the entire time. It ultimately took a bunch of people juiced up on the norn stones to overthrow the Sentry. I even remember sentry saying, "how many gods am I going to have to kill today." Point being.. There are a ton of god killers out there. These I just talked about being owned by regular character goes to show you that it wouldn't take much to kill a "god killer." King Thor needs more feats. That's all. Juiced up Surfer wins 10/10 times.

bring feats of SS near that.

#26 Edited by Marvelous_3212 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89: lol so he killed a "god killer"? Read my post up above :) not too big of a feat.

#27 Posted by Kangconquers (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that this thread exists shows how laughably overrated the Silver Surfer is.

Thor WITHOUT Odin Force has stalemated post Annihilation Silver Surfer. With the Odin Force, even Aunt May could curb stomp 40 Silver Surfers. And still make better pancakes.

#28 Posted by jagernutt (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is usually overated on the vine as well.

#29 Posted by MasterKungFu (4429 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor