• 104 results
#1 Edited by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

came upon the this thread elsehwere

imo it would seem silly fora skyfather to even challenge the force

but what is THIS about?

Here is what one of Marvel's own writers said to a fan :

FAN : Phoenix has been stated to have control over all matter. Odin doesn't trump that. That's just silly.

TOM BREVOORT : Odin is the All-Father, the creator of all things. That gives him a pretty good claim, I'd say.

EDIT, there's more!

FAN : "Has been so far." Why doesn't Thor just call Odin to beat Phoenix, then?

TOM BREVOORT : For one thing, Odin isn't really around or available at the moment. For another, would you call your father to fight your battles all the time?

EDIT 2 :

FAN : "Nope and nope." You think Odin's enchantment alone (nevermind Odin itself) are more powerful than the Phoenix? Really, now?

TOM BREVOORT: Has been so far.

here you guys can follow the links tot he original post

Brevoort's formspring

the idea of odin overpowering the force seems rather silly to me

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort/q/327943027924432283

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (11423 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd depend on which Phoenix. White Phoenix obviously takes him down, but some of them I think he could take.

#3 Posted by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

but from what i understand the white phoenix is ranked below the phoenix force in raw power

as in the primal force unhindered

many times ive seen then ranked as ( from weakest to strongest) green phoenix > dark phoenix > white phoenix > phoenix force

#4 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix has could obliterate all of Asgard. Odin is killed, with no effort on the phoenix's part.

#5 Posted by nickzambuto (11423 posts) - - Show Bio

@X_insignia1 said:

but from what i understand the white phoenix is ranked below the phoenix force in raw power

many times ive seen then ranked as ( from weakest to strongest) green phoenix > dark phoenix > white phoenix > phoenix force

Ah yes yes yes, misread the thread sorry.

#6 Posted by AweSam (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

@X_insignia1 said:

I think the Phoenix Force was below white and dark? Kind of made me understand why it needed a host.

#7 Posted by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Phoenix has could obliterate all of Asgard. Odin is killed, with no effort on the phoenix's part.

which i would normally say and still believe

but where is Brevoort coming from with all of this?

the Asgardians couldn't even challenge the Celestials and i would assume theyre below the phoenix in the cosmic hierarchy

#8 Posted by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@X_insignia1 said:

I think the Phoenix Force was below white and dark? Kind of made me understand why it needed a host.

from what i understand the avatars are meant to channel it's power more effectively ( something about emotion)

as of to the force which is it's raw power unhindered in it's purest form

#9 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just a Marvel writer who's not familiar with the characters he's talking about, I guess Marvel's screening process for writers doesn't require that they've actually read Marvel comics. Odin created all things? What? Odin and all of Asgard couldn't take down one Celestial...how is Odin above the Phoenix Force?

#10 Edited by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

^right?

i've had the longest "wtf" facial expression since reading this

apparently he became executive editor back in 2007 and was to promoted senior vice president of publishing in 2011

#11 Posted by NEEK_03 (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

ODIN is just gangster. but i thought phoenix couldnt die? however odin can easily kill its host, solving his problem for awhile, he then can continue this proccess.

#12 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

the hosts - depends on which ones

the being - no way

#13 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@X_insignia1 said:

^right?

i've had the longest "wtf" facial expression since reading this

apparently he became executive editor back in 2007 and was to promoted senior vice president of publishing in 2011

Especially since it does not even require reading the comics. Half a dozen wiki sites out there that would give him the necessary info.

#14 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix force, literally eats him lol, or does this, just flies through Odin.

#15 Posted by Saren (24288 posts) - - Show Bio

Brevoort's word = law. He's close to TOAA!

#16 Posted by Andromeda (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

He's just a Marvel writer who's not familiar with the characters he's talking about, I guess Marvel's screening process for writers doesn't require that they've actually read Marvel comics. Odin created all things? What? Odin and all of Asgard couldn't take down one Celestial...how is Odin above the Phoenix Force?

Here's the scary part. He's an editor.

#17 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Yeah, if this thread were made under normal circumstances, people would be probably calling it Spite...but an actual writer from MArvel, senior vice president even, thinks Odin would win against the PF? That's honestly embarrassing.

Get ready for Odin to start killing off all the abstracts in upcoming issues!

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

#19 Posted by BringnIt (3777 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like he is a troll, you ask me.

#20 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why nothing in avengers vs x-men should be taken seriously...I don't know much about odin but I'm pretty sure he never created everything otherwise galactus would not have been a problem.

#21 Posted by daak1212 (7840 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that this was a well known fact? Marvel is retarded people.

#22 Posted by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

this is terrible man smh

#23 Posted by Pwok21 (2111 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin didn't create everything. He ruled Asgard and Midgard for a while.

Phoenix has control over the energy used for life, rebirth and everything along those lines.

Odin gets Stomped, same as Rune King Thor.

#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

You know you want to post it.

#25 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin could certainly do something against it. Probably knows some ancient way to trap and vanquish it or something. He is the All-Father.

#26 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

What are you even saying?

@CitizenBane said:

Heh

#27 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212: Do stories sync up better in DC? I never got into DC, so this is an honest question.

#28 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. Still A lack of cohesion across line is to be expected when you have a large universe, a lot of material coming out every month and a lot of people working on said material.

#29 Posted by Lord Shiva (793 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it funny that BREVOORT is trolling readers.

#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody should tell Brevoort to start actually reading comics.

#31 Posted by Lord Shiva (793 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be silly, he was/is a editor, they don't do that. ;)

#32 Posted by God_Spawn (35978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Somebody should tell Brevoort to start actually reading comics.

Brevoort: What are these comics you speak of? I just see people throwing a few words on a page with pretty pictures and I go "OOO. That looks interesting. Sell it."

#33 Posted by stu (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin did not create everything,hes just an alien. All asgard are just aliens. Not actual gods...

#34 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin could certainly take out hosts of the Phoenix Force.

#35 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe: Although I'd put Dark Phoenix Jean Grey way way above Odin, yeah, it's possible that the avatar could be taken out. But this guy seems to directly refer to the Phoenix Force itself.

#36 Posted by BMEZY (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe: Not the Majesty of the White Crown

#37 Posted by Iamlovewithin500 (1028 posts) - - Show Bio
^^^^ 

Lol 

Majesty XDDD 

but no even if Phoenix was being hosted by Jean,she'd still probably beat Odin.
#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

This is why nothing in avengers vs x-men should be taken seriously...I don't know much about odin but I'm pretty sure he never created everything otherwise galactus would not have been a problem.

We have an answer why Galactus vs. Odin seemed to be a close one... And why Gaea could boost Herc to Multiversal level, so maybe Brevoort will now tell us that this fish in AvX vs #1, was simply too heavy for Namor and that is why he "lost" to Thing. O_O
Wait for times when Black Panther vs. Surfer will be a normal, usual fight...
#39 Posted by Pokergeist (22301 posts) - - Show Bio

Its no Secret that AvX been a huge dissapointment. Does anyone know for a fact that it did worst sales so far than Civil War or World War Hulk as a event? God I hope it did. So so bad. The Story is Bad. The matches are bad. the Artwork in some of it is TERRIBLE! I hope they lose money on it and people get reamed so better product comes into the futur.  

Since this guy is Editer and Vice Pres, he could very well RETCON Odin to classic lvls where he was pretty much ridiculas and slay a Avatar of the Phoenix with ease. Can happen if he wants to go that direction. Thor is hot, Siege was Hot. I can see them leaning on the Thor fanbase for sales like they did when Hulk was Hot during Planet Hulk and World War Hulk.
#40 Posted by chriskalaani (239 posts) - - Show Bio

in my opinion phoenix is quite overrated. what feats does she have besides titles and assumptions that put her above odin? he beat eternity and infinity at the same time, what has she done thats so special?

#41 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriskalaani said:

in my opinion phoenix is quite overrated. what feats does she have besides titles and assumptions that put her above odin? he beat eternity and infinity at the same time, what has she done thats so special?

I feel the same way man, its just the fact that the phoenix feats are amazing and it has the mkraan crystal that is a omniversal power when it is broken. I find it hard to believe that the phoenix could survive a blast from that crystal, yet obliterate everything else.

#42 Posted by DiamondFist (5 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL I don't care what that editor thinks we as fans who for all we know especially combined have read way more comics than he has.

This is not even close, Phoenix Force or Fire bird (the original no host force) is right up there in what top 3 worst case top 5 in the whole of Marvel!

The weaker versions of Phoenix are not the power itself it's the host body not being able to fully tap into the power they possess, on it's own the Fire bird would crush Odin.

Odin's power level is similar to a mid or weakened strength Galactus and Phoenix has/can toy with Galactus.

#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Force

#44 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

which phoenix? is it white phoenix?

#45 Posted by DiamondFist (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX: In all fairness it doesn't matter which it is both would beat Odin however the title is "Phoenix Force" meaning the original Fire bird the true Phoenix.

#46 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@DiamondFist said:

@TERMINATORXX: In all fairness it doesn't matter which it is both would beat Odin however the title is "Phoenix Force" meaning the original Fire bird the true Phoenix.

True.

I would agree all phoenixes are more powerful than Odin.

#47 Posted by Sniber (317 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriskalaani said:

holding a universe in palms easily is enough feat to prove that PHOENIX CAN CRBSTOMP ALL SKYFATHERS COMBINED.

skyfathers = mortals.(at most on universal level)

PHOENIX = immortal (a multiversal cosmic entity)

#48 Posted by Old_Chris (58 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honestly, I myself wouldn't disagree too much with his statements. Obviously the the WPOTC version would win, however I could see the Green or even the Dark Phoenix getting stomped by Odin.

#49 Posted by beautifulrevery (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

The Phoenix is the essence of all life in the multiverse. Odin is alive, correct?

#50 Posted by XiiX (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Force.